Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:13:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [888] [SCRYPT] OctoCoin ◦ The Power of Eight ◦ Don't Blink  (Read 297646 times)
mafort1469

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 02:23:21 AM

So what is the plan here? I understand that we need to do something so let us do something. I am in the same boat as most of you so let's get this back up and running and see where we stand. I do know that there will be a major dump once an exchange comes back online, that is a given. For those of us that will HODL then we need to have a roadmap to guide us through this crisis. Many have said to stay with 888 symbol and all and that is fine. We just need to do something and quit talking. Talk is cheap so let's move on a plan. I do wish I were a dev as then I would make it happen myself. Alas, I am not so I have to rely on others to make this happen. The longer we wait the more dumpers there will be. I am open to ANY suggestions on what I can do to help anyone that can get this back online again. Thank you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lifeforcepools

Activity: 616
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 11:23:19 AM

To end speculation.

The plan is this - Edric has been hired by a small group to fix the problem with the wallet. He is hard at work right now and an announcement will be coming in the next several days. Since the 888 codebase was originally a fork of a much larger and well know coin, Edric is analyzing whether is easier to fix the current code base or again - copy that larger coins codebase (which has been updated and is VERY stable) and reapply the changes necessary for 888.

A proposal was put forth in this very thread over a week ago for form a group that could contribute funds, but no one stepped up and the original devs are unable long term to make the kind of commitment necessary to insure continuity. Their input and offers are most appreciated.

We felt the best thing for this coin to allay fears of it's demise is to get a functional and bug free wallet completed so that Bittrex would unlock people's fund and let free market trading of the coin begin again. It simply was unfair to holders of the coin for Bittrex to hold their coins hostage while nothing was being done to correct the problem. This will cure that situation

as Arnold might say : "888 will be BACK!"

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
LeFiste

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 12:31:56 PM

Great to see that sth. is been done right now! Many, many thanks! Was there any communication with the original devs? Did Edric get a hold of them?

SquidsIn

Activity: 236

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 03:38:13 PM

To end speculation.

The plan is this - Edric has been hired by a small group to fix the problem with the wallet. He is hard at work right now and an announcement will be coming in the next several days. Since the 888 codebase was originally a fork of a much larger and well know coin, Edric is analyzing whether is easier to fix the current code base or again - copy that larger coins codebase (which has been updated and is VERY stable) and reapply the changes necessary for 888.

A proposal was put forth in this very thread over a week ago for form a group that could contribute funds, but no one stepped up and the original devs are unable long term to make the kind of commitment necessary to insure continuity. Their input and offers are most appreciated.

We felt the best thing for this coin to allay fears of it's demise is to get a functional and bug free wallet completed so that Bittrex would unlock people's fund and let free market trading of the coin begin again. It simply was unfair to holders of the coin for Bittrex to hold their coins hostage while nothing was being done to correct the problem. This will cure that situation

Absolute fucking bullshit.  So the coin is once again being run by a mysterious group, a group that is still allegedly in touch with the original devs.  So who is the we here? there or 4 or 5 people regularly posting on here and not one of them (to my knowledge) is involved in the "we" collective.  Thanks for the private offer to buy 1 million coins for 1 btc by the way, i would rather send them to a dead address with no known private key than let some other here today gone tomorrow mystery collective profit from them.

Since getting into Cryptocurrency I've had many bags, all but two have varied over time.  Those are the two I see in the mirror where my eyes once shone.
lifeforcepools

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 03:58:02 PM

To end speculation.

Absolute fucking bullshit.  So the coin is once again being run by a mysterious group, a group that is still allegedly in touch with the original devs.  So who is the we here? there or 4 or 5 people regularly posting on here and not one of them (to my knowledge) is involved in the "we" collective.  Thanks for the private offer to buy 1 million coins for 1 btc by the way, i would rather send them to a dead address with no known private key than let some other here today gone tomorrow mystery collective profit from them.

whatever dude...

put you money where you mouth is - lots of people here had the opportunity to setup up to  the plate - none did. Not a single fucking person - including you.

I did and I put real BTC in - dude you're crying now because what... you missed to opportunity to be part of the 'mysterious group" ?? is that what it is.

I like the coin - always have and have been mining it solo for a long time before I opened a pool for it and that's why I offered to by yours.

I invite you to be part of the 'mysterious group' - the group is me, myself and Edric - so stop your whining. Your like the guy who had a chance to buy a ticket on the ride, chose not to then stands there's crying because he missed the opportunity - grow the fuck up.

there's no mysterious group - before you start shouting bullshit - all you had to do was ask who is in the group - jesus man - you're acting like an exposed nerve...

as my high school football coach used to say if any of us opened out mouths on the sidelines to criticize - put some skin in the game - just because I'm not out here posting all the time doesn't make me any less of a member of the community.

regardless of your claim  of bullshit I am having Edric continue his work and I will continue to pay him - to me a deal is a deal - when he's done and has it working we will put it to a vote is the community wants to accept the 'fixed' wallet it take another course of action.

Let the majority rule.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
SquidsIn

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 04:05:48 PM

To end speculation.

whatever dude...

put you money where you mouth is - lots of people here had the opportunity to setup up to  the plate - none did. Not a single fucking person - including you.

I did and I put real BTC in - dude you're crying now because what... you missed to opportunity to be part of the 'mysterious group" ?? is that what it is.

I like the coin - always have and have been mining it solo for a long time before I opened a pool for it and that's why I offered to by yours.

I invite you to be part of the 'mysterious group' - the group is me, myself and Edric - so stop your whining. Your like the guy who had a chance to buy a ticket on the ride, chose not to then stands there's crying because he missed the opportunity - grow the fuck up.

there's no mysterious group - before you start shouting bullshit - all you had to do was ask who is in the group - jesus man - you're acting like an exposed nerve...

as my high school football coach used to say if any of us opened out mouths on the sidelines to criticize - put some skin in the game - just because I'm not out here posting all the time doesn't make me any less of a member of the community.

regardless of your claim  of bullshit I am having Edric continue his work and I will continue to pay him - to me a deal is a deal - when he's done and has it working we will put it to a vote is the community wants to accept the 'fixed' wallet it take another course of action.

Let the majority rule.

I'd have happily put in a couple of BTC for a community takeover provided there were solid plans for the coin, there weren't, not yet at least and I wasn't invited to your majority, so c'est la vie.

Go learn English kid, look up the meaning of the word majority. In the meantime, good luck with octoscam2.

Incidentally, if anybody wants to dump *cough* I mean trade there is always the rather mickey mouse backwater that is Xnigma that still has an Octo market with a very faint pulse.

Since getting into Cryptocurrency I've had many bags, all but two have varied over time.  Those are the two I see in the mirror where my eyes once shone.
lifeforcepools

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 04:14:39 PM
Last edit: November 21, 2014, 04:27:24 PM by lifeforcepools

that's bullshit and you know it

everyone here was invited - I posted last week or the week before that we should form a group of contributors - so yes - you were invited and so was everyone else.

my proposal fell on deaf ears.

it's as simple as that...

the bottom line is this - this coin is getting dangerously close to being removed from Bittrex due to apathy on the part of the community - I call it analysis paralysis.

someone needed to step up to the plate and take action - if you wanna crucify me that - that's your right it's a free world.

the bottom line is that I have no say in the direction of this coin or it's development - you can ask Edric himself - I have asked for nothing special nor have it given him any 'marching orders' he has free reign to pursue a path for the coin that's in the best interest of the community and the coin, not my personal interests - believe it if you want or not.

the community here supports him and has spoken highly of him so it's why I contacted him in the first place.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
SquidsIn

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 04:27:52 PM

everyone here was invited - I posted last week or the week before that we should form a group of contributors - so yes - you were invited and so was everyone else.

the bottom line is this - this coin is getting dangerously close to being removed from Bittrex due to apathy on the part of the community - I call it analysis paralysis.

someone needed to step up to the plate and take action - if you wanna crucify me that - that's your right it's a free world.

the bottom line is that I have no say in the direction of this coin or it's development - you can ask Edric himself - I have asked for nothing special nor have it given him any 'marching orders' he has free reign to pursue a path for the coin that's in the best interest of the community and the coin, not my personal interests - believe it if you want or not.

OK, fair enough, maybe I was a bit harsh but seriously have you learnt nothing from what's happened here with this coin? we're where we are because of a one individual with no morals, no scruples and a lot of deceit.  We were all strung along by his enigmatic, meaningless drivel.  So for you to then come along and talk up the coin's revival in a less than transparent way talking of a group effort surely it's not hard to understand how it's going to be perceived when it turns out there is no "we" yet.  If you'd have come along and said, does anybody want to join us, i've agreed to pay edric to do it, i'm buying coins cheap because I believe in the future of Octo for the following reasons / solid plans then you'd have got a lot more respect.

I see you've put up a pool for Octo and asked your members not to advertise it's there but to come mine it while the difficulty/hash rate is low.  it's really not that hard for a jaded community to jump to the conclusion that somebody is planning a pump and dump.

lifeforcepools

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 04:50:10 PM

you damn right i did...

when everyone else runs for the hills - people will balls take a risk...

jesus - you must have voted for Obama for sure....

risk reward and return go hand in hand - I hate people who think taking a risk is some how wrong. Your damn right I told them to mine the hell out of this coin - when the pussies retreat the men with balls move to the front.

personally it sounds to me like you're jealous who did not avail yourself of the opportunity - I want the people who mine in my pools to have every advantage they can.

and I'll be willing to lay odds that's you're the first person to dump after the wallet is unfrozen on Bittrex...

and as far as I know you're the only person around with enough coins to engineer a pump and dump

LOL

▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
damm315er

Activity: 539
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 04:53:55 PM

OK, fair enough, maybe I was a bit harsh but seriously have you learnt nothing from what's happened here with this coin? we're where we are because of a one individual with no morals, no scruples and a lot of deceit.  We were all strung along by his enigmatic, meaningless drivel.  So for you to then come along and talk up the coin's revival in a less than transparent way talking of a group effort surely it's not hard to understand how it's going to be perceived when it turns out there is no "we" yet.  If you'd have come along and said, does anybody want to join us, i've agreed to pay edric to do it, i'm buying coins cheap because I believe in the future of Octo for the following reasons / solid plans then you'd have got a lot more respect.

I see you've put up a pool for Octo and asked your members not to advertise it's there but to come mine it while the difficulty/hash rate is low.  it's really not that hard for a jaded community to jump to the conclusion that somebody is planning a pump and dump.

Would someone going to do a pump and dump, put their own btc in to keep a coin alive to do it, then offer it so his pool members could profit from it?  Or keep it to themselves?

He saw the issue with octo and opened the pool so his members could take advantage of an opportunity, that carried HIGH RISK..  He said that in the post for the pool.

After that, he offered to do a collective to get the coin back on its feet, and got crickets for a response.

After that, he put up his own coin to keep the coin alive.

After that, you have the gonads to make it seem like he's not being forthright and honest?  What the fuck is wrong with you?
mafort1469

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 05:50:36 PM

Thanks for taking the initiative to get this coin going again, truly appreciated!!!

As for anyone looking to dump once Bittrex is back up and running, good luck finding anyone buying at whatever ridiculous price you will be asking. Why not hold? You have held them this long and if no one is selling then price will move upwards. Also if you must sell please spread out the sells so as not to instantly sabotage the market. Thank  you.

wartywarlock

Activity: 208

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 05:55:38 PM

Hi Lifeforce, sorry for the late reply, I meant for it to come a lot sooner.

I'm glad to hear that Edric is already at work on the new wallet. Hopefully you can act as a go between to keep us updated on his decisions and discoveries. I'm not going to ask what you've put up but I will say that BC will chip in what we reasonably can afford.

Naming wise, personally I like the Octo theme and name, 888 is less important by comparison. 888 it good too though, don't get me wrong.
djslick
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2014, 06:05:43 PM

yeah, i'm happy to see that something, anything is happening with this coin. i actually commented very heavily in favour towards appointing Edric as the new man in charge. since then he hasn't posted once.

it would be nice to hear it from him regarding his involvement, he's never been too shy to fully explain exactly what's going on.

the issue octocoin had with it's previous owners was that they were not forthcoming.

none of us heard about edric being paid to fix the coin until you posted such.

no one will trust this coin if it continues to have backroom dealings. The only reason i put my vote towards Edric is that he's proven that he's capable of full transparency.

frankly, we'd like to hear from him.

*** STUMP THE TRUMP *** SPURN THE BERN *** VOTE BILLARY! ***
-= www.Billary.rocks | https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1439754 =-
djslick
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2014, 06:07:48 PM

and you simply cannot get rid of 888, so far, it's the only thing this coin has going for it. people throw money at things that have 8's in them, it's just a weird law of social dynamics. anyone talking about getting rid of '888' should do some homework.

888 is by no means owned by a single gambling enterprise, it's a number, a very lucky set of numbers, it's used all over the place, obviously anyone who disagrees doesn't have a thriving chinatown in their city.

*** STUMP THE TRUMP *** SPURN THE BERN *** VOTE BILLARY! ***
-= www.Billary.rocks | https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1439754 =-
lifeforcepools

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 06:09:15 PM

and you simply cannot get rid of 888, so far, it's the only thing this coin has going for it. people throw money at things that have 8's in them, it's just a weird law of social dynamics. anyone talking about getting rid of '888' should do some homework.

888 is by no means owned by a single gambling enterprise, it's a number, a very lucky set of numbers, it's used all over the place, obviously anyone who disagrees doesn't have a thriving chinatown in their city.

+1

▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
lifeforcepools

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 06:10:35 PM

yeah, i'm happy to see that something, anything is happening with this coin. i actually commented very heavily in favour towards appointing Edric as the new man in charge. since then he hasn't posted once.

it would be nice to hear it from him regarding his involvement, he's never been too shy to fully explain exactly what's going on.

the issue octocoin had with it's previous owners was that they were not forthcoming.

none of us heard about edric being paid to fix the coin until you posted such.

no one will trust this coin if it continues to have backroom dealings. The only reason i put my vote towards Edric is that he's proven that he's capable of full transparency.

frankly, we'd like to hear from him.

I asked Edric to not post anything until he had a plan in mind for fixing the problem - I will take the heat for that.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
langvad

Activity: 159

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 09:21:01 PM

Yeah here too, thanks to those of u working for octocoin to stay alive Smiley
SquidsIn

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 02:52:21 AM

you damn right i did...

risk reward and return go hand in hand - I hate people who think taking a risk is some how wrong. Your damn right I told them to mine the hell out of this coin - when the pussies retreat the men with balls move to the front.

personally it sounds to me like you're jealous who did not avail yourself of the opportunity - I want the people who mine in my pools to have every advantage they can.

and I'll be willing to lay odds that's you're the first person to dump after the wallet is unfrozen on Bittrex...

and as far as I know you're the only person around with enough coins to engineer a pump and dump

LOL

LOL indeed.  Your arrogance is astounding but sadly not unexpected.

You do realise that in the "rest" of the world we don't get a vote on your "world" leader?  Instead we get to vote on our own insignificant little local political candidates.

You're damn right I'm the first to dump on Bittrex.  Why the fuck would I not now its been made very clear that there's no longer a community here worth fighting for and it's every man for himself?

SquidsIn

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 03:09:06 AM

you damn right i did...

LOL

LOL indeed.  Your arrogance is astounding but sadly not unexpected.

You do realise that in the "rest" of the world we don't get a vote on your "world" leader?  Instead we get to vote on our own insignificant little local political candidates.

You're damn right I'm the first to dump on Bittrex.  Why the fuck would I not now its been made very clear that there's no longer a community here worth fighting for and it's every man for himself?

Also,

next time you're having a planning meeting with edric, ask him who exactly it was gave him 24 hours mining proceeds (10k Octo back then) without asking for anything in return to prove that his pool payouts were on a parity with FusionHash and to help him out of his negative balance hole.  I guess that counts for fuck all in the new dog eat dog Octo forum.

And since you're such an honest upstanding individual it would be a nice gesture if you'd agree to match the 100k Octo I donated to the kids charity in here.  In the meantime I'll just keep buying it back on Xnigma shall I.

langvad

Activity: 159

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 02:28:56 PM

[/quote]

Also,

next time you're having a planning meeting with edric, ask him who exactly it was gave him 24 hours mining proceeds (10k Octo back then) without asking for anything in return to prove that his pool payouts were on a parity with FusionHash and to help him out of his negative balance hole.  I guess that counts for fuck all in the new dog eat dog Octo forum.

And since you're such an honest upstanding individual it would be a nice gesture if you'd agree to match the 100k Octo I donated to the kids charity in here.  In the meantime I'll just keep buying it back on Xnigma shall I.
[/quote]

So u would rather just declare this coin dead or? At least some people are trying to come up with a plan for it to try and survive, where are UR ideas?
Pages: « 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 »
  Print  

Jump to: