Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:56:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 [649] 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Cinni | Mandatory: Convert your Cinni to Stakecoin. Instuctions posted.  (Read 739043 times)
gustav

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 08:17:34 PM

Seems like a bot is trying to lower the price on Mintapal. Any thoughts? In any case, prices are lower relative to other markets, cheap cinni before codedcaffiene revitalizes it.

i dumped today before traded with mayority of alts below 20k$ cap. Altcoins are dead.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
newra

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 08:54:12 PM

That's absolutely fine unless they left without "leaving notice" but never mind yes you are right let's focus on Cinni.

I do understand your frustration though ...
Dsellerz

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:12:00 AM

Seems like a bot is trying to lower the price on Mintapal. Any thoughts? In any case, prices are lower relative to other markets, cheap cinni before codedcaffiene revitalizes it.

i dumped today before traded with mayority of alts below 20k$ cap. Altcoins are dead.

I was pissed when I bought cinni at .00015 and dumped at .00010. Glad I didn't wait too long.

Anyway, altcoins are not dead, just shaking down the prices for top whales to accumulate at rock bottom prices. Although I think we will have fewer relevent coins in the near future. Maybe cinni can be one if it gets back on track. And by back on track I mean with new or newish innovation. I don't think anonymous is the way to go for this coin as many coins are doing it very well. Perhaps transparency is the way to go. There is value in that too.
digit
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 01:11:43 AM

ok, i was doing unlock, dumprivkey and import that into a new wallet. The amount it shows now is a slightly different than what the old wallet was showing (less than 1 coin difference) but my missing coins are still not there. Explorer shows them though. Are those coins lost? How did that happen? Is there something else i could try?

yes, i was rescanning it after importing privkey - still nothing. Where did the coins go and why do they not show when they show in the explorer? I don't get it.  

Did you import the change addresses?  These would have been created if you spent the partial amount of one input in a address in the past.  If you open the old wallet.dat and use the coincontrol window you will see these addresses marked as (change) beside the address under the initial deposit they came from.  they can only be seen there using the gui.  Its how bitcoin works when spending part of an amount, it makes two outputs, one to the address with the amount you are spending, and the balance is sent to a "change" address which is hidden from view.  You can check for the change address/es  on the explorer viewing any sends you made from the address/es, if it was a partial spend of input, there will be another address that is yours but not seen in the main wallet view but can still be imported into a new wallet.dat as you will have the privatekey for it.

Stay Safe and use NO KYC exchanges ■ Craig Wright is NOT Satoshi  ■
BTC:1DigitwteXwFcRAaWpVDRp6eKqzC6y9tgm ■ ŁTC:LKMcEHoFWHAUoRscqW1cwjhLgFrk7MgCWU ■ Coinkit:digit ■ §digit
skip60

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 06:28:14 AM

This coin is sending really mixed signals...

Why would you pay a .5 BTC bounty for a stupid logo if the coin is most likely dead?

But at the same time, dev is inactive on the forum, IRC is dead. Doesn't look like anybody's doing anything. No leadership. Github dead.

Not sure what to think really. Where is the Bounty money coming from ?
Cinni isn't dead.
Also I will do something soon that will be really good. Hold your coins please.

"hold ur coins please"  Huh...what does it mean???

u are dummier than i thought...or very smart u re...cheating people, puppet
pawlo74

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 08:58:35 AM

You trolls forget the point of a currency. This is not meant to be some get rich pump, dump, and die coin.  Strong coins like this will survive with a strong community. If you are in crypto solely for quick cash, then just get off the computer and shake down some innocent people on the street corner....that is essentially what you are doing here. You contribute NOTHING to this society! You are just a thug trying to make a quick dishonest buck.
GumtreeMan

Activity: 6

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 09:28:38 AM

Hi All - As a total newbie to this sort of thing, I got into Cinni a couple of months back before the big downturn in price.  Recently I have tried to transfer funds from my wallet to someone as payment for stuff but the transaction never seems to go through and the coins are not returned to me  Sad.  I was told that I needed to remove the wallet.dat file and replace it with a backup from before the transactions and then 'install' and older version of the block files and restart the wallet program.  Once it had synced back all my coins would be returned to me.  Well I have been through this process about 3 times now and every time I seem to have less and less coins in my wallet when it is finished, AND when I compare it with the Cinnichain site it indicates that my wallet has only about 60% of the coins that I am 'supposed' to have and there are almost and extra 1000 transactions.

Today after reading through the last few pages of this forum, I decided to try the 'repairwallet' command, and it returned 'walletcheck = true'

Can someone tell me what might be wrong.  Is my wallet broken?  Is the CinniChain site in error?

Thanks in advance
pawlo74

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:06:16 AM

Hi All - As a total newbie to this sort of thing, I got into Cinni a couple of months back before the big downturn in price.  Recently I have tried to transfer funds from my wallet to someone as payment for stuff but the transaction never seems to go through and the coins are not returned to me  Sad.  I was told that I needed to remove the wallet.dat file and replace it with a backup from before the transactions and then 'install' and older version of the block files and restart the wallet program.  Once it had synced back all my coins would be returned to me.  Well I have been through this process about 3 times now and every time I seem to have less and less coins in my wallet when it is finished, AND when I compare it with the Cinnichain site it indicates that my wallet has only about 60% of the coins that I am 'supposed' to have and there are almost and extra 1000 transactions.

Today after reading through the last few pages of this forum, I decided to try the 'repairwallet' command, and it returned 'walletcheck = true'

Can someone tell me what might be wrong.  Is my wallet broken?  Is the CinniChain site in error?

Thanks in advance

There are some issues with wallet and blockchain but all should be fixed soon I believe.
Just a little bit patience please. 
digit
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 01:16:00 PM

Hi All - As a total newbie to this sort of thing, I got into Cinni a couple of months back before the big downturn in price.  Recently I have tried to transfer funds from my wallet to someone as payment for stuff but the transaction never seems to go through and the coins are not returned to me  Sad.  I was told that I needed to remove the wallet.dat file and replace it with a backup from before the transactions and then 'install' and older version of the block files and restart the wallet program.  Once it had synced back all my coins would be returned to me.  Well I have been through this process about 3 times now and every time I seem to have less and less coins in my wallet when it is finished, AND when I compare it with the Cinnichain site it indicates that my wallet has only about 60% of the coins that I am 'supposed' to have and there are almost and extra 1000 transactions.

Can someone tell me what might be wrong.  Is my wallet broken?  Is the CinniChain site in error?

Thanks in advance

likely your missing coins are in your change addresses.  you will need the original wallet.dat to reclaim those change addresses, this is part of how bitcoin works when you spend coins it will use a hidden address in your wallet.dat to seen the change from partial spends to.  eg you have 100 coins sent to your address, it is 1 input of 100 coins.  Now you want to send 10 coins to Sally, it doesnt deduct 10, it spends the full 100 in the following way 10 coins to Sallys address and 90 coins are sent to your change address which is hidden from view but can be viewed in coincontrol window.  Its impossible to only spend part of an input in any altcoin or bitcoin.  You need to dump the privatekey for that address and import that into your new wallet.dat

heres some further info about change addresses which everyone new to bitcoin or altcoins should know

I would like draw everyone attention to this article,  it has some important information and examples of how change addresses work and it is the same for bitcoin, cinni and every other altcoin that exists. Everyone should read it so they can understand better how transactions work.

Important parts to read are "How Bitcoin Transactions Work" and "Preventing and Recovering from Change Address Disasters"

http://bitzuma.com/posts/five-ways-to-lose-money-with-bitcoin-change-addresses/

Stay Safe and use NO KYC exchanges ■ Craig Wright is NOT Satoshi  ■
BTC:1DigitwteXwFcRAaWpVDRp6eKqzC6y9tgm ■ ŁTC:LKMcEHoFWHAUoRscqW1cwjhLgFrk7MgCWU ■ Coinkit:digit ■ §digit
check07

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:35:37 PM

Im not trying to be rude to the designer of Number 1 - but i would prefer ANY OF THE OTHERS in comparison to the one that has won - i dont even know how thats possible? - who the hell would vote for the worst design there? I think Number 6, 3, and 4 are beautiful.

1.)

2.)

3.)

4.)

5.)

6.)

I like the logos 3 and 6
Ignition

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:35:12 PM

Im not trying to be rude to the designer of Number 1 - but i would prefer ANY OF THE OTHERS in comparison to the one that has won - i dont even know how thats possible? - who the hell would vote for the worst design there? I think Number 6, 3, and 4 are beautiful.

1.)
https://i.imgur.com/lVwbsTE.png

2.)
https://i.imgur.com/RvKFjN0.png

3.)
http://www.pictureshack.us/images/81156_cinnil.png

4.)
http://i.snag.gy/Ys2Am.jpg

5.)
http://s8.postimg.org/as1ho5ufp/cinnicoin_2.png

6.)
http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/971261tlchargement.jpg

I like the logos 3 and 6

I wouldn't mind 4 or 6
Nutzfleisch

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:49:08 PM

I would still prefer number 2 if it wouldn´t be so "hard".
tevayo

Activity: 620
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:08:15 PM

3 o 4
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:15:39 PM

3 is better
haggis

Activity: 984
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:33:06 PM

3 or even better: 6

1 and 2 make the C looking like an F.
brookefinancial

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 09:15:47 PM

Dont even think about #6

Grin

3D Printing and Bitcoin, that's pretty cool.
Raistilin

Activity: 48

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 12:02:28 AM

#6 but if that's not an option 3 or 4
nicklucky123

Activity: 107

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 12:37:06 AM

Any update? thanks!
GumtreeMan

Activity: 6

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 08:45:38 AM

Hi All - As a total newbie to this sort of thing, I got into Cinni a couple of months back before the big downturn in price.  Recently I have tried to transfer funds from my wallet to someone as payment for stuff but the transaction never seems to go through and the coins are not returned to me  Sad.  I was told that I needed to remove the wallet.dat file and replace it with a backup from before the transactions and then 'install' and older version of the block files and restart the wallet program.  Once it had synced back all my coins would be returned to me.  Well I have been through this process about 3 times now and every time I seem to have less and less coins in my wallet when it is finished, AND when I compare it with the Cinnichain site it indicates that my wallet has only about 60% of the coins that I am 'supposed' to have and there are almost and extra 1000 transactions.

Can someone tell me what might be wrong.  Is my wallet broken?  Is the CinniChain site in error?

Thanks in advance

likely your missing coins are in your change addresses.  you will need the original wallet.dat to reclaim those change addresses, this is part of how bitcoin works when you spend coins it will use a hidden address in your wallet.dat to seen the change from partial spends to.  eg you have 100 coins sent to your address, it is 1 input of 100 coins.  Now you want to send 10 coins to Sally, it doesnt deduct 10, it spends the full 100 in the following way 10 coins to Sallys address and 90 coins are sent to your change address which is hidden from view but can be viewed in coincontrol window.  Its impossible to only spend part of an input in any altcoin or bitcoin.  You need to dump the privatekey for that address and import that into your new wallet.dat

heres some further info about change addresses which everyone new to bitcoin or altcoins should know

I would like draw everyone attention to this article,  it has some important information and examples of how change addresses work and it is the same for bitcoin, cinni and every other altcoin that exists. Everyone should read it so they can understand better how transactions work.

Important parts to read are "How Bitcoin Transactions Work" and "Preventing and Recovering from Change Address Disasters"

OK I have figures out how to get the privatekey on my wallet  Cheesy, and gone to do the import but there is a parameter that I don't understand in the import string which is likely causing the error  Huh Huh  importprivkey <CinniCoinprivkey> [label]  - what it the [label] - and this is the error that is returned "Error adding key to wallet (code -4)"

Thanks again for sharing your wisdom
gr8n8

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 09:43:56 AM

Thanks in advance

OK I have figures out how to get the privatekey on my wallet  Cheesy, and gone to do the import but there is a parameter that I don't understand in the import string which is likely causing the error  Huh Huh  importprivkey <CinniCoinprivkey> [label]  - what it the [label] - and this is the error that is returned "Error adding key to wallet (code -4)"

Thanks again for sharing your wisdom

my understanding is the label is if you want to give that key a name (for your own tracking purposes)- you don't need it you can leave it blank
and i think i remember getting error code 4 when i was trying to import keys that the wallet already contained.
Pages: « 1 ... 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 [649] 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 »
  Print  

Jump to: