Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:17:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 [391] 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 ... 725 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Spondoolies-Tech - carrier grade, data center ready mining rigs  (Read 1260009 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
boscocoin

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 12:29:53 PM

Does anyone have the same problem as me with the new SP-30's?

Plugged mine in at the hosting space.

It now says 'The miner is not running or waiting for pool connection.'

Can anyone tell me what to do?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 12:34:02 PM

Have you entered your mining pool information?

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
boscocoin

Activity: 36

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 12:38:33 PM

Yes I have entered mininig pool information.
I ordered 3 machines. 1 machine always had a error so i've messaged spondoolie.
The other two machines were connected to slush pool and were running for a few hours until this message appeared. I've entered a backup pool information so if slush goes down it goes into the second one. But still it is not working.

Have any idea?

Spondoolies are on holiday I guess so they will get back to me after Monday i think.
bobsmoke

Activity: 314
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 01:20:57 PM

The other two machines were connected to slush pool and were running for a few hours until this message appeared. I've entered a backup pool information so if slush goes down it goes into the second one. But still it is not working.

Have any idea?

Spondoolies are on holiday I guess so they will get back to me after Monday i think.

+ Are you using DHCP or static IP?
+ make sure you allow the miner to communicate with the pool on the specified port e.g TCP 3333.
+ The miner also needs to be able to ping the DNS servers and reach them on UDP port 53.
Can you access the miner trough SSH? If yes you can do a tcpdump and determine what is happening ... e.g. tcpdump -nni eth0 -s0 (-nn for not resolving names and ports. -i for the interface . the -s0 do capture full ethernet payload).
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 01:52:13 PM

Have any idea?

Have you entered correct host information? Restarted MinerGate a few times? Tried different pools?

ukzerosniper

Activity: 43

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 02:49:17 PM

I've found that hash rates all come down to ambient temps.  During the warm part of September the unit seemed to be stuck at about 4445TH or so.
now that its cooler 23c front back and 72, 73 top bottom I'm seeing 4550 or so.

The lower ambient temp helps .. but the pool connection influencing CGMiner restarts is the biggest headache IMHO.
This >> http://powerprice.info/SPT/graphic.php << is what I get out of mine @ 5 min intervals.

How did you collect and present this data?  Do you have specific software or does a service for this exist?

Thanks
ukzerosniper

Activity: 43

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 02:54:05 PM

Does anyone know of any good software which can be used to monitor the stats of SP30 miners?

I have decided that pools sometimes just make up stats and would like an easier way to check the status of the miners than logging into each one individually.

Sometimes the pools will tell me that the miner is down to 1TH/s, when I log into the miner directly I see that it is running at 4.5TH/s.

Thanks guys.
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 03:08:41 PM

Does anyone know of any good software which can be used to monitor the stats of SP30 miners?

I have decided that pools sometimes just make up stats and would like an easier way to check the status of the miners than logging into each one individually.

Sometimes the pools will tell me that the miner is down to 1TH/s, when I log into the miner directly I see that it is running at 4.5TH/s.

Thanks guys.

Really what the pool says is more important than what the miner says. Because the pool is handing out the rewards. So what you really want is something that monitors the pool output.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
area3121

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 04:30:15 PM

any one what to sell there sp10  ,. sp30  ,. sp31 ,.?? pm me your price btc is going to $100 on december Cheesy
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 04:36:41 PM

Have any idea?

I have encountered this on several machines as well. Onlything That I have found works so far is a bunch of power cycles/factory resets, then they magically start working again,
wh00per

Activity: 571

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 05:17:53 PM
Last edit: October 04, 2014, 06:10:48 PM by wh00per

Thanks guys.

The pool estimates the worker hashrate based on the number of accepted and rejected shares above the minimum pool difficulty.
The miner reports it's hashrate, based on the hardware output.
CGMiner reports something else too, based on the connectivity to the hardware (via the drivers) and the pool.

Now, SP10-SP3x can be programmed to report most of their parameters at regular intervals, to something which is programmed to listen for their output.
The SP units have controllers running a modified version of minepeon. That is, they have a webserver (lighttpd) with PHP .. and being Linux boards, they have cron.

I wrote a miner php script to extract most of the info disregarding the pool settings in cgminer.  I am more interested in the machine stats, than the pool stats.
If the pool you're mining in does not find a block, you won't get paid anything anyway (true for most of the pools outthere, if not PPS).
The miner script posts the data via JSON format to another script hosted at 1and1, which logs it in a database. Then the "graphic.php" script charts it. By the way, the charts are zoomable Grin

Presently all the code is with a lot of hardcoded parameters .. I'm planning to adapt it to parametric queries and post it on github when ready (https://github.com/wh00per)

CSA/cUL Certified Power Distribution Panels - Basic, Switched, Metered. 1-3 phases. Up to 600V. NMC:N4F9qvHz11BHcc4nh1LCJFsrZhA1EWgVwj
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 05:51:51 PM

Thanks guys.

The pool estimates the worker hashrate based on the number of accepted and rejected shares above the minimum pool difficulty.
The miner reports it's hashrate, based on the hardware output.
CGMiner reports something else too, based on the connectivity to the hardware (via the drivers) and the pool.

Now, SP10-SP3x can be programmed to report most of their parameters at regular intervals, to something which is programmed to listen for their output.
The SP units have controllers running a modified version of minepeon. That is, they have a webserver (lighttpd) with PHP .. and being Linux boards, they have cron.

I wrote a miner php script to extract most of the info disregarding the pool settings in cgminer.  I am more interested in the machine stats, than the pool stats.
If the pool you're mining in does not find a block, you won't get paid anything anyway (true for most of the pools outthere, if not PPS).
The miner script posts the data via JSON format to another script hosted at 1and1, which logs it in a database. Then the "graphic.php" script charts it. By the way, the charts are zoomable Grin

Presently all the code is with a lot of hardcoded parameters .. I'm planning to adapt it to parametric queries and post it on github when ready.

Simple PHP scrypt IMO is the best way to go for a reasonable number of machines, but theres a number of "commercial" solutions that work pretty well, like CryptoGlance: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=569924.0 or AwesomeMiner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=676942.0
Master One

Activity: 238

Wanna buy a Tesla? Visit TeslaBargain.com first!

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 06:01:24 PM

High resolution SP20 pics: http://imgur.com/a/ltKAR
This is a beautiful and proper built miner!

Indeed, it's beautiful well built professional grade hardware, if only the price...

wh00per

Activity: 571

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 06:30:07 PM
Last edit: October 04, 2014, 06:52:32 PM by wh00per

Simple PHP scrypt IMO is the best way to go for a reasonable number of machines, but theres a number of "commercial" solutions that work pretty well, like CryptoGlance: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=569924.0 or AwesomeMiner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=676942.0

With the present SP 10/30/3x settings it's hard to collect rig information from outside the rig, especially if the unit is hosted. By deploying a small number of  PHP files on the rig itself and adding one line to cron, you make them report the data individually to a central repository where you can trigger alerts or chart the info you get from them.

The drawbacks of the tools you mentioned are that you need to install something on your _windows_ computer/machine, and you need API access to the mining application and/or pool your're working with. With API access to CGminer, and or default configuration you can drop/change pool registration and that's dangerous when multiple people have access to it. I like these aps, they look awesome, but they won't get data from a hosted SP30. Ideally, if SPT integrate these simple PHP scripts in their distribution (in a similar way they did with the miner registration), it won't matter if the unit is hosted or not and/or one should have access to all their miners data over the period of time they keep the data logger reporting. If SPT does not integrate them, one can do this themselves if they have SSH/FTP access in their machines.

The drawbacks of the PHP solution are mostly linked with the SPT willingness to integrate it into the mainstream code. I have a workaround for that (code everything in the /etc/RECORDLogs script, which is triggered by the cron script and is persistent after reboot. Another drawback is that you need a "php-mysql" server outthere for data logging but most of the data-centers will have one available anyway.  

(https://github.com/wh00per)

CSA/cUL Certified Power Distribution Panels - Basic, Switched, Metered. 1-3 phases. Up to 600V. NMC:N4F9qvHz11BHcc4nh1LCJFsrZhA1EWgVwj
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 08:06:50 PM

With the present SP 10/30/3x settings it's hard to collect rig information from outside the rig, especially if the unit is hosted. By deploying a small number of  PHP files on the rig itself and adding one line to cron, you make them report the data individually to a central repository where you can trigger alerts or chart the info you get from them.

The drawbacks of the tools you mentioned are that you need to install something on your _windows_ computer/machine, and you need API access to the mining application and/or pool your're working with. With API access to CGminer, and or default configuration you can drop/change pool registration and that's dangerous when multiple people have access to it. I like these aps, they look awesome, but they won't get data from a hosted SP30. Ideally, if SPT integrate these simple PHP scripts in their distribution (in a similar way they did with the miner registration), it won't matter if the unit is hosted or not and/or one should have access to all their miners data over the period of time they keep the data logger reporting. If SPT does not integrate them, one can do this themselves if they have SSH/FTP access in their machines.

The drawbacks of the PHP solution are mostly linked with the SPT willingness to integrate it into the mainstream code. I have a workaround for that (code everything in the /etc/RECORDLogs script, which is triggered by the cron script and is persistent after reboot. Another drawback is that you need a "php-mysql" server outthere for data logging but most of the data-centers will have one available anyway.  

(https://github.com/wh00per)

I am using a very simple series of php scripts hosted on a server within the DC, coupled with changing each SP30 API settings to alow for outside calls. Works well while I develop other tools. (Tested up to ~300 machines)
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 08:08:45 PM

Have any idea?

Remember this is Israel so Sunday is their "Monday".  Wink

And if you're in the U.S., then they're about a half day ahead of us. So they should be in the office Saturday night (U.S. Time).
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 11:38:01 PM

main point i asked how many bitcoins this machine SP35 that looks to have 6000 ghs can mine monthly......

Probably a lot less than it costs you

Mining is a dead game, you won't ROI with such pre-orders that take 2 months and difficulty rising the way it is.

Just bummed the price of bitcoin/USD is dropping by the day. Need to get hardware free to make money. Smiley

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
area3121

Activity: 139

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 11:45:32 PM

main point i asked how many bitcoins this machine SP35 that looks to have 6000 ghs can mine monthly......

Probably a lot less than it costs you

Mining is a dead game, you won't ROI with such pre-orders that take 2 months and difficulty rising the way it is.

Just bummed the price of bitcoin/USD is dropping by the day. Need to get hardware free to make money. Smiley

im looking for USED sp30 ..$300 per TH shoot me pm
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 12:07:11 AM

High resolution SP20 pics: http://imgur.com/a/ltKAR
This is a beautiful and proper built miner!

Indeed, it's beautiful well built professional grade hardware, if only the price...

I'm confused, if I visit tradeblocks mining speculation and plug in the numbers for the SP20, even if I enter the diff increase to a number 1 it still doesn't profit anything. Are people actually ordering these SP20's on the hope alone that BTC will rise or something? It is the weekend again, so I have to post one thing about extraordinary price gauging. At least I'm able to buy BTC while it is so cheap. And if all this "hope" is here, then maybe it will increase one day late next year.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 02:12:04 AM

they certainly enjoying plenty of 'holidays'.

ive been patiently expecting an invoice for the outstanding balance since the 25th of September...

Pages: « 1 ... 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 [391] 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 ... 725 »
  Print  

Jump to: