Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:04:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 [689] 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Cinni | Mandatory: Convert your Cinni to Stakecoin. Instuctions posted.  (Read 739043 times)
modernart

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 01:41:31 AM

Well yes i'm waiting too.
Is mintpal going to send the Cinni or atleast provide a list with their users Cinni balances and their withdrawal addresses or are they going to steal the Cinni.

You guys have to understand the consequences of disabling their address. It will prevent people from ever having a chance to get back their Cinni from mintpal.
and that is alot of people, half of Cinni is in mintpals address.
the only way those people won't lose is if we wait for mintpal to send the  Cinni , or if they provide a list that has peoples Cinni balances and their withdrawal addresses.
those are the most fair ways i think that will solve this problem.
another way which might not seem fair to everyone is to find an escrow, a person which people trust and then let people who have mintpal accounts give him their log in details so the escrow can log in and see the Cinni balances of people and their withdrawal address in order to make the list manually.

I want to hear peoples thoughts on how we can solve this problem.

thats incorrect. you can disable those addresses and reenable them at any time in future release should mintpal situation change.  its not fair to those who have supported cinni and the network that a few users who keep all their coins on their exchanges hold back the development of this coin.  you are also misleading people that mintpal is going to give any coins back, they are not, only what was in the hot wallets, the rest is gone.  

the most important thing to do is prevent any "mining"/staking/PoS blocks and spending/transactions from those addresses.  otherwise you continue with a situation where the thief is believed to control a large amount of cinni and can attempt to fork, doublespend or attack the main blockchain that all other exchanges and users are on.  

You should update the wallet to prevent any spending or PoS from mintpal addresses before its too late.  This will allow the network to ignore those addresses and stake and prevent mintpal trying to fork or get away with stolen coins.  They can always be reenable at a future date should mintpal give back what they have stolen, but this is a critical change that will prevent dumping on other exchanges.  

Most people that support this coin kept Cinni in their wallets and not all on exchanges, so mintpal loss will not affect them, and the amount of cinni that is claimed to be lossed is very low, so far only 119,796 CINNI has been lost by users if you check the mintpal/moolah losses thread here "Moolah Scam on Mintpal and Missing Funds" - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=824211.0, so you are really only hurting the real supporters of your coin.  There probably a bit more then that but obviously most people are unconcerned about their coins and have not put forward their losses.

Remember also not all the coins belong to users, mintpal/moolah and their pump groups they created manipulated alot of the markets and much of the coins are "exchange owned" as they successfully tricked many with their pump and dump scams.  the amount of btc claimed lost is probably higher then what existed in wallets and people were likely to be trading with fake bitcoin that the exchange would have used to pump coins with.  

The best thing for cinni right now is to block PoS/Staking and prevent movement of Mintpal Cinni with a wallet update.  Addresses can always be unblocked with a later release but once those funds move you will lose this option.

well shit if only 119,796 cinni are lost then whats the big deal.. haha I owned like 1/5th of that. How does the thief control a large amount of cinni with only 119000 coins left on mintpal exchange.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pseudonymdude
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 06:12:36 AM

Is mintpal going to send the Cinni or atleast provide a list with their users Cinni balances and their withdrawal addresses or are they going to steal the Cinni.

You guys have to understand the consequences of disabling their address. It will prevent people from ever having a chance to get back their Cinni from mintpal.
the only way those people won't lose is if we wait for mintpal to send the  Cinni , or if they provide a list that has peoples Cinni balances and their withdrawal addresses.
another way which might not seem fair to everyone is to find an escrow, a person which people trust and then let people who have mintpal accounts give him their log in details so the escrow can log in and see the Cinni balances of people and their withdrawal address in order to make the list manually.

Let's do the escrow thing while we're still able to log in.

nonlinearboy

Activity: 703
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 06:43:53 AM

hmm cinnicoin officially dead?

long ago

Cinni is still alive Rob, quite fucking around
dead already long ago,
don't touch and stay away.
kawa900jc

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

StakeChain Community leader

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 12:56:23 PM

Hi,
Bootstrap blockchain download: http://www.cinniblock.com
I get no connections.
Are there nodes I can add?
0 connections yet.
How to activate the Bootstrap?

Thank jou.

YesOrNo

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 01:44:22 PM

the only way those people won't lose is if we wait for mintpal to send the  Cinni , or if they provide a list that has peoples Cinni balances and their withdrawal addresses.

thats incorrect. you can disable those addresses and reenable them at any time in future release should mintpal situation change.  its not fair to those who have supported cinni and the network that a few users who keep all their coins on their exchanges hold back the development of this coin.  you are also misleading people that mintpal is going to give any coins back, they are not, only what was in the hot wallets, the rest is gone.  

the most important thing to do is prevent any "mining"/staking/PoS blocks and spending/transactions from those addresses.  otherwise you continue with a situation where the thief is believed to control a large amount of cinni and can attempt to fork, doublespend or attack the main blockchain that all other exchanges and users are on.  

You should update the wallet to prevent any spending or PoS from mintpal addresses before its too late.  This will allow the network to ignore those addresses and stake and prevent mintpal trying to fork or get away with stolen coins.  They can always be reenable at a future date should mintpal give back what they have stolen, but this is a critical change that will prevent dumping on other exchanges.  

Most people that support this coin kept Cinni in their wallets and not all on exchanges, so mintpal loss will not affect them, and the amount of cinni that is claimed to be lossed is very low, so far only 119,796 CINNI has been lost by users if you check the mintpal/moolah losses thread here "Moolah Scam on Mintpal and Missing Funds" - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=824211.0, so you are really only hurting the real supporters of your coin.  There probably a bit more then that but obviously most people are unconcerned about their coins and have not put forward their losses.

Remember also not all the coins belong to users, mintpal/moolah and their pump groups they created manipulated alot of the markets and much of the coins are "exchange owned" as they successfully tricked many with their pump and dump scams.  the amount of btc claimed lost is probably higher then what existed in wallets and people were likely to be trading with fake bitcoin that the exchange would have used to pump coins with.  

The best thing for cinni right now is to block PoS/Staking and prevent movement of Mintpal Cinni with a wallet update.  Addresses can always be unblocked with a later release but once those funds move you will lose this option.

100 % right and you digit are the true and oldest cinni supporters from the beginning.

To pawlo74
Guys what do you think about Schild ? As far as I know he left cinni and he is shadow supporter
To cinnidev
Nothing you did until people started to take action and they  want  to cut off you from the project
Then the action turn in the right direction and you say that  you will continue to work together.
And now you  decide himself in the worst way.
The same situation has already taken place a few times. A similar algorithm
When people want to takeover cinni things are going in the right direction than you appear and  problems start again
The information is on several/hundreds pages back.
What is the problem with you CinniCoin
cinblo

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 03:04:19 PM

Cinni blockchain updated bootstrap.dat file at
Block 1028140 Nov 11, 2014 14:49:02 UTC
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pu8y8yp8ij9tzi1/bootstrap.dat
or simply bootstrap.cinniblock.com
pawlo74

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 05:26:19 PM

Let's do the escrow thing while we're still able to log in.

+1

thank you pseudonymdude, let's do it asap time is against us
pawlo74

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 05:35:58 PM

100 % right and you digit are the true and oldest cinni supporters from the beginning.

To pawlo74
Guys what do you think about Schild ? As far as I know he left cinni and he is shadow supporter
To cinnidev
Nothing you did until people started to take action and they  want  to cut off you from the project
Then the action turn in the right direction and you say that  you will continue to work together.
And now you  decide himself in the worst way.
When people want to takeover cinni things are going in the right direction than you appear and  problems start again

Schild was around here not long time ago seems like still with us but if not what about digit ?
modernart

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 06:22:09 PM

To pawlo74
To cinnidev
Nothing you did until people started to take action and they  want  to cut off you from the project
Then the action turn in the right direction and you say that  you will continue to work together.
When people want to takeover cinni things are going in the right direction than you appear and  problems start again

Schild was around here not long time ago seems like still with us but if not what about digit ?

I'm fine with any possible solution for this mess. With all the scams and bullshit in cryptocurrencies I'm just about to give up.
pawlo74

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 06:57:33 PM

To pawlo74
To cinnidev

I'm fine with any possible solution for this mess. With all the scams and bullshit in cryptocurrencies I'm just about to give up.

same here  Grin
crypto4jan
Legendary

Activity: 2448
Merit: 1025

Energy coin master

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 07:54:24 PM

How does that work?
I have also no connections.
Is there a cinnicoin.conf?
Thanks

e2wwnbU8XBcnZxSfMTwZLS7Ru6LdWHunCu
00000a5ac2dc57cfb0b92bc8be7731fe6a94a8c1c49a0d2f32e9e2da4f7d2308
HappyHogan

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 08:41:25 PM

To pawlo74
To cinnidev

Invest in established stuff and don't get caught in any hype. Bitcoin, Blackcoin, Reddcoin and Dogecoin are all good. Park some money in them and leave it would be my suggestion if you're running out of steam.
pawlo74

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 10:04:50 PM

How does that work?
I have also no connections.
Is there a cinnicoin.conf?
Thanks

Jan you will find info here:

www.cinniblock.com/help.htm

Regards. Cheers.
modernart

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 11:27:57 PM

To pawlo74
To cinnidev

Invest in established stuff and don't get caught in any hype. Bitcoin, Blackcoin, Reddcoin and Dogecoin are all good. Park some money in them and leave it would be my suggestion if you're running out of steam.

thanks for the advice blackcoin was built on bullshit so I'll skip that one but we'll see how it goes from here
sdersdf3

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 04:08:16 AM

To pawlo74
To cinnidev
Nothing you did until people started to take action and they  want  to cut off you from the project
Then the action turn in the right direction and you say that  you will continue to work together.
And now you  decide himself in the worst way.
When people want to takeover cinni things are going in the right direction than you appear and  problems start again

Can't speak for him directly, but I think you can forget Schild_. He's not coming back to this (same definitely goes for HEISENAIR and others who were involved in previous recovery efforts) except to exit from CINNI/timeshares/whatever at the first opportunity. There was a window of opportunity for a serious community takeover, but that's gone.
sdersdf3

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 04:09:24 AM
Last edit: November 12, 2014, 04:22:41 AM by sdersdf3

thanks for the advice blackcoin was built on bullshit so I'll skip that one but we'll see how it goes from here

I'd strongly urge everyone here to take a look at nectarcoin
They are a serious group of real, professional programmers/designers
http://cryptoasian.com/sweet-nectarcoin/
http://proofofdev.com/sweet-nectarcoin/
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=812124.msg9090897#msg9090897
with a great vision of what crypto can and should be:

pawlo74

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 05:06:17 AM
Last edit: November 12, 2014, 05:28:33 AM by pawlo74

To pawlo74
To cinnidev

Can't speak for him directly, but I think you can forget Schild_. He's not coming back to this (same definitely goes for HEISENAIR and others who were involved in previous recovery efforts) except to exit from CINNI/timeshares/whatever at the first opportunity. There was a window of opportunity for a serious community takeover, but that's gone.
Can somebody help me??? I am trying to send cinnicoins to Mintpal exchange from my wallet but I got  these unconfirmed errors??? why?? My cinni wallet version is V1.1.0.0
The wallet is synced and staking fine just these transactions are not going. Did I loose the coins??

These Transaction ID are not into blockchain, so , try this :
First backup wallet.dat in safe place, after that, launch cinnicoin client with  -salvagewallet
If don't work export your private key and import in a new clean wallet.
Hi cinblo, How to launch cinnicoin client? and how to import my private key? I only know to run a wallet and no idea what a cinnicoin client is? Can somebody help me?

For simplify if you don't know how to this, follow this step :
1) create a folder in your system like c:\cinni
2) download this 2 files from wallet.cinniblock.com and put into c:\cinni
3) launch cmd.exe if you don't know where is use search function of your windows operating system and type: cmd.exe  click on it
4) inside prompt of ms-dos type:   
c:\cinni\CinniCoin-qt.exe -salvagewallet

Remember before start this process to backup your wallet.dat file and put in safe place.
Let me know if work for you.
Best regards,
cinblo

if you can open the wallet.dat successfully, salvage is not needed.  If the situation is that person has no backup wallet.dat before the bad transaction causing stuck coins then best method is simply export the privkeys for each address they want to save, and then import into a new wallet. Remember the hidden change addresses and get those privatekeys as well.
Only reason for anyone to use salvagewallet is if the wallet is corrupted because of eg a power failure, forced close the walletqt before it had finished writing to the file etc

UKgunner posted a guide way back, and this is the way if you have no good backups of your wallet.dat.  You can skip downloading old wallet/blockchain downloading parts

Ok this is how i managed to get my PoS working again after wallet update and also get back all my missing coins that where gone from my balance...

Credits for this go to "digit" and "fox19891989" who from their posts and help i managed to solve my problems, i just took their combined info to make a nice clean guide.

Restoring a old wallet.dat backup from before the update and then using the old wallet solves it, but also leaves all the rejected PoS coins from the new wallet visible. So the following method is a better way which will tidy up your wallet and fix all problems caused with balances and will have you staking coins without a problem.

You will need to have your wallet unlocked at all times to carry out this fix

1. In NEW wallet make sure CoinControl is active (settings>options>display). Then go to send coins and click inputs in CoinControl panel, from there click on list view. Scroll through the list and right click on each address displayed there and copy the address then post it in notepad.

2. Now you have got all your addresses including the hidden change addresses time to export the private keys. Open the console still in the NEW wallet (help>debug window>console). Type into the console dumpprivkey <CinniCoinaddress>, where <CinniCoinaddress> put your address here (example: dumpprivkey JVgfbKMk9MrdwZry7X6iCTunTtdS2h1fYP). Do this for each of the addresses you got in step one, after each dump your private key for that address will be shown in the console window, copy and paste each of these keys into notepad also best place would be below each of the addresses your copied earlier so you know which key is for each address.

3. Now you have all your private keys close the NEW wallet and download the OLD vesion from http://1.cinnicoin.com/get-started/ and also the blockchain from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=573232.msg6866461#msg6866461 . Once you have both replace the NEW wallet exe with the OLD one you just downloaded, then go to AppData\Roaming\CinniCoin move the wallet.dat file to somewhere safe just in case something goes wrong, then delete everything from the CinniCoin folder except cinnicoin.conf if you use it. Then open the blockchain file you also downloaded and copy the two files into the CinniCoin folder.

4. Once all that is done open the OLD wallet, you will have a balance of 0 and a new address (dont panic). You will now need to import the private keys that you exported earlier, once again open the console (help>debug window>console) this time you will need the command importprivkey <CinniCoinprivkey> [label] , where it shows <CinniCoinprivkey> [label] you wil need to enter the private key you exported earlier and for label you can put anything you want that address to be called (example: importprivkey SR3MP8bJDAjl1GTnQ99ZoK13rSzwT3rTomotS8eEiFfgYLE8XMz8 WALLET 1) once you press enter after typing the command you will have to wait a bit and the wallet will seem like it is not responding, just be patient and after a while the key will have finished importing. Repeat this for all the private keys you backed up earlier.

5. Once finished importing all keys close and then open the OLD wallet your balance should now be correct and all rejected stake will have gone, the wallet will continue to stake correct also after this. You will need to stay on the OLD wallet for it to continue working and staking well.

Balances should be correct doing after the above, as rescan is automatic, but if you want to be sure you can force a rescan of blockchain for the addresses in wallet using "cinnicoin.exe -rescan"

I've been trying with this, but when I am trying to get my private key I get this weird message error :

"Private key for address X is not known (code -4)"

Sad

Hey bro,

Have never had this problem myself, but can check the following link from the LTC forums, there is the same problem their that the op looks to have solved.

https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=9803.0

Thank you. I tried with repairwallet and it helped a bit.

1. Schild was here not long time ago.
2. I am not asking you to speak for digit but if you trust him. I trust digit.
3. HEISENAIR ? No, thank you.
sdersdf3

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 05:23:51 AM
Last edit: November 12, 2014, 09:32:04 AM by sdersdf3

2. I am not asking you to speak for digit but if you trust him.

HEISENAIR was ready to provide full funding support to the takeover and he has deep pockets. That $/BTC + mindfox (dev) + Schild_ (great community dev) + some great ideas we all had on remaking CINNI could've saved this dead coin, starting with fixing the damn mac wallet.

Both Schild_ and HEISENAIR recently popped up here only to ask about the snapshot (they made no comment about anything else), presumably to find out how they could exit from this coin at better prices. I don't think they're interested in spending any more time on CINNI except to exit at a better price than it's at now, assuming that's even possible anymore. Ask them if I'm wrong.

My own opinion - this timeshares thing was all about cinnidev taking one last opportunity to squeeze water out of a dry rock and dump new coins on the market for more BTC. There was never any real long-term vision to save CINNI - only suck it dry one last time. Mintpal got there first.

I have no opinion on digit.

I'd strongly urge everyone here to take a look at nectarcoin
They are a serious group of real, professional programmers/designers
http://cryptoasian.com/sweet-nectarcoin/
http://proofofdev.com/sweet-nectarcoin/
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=812124.msg9090897#msg9090897
with a great vision of what crypto can and should be.
pawlo74

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 09:30:01 AM

HEISENAIR was ready to provide full funding support to the takeover and he has deep pockets. That $/BTC + mindfox (dev) + Schild_ (great community dev) + some great ideas we all had on remaking CINNI could've saved this dead coin, starting with fixing the damn mac wallet.

Both Schild_ and HEISENAIR recently popped up here only to ask about the snapshot (they made no comment about anything else), presumably to find out how they could exit from this coin at better prices. I don't think they're interested in spending any more time on CINNI except to exit at a better price than it's at now, assuming that's even possible anymore. Ask them if I'm wrong.

My own opinion - this timeshares thing was all about cinnidev taking one last opportunity to squeeze water out of a dry rock and dump new coins on the market for more BTC. There was never any real long-term vision to save CINNI - only suck it dry one last time. Mintpal got there first.

Here you are, seems like you hate scammers and you always try to make crypto word better so I am asking you right now.
Could you be our escrow ?
You can prove now if you care about crypto world and all of us.
sdersdf3

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 09:33:55 AM

Here you are, seems like you hate scammers and you always try to make crypto word better so I am asking you right now.
Could you be our escrow ?
You can prove now if you care about crypto world and all of us.

There are plenty of other people out there with well established escrow services and performance histories.

I have no interest in being involved with or spending any more time on CINNI in any way, except to watch and observe how cinnidev (or whoever he is) and whoever else he's allied with plans to scam people next... and to alert people to promising alternatives from real, professional programmers/designers who want to build something great and not just get people's BTC.

Pages: « 1 ... 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 [689] 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 »
  Print  

Jump to: