Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:13:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 160 »
  Print  
Author Topic: New Official AMT Thread  (Read 149437 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
AMT_miners (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 04:09:54 AM

Guys, still waiting on legal, we got a "first thing in the morning" at 6pm today. Sincere apologies.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 2603

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 04:47:21 AM

Okey dokely.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 3NtFuzyWREGoDHWeMczeJzxFZpiLAFJXYr
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
mrpark

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:33:24 PM

I am hopping the offer is better than a 1.2Th/s for our $6,000. That solution is not economically viable at this time.

BTC: 1JDjCGtxtxoZ46XgTqUoXBDxNFKwcsEmik
opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:56:28 PM

I am hopping the offer is better than a 1.2Th/s for our $6,000. That solution is not economically viable at this time.

Right, with the long wait and price paid, the competition already is way ahead by a gigantic margin and we are left behind if these are/were our only purchases. Still its alot of money we burned through. With the amounts paid for 2x 1.2ths miners one can get an SP30 from spondoolies that hashes at 5.4Ths. that's more than 4x the hashing power I would be getting from AMT. Plus they offer a free month of hosting prior to shipping as an option.

Alternately one could get bitmaintech's S2 Antminer at 2599 for 1ths (2199 with $400 coupon if you bought from them before). So 2Ths at 5198 vs 5599 for 1.2Ths with an already better efficiency per GHs/watt all things considered (seeing as the current AMT miners require at least 1600Watts to run.

There are other vendors but IMO those would be the two most noteworthy from a price point. From a money perspective we pretty much got screwed in a big way if all we get is the 1.2Ths per miner we paid for (assuming 1.2Ths is what was bought).

Makes sense why so many people would want refunds....even IF we got what we paid for we lose anyway. If they throw in more hardware to make up for the loss, then it will help close that gigantic gap and restore some customer confidence.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 02:04:44 PM

Right, with the long wait and price paid, the competition already is way ahead by a gigantic margin and we are left behind if these are/were our only purchases. Still its alot of money we burned through. With the amounts paid for 2x 1.2ths miners one can get an SP30 from spondoolies that hashes at 5.4Ths. that's more than 4x the hashing power I would be getting from AMT. Plus they offer a free month of hosting prior to shipping as an option.

Alternately one could get bitmaintech's S2 Antminer at 2599 for 1ths (2199 with $400 coupon if you bought from them before). So 2Ths at 5198 vs 5599 for 1.2Ths with an already better efficiency per GHs/watt all things considered (seeing as the current AMT miners require at least 1600Watts to run.

There are other vendors but IMO those would be the two most noteworthy from a price point. From a money perspective we pretty much got screwed in a big way if all we get is the 1.2Ths per miner we paid for (assuming 1.2Ths is what was bought).

Makes sense why so many people would want refunds....even IF we got what we paid for we lose anyway. If they throw in more hardware to make up for the loss, then it will help close that gigantic gap and restore some customer confidence.

Spondoolies SP10  -  1.4THs  -  $3,495 (One month delivery)
Antminer S2          -  1   THs -  $2,599 (Pre-order, May 8th Delivery)
Cointerra IV           - 1.6 THs -  $3,500 (In Stock, Immediate delivery)

Okay,  so what again is AMT promising for the $6,000 we've paid for?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
opieum2

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 02:25:42 PM

Antminer S2          -  1   THs -  $2,599 (Pre-order, May 8th Delivery)
Cointerra IV           - 1.6 THs -  $3,500 (In Stock, Immediate delivery)

We still waiting on that. They were told "first thing in the morning". All said and done its a process the lawyers are working through. The lawyers need to decide if we are getting due compensation. And hopefully the class lawyers understand bitcoin mining well enough to understand the ROI and comp issues. If they read the MPP they should get a decent idea and force some kind of compensation over the 1.2Ths. if not collectively speaking we can reject the offer and make sure we get an appropriate and fair offer instead. We all want what is fair we waited a long time some longer than others but all with the promise of the MPP. That and faulty hardware and all sorts of other complications people went through its important that they reestablish their credibility as a business by making this right in every way possible.

eightcylinders

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 02:27:10 PM

Not to be too technical, but:

- from reviews the real numbers are better 1.6 Th/s @ 1w/Gh or 1.4 Th/s @ .7w/Gh.
- SP10s May second batch are IN STOCK (I just got shipping notice today for delivery next week).
- SP10 price for in stock May second batch is down to $3,200 with free shipping in GB

In a previous incarnation of the SP10 GB, in volume of 1000 as I recall the price for the SP10 would drop to $3,000.

So, to AMT, if you are spending anywhere near $3,000/unit on your solution (to merely squeak by at 1 Gh/s at the horrible 1.5w/Gh which the A1 chips seem to require) ... then IT IS NOT WORTH THE COST.  Just negotiate a deal with Spondoolie I am sure they would be happy to bail you out with cheap SP10 pricing given that your volume would be >> 1000 units and they can delivery in days or weeks at most.

EDIT:

And to be clear, I would trade my $6000 AMT 1.2 Th/s miner order, even including full MPP rights which seems very unlikely, for a $3,000 SP10 with May delivery in a heartbeat.  Unfortunately the Coincraft chips just seems to suck no matter who tries to make them work.  So getting a long-term viable chipset would be worth the trade easily.

My BTC Addres: 1PMEJCY6ofqmnAdYbdQqToZ7MNSAz35w7v
=>Buy the world's first hardware wallet.   Safer than paper and easier to use than smartphones.  If you use Bitcoin you need this: Buy Trezor!!
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 02:33:57 PM

Unfortunately the Coincraft chips just seems to suck no matter who tries to make them work. 

That is interesting.  So are you saying that even the Technobit and Dragon systems suck?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
eightcylinders

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 03:01:11 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2014, 03:26:20 PM by eightcylinders

Unfortunately the Coincraft chips just seems to suck no matter who tries to make them work.  

That is interesting.  So are you saying that even the Technobit and Dragon systems suck?

From the perspectives of watts per Gh/s, and cost per Gh/s, yes, but that is not a comment on Technobit who I respect a lot.  You can get A1 chips down to 1 watt per Gh/s (I have the Lightning Asic, which is similar to the Dragon), but you can't overclock without the power requirement shooting way up.  I am guessing the rating at 1 watt / Gh/s is under-volting the chips.  The chips also seem to require massive amounts of cooling which limits how many chips you can cram into a given space too.  The Dragon/Lightning ASIC A1 systems are 4U and are cram-packed.  Technobit is modular, but getting a 2 Th/s system would seem to require no less than 8U of rack space (hard to tell so don't shoot me if I am wrong about this).  

The Bitmain chipset has been at 1 watt / Gh/s for a long time now, and is easily overclocked.  The SP10 is based on a 50nm design.  A new 28nm chip should do a lot better, not worse.  So I think "suck" == did not even come close to meeting expectations.  NOT a jab at Technobit, but rather at Innosilicon.  

EDIT:

SP10 is 40nm chip set (not 50nm) and .7 w/Ghs in normal mode.  The entire package at 1.4 Th/s (normal mode) fits in 1.5U in a rack.  With the stock power supply, the SP10 can be software overclocked to 1.6 Th/s (though efficiency drops to the A1 level then, at slightly less than 1 watt per Gh/s).  Show me ANY A1 based design that can cram even 1 Th/s in 2U.. ever.    Much less 1.5 Th/s.  Also, the SP10 chipset only puts out about 6 watts per chip versus 25 watts per chip for the A1 design.  That is why Spondoolies can cram so many chips into such a small space (that, plus fans pump enough air to make me want to bolt the unit to the rack so it doesn't fly away).  Also it allows them the neat overclocking trip of being able to shut down individual overheating chips without significantly impacting performance (there are 192 such chips in the SP10).

My BTC Addres: 1PMEJCY6ofqmnAdYbdQqToZ7MNSAz35w7v
=>Buy the world's first hardware wallet.   Safer than paper and easier to use than smartphones.  If you use Bitcoin you need this: Buy Trezor!!
regtable69

Activity: 588

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 03:28:41 PM

anyone out there with a working rig or using pi's to mine with i could do with a hand. every time i use putty to operate cgminer it will work fine whilst the pc and putty is on, but as soon as say pc reboots due to update or i shut putty or pc down the rig lasts approx an hour before sleeping or terminating cgminer. i found that it mines better using the cg option rather than the amt gui ip interface.

http://ghettomining-co.in/net/coin 0% fee +potential block reward  https://discord.gg/NXDanPe net discord
http://ghettomining-co.in/ltc/coin 0% fee                                            https://discord.gg/kHekYc5 pool discord to sign up
http://ghettomining-co.in/waya/coin 0% fee
opieum2

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 04:26:40 PM

anyone out there with a working rig or using pi's to mine with i could do with a hand. every time i use putty to operate cgminer it will work fine whilst the pc and putty is on, but as soon as say pc reboots due to update or i shut putty or pc down the rig lasts approx an hour before sleeping or terminating cgminer. i found that it mines better using the cg option rather than the amt gui ip interface.

I am looking at setting up screen on it. That is the only real option to make it work without having to keep a PC or laptop on 24/7. Altho at this point I dont want to mess with it since I presumably will be exchanging it for the newer technobit solution.

regtable69

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 04:41:05 PM

I am looking at setting up screen on it. That is the only real option to make it work without having to keep a PC or laptop on 24/7. Altho at this point I dont want to mess with it since I presumably will be exchanging it for the newer technobit solution.

i dont think you can install anything on the amt sd as the sudo option does nothing.

http://ghettomining-co.in/net/coin 0% fee +potential block reward  https://discord.gg/NXDanPe net discord
http://ghettomining-co.in/ltc/coin 0% fee                                            https://discord.gg/kHekYc5 pool discord to sign up
mrpark

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 04:56:22 PM

Guys, still waiting on legal, we got a "first thing in the morning" at 6pm today. Sincere apologies.

Please let us know what to do with our RMA's as well.

BTC: 1JDjCGtxtxoZ46XgTqUoXBDxNFKwcsEmik
YourPalToots

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 05:01:01 PM

+1

opieum2

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 05:15:55 PM

+1

+1 also

opieum2

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 05:23:28 PM

i dont think you can install anything on the amt sd as the sudo option does nothing.

Why would you need sudo? you are logging in as root. Thats the whole point of sudo. to elevate the user....its the original UAC (horrible windows guified version of sudo). As root you could literally delete the filesystem if you wanted to (don't recommend that). But anyway what you would need is to download a screen tar.gz and find and install the dependencies for it. This is based on yocto project so it might have an rpm or apt based install method. I saw RPM libs in there so chances are its fedora based. Try yum install screen and see if you get results. If not then it might need to be manually added.

regtable69

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 05:33:59 PM

Why would you need sudo? you are logging in as root. Thats the whole point of sudo. to elevate the user....its the original UAC (horrible windows guified version of sudo). As root you could literally delete the filesystem if you wanted to (don't recommend that). But anyway what you would need is to download a screen tar.gz and find and install the dependencies for it. This is based on yocto project so it might have an rpm or apt based install method. I saw RPM libs in there so chances are its fedora based. Try yum install screen and see if you get results. If not then it might need to be manually added.
as you can guess im not a linx user (sudo) as example so il leave well alone for now lmao. i thought the sudo was to install things as i had a play last noght at setting up mpos pool software on an aws instance and everything had sudo before it.

opieum2

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 05:50:47 PM

as you can guess im not a linx user (sudo) as example so il leave well alone for now lmao. i thought the sudo was to install things as i had a play last noght at setting up mpos pool software on an aws instance and everything had sudo before it.

sudo is basically just for elevating a standard user. If you are root user its not necessary. Otherwise it is. sudo -s also makes you root on a given system to not have to type the sudo command.

What I recommend is if you are going this route is type

Code:
yum install screen

(already know apt-get install doesn't work on this system)

If it works and installs successfully then all you have to type is

Code:
screen -S  nameofyoursessionhere

If you reboot the machine you are using to connect or lose the SSH connection then type

Code:
screen -r nameofyoursessionhere

If you forgot the name of the session then type

Code:
screen -ls

It will show you a list of the existing sessions if there are more than one (which is possible to do)

Here is a handy cheatsheet to follow along for reference. http://aperiodic.net/screen/quick_reference

ladi4ever

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 05:54:22 PM

And what are you going to offer us? Refund, or another of your Garbage that doesn't work?
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 06:06:45 PM

+1

+1 also

+1 ditto

Unofficial AMT RMA List*

user                        model             quantity
mrpark                   1.2THs                 1
YourPatTools           1.2THs                 1
opiem2                   1.2THs                 2
FrictionlessCoin       1.2THs                 1

* Different from the unofficial AMT never received list

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 160 »
  Print  

Jump to: