Bitcoin Forum
July 09, 2024, 03:48:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 [524] 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 ... 634 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (WC) | WhiteCoin | BIG NEWS: Foundation, investors & more ☯ whitecoin.info  (Read 759188 times)
rocketcoins

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 10:12:19 PM

If that coin with the Devil Pitch Fork (a.k.a symbol of a "fork" brings back bad crypto memories) wins for WC, I am dumping all my coins. I do not want to be associated with a coin that is evil. This is why I dumped DRK and CINNI lol.

symbolism is certainly something that should not be taken lightly,
if a significant part of customer base perceives symbol in a negative way
it shoul not be used, goal is to appeal to the widest possible customer base and alienating a big portion of it is just a poor business choice

for example occult, or evil, like already mentioned pichfork - even though which educated people know originated in greek mytholigy - poseidon's trident, but later became associated with devil
another example would be symbolism associated with nazi germany, swastika-like, like hard black/white crossings

TRIDENT: Called "the devil's pitchfork," it has symbolized major gods in various pagan cultures. In India, it is linked to the Hindu "trident-bearer" Shiva, spouse of the skull-bearing goddess Kali.  More recently, this three-sponged spear has been used by Hindu militants in India to intimidate Christians. See article: "India Local Government OK's 'Anti-Christian' Weapons Distribution"

This is a very valid point that was missed in round one of voting. 

Thanks for bringing it up.

the trident is associated with Poseidon, the god of the sea in Greek mythology, the Roman god Neptune, and Shiva, a Hindu God who holds a trident in his hand. In Greek myth, Poseidon used his trident to create water sources in Greece and the horse. Poseidon, as well as being god of the sea, was also known as the "Earth Shaker" because when he struck the earth in anger he caused mighty earthquakes and he used his trident to stir up tidal waves, tsunamis and sea storms. In Roman myth, Neptune also used a trident to create new bodies of water and cause earthquakes.

In religious Taoism, the trident represents the Taoist Trinity, the Three Pure Ones. In Taoist rituals, a trident bell is used to invite the presence of deities and summon spirits, as the trident signifies the highest authority of Heaven.
source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trident

i see it as Poseidon's spear.
surfguy72

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 10:27:46 PM

If that coin with the Devil Pitch Fork (a.k.a symbol of a "fork" brings back bad crypto memories) wins for WC, I am dumping all my coins. I do not want to be associated with a coin that is evil. This is why I dumped DRK and CINNI lol.

it shoul not be used, goal is to appeal to the widest possible customer base and alienating a big portion of it is just a poor business choice

for example occult, or evil, like already mentioned pichfork - even though which educated people know originated in greek mytholigy - poseidon's trident, but later became associated with devil
another example would be symbolism associated with nazi germany, swastika-like, like hard black/white crossings

TRIDENT: Called "the devil's pitchfork," it has symbolized major gods in various pagan cultures. In India, it is linked to the Hindu "trident-bearer" Shiva, spouse of the skull-bearing goddess Kali.  More recently, this three-sponged spear has been used by Hindu militants in India to intimidate Christians. See article: "India Local Government OK's 'Anti-Christian' Weapons Distribution"

This is a very valid point that was missed in round one of voting. 

Thanks for bringing it up.

the trident is associated with Poseidon, the god of the sea in Greek mythology, the Roman god Neptune, and Shiva, a Hindu God who holds a trident in his hand. In Greek myth, Poseidon used his trident to create water sources in Greece and the horse. Poseidon, as well as being god of the sea, was also known as the "Earth Shaker" because when he struck the earth in anger he caused mighty earthquakes and he used his trident to stir up tidal waves, tsunamis and sea storms. In Roman myth, Neptune also used a trident to create new bodies of water and cause earthquakes.

In religious Taoism, the trident represents the Taoist Trinity, the Three Pure Ones. In Taoist rituals, a trident bell is used to invite the presence of deities and summon spirits, as the trident signifies the highest authority of Heaven.
source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trident

i see it as Poseidon's spear.

The creator of the logo said his inspriation came from the Cyrillic letter "Sha"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sha

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
birddog

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 12:19:21 AM

Ok, I'm going to have to interject here. First of all, if you don't like the logo, you don't have to vote for it. I want to see a logo that is chosen by the majority because it is genuinely liked by the community. But associating the logo with Nazi Germany is taking things way too far. I'm afraid this is just another example of Godwin's Law http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

The inspiration of the logo came from the Cyrillic letter Sha which is used in mathematics to represent the Sha function, this symbol being a ш has the close resemblance to the letter "W" which is the first letter of Whitecoin. This symbol also gives us the distinct opportunity to use ш as a currency symbol to represent Whitecoin.

Yes, the symbol also looks similar to Poseidon's trident http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trident which as far as I know, has no relation to "evil" or "Nazis".

The trident has been used in many successful and long lasting companies such as the luxury car company Maserati, the cutlery company Wosthof, the Sea Shepard Conservation Society and countless other examples without having any ill-effect or correlations to any of the aforementioned symbolisms.
surfguy72

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 12:41:57 AM

WhiteCoin Logo Contest Final Voting Round Rules

Welcome to the Final Round of the WhiteCoin logo voting contest.

We have narrowed the field to 4 very worthy competitors, now we as a community will decided the basis of our brand going forward.

Voting Rules:

1. 1 WC = 1 VOTE
2. Users may vote as many times as they wish.
3. All votes are considered donations to the WhiteCoin Foundation and are therefore non refundable.
4. Any individual exceeding 25% of the total votes cast at the end of the competition risks having a portion or all of their votes disqualified.

Example: If at the end of voting we have 300K WC votes cast, and one person voted 100K WC in order to effectively single handedly decide the vote, we will react accordingly if those votes seem to go against the desires of the community.

If using this rule becomes necessary, our decision will be published, and prior to that vetted among community members.

5. All votes must be received and confirmed by the exact end of the countdown timer.

We have decided on these rules to ensure the fairness and security of this poll. All proceeds from this contest will be donated to the WhiteCoin Foundation for use in further development and promotion of WhiteCoin.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
surfguy72

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 12:57:29 AM

Voting Rules:

1. 1 WC = 1 VOTE
2. Users may vote as many times as they wish.
3. All votes are considered donations to the WhiteCoin Foundation and are therefore non refundable.
4. Any individual exceeding 25% of the total votes cast at the end of the competition risks having a portion or all of their votes disqualified.

Example: If at the end of voting we have 300K WC votes cast, and one person voted 100K WC in order to effectively single handedly decide the vote, we will react accordingly if those votes seem to go against the desires of the community.

If using this rule becomes necessary, our decision will be published, and prior to that vetted among community members.

5. All votes must be received and confirmed by the exact end of the countdown timer.

We have decided on these rules to ensure the fairness and security of this poll. All proceeds from this contest will be donated to the WhiteCoin Foundation for use in further development and promotion of WhiteCoin.

so not really a voting but a fundraiser?
there's nothing to prevent abuse and vote padding
no ip locks, no 1 person=1vote, no btctalk account at least 3 months old, etc
25% vote limit can be easily bypassed by sending in batches from different wallets

Its both.
Those are the mechanisms in place to ensure a fair voting landscape.  The manipulator would have to keep the vote close, keep the 20+ of the volunteers from scrutinizing the data, we want to include everyone interested, so 3 month or older no post accounts or noobs alike could vote. The block chain shows a lot, but you betcha if the community feels off on the result, well do something fair.  There's plenty of ways to go about it, this seems logical to me.
IMHO

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
WhiteNotWright

Activity: 196

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 01:06:05 AM

I didn't wish my comment to come off in such a way that would cause your origination of the idea to be invalid because of my or any others perception. You should be able to express your idea of the coin in such a way as to illustrate your love of the idea. As with the other comments posted here, it's just the general perception of the symbol that will show the coin in a different light. I suppose however the same could be said about clowns, but I think deep down you understand the thinking and do not mean to show disrespect. You appear to be a good artist with technical perspective. I felt my comment was worth posting, so I did and voted for another coin because of that perception. Perhaps a tweak to that letter would remove that perception, but would take away your inspiration. This will be a difficult decision, but trust me when I say crypto has had enough negative. Maybe butterflies and rainbows, I don't know. Again, not disrespect. I have a ton invested here, but I should be one vote - regardless of my investment. The idea is to attract everyone away from other coins in the most positive way, without fear, uncertainty and devil.

"Give me fuel, give me FIBRE, give me that which I desire."
https://twitter.com/whitenotwright
surfguy72

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 01:14:11 AM

Its both.
Those are the mechanisms in place to ensure a fair voting landscape.  The manipulator would have to keep the vote close, keep the 20+ of the volunteers from scrutinizing the data, we want to include everyone interested, so 3 month or older no post accounts or noobs alike could vote. The block chain shows a lot, but you betcha if the community feels off on the result, well do something fair.  There's plenty of ways to go about it, this seems logical to me.
IMHO

how can you trace something like this?:

1. create 10 accounts on exchange
2. send BTC to those accounts
3. buy WC
4. send WC to voting address
5. in case you had access to ip logs from exchange,
add step 0. use different proxy/vpn/etc for each acc

Can't trace it.  But could stake up the dates and see what % of votes came from how old of first deposit addresses.  So if 30% of the vote came from addresses just created, for an unpopular coin that causes the community not to feel right.  I'd say we may ask to validate addresses possibility.  If it came to that lol

If the logo is truly unpopular and volunteers and community feel off,well react.  These are the rules set that made sense and didn't expend too much resources for a annon bona fide voting system.  Now that would be a great coin feature

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 01:15:00 AM

Its both.
Those are the mechanisms in place to ensure a fair voting landscape.  The manipulator would have to keep the vote close, keep the 20+ of the volunteers from scrutinizing the data, we want to include everyone interested, so 3 month or older no post accounts or noobs alike could vote. The block chain shows a lot, but you betcha if the community feels off on the result, well do something fair.  There's plenty of ways to go about it, this seems logical to me.
IMHO

3. buy WC
Its both.
Those are the mechanisms in place to ensure a fair voting landscape.  The manipulator would have to keep the vote close, keep the 20+ of the volunteers from scrutinizing the data, we want to include everyone interested, so 3 month or older no post accounts or noobs alike could vote. The block chain shows a lot, but you betcha if the community feels off on the result, well do something fair.  There's plenty of ways to go about it, this seems logical to me.
IMHO

3. buy WC

An even quicker way would be to pay others traders in btc to buy and send WC to the voting coin wallet. Kind of a bittersweet deal. Good for WC volume, but bad ethics.

surfguy72

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 01:22:52 AM

Its both.
IMHO

3. buy WC
Its both.
IMHO

3. buy WC

An even quicker way would be to pay others traders in btc to buy and send WC to the voting coin wallet. Kind of a bittersweet deal. Good for WC volume, but bad ethics.

Oh yeah! PM this guy!

Jk

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
surfguy72

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 01:24:16 AM

If we can perfect a voting system though, that'd be a first.  There will be plenty more items to get community vote/consensus and that'd really put us ahead of the pack

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 01:28:24 AM

If we can perfect a voting system though, that'd be a first.  There will be plenty more items to get community vote/consensus and that'd really put us ahead of the pack

Maybe this coin could have that as it's mantra? The ability to guarantee vote. I could see a large customer base for this capability.
Someone ask the Dev person to get this implemented ASAP. I need another Moon trip Wink

surfguy72

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 01:37:44 AM

If we can perfect a voting system though, that'd be a first.  There will be plenty more items to get community vote/consensus and that'd really put us ahead of the pack

Maybe this coin could have that as it's mantra? The ability to guarantee vote. I could see a large customer base for this capability.
Someone ask the Dev person to get this implemented ASAP. I need another Moon trip Wink

current useless hype word of the month is "anon" and its exploited to death by whales running cascading pnd fraud

Yeah annon voting would be revolutionary.  Currently it always takes some trust factor via a central node (or gov't)

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
mediogreFIN

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 03:05:14 AM

FIMK actually has anonymous voting system integrated in sourcecode. But this crypto is in IPO-stage so you'd have to wait a month to use it Roll Eyes

One of the first things i do with FIMK is testing that voting system.

Btw: Bought some cheap WC.
surfguy72

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 02:45:25 PM

FIMK actually has anonymous voting system integrated in sourcecode. But this crypto is in IPO-stage so you'd have to wait a month to use it Roll Eyes

That FIMK looks interesting.  Been buying a trickle of cheap WC too. 

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
mogonzo

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 03:21:55 PM

Hey WhiteCoiners!

A question for the community. I have a friend willing to help me shoot some up close and personal videos so we could have someone talking about WhiteCoin in plain language for people. Is this something that would interest the community?

I was thinking I could either do a "walk and talk" video through downtown, or maybe something more casual of me sitting in the living room or out at the cottage.

What do you think?

President - The WhiteCoin Foundation | contact: chris@whitecoin.info
Ownski

Activity: 180

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 03:54:40 PM

I also have been slowly buying and mining WC. Eventually the supply will start drying out and you know what that means. Wink

Money is the oldest magic trick in the book.
piotrek

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 04:37:21 PM

I also have been slowly buying and mining WC. Eventually the supply will start drying out and you know what that means. Wink

It dried, but people still expect the price around 100sat.

My WC tip tank: Wh5S4yYXXNet3oWqcDCV3KuBSGpCHnqP
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 05:09:47 PM

Hey WhiteCoiners!

A question for the community. I have a friend willing to help me shoot some up close and personal videos so we could have someone talking about WhiteCoin in plain language for people. Is this something that would interest the community?

I was thinking I could either do a "walk and talk" video through downtown, or maybe something more casual of me sitting in the living room or out at the cottage.

What do you think?

Get some hot model in a thong to do it, we'll get some youtube hits then.

surfguy72

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 05:22:01 PM

Hey WhiteCoiners!

What do you think?

I'm for it!  Grin

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
surfguy72

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 09:12:49 PM

Hey WhiteCoiners!

What do you think?

Get some hot model in a thong to do it, we'll get some youtube hits then.

platinum blonde in white bikinis Grin

Or cute animals  Cheesy

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
Pages: « 1 ... 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 [524] 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 ... 634 »
  Print  

Jump to: