Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:41:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Boxing] Nonito Donaire vs Alejandro Santiago for WBC bantamweight (july15,2023  (Read 4344 times)
Shamm

Activity: 1078
Merit: 343

Hhampuz is the best manager

View Profile
June 23, 2023, 10:56:05 AM

I recently checked my favorite sports bookies and it seems that Donaire is the favorite and Santiago almost 3:1 underdog?

I thought it could be closer though, but I guess even at his age, Donaire can still fight and that's why they put him as a big favorite here.
There's no need to be surprised by that, as Alejandro Santiago is only ranked number 4 based on the stats that were shared earlier. It is expected that Donaire would easily win this fight. However, since there is no assurance that Donaire will emerge victorious, perhaps Santiago's fans might view it as an opportunity to potentially earn more money if the young Santiago manages to defeat the older Donaire.

We can not say that this is an easy win for donaire because he is a veteran, an older and a experienced fighter, Donaire has an age which is pretty sure that his movement  speed will effect. And about Young Santiago we can say that this is his time to shine which is he need to prove to  us that this is his Era, and we are all know that young Santiago is very strong fighter he has a good skill and technique so this is a good fight.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                             █
   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          █
            ▄▄████████▄▄     █
     ▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄   █
          █████▀▀  ▀▀█████▄  █
          █████      ██████  █
          █████▄▄  ▄▄█████▀  █
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████████▀   █
            ▀▀████████▀▀     █
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          █
█                             █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
|ROLLBOTS||
▄▄██████████████████████████▄▄
▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀
██████████████████████████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
████████▀▀▀  ▄▄▄  ████████
████████▀▀▀  ███  ████████
███████▀▀▀▀      ▄████████
██  ██████████████████  ██
▀▀  ██████████  ▀▀
▀▀  ██  ▀▀
NEW|
       RLB      
WHITEPAPER
RLB LOTTERY
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sanitough

Activity: 2828
Merit: 673

View Profile
June 23, 2023, 11:44:14 AM

I recently checked my favorite sports bookies and it seems that Donaire is the favorite and Santiago almost 3:1 underdog?

I thought it could be closer though, but I guess even at his age, Donaire can still fight and that's why they put him as a big favorite here.
There's no need to be surprised by that, as Alejandro Santiago is only ranked number 4 based on the stats that were shared earlier. It is expected that Donaire would easily win this fight. However, since there is no assurance that Donaire will emerge victorious, perhaps Santiago's fans might view it as an opportunity to potentially earn more money if the young Santiago manages to defeat the older Donaire.

We can not say that this is an easy win for donaire because he is a veteran, an older and a experienced fighter, Donaire has an age which is pretty sure that his movement  speed will effect. And about Young Santiago we can say that this is his time to shine which is he need to prove to  us that this is his Era, and we are all know that young Santiago is very strong fighter he has a good skill and technique so this is a good fight.
If Donaire loses, it will be a significant opportunity for Santiago to become a champion, while Donaire may consider retirement. On paper, it's easy to predict that Donaire would win easily, but we cannot guarantee that as upsets can occur in boxing, especially considering Donaire's age. He is not the same old Donaire who could last in long rounds; the reason is that he is getting older.

Most probably the strategy that Santiago will use is to be quick to score as he has better stamina than Donaire.
Yamifoud

Activity: 2730
Merit: 517

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 23, 2023, 01:13:43 PM
Merited by Ziskinberg (1)

Most probably the strategy that Santiago will use is to be quick to score as he has better stamina than Donaire.

He needs to be quick, maybe as quick as Rigo, as Donaire really struggled against Rigo because the latter is very slick. Bookies are not wrong with the betting odds they display. Of course, the public will favor Donaire, as he is the more popular boxer, while Santiago is just a rising boxer who would only become a superstar once he beats the popular Donaire.

If I were to bet, I would go for Donaire winning via KO in 6 rounds or less, or bet on Santiago to win the full fight via a judges' decision.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Botnake

Activity: 2856
Merit: 667

View Profile
June 23, 2023, 02:26:33 PM

He needs to be quick, maybe as quick as Rigo, as Donaire really struggled against Rigo because the latter is very slick. Bookies are not wrong with the betting odds they display. Of course, the public will favor Donaire, as he is the more popular boxer, while Santiago is just a rising boxer who would only become a superstar once he beats the popular Donaire.

If I were to bet, I would go for Donaire winning via KO in 6 rounds or less, or bet on Santiago to win the full fight via a judges' decision.
In my opinion, it is more probable that Donaire will win by KO in 6 rounds or less. I've seen some fight highlights of Santiago, and I'm not impressed with his wins. So even if the fight goes to the judges' scorecards, there's still a chance that Donaire will win. The only way Donaire will lose is if Santiago is able to wear him down, which is not easy to do if a boxer is not as fast as Inoue.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
June 23, 2023, 03:51:28 PM

In my opinion, it is more probable that Donaire will win by KO in 6 rounds or less. I've seen some fight highlights of Santiago, and I'm not impressed with his wins. So even if the fight goes to the judges' scorecards, there's still a chance that Donaire will win. The only way Donaire will lose is if Santiago is able to wear him down, which is not easy to do if a boxer is not as fast as Inoue.

And in my opinion, Donaire still has that capability with his timing and his strong hook that might combine with an open combination
of punches he can take down Santiago.

I also manage to watch Santiago's fights and I think the chance of upsetting Donaire is still slim, though we don't know and we can't conclude the
possible outcome, but if Santiago will continue using his style of fighting, his winning chance is not that high.

Donaire winning via KO in 6 rounds seems attractive and lots of fans will ride and risk for it.
Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
June 23, 2023, 05:25:06 PM

We can not say that this is an easy win for donaire because he is a veteran, an older and a experienced fighter, Donaire has an age which is pretty sure that his movement  speed will effect. And about Young Santiago we can say that this is his time to shine which is he need to prove to  us that this is his Era, and we are all know that young Santiago is very strong fighter he has a good skill and technique so this is a good fight.

Agreed. There's no room right now to underestimate this Alejandro Santiago because he is also building a name for himself in this industry and the fact that he accepted this challenge instead of waiting for Doanire to hang up his gloves means that he's somehow confident that he can do it, it might be a tough challenge but I know he can figure it out just fine, just like what Donaire would do to become a champion once again.

Japinat

Activity: 2968
Merit: 680

View Profile
June 23, 2023, 05:29:13 PM

And in my opinion, Donaire still has that capability with his timing and his strong hook that might combine with an open combination
of punches he can take down Santiago.

I also manage to watch Santiago's fights and I think the chance of upsetting Donaire is still slim, though we don't know and we can't conclude the
possible outcome, but if Santiago will continue using his style of fighting, his winning chance is not that high.

Donaire winning via KO in 6 rounds seems attractive and lots of fans will ride and risk for it.

Donaire chose Santiago specifically for some reasons, one of those reasons is he picked the latter because he knows that his chances to win the fight is more than decent because this Santiago haven't proved anything yet and sadly, sorry for the fans but I think he will become a stepping stone for Donaire just to get the belt as I don't think that defeating Donaire is that easy too because the only evident changes for Donaire is his speed but power is still the same.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 23, 2023, 07:08:40 PM

Agreed. There's no room right now to underestimate this Alejandro Santiago because he is also building a name for himself in this industry and the fact that he accepted this challenge instead of waiting for Doanire to hang up his gloves means that he's somehow confident that he can do it, it might be a tough challenge but I know he can figure it out just fine, just like what Donaire would do to become a champion once again.

The fact that he's willing to take this fight will somehow give him a lot of boosts.

If in case he upset Donaire, it will manifest a lot in his career, beating a legend will automatically create a hype for your
name and with how the fans continue supporting Donaire, that's a good motivation for Santiago to bring all the best
that he has, both sides will be anticipated to bring everything on the table. Donaire to reclaim the belt back while
Santiago to complete his quest and bring his name up.
inthelongrun

Activity: 1750
Merit: 594

The Martian Child

View Profile
June 23, 2023, 09:13:25 PM

I cannot remember the exact WBC rankings but I believe Santiago is ranked high since he got the chance to fight for the vacant belt? As far as I remember, #1 Moloney went the WBO route, #2 is Donaire, and #3 had a fight schedule last February which made him not available since the mandatory was issued that same month. I think it was Gaballo at #4 or #5. Santiago should be right there.

Santiago is #4, Nawaphon Sor. Rungvisai rank #2 and Gaballo rank #3 (which recently won a fight in Philippines if I remember reading it).

And Nawaphon Sor. Rungvisai vs Gaballo is also being ordered and most likely the winner will have to face the winner of Donaire vs Santiago.

Thanks for the heads up mate. So Santiago was in the top 5 in the WBC ranking. I believe this is the latest update since Moloney is not already on the list after winning the WBO belt. It was Nawaphon that has a schedule last February that made him unavailable.

Yes, Gaballo just won recently. I forgot why he was not the one fighting Donaire when he was ranked higher than Santiago. Maybe he was not available too as I was expecting him to have a good chance of fighting Moloney for the WBO although it failed after Astrolabio surprisingly chose the same route instead of the IBF who already issued a mandatory for Rodriguez-Astrolabio.

Anyways, Gaballo struggled in his last fight against a guy from a lower-weight class and was mostly inactive for many years. Not a good indication if he is serious about becoming a world champion. It's most likely that he will struggle against the Thai in the eliminator and if he wins he'll lose by KO again in the rematch against Donaire.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
harizen
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398

For support ➡️ help.bc.game

View Profile
June 23, 2023, 09:41:55 PM

I cannot remember the exact WBC rankings but I believe Santiago is ranked high since he got the chance to fight for the vacant belt? As far as I remember, #1 Moloney went the WBO route, #2 is Donaire, and #3 had a fight schedule last February which made him not available since the mandatory was issued that same month. I think it was Gaballo at #4 or #5. Santiago should be right there.

If I remember it right, and I believe I also posted it here, when this fight was approved last February or March (?), Santiago was currently ranked #6 (118 lbs) by the WBC and given the opportunity to be a contender for the vacant WBC Bantamweight title because ranked boxers above him do now have their respective tasks and scheduled fight.

But referring to the current WBC Rankings (which was updated last June 16), I can't find Santiago's name anymore, even at those other 2 major sanctioning organizations (WBO and WBA). Though he was currently on the IBF rankings, but almost at the bottom ranking.

I don't know what happened to Santiago's ranking status. Moving forward, an opportunity for a title match should be a big break in his career.

████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████
BC.GAME
▄▄░░░▄▀▀▄████████
▄▄▄
██████████████
█████░░▄▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄██████▄▄▄▄████
▄███▄█▄▄██████████▄████▄████
███████████████████████████▀███
▀████▄██▄██▄░░░░▄████████████
▀▀▀█████▄▄▄███████████▀██
███████████████████▀██
███████████████████▄██
▄███████████████████▄██
█████████████████████▀██
██████████████████████▄
..CASINO....SPORTS....LOTTERY..
█░░░░░░█░░░░░░█
▀███▀░░▀███▀░░▀███▀
▀░▀░░░░▀░▀░░░░▀░▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░█░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
░█░██░░███░░░█░██
░█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀

▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀███▄
██████████
▀███▄░▄██▀
▄▄████▄▄░▀█▀▄██▀▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀▀████▄▄██▀▄███▀▀███▄
███████▄▄▀▀████▄▄▀▀███████
▀███▄▄███▀░░░▀▀████▄▄▄███▀
▀▀████▀▀████████▀▀████▀▀
lionheart78
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1152

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2023, 11:19:13 PM

If I remember it right, and I believe I also posted it here, when this fight was approved last February or March (?), Santiago was currently ranked #6 (118 lbs) by the WBC and given the opportunity to be a contender for the vacant WBC Bantamweight title because ranked boxers above him do now have their respective tasks and scheduled fight.

But referring to the current WBC Rankings (which was updated last June 16), I can't find Santiago's name anymore, even at those other 2 major sanctioning organizations (WBO and WBA). Though he was currently on the IBF rankings, but almost at the bottom ranking.

Shouldn't a boxer get beaten in order for other boxer take his ranking?  Or is the ranking is based on point system?  If so then it is possible that those who outranked him had their fight and did a good win raking points surpassing on what Santiago has the reason why he was taken out of the ranking.  But still, I am confused about the fact that you stated being thrown out of top 10 ranking without being beaten by people below his rank.

I don't know what happened to Santiago's ranking status. Moving forward, an opportunity for a title match should be a big break in his career.

This is indeed an opportunity for Alejandro Santiago, to beat Donaire will put him on the map and even the possibility of being a hall famer. 

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
cryptomaniac_xxx

Activity: 1484
Merit: 564

View Profile
June 24, 2023, 09:51:31 AM

Number 1 vs number 4, the odds could be close as I have think though, in any case though, it's not going to be a sure win for Donaire here. Although he can dominate the fight is he pushes for it but this is a title fight so Santiago is going to train very hard as well and should also be looking for a upset win here.

For sure, it's going to be a big win for Santiago fans if he manages to defeat Donaire here. And if they bet on the underdog, then they are going to be happy cashing out as if they bet on Santiago regardless.

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
 PLAY NOW 
Oasisman

Activity: 2604
Merit: 549

Rollbit

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2023, 10:13:47 AM

Number 1 vs number 4, the odds could be close as I have think though, in any case though, it's not going to be a sure win for Donaire here. Although he can dominate the fight is he pushes for it but this is a title fight so Santiago is going to train very hard as well and should also be looking for a upset win here.

There's no such thing as sure win in this match for Donaire, in fact such word shouldn't be brought in this conversation in the first place because Santiago is a solid fighter who's young and hungry for a win. Donaire is past his prime and he's approaching 41 in November - so things will be a bit different for Donaire now. Anyone who dares to challenge him can always have the chance to bet him.
It should be wiser for Donaire to stay patient and control the fight as he have the reach advantage. He could still move swiftly though so this is going to be a good fight.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
freedomgo
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1144

View Profile
June 24, 2023, 10:33:15 AM

There's no such thing as sure win in this match for Donaire, in fact such word shouldn't be brought in this conversation in the first place because Santiago is a solid fighter who's young and hungry for a win. Donaire is past his prime and he's approaching 41 in November - so things will be a bit different for Donaire now. Anyone who dares to challenge him can always have the chance to bet him.
It should be wiser for Donaire to stay patient and control the fight as he have the reach advantage. He could still move swiftly though so this is going to be a good fight.

I definitely agree. Even a term like walk in the park in this fight is not that suitable as well because even if we say that Donaire still got a good edge against Santiago because of experience and other advantage, securing the fight via win is not guaranteed because the latter is also looking forward for the same thing and will surely not agree that he will be defeated without giving a good fight.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
Yamifoud

Activity: 2730
Merit: 517

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 24, 2023, 10:49:12 AM
Merited by mirakal (1)

I definitely agree. Even a term like walk in the park in this fight is not that suitable as well because even if we say that Donaire still got a good edge against Santiago because of experience and other advantage, securing the fight via win is not guaranteed because the latter is also looking forward for the same thing and will surely not agree that he will be defeated without giving a good fight.

Perhaps we have become accustomed to Donaire easily dominating his opponents, with the exception of Inoue, of course. So when facing a boxer like Santiago, who isn't a top contender, the crowd may not have high expectations that he will match up well against Donaire. In fact, the question now is how long Santiago will be able to last in the fight, in my opinion.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
inthelongrun

Activity: 1750
Merit: 594

The Martian Child

View Profile
June 24, 2023, 12:30:29 PM

Shouldn't a boxer get beaten in order for other boxer take his ranking?  Or is the ranking is based on point system?  If so then it is possible that those who outranked him had their fight and did a good win raking points surpassing on what Santiago has the reason why he was taken out of the ranking.  But still, I am confused about the fact that you stated being thrown out of top 10 ranking without being beaten by people below his rank.

This is indeed an opportunity for Alejandro Santiago, to beat Donaire will put him on the map and even the possibility of being a hall famer. 

As per the latest ranking by the WBC, Alejandro Santiago is ranked #4 mate. Maybe you mislook it or you did not recognize his other name. It's crazy and I do not agree with it but yeah, boxers can actually use another name or whatever their sponsors and handlers like them called which is also common in Thailand.

Regarding the ranking system, the 4 major sanctioning bodies, The Ring and TBRB have their own ways. So it is not an assurance to move up in ranks even if you beat the fighter above you. Most of them have their own ranking panels to decide their ranks. So the ranking will be discussed and is also open to corruption which is very common in the WBA and WBC as they can favor popular prospects or big names in order to get bigger sanctioning fees that are percentage based. I heard about the IBF having a points system although I believe they also have their own ranking panel for the finals results. Panels are open to corruption but more reliable since point systems like what Boxrec tried to do before made their rankings laughable and stupid.

WBC ranking: https://wbcboxing.com/en/bantamweight/

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
LUCKMCFLY
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1848

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2023, 07:04:19 PM

Agreed. The only reason why Donaire is still continuing his career here in boxing industry is he thinks that he can still have a good fight and defeat the younger guys at 118 but if the opposite will happen especially if he will be defeated without a doubt or worse, a KO/TKO. I think that will be an enough reason for him to believe that his time is already finished because he's not the same Donaire anymore and most probably, cannot become a champion again before he hangs up his gloves.

Also because his last fight was against a truly stronger one in the 118 and that is Naoya Inoue so he thinks he can still match with other boxers in that division. If some boxers in 118 will now put Donaire to another loss, that's the time maybe that he will consider retiring.

If happened that he still dominated Santiago here, it will give him think that he can still face young boxers despite his age. Maybe after he wins here, he will still have 1-2 fights and that's enough to make him fight in a unification match at the age of 42-43.

If Donaire loses and Santiago wins, there is no sense of continuing his boxing journey now and it's good to hang his gloves now. He cemented already his legacy as one of the well-known PH boxers who established a great boxing career.

Personally, I would like Nonito Donaire to be able to demonstrate that age is not an impediment to sport, on the contrary, that the more seniority and the more experience the better for every boxer and I believe that for every athlete, this It is something that will always be noticed, not only in boxing do you see these things, but also in soccer I have seen that the players always do whatever it takes to look fit and be in shape, so that new players do not surpass them or hurt them. gain in speed, that's what they always fear, but that's something that can go wrong, in boxers things look different.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
lionheart78
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1152

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2023, 09:36:02 PM

Personally, I would like Nonito Donaire to be able to demonstrate that age is not an impediment to sport, on the contrary, that the more seniority and the more experience the better for every boxer and I believe that for every athlete, this It is something that will always be noticed, not only in boxing do you see these things, but also in soccer I have seen that the players always do whatever it takes to look fit and be in shape, so that new players do not surpass them or hurt them. gain in speed, that's what they always fear, but that's something that can go wrong, in boxers things look different.

There is a reason why a boxer in his prime is often evaded by people who take so much care about their winning streak.  Prime boxer has the optimum output and performance to beat their opponent.  No matter how we think that older boxer has more experience, the younger boxer has their camp with experienced coaches and trainers that can guide them through out their carreer.  If the younger boxer is a good learner then the advantage of an old veteran can be nullified.

Although athletes can make themselves fit, older athletes cannot perform like their prime day since their ability might have deteriorated due to old age.  The one that most affected is reflex, speed. We have seen how Donaire slowed down in executing his counters when he fought Inoue and how his performance degraded in their rematch.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
TravelMug

Activity: 2632
Merit: 833

View Profile
June 25, 2023, 01:57:54 AM

Agreed. The only reason why Donaire is still continuing his career here in boxing industry is he thinks that he can still have a good fight and defeat the younger guys at 118 but if the opposite will happen especially if he will be defeated without a doubt or worse, a KO/TKO. I think that will be an enough reason for him to believe that his time is already finished because he's not the same Donaire anymore and most probably, cannot become a champion again before he hangs up his gloves.

Also because his last fight was against a truly stronger one in the 118 and that is Naoya Inoue so he thinks he can still match with other boxers in that division. If some boxers in 118 will now put Donaire to another loss, that's the time maybe that he will consider retiring.

If happened that he still dominated Santiago here, it will give him think that he can still face young boxers despite his age. Maybe after he wins here, he will still have 1-2 fights and that's enough to make him fight in a unification match at the age of 42-43.

If Donaire loses and Santiago wins, there is no sense of continuing his boxing journey now and it's good to hang his gloves now. He cemented already his legacy as one of the well-known PH boxers who established a great boxing career.

Of course, who wouldn't want Nonito to have another belt at his age and makes history, and we have seen elite boxers defying age as a factor and winning. George Foreman for example, become the oldest HW champion at age 45.

There could be a lot of factors, maybe it was genetics or discipline or the environment. But nevertheless we've witnessed Donaire knocking everyone out except Naoya Inoue. And he has maintain this weight for so long that maybe his body is used to it and that's why he has been in boxing for so long.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 25, 2023, 04:14:17 AM

There is a reason why a boxer in his prime is often evaded by people who take so much care about their winning streak.  Prime boxer has the optimum output and performance to beat their opponent.  No matter how we think that older boxer has more experience, the younger boxer has their camp with experienced coaches and trainers that can guide them through out their carreer.  If the younger boxer is a good learner then the advantage of an old veteran can be nullified.

Although athletes can make themselves fit, older athletes cannot perform like their prime day since their ability might have deteriorated due to old age.  The one that most affected is reflex, speed. We have seen how Donaire slowed down in executing his counters when he fought Inoue and how his performance degraded in their rematch.

I get your point, but we also need to consider that it was Inoue and the adjustment he did after that first fight
is really different. He knows that speed is his advantage, and he demonstrates that during the fight.

Donaire, on the other hand, can't do anything about that. Inoue is on his prime and both speed and strength
are accurately being executed.

Now, fighting with another young aspiring fighter, let see if how Donaire will try his best to reclaim the title
after Inoue vacated the belt.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: