Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:24:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 118 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Storj - Decentralized Storage  (Read 389681 times)
-Greed-

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Decentralized Jihad

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 07:01:28 PM

Thanks for your reply, Ryan. Can you please say something on marketing/promotion? Facebook/twitter compaign/new topic with exchanges list/etc. We really need this now.

mthompson362

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 07:04:30 PM

Thanks for your reply, Ryan. Can you please say something on marketing/promotion? Facebook/twitter compaign/new topic with exchanges list/etc. We really need this now.
We're working with a marketing group to promote Storj and have been in talks with publications such as yBitcoin but we are still considering our open options. SJCX has been added to Poloniex (poloniex.com/exchange/btc_sjcx) and Melotic (www.melotic.com/markets/sjcx-btc) but we expect more exchanges to add it soon.
l3mmy

Activity: 87

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 07:14:55 PM

There were about 1300 total donations made to the crowdsale many were repeat addresses.  These people will be the ones running the network untill a time comes that it is needed to release publicly to support the network.

Will Driveshare be distributed to participants based on the date of our crowdsale purchase?

I think that would be the fairest way of opening it up the guy that donated tenth in line should probably be given some preference over the guy that donated in the last ten minutes

Greed I am in my truck on my way home give me about 30 minutes and I will discuss social ander keying in depth typing in the phone is a pain.
J9901

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 08:06:34 PM

We're working with a marketing group to promote Storj and have been in talks with publications such as yBitcoin but we are still considering our open options. SJCX has been added to Poloniex (poloniex.com/exchange/btc_sjcx) and Melotic (www.melotic.com/markets/sjcx-btc) but we expect more exchanges to add it soon.

I dont think it would be wise to get SJCX in other exchanges at this time.at least not until the beta of Driveshare is released. Just my opinion. Polo & Melo are fine for the time being. We should wait...its already 75% complete.

**also L3mmy please check pm
williamj2543

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 08:11:36 PM

Too late for the crowsale. Is there any other way to get driveshare? I'd like to try it out.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
STORJX

Activity: 191
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 08:12:43 PM

I dont think it would be wise to get SJCX in other exchanges at this time.at least not until the beta of Driveshare is released. Just my opinion. Polo & Melo are fine for the time being. We should wait...its already 75% complete.

Nic/STORJX here

If some of the exchanges have contributed into the crowdsale there is no way for Storj to stop them from creating their own market.
l3mmy

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 08:16:55 PM

So as Matt stated we are listed on two exchanges already plus the Counterwallet DEX

Current 24 hour volume
Counterwallet ~.27 BTC
Polo ~ 3.15 BTC
Metolic .04 BTC

so around 3.45 BTC volume...I for one am ok with low volume the day after the sale ends.  This tells me that people are not dumping and people are not strictly pumping looking for a fast return.

The twitter account will continue to post updates and gain followers Follow it at twitter.com/storjproject
The facebook account is growing steadily with organic growth Follow it at facebook.com/storjproject
We have a subreddit reddit.com/r/storj

and of course the most activity is taking place over on storjtalk.org

As matt stated we have been working with a marketing group and will continue to do so.

If you have ideas for ways to improve the marketing/social aspect of this feel free to send me a direct message or post here or join a conversation on the forums.  I would be happy to work to implement any great ideas people may have.
STORJX

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 08:19:59 PM

Too late for the crowsale. Is there any other way to get driveshare? I'd like to try it out.

It wouldn't be fair to the crowdsale contributors if we were to allow anyone else apart from them into the early release of DriveShare.
Hope you understand.

You can have a look at Metadisk for the time being:

http://node1.metadisk.org
SnakePlisken

Activity: 71

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 08:48:57 PM

What is the difference between Storj and StorjX? I understand that StorjX is the coin that will be used with Storj, but if one wants to invest do you have to buy StorjX or is there away to invest in Storj as a whole?

mthompson362

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 08:54:46 PM

What is the difference between Storj and StorjX? I understand that StorjX is the coin that will be used with Storj, but if one wants to invest do you have to buy StorjX or is there away to invest in Storj as a whole?
Apart from the crowdsale which ended last night, you can buy Storjcoin X (SJCX) on a few exchanges like Poloniex. There is no way to buy into Storj as a whole (i.e. the team, product, or company) and we do not want people to think they are investing in Storj as a whole when buying SJCX.
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 09:12:27 PM

It wouldn't be fair to the crowdsale contributors if we were to allow anyone else apart from them into the early release of DriveShare.
Hope you understand.

Hi dev,

Just to understand correctly the access to the DriveShare would only be available to people that had their counterwallet "whitelisted" right? So it is tied to the wallet that purchased during the crowd sale?

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Relaxedsense

Activity: 809
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 09:32:05 PM

Hope you understand.

Hi dev,

Just to understand correctly the access to the DriveShare would only be available to people that had their counterwallet "whitelisted" right? So it is tied to the wallet that purchased during the crowd sale?
Evrybody bought there SJCX with counterwallet right?

So who does and who doesnt get to use Driveshare?

l3mmy

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 10:15:24 PM

Hope you understand.

Hi dev,

That is correct
mig5000

Activity: 324

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 11:12:42 PM

You guys should allow to whitelist custom non ipo buyers if they are able to keep a certain amount of Storjx.

Also why should a .2 BTC IPO buyer get the same benefit as a 1 BTC buyer ?
STORJX

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 11:27:45 PM

You guys should allow to whitelist custom non ipo buyers if they are able to keep a certain amount of Storjx.

Because to be fair we should go in order of contribution date not in order of contribution amount.
Storj will be a platform for anyone to be able to build on top of it through its API's, Storjcoin X is only a token that allows people or companies to pay for storage.
The "core" of the project is the platform not the coin.
mthompson362

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 11:31:11 PM

Also, in addition to what STORJX said, a 1 BTC contribution compared to .2 BTC would have given you five times as many SJCX. My point is that they're not really the same amount of benefits, the 1 BTC contribution gets a lot more.
STORJX

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 11:36:32 PM

The early release of DriveShare is ONLY for who contributed BTC to the crowdsale.

If you have bought SJCX on Counterwallet DEX (their own exchange) but have not contributed directly to the crowdsale in BTC you will not be entitled to the early release of DriveShare.

Who gets DriveShare early release: everyone who paid to the crowdsale address in BTC.

Hope this makes it clear.
williamj2543

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 12:59:03 AM

The early release of DriveShare is ONLY for who contributed BTC to the crowdsale.

If you have bought SJCX on Counterwallet DEX (their own exchange) but have not contributed directly to the crowdsale in BTC you will not be entitled to the early release of DriveShare.

Who gets DriveShare early release: everyone who paid to the crowdsale address in BTC.

Hope this makes it clear.
God dammit I missed the cloudsale. I would have given some money.

▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
mig5000

Activity: 324

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 01:43:49 AM
Last edit: August 20, 2014, 02:01:21 AM by mig5000

Would be nice to know when you are going to roll out everything. As I see it right now there is no reason to anyone to buy Storjx token for a while and w/o any buy pressure the token price is going to tank a lot for a while
MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 06:27:06 AM

Would be nice to know when you are going to roll out everything. As I see it right now there is no reason to anyone to buy Storjx token for a while and w/o any buy pressure the token price is going to tank a lot for a while

They plan to hold future crowd sale with the remaining STORJX they have left.

just like maidsafe it's all corporate greedy bastards taking the tiny bits from people.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 118 »
  Print  

Jump to: