Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:27:16 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [888] [SCRYPT] OctoCoin ◦ The Power of Eight ◦ Don't Blink  (Read 297651 times)
shellbunner

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 10:40:25 PM

If I wasn't investing my extra money into my business right now I would be buying every single Octo I could. I may be insane, but it feels right.  Grin Grin Grin
SquidsIn

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 11:21:28 PM

Have you guys ever thought, maybe the developers aren't giving any updates because they haven't completed any projects yet, and what is the point of releasing their plan beforehand for everyone to copy?

I think we've all thought it and hoped that's the case but after a while you just get tired of your loyalty and support being pretty much worthless.

They also mentioned that they haven't spent a fraction of their venture capital yet. If I were them, I'd wait for all the weak hands to bail at these lower prices before buying any back.

I hate that "weak hands" phrase because it usually comes right at the end of the denial stage before the crash down through 1 sat to LTC paired oblivion.

We just don't see enough of the picture to figure out what on earth is going on, it doesn't make any sense unless it's some kind of mass hysteria/social engineering experiment and we're the lab rats.  I think somebody a few posts back likened Octo to a cult? I agree 888% and as a logically reasoning atheist it doesn't rest well with me that I've ended up joining a cult.  Shocked

Since getting into Cryptocurrency I've had many bags, all but two have varied over time.  Those are the two I see in the mirror where my eyes once shone.
OctoCoin (OP)

Activity: 164
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 12:25:38 AM

Your concerns are heard and understood. The plan remains the same and remains in motion. Only the timelines have changed and all we can do is continue to apologize for that. We cannot sacrifice quality for time as it goes directly in the face of our mission. We believe that once we can officially get our first release(s) out, it will fully restore our credibility and reduce tension within this great community. Right now the top priority remains releasing the new client, based on the new Bitcoin Core 0.9.3 source, in hopes that it will resolve the issue(s) that occurred at Bittrex.com. While we cannot pinpoint anything specifically that could have caused the issue(s) they experienced, we all agreed it is time for an updated client/wallet release regardless. The latest release will be more polished than the previous as we begin to work toward our goal of mainstream acceptance. One of our guys will continue working on this throughout the weekend.

While we truly believe 888 will prove to be a great investment, as has been said several times in here, please do not invest more than you can afford to lose. We will execute on our plans and, in a case where we cannot deliver our first release within the next couple weeks, we will take the advice some of you have given and release a preview via a medium TBD.

We read every post in this thread and typically visit at least two times each week. When we have worthwhile updates to provide, we will always provide them. Once our credibility grows, updates with less substance will provide benefit where they currently do not.

Thank you for your time. 

GWCalvert

Activity: 167

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 12:49:31 AM

it doesn't make any sense unless it's some kind of mass hysteria/social engineering experiment and we're the lab rats. 

I've felt this way about many coins... Did someone doing a thesis for their Psychology or Sociology Phd create this coin?  Grin

That matters little at this point, as I intend to ride 888 all of the way to the top... or wherever it ends up. No sense in giving up, yet. My IRL business and side project (rescuing EMD) have been keeping me busy. These activities help me to not dwell on all of the 888 I have sitting in my wallets waiting... waiting... waiting...  Wink

888: 8TSFGEFRSXc7fjWt9RPQF1iGUe7T3J2GL1  Emerald Crypto Thread
Tearz

Activity: 627

The Pope Of Dope

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 12:50:55 AM

Your concerns are heard and understood. The plan remains the same and remains in motion. Only the timelines have changed and all we can do is continue to apologize for that. We cannot sacrifice quality for time as it goes directly in the face of our mission. We believe that once we can officially get our first release(s) out, it will fully restore our credibility and reduce tension within this great community. Right now the top priority remains releasing the new client, based on the new Bitcoin Core 0.9.3 source, in hopes that it will resolve the issue(s) that occurred at Bittrex.com. While we cannot pinpoint anything specifically that could have caused the issue(s) they experienced, we all agreed it is time for an updated client/wallet release regardless. The latest release will be more polished than the previous as we begin to work toward our goal of mainstream acceptance. One of our guys will continue working on this throughout the weekend.

While we truly believe 888 will prove to be a great investment, as has been said several times in here, please do not invest more than you can afford to lose. We will execute on our plans and, in a case where we cannot deliver our first release within the next couple weeks, we will take the advice some of you have given and release a preview via a medium TBD.

We read every post in this thread and typically visit at least two times each week. When we have worthwhile updates to provide, we will always provide them. Once our credibility grows, updates with less substance will provide benefit where they currently do not.

Thank you for your time. 

THEY LIVE!!!!!!

Welcome to the future of the  █████████████████████████████
BLOCKCHAIN-BASED BANKING

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀                ▀▀██▄
▄██▀                      ▀██▄
██▀                          ▀██
██               ██             ██
██          ███████████▄          ██
██             ███▀▀▀▀████          ██
██             ███     ███          ██
██             ███     ███          ██
██             ███▄▄▄▄████          ██
██             █████████▀           ██
██            ███ ██              ██
██            ███                 ██
██         ███████              ██
██▄                          ▄██
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀██▄▄                ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄▄      ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
PointPay   |

|
|

|

█████████████████████████
                     █                       █
                     █  ███                  █
                     █  █  █                 █
                     █  ███              ███████
                     █  █                █ █   █
                     █                   ███████
                     █ █ █ █                 █
                     █████████████████████████

Multi-currency Wallet
  [] 
                                                  █
                                  █               █
                          █       █               █
                          █       █             █████
                          █     █████     █     █   █
                        █████   █   █     █     █   █
                        █   █   █   █   █████   █   █
                        █   █   █   █   █   █   █   █
                        █   █   █████   █   █   █████
                        █   █     █     █   █     █
                        █████     █     █████     █
                          █       █       █
                          █               █
                          █
Crypto Exchange Platform
thenotfatguy

Activity: 96

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 01:04:53 AM

Thank you for your time. 

THEY LIVE!!!!!!
Well, they weren't necessarily gone too long

this time

888 - 8bse7MESKBNGz9BixUCo5Z1cKJKVV5tZC7
peterw

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 01:07:22 AM

in a case where we cannot deliver our first release within the next couple weeks, we will take the advice some of you have given and release a preview via a medium TBD.

I'm happy the devs are posting again.

Now it's back to a couple weeks like before.

I truly hope they start following through on what they are posting.
frameLAlife

Activity: 378

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 01:12:35 AM

I think if this was the norm everyone would stay happy.... for the time being. I'm still comfy holding 888 Smiley I think most people just want to feel secure in their investment.

Thanks for the update devs! Can't wait to see what you have in store for us down the road Tongue

www.ptcrypto.com YOUR Bitcoin consultants!
BTC 13TQitBTzADXpYsDMRjDqFuGaw8m1JZ2YE
syncsam

Activity: 172

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 02:05:26 AM

I smell more bullsh*t

... typically visit at least two times each week. ...

you just have to read the last few months thread posts to realise that that is bullish*t

<edit> add to that its the same as what they said last time and look how that turned out
syncsam

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 02:11:26 AM

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results  Huh
shellbunner

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 02:15:35 AM

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results  Huh
I smell more bullsh*t

you just have to read the last few months thread posts to realise that that is bullish*t

<edit> add to that its the same as what they said last time and look how that turned out

Relax. Seriously. Just because they don't post every week doesn't mean they aren't here reading what the community is posting. You must have missed the part where they said they will post updates when they have them and are meaningful. Some people in this thread are ridiculous.  Roll Eyes
syncsam

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 02:23:22 AM
Last edit: September 28, 2014, 03:18:22 AM by syncsam

all I can say is read the thread, How long did the community try and get in touch with them for??? and then all they have come out and said is the same thing as 5 weeks ago

<edit> and if you read back at all my posts in this thread I have never asked for them to post every week, all I have asked for is some professionalism
bholzer

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 08:05:27 AM

all I can say is read the thread, How long did the community try and get in touch with them for??? and then all they have come out and said is the same thing as 5 weeks ago

<edit> and if you read back at all my posts in this thread I have never asked for them to post every week, all I have asked for is some professionalism

What was the community trying to get in touch with them about? I guess I missed something. Every time I've seen something that required them to communicate with the community they were here (given I'm sure I've missed several pages throughout this thread).

Yes - they said the same thing as 5 weeks ago because, as they said, that's all there is to say. Obviously it's not what anybody wants to hear but if there is nothing new for them to add... and everybody is screaming for them to post... I guess they're damned if they do damned if they don't, right? They aren't trying to fool anybody and they've made it very clear that they don't expect you to be 100% on board until they actually start to deliver. Now they're working on the new client as well - let them do their work. What the hell have you done lately?

Also, I read back a whole 3 posts to find this:

I smell more bullsh*t

They said that they, "typically visit at least two times each week" - as Shell said, they never claimed to have posted two times each week. Obviously they wouldn't say that since they clearly haven't been - there isn't two things to post every week! If you had included a more complete quote, it would make even more sense:

They are acknowledging that they have limited credibility until they deliver what they have promised. They say they visit the thread often and read all of the posts. This is simply a reading comprehension issue. You misunderstood their post and you misunderstood Shell's post. I think you're letting your frustration get in the way of accurate processing.

I just don't understand the motivation to derail this entire thread with angry posts and nonsense - it's you guys bombarding the thread with this crap that are weakening the community and the value as much as anything. You induce panic which does absolutely nothing constructive. You scare away anybody new that comes here and sees instability and friction. You demand updates... yet when they provide what updates they can you flip out because you aren't satisfied. Some of you guys are obviously clueless when it comes to the software world - everything is always behind schedule. The deeper you get into a project the more areas you want to perfect. The original iPhone was over a year behind schedule, OS X took 2 years longer to complete than originally estimated - if you've ever worked with programmers, these guys a notoriously optimistic when it comes to release dates.

Before you post some angry rant in here, ask yourself, "what good is this going to do for OctoCoin and its community?" I simply don't understand being a blatant asshole and twisting words around/etc trying to derail the entire thread - I truly don't. I'm sorry you misunderstood the post but you are feeling negative about this thing and you surely aren't going to post anything positive. I don't understand the point in trying to freak everyone out with constant complaining and rants. I'll never understand the motivation to unnecessarily destabilize a community you are a part of - I really won't. We're all in this together man and of course it's frustrating to wait and wonder but not nearly as frustrating as reading your posts. Take a step back and regroup - why do you want to drive a stake through this community? I'm just trying to understand the thought process here - short of simply being malicious, nothing really computes.

They're busting their ass while you're sitting around whining. Nothing they can say will satisfy you so quit asking them to say anything before they're ready! When these guys make you a bunch of money you better kiss their feet.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
SquidsIn

Activity: 236

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 10:56:56 AM

What was the community trying to get in touch with them about? I guess I missed something. Every time I've seen something that required them to communicate with the community they were here (given I'm sure I've missed several pages throughout this thread).

Yes - they said the same thing as 5 weeks ago because, as they said, that's all there is to say. Obviously it's not what anybody wants to hear but if there is nothing new for them to add... and everybody is screaming for them to post... I guess they're damned if they do damned if they don't, right? They aren't trying to fool anybody and they've made it very clear that they don't expect you to be 100% on board until they actually start to deliver. Now they're working on the new client as well - let them do their work. What the hell have you done lately?

Also, I read back a whole 3 posts to find this:

I smell more bullsh*t

They said that they, "typically visit at least two times each week" - as Shell said, they never claimed to have posted two times each week. Obviously they wouldn't say that since they clearly haven't been - there isn't two things to post every week! If you had included a more complete quote, it would make even more sense:

They are acknowledging that they have limited credibility until they deliver what they have promised. They say they visit the thread often and read all of the posts. This is simply a reading comprehension issue. You misunderstood their post and you misunderstood Shell's post. I think you're letting your frustration get in the way of accurate processing.

I just don't understand the motivation to derail this entire thread with angry posts and nonsense - it's you guys bombarding the thread with this crap that are weakening the community and the value as much as anything. You induce panic which does absolutely nothing constructive. You scare away anybody new that comes here and sees instability and friction. You demand updates... yet when they provide what updates they can you flip out because you aren't satisfied. Some of you guys are obviously clueless when it comes to the software world - everything is always behind schedule. The deeper you get into a project the more areas you want to perfect. The original iPhone was over a year behind schedule, OS X took 2 years longer to complete than originally estimated - if you've ever worked with programmers, these guys a notoriously optimistic when it comes to release dates.

Before you post some angry rant in here, ask yourself, "what good is this going to do for OctoCoin and its community?" I simply don't understand being a blatant asshole and twisting words around/etc trying to derail the entire thread - I truly don't. I'm sorry you misunderstood the post but you are feeling negative about this thing and you surely aren't going to post anything positive. I don't understand the point in trying to freak everyone out with constant complaining and rants. I'll never understand the motivation to unnecessarily destabilize a community you are a part of - I really won't. We're all in this together man and of course it's frustrating to wait and wonder but not nearly as frustrating as reading your posts. Take a step back and regroup - why do you want to drive a stake through this community? I'm just trying to understand the thought process here - short of simply being malicious, nothing really computes.

They're busting their ass while you're sitting around whining. Nothing they can say will satisfy you so quit asking them to say anything before they're ready! When these guys make you a bunch of money you better kiss their feet.

I think much of the frustration and thirst for contact / news is a symptom of the modern world we live in with 24 hour rolling news updates and always on internet connectivity.  We've been conditioned to want and to crave constant reassurance, terror, euphoria, satisfaction, validation, etc.

I'm guilty of it myself, I try not to be but its hard not to get sucked in, especially when you have something to lose or gain.  It was the promise of good things to come and the ambition of the dev team that drew us in and banded us all together, it's the bad things and the prolonged silences that fuel the self defeating forum tourettes.

Either Octocoin will reach dizzy heights or it will fail.  I don't think there's any middle ground and I don't believe that anything any of us in here say or do will influence the outcome in the long term.  That will be determined by what the dev team comes up with in the coming months but there's one thing I still don't understand...

I would be interested in hearing why the devs needed Octocoin as part of their plans?  Once it was released into the public domain the distribution of it was largely out of their control, so why Octocoin? is it simply vanity or is the branding crucial?  Why not produce all of the other bits and pieces that constitute the "invested" project where the real money is and then when it's ready announce it to the world with an existing alt or bitcoin at its core.  That could have been done without the effort needed to create the coin in the first place and cater to a whinging community.  This thread now carries history, emotion and baggage that will presumably follow the OctoCoin project?.  Yes, the same could be said for bitcoin but it would have been more detached.

I think I'm just going to shut up and sit on my Octo until Christmas, see what transpires.

Since getting into Cryptocurrency I've had many bags, all but two have varied over time.  Those are the two I see in the mirror where my eyes once shone.
syncsam

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 06:21:35 PM

Well there is actually no anger on my side, so what ever emotions you have put into the words I wrote are your emotions not mine.

If you actually read what they said and you will see that it is all fluff, the only substance is that they are going to put out a new wallet.  when someone tells you fluff, it means they are being evasive. which points to the fact that nothing will be ready in the next few weeks (like the other fluff they have previously feed you).  If something were to be ready the would talk more specific w (without giving away details) "guys, we have an app ready related to ?? be ready mid oct"  that is a message with some substance

What I was trying to point out by the fact that they said they were here quite often, well it would have taken 1 post 2 or so months ago that would have stop the community turning.  If they actually read the thread often as they claim and didn't post to calm things down, it means this community doesn't mean sh*t to them

I do want this coin to succeed.  the problem is if someone is looking to buy a coin and they have 2 coins to choose from (we will say for this they are basically similar), and they see one set of devs, that have been professional, kept their word and deadlines, then you have the other coin, where the devs aren't professional, can't keep their own deadlines, not pro active, often can't be contacted.  which coin would you pick.  I see the devs being more professional as important as it reflects on the coin

so you know I have wrote this with no anger, so if you add anger thats your own choice
bholzer

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 02:15:12 AM

I do want this coin to succeed.  the problem is if someone is looking to buy a coin and they have 2 coins to choose from (we will say for this they are basically similar), and they see one set of devs, that have been professional, kept their word and deadlines, then you have the other coin, where the devs aren't professional, can't keep their own deadlines, not pro active, often can't be contacted.  which coin would you pick.

The problem with that analogy is I don't know of any coin in the past 6 months that fits your first description. In my opinion, the OctoCoin devs have been the most professional of all the recent altcoin devs (next to Murraycoin, of course! Hey - I'm trying!) They have given zero indication that they are concerned with driving up the price in the short-term/etc - something most of the other coin developers seem to be focused on 100%. These guys are in it for the long haul, tired of missing their goals, and certainly more frustrated with the situation than anybody. Who has more motivation than them to succeed? Who has put more effort into this? Who has to sift through page after page of people who have turned on them and then go back to work for the benefit of the very people that are tearing them apart? I just think everybody needs to relax a bit. Be smart about things, sure, but constructive contributions are key. Time and time again it's been proven these developers have no interest in getting involved in arguments/flame wars/etc and the more volatile it gets in here the less they post. In fact, have they ever engaged anybody with a negative attitude? They have their sights set on their goals and I have no problem with them avoiding the insanity that is this entire forum (not just this thread) when there is nothing to gain. Seriously - the entire "alternate cryptocurrencies" section of BCT is beginning to resemble a psych ward. Everyone has their hands out and nobody wants to contribute - 888 has been one of the rare exceptions where the community actually rose up and contributed in various ways. It's understandable that people have become less enthusiastic waiting around... but it seems crazy to me that people are flipping out. They're posting - they claim they're still working away - nobody can make your decisions for you but take that information and go from there.

Can we get back on topic? Let's think up some ideas to help move things forward while we wait instead of burning this whole thing down.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
frameLAlife

Activity: 378

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 01:28:57 PM

I tend to agree with Squids and Bholzer....

Sorry about the conference call yesterday. Comcast had a 24+ hour outage here and I was preoccupied. Only two of you wanted to be on it anyways...

Some of the discussions here are better heard in voice... js... much gets lost in words. Sarcasm, etc.

Maybe next Sunday you guys will join.

Anyways, off to work.

www.ptcrypto.com YOUR Bitcoin consultants!
BTC 13TQitBTzADXpYsDMRjDqFuGaw8m1JZ2YE
th0ms0n

Activity: 66

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 04:37:49 PM

anyone wants to dump? there's some buy support at bittrex.. this is your chance
BeardedCouncil

Activity: 67

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 11:37:57 PM

anyone wants to dump? there's some buy support at bittrex.. this is your chance

You buying?  Wink
thenotfatguy

Activity: 96

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 01:47:35 AM

As of this post, more than 31,000,000 Octos have been mined.
The block reward remains at 88 per block as per the block explorer.

Maybe the wording is a little difficult in the OctoCoin website, and the rewards will be cut down to 80 in 88 days, or I did not read something correctly.

Anyone care to take a better stab at it?  Grin

888 - 8bse7MESKBNGz9BixUCo5Z1cKJKVV5tZC7
Pages: « 1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 »
  Print  

Jump to: