Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 11:22:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 [685] 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Cinni | Mandatory: Convert your Cinni to Stakecoin. Instuctions posted.  (Read 739043 times)
pawlo74

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 04:39:02 PM

As for the wallet, is that functional? I've had it open for 3 days and it still hasn't synced. I'm assuming we can use the bootstrap above?

Wallet is functional but syncing process is unbelievably slow even using bootstrap. You can see sync progress: Help > Debug window > Information: Last block time
I am doing this again due to Windows reinstall. My god, so slow and so annoying !! sigh..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gr8n8

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 11:49:05 PM

does anyone know if its possible for coins sent to a wrong chain to be recovered?
YesOrNo

Activity: 143

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 01:21:51 AM
Last edit: October 23, 2014, 01:39:33 AM by YesOrNo

does anyone know if its possible for coins sent to a wrong chain to be recovered?
WTF
How wrong chain ?
JUST go to http://cinniblock.com/home.htm download Cinni blockchain updated bootstrap.dat file put it to .....AppData/roaming/CinniCoin and let it sync
It can take about 2 h
Isn't it simple ?
gr8n8

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 02:35:02 AM

WTF
How wrong chain ?
JUST go to http://cinniblock.com/home.htm download Cinni blockchain updated bootstrap.dat file put it to .....AppData/roaming/CinniCoin and let it sync
It can take about 2 h
Isn't it simple ?

umm maybe your not familiar with the issue many of us are suffering, i have a synced wallet - our coins have seeming been sent from mintpal with a transaction id posted but that transaction is not on the cinni blockchain

cinnicoin (the dev) is the on who suggested they may have been sent to the wrong blockchain
thiec

Activity: 854
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 03:10:31 AM
Last edit: October 23, 2014, 10:21:20 AM by thiec

As for the wallet, is that functional? I've had it open for 3 days and it still hasn't synced. I'm assuming we can use the bootstrap above?

Wallet is functional but syncing process is unbelievably slow even using bootstrap. You can see sync progress: Help > Debug window > Information: Last block time
I am doing this again due to Windows reinstall. My god, so slow and so annoying !! sigh..

Yeah, that's suck. I do have reinstall the wallet, but sync is so damn slow, bootstrop dont help very much.
And its take all my memory resources so i cannot make a simple task like copy and paste in excel.

WTF
How wrong chain ?
It can take about 2 h
Isn't it simple ?

Not sure you talk about 2h, when the last time do you use bootstrap?
I spend all night (more than 8 h) still only got 60%

shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 06:51:05 AM

When you unlock your wallet syncing i s very fast . If it isn't encrypted then encrypt it and unlock it. I use the wallet this way. From zero to "up to date" - 1 days max without touching anything
coolsaint99

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 09:15:21 PM

I was a strong believer in Cinni and invested a lot. So many things happened - but I stayed with Cinni. At last I had more than 50K Cinni in Mintpal. Finally, not for Cinni but for Mintpal, I did a withdrawal request to move coins to my Cryptsy wallet. Now it shows a "Withdrawal Status" - "912983de8d4c05ec136af1018bc595f0be85fdd0aced54dc2399a7de509d21f2" in Mintpal. It is couple of days but no Cinni in my Cryptsy wallet "JRPchwZqftcPHr1twASFMhVVpnRxH7BkAD".

Can someone please check if this transaction went through? I mean if it went to the wrong block chain as it was discussed in the thread. Thanks a lot!
Raistilin

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 10:09:51 PM

Well Idk about everyone else but when i log in to mintpal it still shows my cinni balance.

Theoretically that means moolah/mintpal knows exactly what is owed to everyone and the addresses for cold storage.

that means it is technically possible (although maybe infeasible) for moolah and cinni dev to email everyone with a cinni balance a new unique private key, which everyone imports into a new wallet, hardfork the chain and destroy all the mintpal coins/addresses/block transactions and create replica coins sent immediately to the addresses owned by the private key. Then everyone moves there coins to their own addresses with a different private key since its not really private anymore.

Probably some more technical detail needed but i think this would do the trick. 

I'd like to hear a reply from dev about this idea.

I dont know why we keep seeing people talking about wrong block chain because it is not the case. One person at mintpal had all the access to the cinni in cold storage and they have gone and run away with them all along with other coins. I still think the above is the only way to get coins back and that assumes Cinni Dev and what is left of mintpal/moolah want to do it and have the resources to do it.
gr8n8

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 09:26:28 AM

Well Idk about everyone else but when i log in to mintpal it still shows my cinni balance.

Theoretically that means moolah/mintpal knows exactly what is owed to everyone and the addresses for cold storage.

that means it is technically possible (although maybe infeasible) for moolah and cinni dev to email everyone with a cinni balance a new unique private key, which everyone imports into a new wallet, hardfork the chain and destroy all the mintpal coins/addresses/block transactions and create replica coins sent immediately to the addresses owned by the private key. Then everyone moves there coins to their own addresses with a different private key since its not really private anymore.

Probably some more technical detail needed but i think this would do the trick. 

I'd like to hear a reply from dev about this idea.

I dont know why we keep seeing people talking about wrong block chain because it is not the case. One person at mintpal had all the access to the cinni in cold storage and they have gone and run away with them all along with other coins. I still think the above is the only way to get coins back and that assumes Cinni Dev and what is left of mintpal/moolah want to do it and have the resources to do it.

the reason i mentioned it a possibility is because cinnicoin suggested it and i received my white coins after getting a transaction id - so it's like they tried to send them but somehow there is a incorrect transaction id
Schild_

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 06:37:15 PM

Hey guys,

Any idea what to do when you get that message?

Error: The transaction was rejected. This might happen if some of the coins in your wallet were already spent, such as if you used a copy of wallet.dat and coins were spent in the copy but not marked as spent here.
digit
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2014, 07:48:28 PM
Last edit: October 24, 2014, 09:42:46 PM by digit

I was a strong believer in Cinni and invested a lot. So many things happened - but I stayed with Cinni. At last I had more than 50K Cinni in Mintpal. Finally, not for Cinni but for Mintpal, I did a withdrawal request to move coins to my Cryptsy wallet. Now it shows a "Withdrawal Status" - "912983de8d4c05ec136af1018bc595f0be85fdd0aced54dc2399a7de509d21f2" in Mintpal. It is couple of days but no Cinni in my Cryptsy wallet "JRPchwZqftcPHr1twASFMhVVpnRxH7BkAD".

Can someone please check if this transaction went through? I mean if it went to the wrong block chain as it was discussed in the thread. Thanks a lot!

hopefully you also used the wallet and kept the bulk of your investment there.  no one should be keeping such a large amount of Cinni or any altcoin on an exchange.  
Its been said before and these situations have been warned about.  Dont make the same mistake cryptsy by sending all your coins there.  Your tx doesnt exist on the blockchain, so you need to talk with mintpal support or whatever is left of them, but really you need to learn from this situation and stop trusting exchanges with so much coin, it common sense.   There is no fork, the blockchain is working fine with other exchanges, and a new wallet will fix the remaining client side bugs, but it wont get your coins back if the mintpal have stolen them.

also be aware cryptsy is finally getting sued,  if you lost any coins there you can get in contact with these guys and help the build the case against them
http://www.silverlaw.com/files/BitcoinComplaint.pdf
www.silverlaw.com/securities-lawyers/2014/10/silver-law-group-files-lawsuits-against-cryptocurrency-exchanges-bitcoin-savings-trust-and-cryptsy/

http://www.coindesk.com/cryptsy-lawsuit-customer-account-breach/

Stay Safe and use NO KYC exchanges ■ Craig Wright is NOT Satoshi  ■
BTC:1DigitwteXwFcRAaWpVDRp6eKqzC6y9tgm ■ ŁTC:LKMcEHoFWHAUoRscqW1cwjhLgFrk7MgCWU ■ Coinkit:digit ■ §digit
pawlo74

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 08:43:45 PM

also be aware cryptsy is finally getting sued,  if you lost any coins there you can get in contact with these guys and help the build the case against them
http://www.silverlaw.com/files/BitcoinComplaint.pdf
www.silverlaw.com/securities-lawyers/2014/10/silver-law-group-files-lawsuits-against-cryptocurrency-exchanges-bitcoin-savings-trust-and-cryptsy/

Don't transfer your Cinnis to Cryptsy, their wallet is not working.

You won't be able to withdraw your coins!

Cryptsy Update here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=826341.0

Cryptsy is back now everything seems ok

That day 17/10/2014 Cryptsy Outage day I knew I must keep away from Cryptsy.
If you go and check Cryptsy update link you will find a lot of very well known scammers like 'muddafudda', 'barwizi' and 'Spoetnik' actively talking with BitJohn. Seems like a friends. That doesn't prove anything yet but for me red flag. An outage thread self-moderated Huh
Schild_

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 07:27:45 PM

Hey guys,

Error: The transaction was rejected. This might happen if some of the coins in your wallet were already spent, such as if you used a copy of wallet.dat and coins were spent in the copy but not marked as spent here.

No one?
pawlo74

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 10:15:48 PM

Hey guys,

No one?

Sorry Schild but nice to see you back.
digit
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2014, 10:44:35 PM

Hey guys,

No one?

sync and repairwallet before spending should prevent that happening.  if your wallet.dat already has as stuck transaction then easiest way to get your access to coins again is to export and import the privatekeys for the addresses you want into a new wallet.

there are posts detailing this throughout the thread

Stay Safe and use NO KYC exchanges ■ Craig Wright is NOT Satoshi  ■
BTC:1DigitwteXwFcRAaWpVDRp6eKqzC6y9tgm ■ ŁTC:LKMcEHoFWHAUoRscqW1cwjhLgFrk7MgCWU ■ Coinkit:digit ■ §digit
cinblo

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2014, 02:39:39 AM

Cinni blockchain updated bootstrap.dat file at
Block 959529 Oct 26, 2014 02:22:08 UTC
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xiurc3rcdwiblq2/bootstrap.dat
or simply bootstrap.cinniblock.com
Schild_

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 11:14:10 AM

Can somebody help me??? I am trying to send cinnicoins to Mintpal exchange from my wallet but I got  these unconfirmed errors??? why?? My cinni wallet version is V1.1.0.0
The wallet is synced and staking fine just these transactions are not going. Did I loose the coins??

These Transaction ID are not into blockchain, so , try this :
First backup wallet.dat in safe place, after that, launch cinnicoin client with  -salvagewallet
If don't work export your private key and import in a new clean wallet.
Hi cinblo, How to launch cinnicoin client? and how to import my private key? I only know to run a wallet and no idea what a cinnicoin client is? Can somebody help me?

For simplify if you don't know how to this, follow this step :
1) create a folder in your system like c:\cinni
2) download this 2 files from wallet.cinniblock.com and put into c:\cinni
3) launch cmd.exe if you don't know where is use search function of your windows operating system and type: cmd.exe  click on it
4) inside prompt of ms-dos type:  
c:\cinni\CinniCoin-qt.exe -salvagewallet

Remember before start this process to backup your wallet.dat file and put in safe place.
Let me know if work for you.
Best regards,
cinblo

if you can open the wallet.dat successfully, salvage is not needed.  If the situation is that person has no backup wallet.dat before the bad transaction causing stuck coins then best method is simply export the privkeys for each address they want to save, and then import into a new wallet. Remember the hidden change addresses and get those privatekeys as well.
Only reason for anyone to use salvagewallet is if the wallet is corrupted because of eg a power failure, forced close the walletqt before it had finished writing to the file etc

UKgunner posted a guide way back, and this is the way if you have no good backups of your wallet.dat.  You can skip downloading old wallet/blockchain downloading parts

Ok this is how i managed to get my PoS working again after wallet update and also get back all my missing coins that where gone from my balance...

Credits for this go to "digit" and "fox19891989" who from their posts and help i managed to solve my problems, i just took their combined info to make a nice clean guide.

Restoring a old wallet.dat backup from before the update and then using the old wallet solves it, but also leaves all the rejected PoS coins from the new wallet visible. So the following method is a better way which will tidy up your wallet and fix all problems caused with balances and will have you staking coins without a problem.

You will need to have your wallet unlocked at all times to carry out this fix

1. In NEW wallet make sure CoinControl is active (settings>options>display). Then go to send coins and click inputs in CoinControl panel, from there click on list view. Scroll through the list and right click on each address displayed there and copy the address then post it in notepad.

2. Now you have got all your addresses including the hidden change addresses time to export the private keys. Open the console still in the NEW wallet (help>debug window>console). Type into the console dumpprivkey <CinniCoinaddress>, where <CinniCoinaddress> put your address here (example: dumpprivkey JVgfbKMk9MrdwZry7X6iCTunTtdS2h1fYP). Do this for each of the addresses you got in step one, after each dump your private key for that address will be shown in the console window, copy and paste each of these keys into notepad also best place would be below each of the addresses your copied earlier so you know which key is for each address.

3. Now you have all your private keys close the NEW wallet and download the OLD vesion from http://1.cinnicoin.com/get-started/ and also the blockchain from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=573232.msg6866461#msg6866461 . Once you have both replace the NEW wallet exe with the OLD one you just downloaded, then go to AppData\Roaming\CinniCoin move the wallet.dat file to somewhere safe just in case something goes wrong, then delete everything from the CinniCoin folder except cinnicoin.conf if you use it. Then open the blockchain file you also downloaded and copy the two files into the CinniCoin folder.

4. Once all that is done open the OLD wallet, you will have a balance of 0 and a new address (dont panic). You will now need to import the private keys that you exported earlier, once again open the console (help>debug window>console) this time you will need the command importprivkey <CinniCoinprivkey> [label] , where it shows <CinniCoinprivkey> [label] you wil need to enter the private key you exported earlier and for label you can put anything you want that address to be called (example: importprivkey SR3MP8bJDAjl1GTnQ99ZoK13rSzwT3rTomotS8eEiFfgYLE8XMz8 WALLET 1) once you press enter after typing the command you will have to wait a bit and the wallet will seem like it is not responding, just be patient and after a while the key will have finished importing. Repeat this for all the private keys you backed up earlier.

5. Once finished importing all keys close and then open the OLD wallet your balance should now be correct and all rejected stake will have gone, the wallet will continue to stake correct also after this. You will need to stay on the OLD wallet for it to continue working and staking well.

Balances should be correct doing after the above, as rescan is automatic, but if you want to be sure you can force a rescan of blockchain for the addresses in wallet using "cinnicoin.exe -rescan"

I've been trying with this, but when I am trying to get my private key I get this weird message error :

"Private key for address X is not known (code -4)"

Sad
UKGunner

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 11:40:37 AM

Can somebody help me??? I am trying to send cinnicoins to Mintpal exchange from my wallet but I got  these unconfirmed errors??? why?? My cinni wallet version is V1.1.0.0
The wallet is synced and staking fine just these transactions are not going. Did I loose the coins??

First backup wallet.dat in safe place, after that, launch cinnicoin client with  -salvagewallet
Hi cinblo, How to launch cinnicoin client? and how to import my private key? I only know to run a wallet and no idea what a cinnicoin client is? Can somebody help me?

3) launch cmd.exe if you don't know where is use search function of your windows operating system and type: cmd.exe  click on it

Remember before start this process to backup your wallet.dat file and put in safe place.
Best regards,
cinblo

if you can open the wallet.dat successfully, salvage is not needed.  If the situation is that person has no backup wallet.dat before the bad transaction causing stuck coins then best method is simply export the privkeys for each address they want to save, and then import into a new wallet. Remember the hidden change addresses and get those privatekeys as well.
Only reason for anyone to use salvagewallet is if the wallet is corrupted because of eg a power failure, forced close the walletqt before it had finished writing to the file etc

UKgunner posted a guide way back, and this is the way if you have no good backups of your wallet.dat.  You can skip downloading old wallet/blockchain downloading parts

Ok this is how i managed to get my PoS working again after wallet update and also get back all my missing coins that where gone from my balance...

Credits for this go to "digit" and "fox19891989" who from their posts and help i managed to solve my problems, i just took their combined info to make a nice clean guide.

Restoring a old wallet.dat backup from before the update and then using the old wallet solves it, but also leaves all the rejected PoS coins from the new wallet visible. So the following method is a better way which will tidy up your wallet and fix all problems caused with balances and will have you staking coins without a problem.

1. In NEW wallet make sure CoinControl is active (settings>options>display). Then go to send coins and click inputs in CoinControl panel, from there click on list view. Scroll through the list and right click on each address displayed there and copy the address then post it in notepad.

2. Now you have got all your addresses including the hidden change addresses time to export the private keys. Open the console still in the NEW wallet (help>debug window>console). Type into the console dumpprivkey <CinniCoinaddress>, where <CinniCoinaddress> put your address here (example: dumpprivkey JVgfbKMk9MrdwZry7X6iCTunTtdS2h1fYP). Do this for each of the addresses you got in step one, after each dump your private key for that address will be shown in the console window, copy and paste each of these keys into notepad also best place would be below each of the addresses your copied earlier so you know which key is for each address.

3. Now you have all your private keys close the NEW wallet and download the OLD vesion from http://1.cinnicoin.com/get-started/ and also the blockchain from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=573232.msg6866461#msg6866461 . Once you have both replace the NEW wallet exe with the OLD one you just downloaded, then go to AppData\Roaming\CinniCoin move the wallet.dat file to somewhere safe just in case something goes wrong, then delete everything from the CinniCoin folder except cinnicoin.conf if you use it. Then open the blockchain file you also downloaded and copy the two files into the CinniCoin folder.

4. Once all that is done open the OLD wallet, you will have a balance of 0 and a new address (dont panic). You will now need to import the private keys that you exported earlier, once again open the console (help>debug window>console) this time you will need the command importprivkey <CinniCoinprivkey> [label] , where it shows <CinniCoinprivkey> [label] you wil need to enter the private key you exported earlier and for label you can put anything you want that address to be called (example: importprivkey SR3MP8bJDAjl1GTnQ99ZoK13rSzwT3rTomotS8eEiFfgYLE8XMz8 WALLET 1) once you press enter after typing the command you will have to wait a bit and the wallet will seem like it is not responding, just be patient and after a while the key will have finished importing. Repeat this for all the private keys you backed up earlier.

5. Once finished importing all keys close and then open the OLD wallet your balance should now be correct and all rejected stake will have gone, the wallet will continue to stake correct also after this. You will need to stay on the OLD wallet for it to continue working and staking well.

Balances should be correct doing after the above, as rescan is automatic, but if you want to be sure you can force a rescan of blockchain for the addresses in wallet using "cinnicoin.exe -rescan"

I've been trying with this, but when I am trying to get my private key I get this weird message error :

Sad

Hey bro,

Have never had this problem myself, but can check the following link from the LTC forums, there is the same problem their that the op looks to have solved.

https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=9803.0

Dopecoin - In Anonymity We Trust. 4HfAmTL8oDq851kY17EaQeEEq97pTTsdBu  
CinniCoin The Future Is Now. JVgfbKMk9MrdwZry7X6iCTunTtdS2h1fYP
Schild_

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 07:38:33 PM

Best regards,
cinblo

Sad

Hey bro,

Have never had this problem myself, but can check the following link from the LTC forums, there is the same problem their that the op looks to have solved.

https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=9803.0

Thank you. I tried with repairwallet and it helped a bit.
ljglug

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 02:55:57 AM

BTSX assets have already merged, cinni release timebank there meaning? Huh

Pages: « 1 ... 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 [685] 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 »
  Print  

Jump to: