Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:34:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 [670] 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Cinni | Mandatory: Convert your Cinni to Stakecoin. Instuctions posted.  (Read 739043 times)
emailtooaj

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 01:12:54 AM

If I may interject my opinion on this Timeshare project.
As I understand it, Cinni holders will get a 10:1 ratio for the snap shot.
Now that is all fine and dandy. But wouldn't be a wise decision and get new faces into the project by also allowing PTS/AGS holders to get a cut, that is part of the Bitshare consensus?
By doing so your giving this project a HUGE amount of potential backing by introducing that eco system into the mix.

A good ratio IMO would be 80/20.
80% to Cinni wallet holders (8:1)
10% to PTS holders and 10% to AGS holders

Of course you're not OBLIGATED to include PTS/AGS holders.
But, on the other hand, I think you'd be shooting this project in the foot by not including them. Just forking Bitshares wouldn't be a wise move. There's no incentive.

Outside of Timeshares, have you thought about doing a bitCINNI asset. That would be another way to get things going!

again, just opinion.

The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CinniCoin (OP)

Activity: 377
Merit: 250

DON'T INVOLVE ME IN EVIL NAMES. BYE

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:50:25 AM
Last edit: September 09, 2014, 03:04:34 AM by CinniCoin

Now that is all fine and dandy. But wouldn't be a wise decision and get new faces into the project by also allowing PTS/AGS holders to get a cut, that is part of the Bitshare consensus?
By doing so your giving this project a HUGE amount of potential backing by introducing that eco system into the mix.

But, on the other hand, I think you'd be shooting this project in the foot by not including them. Just forking Bitshares wouldn't be a wise move. There's no incentive.

Outside of Timeshares, have you thought about doing a bitCINNI asset. That would be another way to get things going!

again, just opinion.

Hey Emailtooaj,

I agree thats a great idea to include PTS and AGS holders in the distribution.
It would add value
I would need to tell them about it on their forum.

wanvo

Activity: 65

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 04:57:33 AM

again, just opinion.

If someone gets a gift of shares - it only lower the potential value of the shares. In addition, those who receive the gift of shares, they may want to sell quickly and cause a core dump.
utclover

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 10:53:17 AM

Let me explain more about what TimeShares is.

What I will do is take a snapshot of Cinni's blockchain and that would be the distribution of the TimeShares project.
I will also ask exchanges to help so Cinni holders on exchanges on the time of the snapshot get their TimeShares too.

Users of TimeShares will be able to use units of time as the currency.
This detail will be made in the user interface rather than in the block chain itself. TimeShares will display a users balance as units of time and allow users to send units of time to each other.

BitsharesX has 2 billion coins
TimeShares will have ~150 million coins. 10 coins for each Cinni.

In the time calculations in the user interface, each coin is calculated as 1 hour.
So if someone has a million TimeShares, his wallet balance is shown as 114 Years, 56 Days 39 Hours 59 Minutes 59 seconds.

When a user sends time, the user interface will convert the amount of time being sent back into actual coins before sending the transaction to the block chain.    
I haven't decided on the trading code yet. I am open to suggestions. Maybe TIME, HOUR, TSHARE, or something similar.

Since I am building this project as a BitSharesX fork, it will have BitSharesX's features too.
You can read more about BitSharesx here http://bitshares-x.info/about.php and https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RLcjSXWuU9vBJzzqLEXVACSCdn8zXKTTJRN_LfoCjNY

I will be also adding encrypted messaging. And later on a betting system that uses feeds.

Thats a really great idea but the name of it is bad.
I think if you choose a better name it would be much better.
Have you talked to the exchanges yet?
xucc2012

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 11:01:42 AM

OK i admit that the concept of TimeShares is make me impressvie. :DI just happy that the dev is still working hard!
wegsturm

Activity: 101

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 01:07:04 PM

What will the difference be to other coins (especially CINNI) despite another name?

How do I profit from "owning" virtual time? Is it just named Time or has it actually realy to do something with time?
I don't see any sense in this. Please enlighten me, thanks.

LISK    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 01:20:50 PM

again, just opinion.

Hey Emailtooaj,

I agree thats a great idea to include PTS and AGS holders in the distribution.
It would add value
I would need to tell them about it on their forum.

I would be happy with that since I hold all 3. Smiley Timeshares to the mooooooon!

From what I understand Daniel has a well documented SDK for Bitshares. At least that was the plan.
spa4rtacus

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 03:59:14 PM

I sent ~2800 coins from my wallet to an exchange yesterday, and got a message saying transaction was rejected for possibly being already spent (I don't remember the exact wording). Now this transaction is sitting unconfirmed, and my balance has 2800 coins deducted. Sad

Any way I can recover them?
Will they be credited back after a while like an unconfirmed bitcoin tx?

Hi,

before you send any coins from your wallet go to help/debug window/console and use repairwallet

this command will fix your wallet balance and allow you to send coins.

Please let us know if it helped.

Running repairwallet recovered around 2100 coins. Better than nothing, I guess. Smiley

Will suck up the loss of 700 coins. A bit pissed off because I spent almost x5 the current value on them, but whatever.
At least there's some market movement now...
emailtooaj

Activity: 116

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 05:50:51 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2014, 08:04:40 PM by emailtooaj

again, just opinion.

If someone gets a gift of shares - it only lower the potential value of the shares. In addition, those who receive the gift of shares, they may want to sell quickly and cause a core dump.

You'll always have dumps!! No matter what crypto it is.
Obviously with the ratio's I've stated earlier (80/20) current Cinni holders would get the largest cut.
PTS/AGS holders will get enough to get them interested. If not, then when/if they dump it won't be catastrophic to the value.

CryptoJohn
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003

Well, That's Crypto :-\

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 06:41:48 PM

This looks like a shell game.

just keep your eye on the btc folks. Im grabbing some popcorn for this charade.
CinniCoin (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 08:26:51 PM

TimeShares project will be renamed to TimeBank  Smiley

digit
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 10:03:34 PM

TimeShares project will be renamed to TimeBank  Smiley

what about updating and fixing the wallet. wont be much good if people are unable to withdraw and get their coins into addresses in time for the snapshot.  support from exchanges can take days or more before they process stuck coins. needs to be a new update, make it a simple one,  add checkpoints, stop the stuck transactions from happening and remove the unnecessary features like irc chat and encrypted messaging.

Stay Safe and use NO KYC exchanges ■ Craig Wright is NOT Satoshi  ■
BTC:1DigitwteXwFcRAaWpVDRp6eKqzC6y9tgm ■ ŁTC:LKMcEHoFWHAUoRscqW1cwjhLgFrk7MgCWU ■ Coinkit:digit ■ §digit
pawlo74

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 10:42:52 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2014, 11:20:02 PM by pawlo74

TimeShares project will be renamed to TimeBank  Smiley

what about updating and fixing the wallet. wont be much good if people are unable to withdraw and get their coins into addresses in time for the snapshot.  support from exchanges can take days or more before they process stuck coins. needs to be a new update, make it a simple one,  add checkpoints, stop the stuck transactions from happening and remove the unnecessary features like irc chat and encrypted messaging.

This is unnecessary. What you need this for ? WAIST OF TIME. Much better to focus on new project.
I don't know but I think now you exaggerating the problem.
I have been withdrawing my Cinni many, many times you can trust me, I had no problem with that apart from Cryptsy but we contacted them and now problem is solved.
Don't now why is so hard to find consensus in here ? always something wrong always someone is not happy.
Sorry but Cinni dev should continue his work on Timebank.
Thanks anyway I now you are an expert and I respect your every notice which I really appreciate. Cheers.
pawlo74

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 11:39:11 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2014, 12:15:03 AM by pawlo74

TimeShares project will be renamed to TimeBank  Smiley

what about updating and fixing the wallet. wont be much good if people are unable to withdraw and get their coins into addresses in time for the snapshot.  support from exchanges can take days or more before they process stuck coins. needs to be a new update, make it a simple one,  add checkpoints, stop the stuck transactions from happening and remove the unnecessary features like irc chat and encrypted messaging.
I think the stuck transactions don't happen if you use the newest wallet with a new wallet.dat and send your coins there.

And also digit thanks a lot for your instructions I'm quoting you now, that's for ppl who could have any problem with Cinni wallet:

Use repairwallet in console everytime before sending/spending cinni and after staking to prevent the stuck transactions from happening, it takes just a few seconds and corrects the wallet balance after PoS.  Stuck transactions occur because PoS gives the wrong number back to wallet sometimes and so it tries to spend from inputs that dont exist.  repairwallet is a workaround to prevent this.

To save backup:

dumpprivkey for each address you own that has a balance,

pay attention to change addresses you might have. delete wallet.dat (backup first, and rename it old). 

importprivkey to the new wallet.dat.  it will take a moment to import each address. 

restart the wallet with -rescan.  your wallet will be showing the correct amount.

dont ever use salvagewallet, its meant to be used as a last ditch attempt to retreive a corrupted wallet.dat because of power failure/bad write etc.

More detailed if someone need:

Ok this is how i managed to get my PoS working again after wallet update and also get back all my missing coins that where gone from my balance...

Credits for this go to "digit" and "fox19891989" who from their posts and help i managed to solve my problems, i just took their combined info to make a nice clean guide.

Restoring a old wallet.dat backup from before the update and then using the old wallet solves it, but also leaves all the rejected PoS coins from the new wallet visible. So the following method is a better way which will tidy up your wallet and fix all problems caused with balances and will have you staking coins without a problem.

You will need to have your wallet unlocked at all times to carry out this fix

1. In NEW wallet make sure CoinControl is active (settings>options>display). Then go to send coins and click inputs in CoinControl panel, from there click on list view. Scroll through the list and right click on each address displayed there and copy the address then post it in notepad.

2. Now you have got all your addresses including the hidden change addresses time to export the private keys. Open the console still in the NEW wallet (help>debug window>console). Type into the console dumpprivkey <CinniCoinaddress>, where <CinniCoinaddress> put your address here (example: dumpprivkey JVgfbKMk9MrdwZry7X6iCTunTtdS2h1fYP). Do this for each of the addresses you got in step one, after each dump your private key for that address will be shown in the console window, copy and paste each of these keys into notepad also best place would be below each of the addresses your copied earlier so you know which key is for each address.
CinniCoin (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 07:50:37 AM

what about updating and fixing the wallet. wont be much good if people are unable to withdraw and get their coins into addresses in time for the snapshot.  support from exchanges can take days or more before they process stuck coins.
I tested both depositing and withdrawing from exchanges and also sending them from one exchange to the other.
I've tested poloniex, cryptsy, and mintpal.
They all work.
I also sent cinni to someone.
It worked fine.

needs to be a new update, make it a simple one,  add checkpoints, stop the stuck transactions from happening and remove the unnecessary features like irc chat and encrypted messaging.
I can update the checkpoints
However why would i remove the features of cinni?
If you don't want to use the irc chat then you can easily disable it in the options menu in the wallet.
also you can disable encrypted messaging in the wallet if you want by typing smsgdisable in the console.
I'm curious why you would want to do that though?

gr8n8

Activity: 144

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 08:47:33 AM

what about updating and fixing the wallet. wont be much good if people are unable to withdraw and get their coins into addresses in time for the snapshot.  support from exchanges can take days or more before they process stuck coins.
I tested both depositing and withdrawing from exchanges and also sending them from one exchange to the other.
They all work.
It worked fine.

needs to be a new update, make it a simple one,  add checkpoints, stop the stuck transactions from happening and remove the unnecessary features like irc chat and encrypted messaging.
If you don't want to use the irc chat then you can easily disable it in the options menu in the wallet.
also you can disable encrypted messaging in the wallet if you want by typing smsgdisable in the console.

i think digit may have been thinking about simplicity to perhaps remove some wallet errors people have been having - i also had the same wallet issue with incorrect balance and unable to send getting (0/3 confirmations) - had to export priv keys and import in a different wallet version to recover and they have been on exchange ever since out of fear, someone suggested this error may have been fixed in the latest version but i wasn't convinced. not sure if its confirmed the wallet issue has been fixed because some people have still been complaining (not sure if its because they havent upgraded)

on timesbank (imo timebank is cooler than timeshares)i love the idea of something fresh and new but i still don't understand exactly what is a timeshares? i downloaded bitsharesx and installed all the markets i clicked had 0 orders - i couldnt make sense of what it was and felt the website doesn't explain - i probably am completely wrong my conclusion were bitsharesX were just a unit of exchange like and other crypt but it a different platform?

when these new timebank units are created how will newly created units be created? will more units be created after these timebank units are created using cinni blockchain snapshot? or do they accumulate seconds with time/age or something??
pawlo74

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 09:19:33 AM

They all work.
It worked fine.

i think digit may have been thinking about simplicity to perhaps remove some wallet errors people have been having - i also had the same wallet issue with incorrect balance and unable to send getting (0/3 confirmations) - had to export priv keys and import in a different wallet version to recover and they have been on exchange ever since out of fear, someone suggested this error may have been fixed in the latest version but i wasn't convinced. not sure if its confirmed the wallet issue has been fixed because some people have still been complaining (not sure if its because they havent upgraded)

on timesbank (imo timebank is cooler than timeshares)i love the idea of something fresh and new but i still don't understand exactly what is a timeshares? i downloaded bitsharesx and installed all the markets i clicked had 0 orders - i couldnt make sense of what it was and felt the website doesn't explain - i probably am completely wrong my conclusion were bitsharesX were just a unit of exchange like and other crypt but it a different platform?

when these new timebank units are created how will newly created units be created? will more units be created after these timebank units are created using cinni blockchain snapshot? or do they accumulate seconds with time/age or something??

Hi,

If you're not familiar with the Bitshare world, do yourself a favor and look into it! I promise you'll be glad you did!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RLcjSXWuU9vBJzzqLEXVACSCdn8zXKTTJRN_LfoCjNY

Read it carefully !

I've just done it because of someone advised me to, i've just opened my eyes and THANKS to him for that  Wink

Regards
gr8n8

Activity: 144

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 09:35:58 AM

wow thanks for that, you were right i'm glad i did read - so is this new timebank is going to be the 1st competitor to bitshares x?
pawlo74

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 05:19:11 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2014, 08:01:44 PM by pawlo74

wow thanks for that, you were right i'm glad i did read - so is this new timebank is going to be the 1st competitor to bitshares x?

I don't think they need to be competitors.
They can work together.
Maybe cinnidev makes something good both can use.
Also maybe the bitshares community helps TimeBank

TimeBank uses bitshares code. So it wouldn't really beat it.
Perhaps they can complement each other?

+1

Decentralized Autonomous Companies (DACs)

sdersdf2 that might be the answer for your main concern what happened to the coin market ? where all BTC gone ?

people know now PoW, PoS even Ripple system has no future so......

most of BTC flown to the DAC

Very wise person said, quote:

[...]"But in a nutshell by honoring the PTS/AGS holders and giving them a % in any new DAC, based off the Bitshare protocol, they will have more incentive
to reinvest into any new working project. You must realize HOW MUCH money flows through the Bitshare network.
When BitsharesX was first released it had garnered the #3 Market cap spot, Bitcoin is #1 and LTC is #2.
BTSx was able to reach #3 within a couple of days when released!!!! That was over $130 Million in days!!
And the 24hr trade volume has averaged $10M per day since the initial surge.
That's a HUGE amount of capital flowing in and out, and to miss that by NOT including AGS/PTS holders would be a shame!!"[...]
cinblo

Activity: 79

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 09:11:29 PM

Cinni blockchain updated bootstrap.dat file at
Block 710510 Sep 10, 2014 20:51:44 UTC
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y3xlrm0f1llh2b5/bootstrap.dat
or simply bootstrap.cinniblock.com
Pages: « 1 ... 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 [670] 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 »
  Print  

Jump to: