Bitcoin Forum
July 13, 2024, 08:19:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 118 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Storj - Decentralized Storage  (Read 389699 times)
l3mmy

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 12:45:45 PM

I'm not complaining about Storj's team decision to grant early DriveShare access based on time of contribution, but I will say that it makes much more sense for top contributors to gain early access.

I hope the Storj team reconsiders this decision.

If they change the policy to grant Early Access to top contributors, great. If not, then okay no problem. Either way, actual DriveShare completion is my main concern..whether it be initially open to 10, 100, or 1000 people doesnt matter much as the number of testers will increase with time regardless. As long as that initial testing group can verify that it is in fact a working product.

So simply saying it makes more sense does not make that statement true.  I am more than happy to discuss this.  The benefit to donating more to the sale was receiving more sjcx. 

I beleive that the 10th person that donated on July 18th should have a priority over the 1,444 person that donated at 23:45:00 o august 18th.

The person 10th that donated took on more risk in my opinion...for one they gave after reading the terms and agreed to them.  They gave with less information available than the last person.  They also gave when bitcoin was $150 higher in value.  Not that that specifically makes a difference but it is something to think about.
J9901

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 01:19:49 PM

I'm not complaining about Storj's team decision to grant early DriveShare access based on time of contribution, but I will say that it makes much more sense for top contributors to gain early access.

I hope the Storj team reconsiders this decision.

If they change the policy to grant Early Access to top contributors, great. If not, then okay no problem. Either way, actual DriveShare completion is my main concern..whether it be initially open to 10, 100, or 1000 people doesnt matter much as the number of testers will increase with time regardless. As long as that initial testing group can verify that it is in fact a working product.

So simply saying it makes more sense does not make that statement true.  I am more than happy to discuss this.  The benefit to donating more to the sale was receiving more sjcx.  

I beleive that the 10th person that donated on July 18th should have a priority over the 1,444 person that donated at 23:45:00 o august 18th.

The person 10th that donated took on more risk in my opinion...for one they gave after reading the terms and agreed to them.  They gave with less information available than the last person.  They also gave when bitcoin was $150 higher in value.  Not that that specifically makes a difference but it is something to think about.

While I have counter arguments as to why the top contributors should have prioirty, I'm not going to bother as I've already mentioned it doesn't matter much to me either way. Not contributing to turn this thread into a 'This' versus 'That'. All i know is that at the end of the day, ALL crowdsale investors will get hands-on Driveshare use before the general public, and that everyone should be more concerned about completion of an actual working product more than anything at this time.
-Greed-

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Decentralized Jihad

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 02:36:03 PM

Damn this was so an exciting project. Greed and FUD will destroy cryptoworld! Say hello to banksters and wall street fuc#+ers  Cry So sad

Market manipulators are now all over this... people need to start taking action and stop listening to fud and do their own research.
What manipulators are you talking about? We are just discussing this project. Personally, I'm trying to understand these shady motherfuckers that change something every 10 minues. They are absolutely missmanaged and can't decide simple things however they should have done it as the crowdsale is complite.

mthompson362

Activity: 78

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 05:29:47 PM

Damn this was so an exciting project. Greed and FUD will destroy cryptoworld! Say hello to banksters and wall street fuc#+ers  Cry So sad

Market manipulators are now all over this... people need to start taking action and stop listening to fud and do their own research.
What manipulators are you talking about? We are just discussing this project. Personally, I'm trying to understand these shady motherfuckers that change something every 10 minues. They are absolutely missmanaged and can't decide simple things however they should have done it as the crowdsale is complite.
With all due respect to you, we have changed nothing at all. Our terms, plans, and team have been dead set from since before the crowdsale even started. While it may seem fair to you that larger investors gain access first, you can even see in this thread alone that people were mad when they thought larger investors would get first access. Regardless of what path we took in who got first access, we were bound to make people angry so we apologize to you and anybody else who feels betrayed or disgusted - but in all honesty, this information as been freely available since the beginning and none of it has changed.

i personally dont like who altcoins have become 'companies' now.

that makes these all unlicensed security sales.
We are only a company in the sense that we make open source software and applications to use. Our crowdsale and SJCX have nothing to do with securities. As per our terms, SJCX and contributing to the crowdsale does not give anybody a share of ownership or stock in Storj.
-Greed-

Decentralized Jihad

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 06:32:54 PM

With all due respect to you, we have changed nothing at all. Our terms, plans, and team have been dead set from since before the crowdsale even started.
That's probably because of my english. By "change every ten minutes" I meant misleading information from different devs/volunteers [no need for apologizes].

Our terms, plans, and team have been dead set from since before the crowdsale even started.
As well as development (no commits for 2 weeks or so for most libraries; the rest are minor fixes).

While it may seem fair to you that larger investors gain access first, you can even see in this thread alone that people were mad when they thought larger investors would get first access.
If you had read my posts you would knew that I was strictly against "rich getting richer". I'm standing for getting access for everyone at the same time. Doesn't matter how much someone "invested" and who was earlier.

Btw, I'm still holding and can't wait the day when retarded devs (that's fair to call them so IMO; still no beta, no marketing, no feedback from devs - nothing) release beta version so I could 'mine' & dump this shit with some profit (sorry for my language).

l3mmy

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 06:46:09 PM

With all due respect to you, we have changed nothing at all. Our terms, plans, and team have been dead set from since before the crowdsale even started.
That's probably because of my english. By "change every ten minutes" I meant misleading information from different devs/volunteers [no need for apologizes].

Our terms, plans, and team have been dead set from since before the crowdsale even started.
As well as development (no commits for 2 weeks or so for most libraries; the rest are minor fixes).

While it may seem fair to you that larger investors gain access first, you can even see in this thread alone that people were mad when they thought larger investors would get first access.
If you had read my posts you would knew that I was strictly against "rich getting richer". I'm standing for getting access for everyone at the same time. Doesn't matter how much someone "invested" and who was earlier.

Btw, I'm still holding and can't wait the day when retarded devs (that's fair to call them so IMO; still no beta, no marketing, no feedback from devs - nothing) release beta version so I could 'mine' & dump this shit with some profit (sorry for my language).

You have mentioned marketing a few times now?  So what you would like is to hype the coin to inflate it so everyone can dump it?
-Greed-

Decentralized Jihad

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 07:13:00 PM

You have mentioned marketing a few times now?
Yes, first of all I'm not satisfied by the absence of marketing. And this is absolutely nessesary thing to make coin hot, you know.

So what you would like is to hype the coin to inflate it so everyone can dump it?
I'd like to get profit dumping it and everyone else would like to because he or she "invested" own money to get some ROI.

profitofthegods

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 07:18:17 PM

-Greed- your FUD is weak, people have stopped selling me cheap coins. Please try harder.
Chris001

Activity: 448

electroneum.com

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 07:18:46 PM

I cant believe how short sighted people are. The devs and actors of this coin are top notch, the idea is top notch, and I just picked some up cheap as hell

LOL is all I can say.

This coin has a very bright future. Great job guys!!!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=186785
Here is the link to my trust settings here on forum. This trust system is very unfair. I make good on every deal Ive ever made. I had many, many deals as you can see and I never scammed anyone. All it takes is a random account to give you negative trust and youre screwed. Tomatocage has never even talked to me ever but when the random acct hit me with negative trust, Tomatocage came right behind him and marked neg trust again so obviously he was the one who did it. You can look at Tomatocage trust and see how many of his compeditors at the currency exchange thread he labeled scammers. I never scammed anyone. My trust was green over 20 before this. I hope it never happens to you because the mods cant help you.
-Greed-

Decentralized Jihad

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 07:31:18 PM

-Greed- your FUD is weak, people have stopped selling me cheap coins. Please try harder.
Why don't you buy all these "cheap coins"? There are orders lower crowdsale price you can fill them right now.

I cant believe how short sighted people are. The devs and actors of this coin are top notch, the idea is top notch, and I just picked some up cheap as hell

LOL is all I can say.

This coin has a very bright future. Great job guys!!!
Lol'ed. Yes-yes, buy more, please. Grin

TiberiuC

Activity: 311

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:06:17 AM

How does the counterwallet exchage work? Tried to sell some storj there but transactions were pending for hours, full sell order appeared after a few hours and now some of it is pending again. I can't even cancel the order.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:14:17 AM

How does the counterwallet exchage work? Tried to sell some storj there but transactions were pending for hours, full sell order appeared after a few hours and now some of it is pending again. I can't even cancel the order.

You can cancel it, but you need a little btc in your account to do so. And a little btc to move it off the wallet... basically need some btc dust in there to do anything at all.
mthompson362

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 04:16:02 AM

You can cancel it, but you need a little btc in your account to do so. And a little btc to move it off the wallet... basically need some btc dust in there to do anything at all.
Yeah, sadly Counterwallet isn't very kind when it comes to fees. If you want to trade, you might be happier with Poloniex - more liquidity as well.
williamj2543

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 04:34:37 AM

Umm is it just me or does anyone else not give a sh*t about the coin, they want to actually use the service.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MemoryShock

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:54:26 AM

Umm is it just me or does anyone else not give a sh*t about the coin, they want to actually use the service.

Looking forward to the service indeed...

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
mthompson362

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 08:51:02 AM

Hey everybody, our post crowdsale release went out not too long ago. Here's a link: ow.ly/AyoHS
J9901

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 09:46:44 AM

Just noticed there is actually another STORJ ANN : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=702602.0

It seems that this ANN is for the software, and the other is specifically for the coin SJCX. I personally don't see a need for 2 separate ANNs especially considering one is for Software posted in an Altcoin Announcement subforum.

This is only going to cause split-discussions and the same questions being asked over and over again. I suggest we stick to only one thread to consolidate current and future Storj-related discussions on Bitcointalk.
mig5000

Activity: 324

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 11:05:02 AM

WOW WTF.... You kept 75M StorjX despite only selling 36M in crowdsale so the premine is effectively 80% ?

36M crowdsale
75M dev fund
75M com fund

That's FAR FROM 15%. You have to scale this down. Makes no sense to print 2 Billion coin and only sell 20M and still keep 15% of the original amount as dev funds. Are you guys shitting us ?
l3mmy

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 11:06:17 AM

WOW WTF.... You kept 75M StorjX despite only selling 36M in crowdsale so the premine is effectively 80% ?

36M crowdsale
75M dev fund
75M com fund

That's FAR FROM 15%. You have to scale this down. Makes no sense to print 2 Billion coin and only sell 20M and still keep 15% of the original amount as dev funds. Are you guys shitting us ?

The remaining coins have not been generated and many discussions are happening how to fairly distribute that is acceptable.
mig5000

Activity: 324

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 11:11:17 AM

36M crowdsale
75M dev fund
75M com fund

The remaining coins have not been generated and many discussions are happening how to fairly distribute that is acceptable.

15% is not 80% all they are gonna do is dilute crowsale buyers even more. 15% isn't 80%. If they want to get sued they are on a GREAT start.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 118 »
  Print  

Jump to: