Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:46:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 ... 273 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 【BOT】 🌟 C.A.T. Cryptocurrency Automatic Trader 🌟 (New Price List 04/2021)  (Read 531011 times)
Sampey (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1040

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 05:09:00 PM

if you have to reboot, after 5 minutes you can start where you have stopped 5 minutes ago...

you can do the same with CAT. Just set the auto-backup active.

I don't know how to use CAT but that's for sure in a very stress way.
I always followed your problems, from configuration to performances, to code changing just for you.
I don't know how but you have always some crash problems.

I'm not a magician, i need to have info.
Why don't you reply to my last pm? EVerytime you have a problem i ask you thing and you give me partial responses.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ewibit
Legendary

Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 05:22:21 PM

if you have to reboot, after 5 minutes you can start where you have stopped 5 minutes ago...

you can do the same with CAT. Just set the auto-backup active.

I don't know how to use CAT but that's for sure in a very stress way.
I always followed your problems, from configuration to performances, to code changing just for you.
I don't know how but you have always some crash problems.

I'm not a magician, i need to have info.
Why don't you reply to my last pm? EVerytime you have a problem i ask you thing and you give me partial responses.

auto-backup IS active
but it does NOT reactivate all that has been before (only a few, don't know how it picks)
I have send you in PM last days logs etc. thx for your commitment, but the main problem seems to be that it is JAVA (the most lagging computer language as someone said in another thread...)

Sampey (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 05:25:38 PM

Ok, but CAT is a Java program so the only thing you can do is :
- Send me the error log when something happens
- Give me info about HOW it happens

And then, as usually i will try to fix it.
ewibit
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 05:30:10 PM

here you see HOW it happens (since hours)

have now deleted all logs because altogether they are growing to big

Sampey (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 05:34:05 PM

here you see HOW it happens (since hours)

have now deleted all logs because altogether they are growing to big

This is not HOW, this is only a picture.

I want to be very clear about the use you're doing with this program : if you think you can run 100 markets at the same time, with 1 second lookup time and more aggressive option results will be always bad.
You must consider the fact that
1 - CAT Must use a FIFO API Queue because Exchanges wants a specifica increase number inside any call, so forgot about parallelization, it's not a CAT problem, it's a rule CAT must follow
2 - Exchange could ban you if you make too many calls, from that moment you will continue get errors.
3 - You can open the error log, if error it's always the same, you can copy/paste me the first 500 lines, no need to send me 80MB files with the same error inside.

Thanks
harlan86

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 08:57:22 AM

Hello Sampey,

is it any way to have unique name for a same markets in exchange?
I mean, look at the picture: https://uploadfiles.io/b7cca
It's a lot of xpr/usd markets with different algo running on each other.
If you have many same open markets in single exchange you have the same name between each other.
In all pages: global gain, general statistics, markets list.
If you want to change algo setting of one market, you need sequentyally search for exact market with needed algo(you can't find it fast). And also it's a not clear to determine what exact algo is sucess from general statistics or global gain page.

It would be good, if application will allow to rename markets title and show such name in all related parts of application.
So, lets sayd instead of general "xpr/usd" name, one of market would have name "xrp/usd (pump)".
Also in 'global gain' page, 'Market' column will show "xrp/usd (pump)" too, etc for other pages too.
harlan86

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 09:18:51 AM

I think the problem is that CAT is not act like a true 24/7 application.
It's a 2 main issues here:
- CAT can't handle problems by itself and don't do restart/reconnection when error occurs.
So, if the problem with exchange - instead of detect it, you just talk that problem with exchange, and user need to restart cat, do some things, etc.
Okay, problem with exchange, you have some internal implementation of your software, but if you positioning your software like a 24/7 you can't just talk: "it's a exchange problem it's a not a cat". In fact you can, but any other words from your side about 24/7 it's a lie.

- CAT can't automatically restore after fail. For example users can't do cron/auto load with system and just leave system with CAT for 24/7. At any start of CAT you need to login on every exchange, click to bunch of dialogs during loading market and parameters, etc. This amount of manual work is not suppose that user work with 24/7 application.

I don't know what kind of software you are write on your work additionally to CAT, and if you have experience with real 24/7 application.
But for reference you could see how the video surveillance system works, how the POS/ATM works, how software at automotive area works. It's a exact good example of how your software should ack as a 24/7 system.
Sampey (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 12:02:45 PM

Hello Sampey,

is it any way to have unique name for a same markets in exchange?
I mean, look at the picture: https://uploadfiles.io/b7cca
It's a lot of xpr/usd markets with different algo running on each other.
If you have many same open markets in single exchange you have the same name between each other.
In all pages: global gain, general statistics, markets list.
If you want to change algo setting of one market, you need sequentyally search for exact market with needed algo(you can't find it fast). And also it's a not clear to determine what exact algo is sucess from general statistics or global gain page.

It would be good, if application will allow to rename markets title and show such name in all related parts of application.
So, lets sayd instead of general "xpr/usd" name, one of market would have name "xrp/usd (pump)".
Also in 'global gain' page, 'Market' column will show "xrp/usd (pump)" too, etc for other pages too.

This features actually is not in my todo list.

- CAT can't handle problems by itself and don't do restart/reconnection when error occurs.

CAT handle problems by itselfs and any lost connection/connection problem are restored or dropped.
There's also a super-thread that is able to restart any single market in "frozen" status.
Problem occurs when a lot of markets are open, ram goes over some limits and CAT start make a LOT of connection.

So, if the problem with exchange - instead of detect it, you just talk that problem with exchange, and user need to restart cat, do some things, etc.
Okay, problem with exchange, you have some internal implementation of your software, but if you positioning your software like a 24/7 you can't just talk: "it's a exchange problem it's a not a cat". In fact you can, but any other words from your side about 24/7 it's a lie.

You probably talks without any idea about my support and daily code review.
There's nothing to detect :
- Too many API Calls? You get a BAN
- Exchange can't handle a lot of api call? -> Delay, Empty Responses, HTML Pages instead of Real Responses
- Exchange Goes into Maintenance mode for 10 Hours -> C.A.T. can't work for 10 hours.

And CAT is a 24/7, of course.

- CAT can't automatically restore after fail. For example users can't do cron/auto load with system and just leave system with CAT for 24/7. At any start of CAT you need to login on every exchange, click to bunch of dialogs during loading market and parameters, etc. This amount of manual work is not suppose that user work with 24/7 application.

24/7 is about the RUNNING part, not the startup. I understand that log into an exchange takes you 3 seconds : it's an hard life  Wink Wink

I don't know what kind of software you are write on your work additionally to CAT, and if you have experience with real 24/7 application.
But for reference you could see how the video surveillance system works, how the POS/ATM works, how software at automotive area works. It's a exact good example of how your software should ack as a 24/7 system.

You don't need to worry about that.

Thanks for your impressions
harlan86

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 12:45:06 PM

CAT handle problems by itselfs and any lost connection/connection problem are restored or dropped.
There's also a super-thread that is able to restart any single market in "frozen" status.
Problem occurs when a lot of markets are open, ram goes over some limits and CAT start make a LOT of connection.

For sure it's a CAT problem that software can't prevent this situation.
For example, when RAM exceed, Chrome browser will don't allow you to create new tab. What is the problem to do same in CAT?Wink

You probably talks without any idea about my support and daily code review.

I am a user of CAT and see your support Wink

There's nothing to detect :
- Too many API Calls? You get a BAN

Sure, and only CAT can count number of API calls. Not user, not support person of CAT, but just CAT software itself.
And it didn't do it.
Fail of CAT.

- Exchange can't handle a lot of api call? -> Delay, Empty Responses, HTML Pages instead of Real Responses

Have you ever heard about fault tolerance in software development?? Anything about error handling?
You get at response HTML page instead of JSON answer, and you just put this error to UI and CAT stop at that market/exchange.
Sorry, it's a bad design of software at this place, nothing more.

- Exchange Goes into Maintenance mode for 10 Hours -> C.A.T. can't work for 10 hours.

It would be not a problem if after maintenance CAT will restore automatically. In fact, I didn't see it.

And CAT is a 24/7, of course.

Sure, it's your opinion.
And my opinion that it's not.
Sampey (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 01:18:31 PM

For sure it's a CAT problem that software can't prevent this situation.
For example, when RAM exceed, Chrome browser will don't allow you to create new tab. What is the problem to do same in CAT?Wink

Well i had to restart Chrome many times because other programs use the available Ram and Chrome was stuck.
And CAT is not a Critical Life Satefy program : if you open 100 markets then CAT will allows you open them.
If you froze CAT running 100 algorithm, next time try to use more Ram or trade on 50 Markets.
User is able to understand what is good and what is not. If you continue open 100 markets with 256 MB Ram you will always obtain the same result.
And no, CAT won't tell you "Hey, you're using too much RAM, i suggest ....".

Sure, and only CAT can count number of API calls. Not user, not support person of CAT, but just CAT software itself.
And it didn't do it.
Fail of CAT.

No, you have an Option to slow the CAT fifo, it's fully configurable. Probably you don't know about this function.

Have you ever heard about fault tolerance in software development?? Anything about error handling?
You get at response HTML page instead of JSON answer, and you just put this error to UI and CAT stop at that market/exchange.
Sorry, it's a bad design of software at this place, nothing more.

CAT handle all the errors
And CAT behaviour can't be "I have an error, i stop it", user won't be happy to find a stop algorithm due to some maintenance routine that occurs for 5 minutes.

It would be not a problem if after maintenance CAT will restore automatically. In fact, I didn't see it.

You see Bad, CAT restore automatically.

yes, the only difference is that i know every single line of code. You don't know nothing.
BUT you have the arrogance to talk about HOW my program works, what is able to do and what is not.
And i don't want to loose my time to find PM from customers who tells me that they run CAT for weeks without stops.

Now, if you have suggestions or error log to give me, i'm here.
Otherwise, discussion is close.

Thanks.
Ibisy

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 01:52:06 PM

I'm using one Amazon AWS free tier VPN (just 1GB RAM) just for trading and i'm running it 24/7 for 10 straight days now. CAT already made more than 147 thousand API calls and completed 218 Ping-Pongs in 3 different market tabs. My RAM use never excedes 250MB and i can see in the logs that, in my opinion, CAT it's very stable and reliable for this kind of program.

ewibit
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 03:03:16 PM

I'm using one Amazon AWS free tier VPN (just 1GB RAM) just for trading and i'm running it 24/7 for 10 straight days now. CAT already made more than 147 thousand API calls and completed 218 Ping-Pongs in 3 different market tabs. My RAM use never excedes 250MB and i can see in the logs that, in my opinion, CAT it's very stable and reliable for this kind of program.

Yes as you said
you have 3 different market tabs
thats like toys  Wink
I have purchased nearly all API's from Sampey and he never said that CAT is only a toy for kids for x markets and if you need x exchanges and xx markets you have to buy another software which is a more professionally tool.
I have 32 Gig of RAM, - CAT can have 8 Gig from me if it is running then stable for xx days...

PS:
over and over again notable:

if some serious criticism for CAT apears
there are always some Newbies like you

(last post on: June 21, 2014, 12:04:19 AM - 3 years ago *BG*)

that make positive support for CAT Wink Roll Eyes

Sampey tries to make good work, but because I have invested hundreds of pointless hours in CAT last years I know very much as a customer from the disadvantages of CAT and got many white hairs because of trouble and losing of money with this software too.

hope that CAT 7.0 will work as desirable Wink Smiley

harlan86

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 03:11:00 PM

User is able to understand what is good and what is not.

If you are a going to move responsibility to the user side, this is calling bad software design.
User didn't must be software developer, CS engineer or something else to use your program.

BTW, CAT is showing few times less RAM that actually used by JVM in the environment - 250 MB in CAT vs >1GB in task manager.
Is it reliable? For sure no. but again, for this issue for some reason user must be responsible because you think so.

No, you have an Option to slow the CAT fifo, it's fully configurable. Probably you don't know about this function.

The period for recall algo is nothing to the number of API calls. The number of open markets in single exchange much more important here.
And again - it's a 100% responsibility to count the number of API calls from CAT side to avoid IP block from the exchange.
User physically can't count these things, because of it much deeper inside CAT.
And it software developer could approximately count number of calls that need to do some algo and predict network load.
What you will say to the generic user who didn't know what is http, rest, json etc?
Go to CS university and learn all this stuff before ask to you? Grin

CAT handle all the errors

Not truth.

yes, the only difference is that i know every single line of code. You don't know nothing.
BUT you have the arrogance to talk about HOW my program works, what is able to do and what is not.
And i don't want to loose my time to find PM from customers who tells me that they run CAT for weeks without stops.

Thinking that your users an a idiots - not the best practice.
Ah, code. Even without knowledge of java, do you think it needs much time to use jd-gui or jad to have sources? Want to do a public code review?Wink

I don't tell anything arrogance about software. I didn't tell that it good or bad.

I show you problems, in hope that they will be fixed. But, unfortunately, I see you are too much confident in CAT.
You tell that it's 24/7, I showed you 1 example why it not - silent restart is not possible.
Without any arguments from your side, you still say that it 24/7. No sense to argue with you more.

And about your programm and how it work. Sorry, but it's a you tell that you sell a automatic bot.
You tell that you sell 24/7 program.
You tell that you sell program that can run on the 100 markets.

But where the modern algo for trading if it automatic bot?
Where is automatic silent recovery from crash without user invention if it 24/7?
Where is good UI, design of program that can effectivelly run on 100 markets?
All this things only in theory, not in practice.

I read all the comments in the thread and only couple of comments even tell success results.
But no comments that long run was able without problem. Long I mean weeks or more. Couple of people reported someting like a week. Not so confident result.
But no comments that 100+ markets run was able without problem.
Etc.

If the running one ping-pong order for a 1 week on 1 market it's a real goal of users - not a problem.
They got results with CAT. But I simply don't believe that anyone who needs specific work like 100 markets are really happy with CAT and its problems.

Now, if you have suggestions or error log to give me, i'm here.
Otherwise, discussion is close.

In PM I gave you log with error description. And instead of help I receive from you stupid (really, no sense and stupid) grep search that are totally not the place of the problem.
Sure I analyzed logs myself, found the problem and try to use CAT that will avoid coming to the problems. But it's a not a software side fix.
It's a like not a pressing 'that button', or application will crash again.

BTW, honestly, now, when I see some problem with application, UI, algo, etc, I just prefer to rearrange my work or app settings instead of asking your help and fix.
Think about it.

Sampey (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 03:11:51 PM

ewibit

- You partially collaborate : i ask you info, sometimes you give me that, sometimes not.
- You must understand that software could have bugs : sometimes you find bugs -> i fix that
- When a bugs occurs, that bug will occurs forever until the fix.

I wrote TONS of code lines to support your way to use CAT.
So it's very difficult to me to always read your criticism instead of your appreciation for my work and support.

And no, CAT is not a toy, but as any software there are limits created by the environment and by the software architecture.
I always tried to add ALL the users request/features. Consequences are that sofware computation increase.

There are always 2 ways :
- Say NO : i decide what to do, i decide if CAT must works in a way or another. Something like "If you like it ok, otherwise find another software"
OR
- Say YES : always read/considerate user suggestions, always try to add more features, always work on software structure.

I Choose the YES Road.
OK?
Sampey (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 03:15:15 PM

@harlan86 : thanks for your consideration.
If you have problems you can send me your error logs and i will look to fix it.
Same if you have suggestions.

harlan86

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 03:18:47 PM

Yes as you said
you have 3 different market tabs
thats like toys  Wink

You are absolutely right here.
When new users first time starting CAT, giving him 1k$ to the pumping market and receiving gain, CAT gives the faulty feel that it great forever in any case.
But in fact, when you need many markets, big stability, and long run - you start to see more and more issues from CAT side.

In another case, I just don't believe that anybody from customers will ever sell it on fast growing crypto market;)
ewibit
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 03:38:04 PM

newsworthy exemplary:

now trying local with
Code:
java -Xmx4096m -Xms256m  -jar CAT.jar&
CAT 5 beta2

because last input on VPS

CAT 4.9 official

last input was ~4 hours ago
(add ping request)
and nothing happens in GUI

(yes have reconnected, restarted Xpra etc.)

sometimes next day is is ok again, but the market where I wanted buy is far away in the meantime...
Sampey (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 03:41:41 PM

my response is always the same :

- Check For CATSystem folder : is there a non empty CAT_LOG file? If yes, send me that file.
- Check for CATSystem\<Exchange>\ExchangeLogs if there are BIG Files please send me that files.

This is the only way you can help me understand the problem.

BUT if problem (for example) is that exchange was not reachable for hours, you must consider that this is not a CAT problem : CAT have printed a lot of errors, but it was not crashing.

different situation is when there are Java Exception. These are things i need to check.

So please, collaborate.  Smiley
Ibisy

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 03:42:43 PM

if some serious criticism for CAT apears there are always some Newbies like you

I always find it amusing the fact that "lack of posts" means i'm a newbie and not someone that just interacts when necessary or uses a lot of PM. Using my post count for argumente sake is just sad.

ewibit
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 05:42:42 PM

my response is always the same :

- Check For CATSystem folder : is there a non empty CAT_LOG file? If yes, send me that file.
- Check for CATSystem\<Exchange>\ExchangeLogs if there are BIG Files please send me that files.

send you PM link

delete now logs because files are growing too big...
Pages: « 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 ... 273 »
  Print  

Jump to: