Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 06:07:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] IPO of MaidSafe:  Entering the Future of the Decentralized Internet  (Read 579343 times)
testconpastas2

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 05:04:28 AM

so lets do this

One way would be to send a % of BTC back to the BTC addresses to make equal to MSC.  Lets see how legit they are.

We will call this Proof of Legitimacy. POL.

Crypto are unique in that we have a mechanism that is open, and relatively easy to do so that all IPO people in BTC can be put back to actual MSC / BTC rate. MS even have the list of all BTC addresses.

This would probably set MS apart from all other IPO's, in the world, ever, and set a precedent of all IPO in crypto in the future. It would set the bar. It would also make MS be legit, and avoid endless scam at ts genesis.

What will MS's IPO POL be, 0 or 100%, its not like they cant do this thing. They admit they were is error.

+1
If unfair price was a fact. they should try to fix it.

Bitmessage: BM-2DAetLWJBKWHZoPbNCgg5z8jwaPpDYWwd4
gpg key id:C6EF5CE3

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 05:23:17 AM

I'm just here for the gangbang.  I have no stake in maidsafe or mastercoin.
Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 05:31:50 AM

I'm just here for the gangbang.  I have no stake in maidsafe or mastercoin.

sorry I would edit previous posts but would be a bit wordy to change to "you're all fucking idiots here with the exception of one fellow who's just here for the gang bang"
BitAddict
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:05:41 AM
Last edit: May 02, 2014, 10:35:02 AM by BitAddict

The big problem here is that MaidSafe Team was also scammed by MSC... Now they're holding 20% of total MSC supply... and practically that's worth nearly nothing...
The only winners are MSC big holders, who dumped their useless coins.

They wanted over $6 million, but they raised "only" $3 million. This could lead to a liquidity problem or to a second round of crowsale... who knows.

At this stage I think they can't do anything to help themselves or BTC users. If they try to compensate BTC users "printing" more MaidSafe for them, would be really unfair for the BTC users who bought MSC for the "promotion".
Also remember that a lot of BTC users were burned because they bought MSC at ~0.15 and because they got 3h late, now they are with a 50% loss. Even worse, if they bought a big quantity, now they can't dump them, because only $50k in MSC orderbooks. Sadly, they're now bagholders.

The rules were clear before the start. Stop being denial, was our fault for not doing proper calculations before investing. All was public and MSC sales were closed after 3 hours, so we could have avoided this IPO "scam".
Easier said than done... I also lost money. However now I'm happy, because I took a loss, but I'm holding my precious bitcoins again.
It was scary as hell that after IPO ended some people were dumping their MAID at -50% value (bitcoin IPO), just after bitcoin crowdsale being funded in only 48h.

The average IPO sale was around ~2,300 satoshis, but remember that some guys are able to dump at ~1,300 without loses.
Chang Hum

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:15:42 AM

The big problem here is that MaidSafe Team was also scammed by MSC... Now they're holding 20% of total MSC supply... and practically that's worth nearly nothing...

They wanted over $6 million, but they raised "only" $3 million. This could lead to a liquidity problem or to a second round of crowsale... who knows.

At this stage I think they can't do anything to help themselves or BTC users. If they try to compensate BTC users "printing" more MaidSafe for them, would be really unfair for the BTC users who bought MSC for the "promotion".
Also remember that a lot of BTC users were burned because they bought MSC at ~0.15 and because they got 3h late, now they are with a 50% loss. Even worse, if they bought a big quantity, now they can't dump them, because only $50k in MSC mastercoins. Sadly, they're now bagholders.

The rules were clear before the start. Stop being denial, was our fault for not doing proper calculations before investing. All was public and MSC sales were closed after 3 hours, so we could have avoided this IPO "scam".
Easier said than done... I also lost money. However now I'm happy, because I took a loss, but I'm holding my precious bitcoins again.
It was scary as hell that after IPO ended some people were dumping their MAID at -50% value (bitcoin IPO), just after bitcoin crowdsale being funded in only 48h.

The average IPO sale was around ~2,300 satoshis, but remember that some guys are able to dump at ~1,300 without loses.

Yeah I think that was all me and I was in Bitcoin to begin with and still made about 5 bitcoin profit out of this whole thing!
BitAddict
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:18:54 AM

"This gave us cause for concern, but experts in the field reassured us the MSC part of sale would be minimal."

They can't expect this when offering a 3:1 better offer when paying with MSC.
The question is, are they idiots or liying?

"Days before the sale we found out the loan amount of MSC would not cover the bitcoin part of the sale, this floored us. A date was set, we had done loads of meetings, talks and interviews stating this. Was MaidSafe going to fail in such a huge step? No we were determined not to. It was suggested we could set the MSC -> BTC rate at 0.3 or 0.4 which we read and nearly collapsed. This was 3 or 4 times market value, how would this be possible. We were convinced to set a rate of 0.2 and the sale could be funded to make sure BTC holders were covered. Again it was stated that MSC would not be above 25% of the sale."

I have no words for this  Shocked Shocked Shocked

Source: http://metaquestions.me/2014/05/01/surviving-a-crowd-sale/
Chang Hum

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:23:44 AM

"This gave us cause for concern, but experts in the field reassured us the MSC part of sale would be minimal."

"Days before the sale we found out the loan amount of MSC would not cover the bitcoin part of the sale, this floored us. A date was set, we had done loads of meetings, talks and interviews stating this. Was MaidSafe going to fail in such a huge step? No we were determined not to. It was suggested we could set the MSC -> BTC rate at 0.3 or 0.4 which we read and nearly collapsed. This was 3 or 4 times market value, how would this be possible. We were convinced to set a rate of 0.2 and the sale could be funded to make sure BTC holders were covered. Again it was stated that MSC would not be above 25% of the sale."

Exactly are they idiots or lying?

The more you read about this the more bizzare it get's. What I find staggering is that so far it seems like you, me and the author of the article in my sig are pretty much the only people to see this clearly.

newuser01

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:33:44 AM

Exactly are they idiots or lying?

The more you read about this the more bizzare it get's. What I find staggering is that so far it seems like you, me and the author of the article in my sig are pretty much the only people to see this clearly.

I think they are idiots that thought they could get away with it and end up lying their way out of it.

This whole IPCO was just a big scam and I would advise people to keep their money away from maidsafe.

The level of incompetence is absurd.. If they honestly didn't understand how the IPCO would go down, I would never ever trust them with my money.. You don't need to have a major in economics to see this coming, just have something(anything) inside your head.
newuser01

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:52:45 AM

Too bad they didn't just allow BTC's, then it would have been equal for everyone AND they would have received more money.

The level of incompetence is just staggering really.
Chang Hum

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 09:02:33 AM

Too bad they didn't just allow BTC's, then it would have been equal for everyone AND they would have received more money.

Mastercoin people actually advised them:

a) it wasn't possible to send assets in this way (clearly a lie)
b) the solution was to set the price at nearly 4 times the market rate and purchase 20% of all mastercoins in existence with investor funds (clearly insane)

Why people think a team this stupid or corrupt is capable of producing anything other than this ponzi scheme to turn a profit on their investments beyond me.

It's sad this robbery happened in broad daylight with people shouting stop!
newuser01

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 09:09:48 AM

Mastercoin people actually advised them:

a) it wasn't possible to send assets in this way (clearly a lie)
b) the solution was to set the price at nearly 4 times the market rate and purchase 20% of all mastercoins in existence with investor funds (clearly insane)

Why people think a team this stupid or corrupt is capable of producing anything other than this ponzi scheme to turn a profit on their investments beyond me.

It's sad this robbery happened in broad daylight with people shouting stop!

This is what I have been saying..

If they are so incompetent they didn't realize this is how it was going to go down, why on earth would anyone give them their money? they have already showed that they do not understand basic logic.
biggzi

Activity: 543

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 10:23:49 AM

Wow ladies hand bags at dawn!

The IPO clearly wasn't run correctly, we all know this. I personally believe that the Maidsafe team knew there were risks involved with their IPO strategy but overlooked them as small risks to what the benefits raised through the Mastercoin/Maid partnership.  These risks clearly came to fruition having a much larger impact then they first thought.  We have to remember the maidsafe team have also taken a big loss here.

Now being a BTC investor tbh I knew the risks to start with, Maidsafe were very open about the Mastercoin strategy before the safe but I did not worry myself with the complications of earning a few extra maidsafe coins.  At the end of the day, like most investors I could probably imagine we're in this for the long haul.  Its got nothing to do with a quick win, it is about supporting the Maidsafe project and hoping that it will pay off much MUCH further down the line. I couldn't give a crap about MSC investors dumping coins below IPO value, that's up to them hopefully they will be kicking themselves a couple of years from now when safecoins are floating at a healthy value.

At the end of the day BTC investors were promised 17,000 maid for 1 btc (+40% bonus) and thats what was delivered. Nothing more, nothing less. Don't get me wrong I still feel for those who lost out on the BTC > MSC > BTC but this sale was very unpredictable and as they say "the early bird gets the worm".

At the end of the day it's over with now, instead of bickering on here like little children lets all sit back, take a deep breath, hold onto our maidsafe coins and lets see how this really plays out in the long term. Finger pointing and jumping to conclusions mid game is a pointless waste of energy and oxygen. The starting pistol has fired. If your in the race just keep running.

And for those of your who didn't invest and are still complaining. Why? Are you that concerned for other forum members well-being or are you just seeking the attention?

My 2 cents.
littleblue

Activity: 285

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 10:30:46 AM

Also remember that a lot of BTC users were burned because they bought MSC at ~0.15 and because they got 3h late, now they are with a 50% loss. Even worse, if they bought a big quantity, now they can't dump them, because only $50k in MSC mastercoins. Sadly, they're now bagholders.

I think you are right...
Bimmerhead
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 12:15:14 PM

The IPO clearly wasn't run correctly, we all know this. I personally believe that the Maidsafe team knew there were risks involved with their IPO strategy but overlooked them as small risks to what the benefits raised through the Mastercoin/Maid partnership.  These risks clearly came to fruition having a much larger impact then they first thought.  We have to remember the maidsafe team have also taken a big loss here.

Now being a BTC investor tbh I knew the risks to start with, Maidsafe were very open about the Mastercoin strategy before the safe but I did not worry myself with the complications of earning a few extra maidsafe coins.  At the end of the day, like most investors I could probably imagine we're in this for the long haul.  Its got nothing to do with a quick win, it is about supporting the Maidsafe project and hoping that it will pay off much MUCH further down the line. I couldn't give a crap about MSC investors dumping coins below IPO value, that's up to them hopefully they will be kicking themselves a couple of years from now when safecoins are floating at a healthy value.

At the end of the day BTC investors were promised 17,000 maid for 1 btc (+40% bonus) and thats what was delivered. Nothing more, nothing less. Don't get me wrong I still feel for those who lost out on the BTC > MSC > BTC but this sale was very unpredictable and as they say "the early bird gets the worm".

At the end of the day it's over with now, instead of bickering on here like little children lets all sit back, take a deep breath, hold onto our maidsafe coins and lets see how this really plays out in the long term. Finger pointing and jumping to conclusions mid game is a pointless waste of energy and oxygen. The starting pistol has fired. If your in the race just keep running.

And for those of your who didn't invest and are still complaining. Why? Are you that concerned for other forum members well-being or are you just seeking the attention?

My 2 cents.
+1
thank you for bringing some sanity to this discussion
pastet89

Activity: 378
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 02:43:10 PM

Well, I must accept that this IPO was a world record. Now what will happen after launch we are still to see...

Cryptostats.es
oldnbold

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 03:13:51 PM

As a BTC investor i effectively paid a premium for my MSAFE but i'm in this for the long term so agree with biggzi and others that people need to move on but if there's going to a long term the development team need to become a lot more commercially aware.
Jocuserious

Activity: 1935
Merit: 290

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 04:27:38 PM

My 2 cents.

Yeppers...
RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 05:15:45 PM

As a BTC investor i effectively paid a premium for my MSAFE but i'm in this for the long term so agree with biggzi and others that people need to move on but if there's going to a long term the development team need to become a lot more commercially aware.
We have about 5 loud mouth idiots screaming and crying.  MaidSafe can't spend their day trying to explain things to them.  The funds are a bit short.  Time to work to move forward and get the MaidSafe network running on the money they have.  Looking back and trying to appease that idiot ChungDungHum is the only threat to a very successful MaidSafe network. 

When the BTC investors have 10X on their money, they will be a little more satisfied.  The MSC investors better find a way to return their ill gotton profits back to the Mastercoin community / foundation. 

Let's face it, the guys selling their MaidSafe today are the MSC whale trying to realize their profits and convert them to BTC.  This bullshit has to stop.  MaidSafe price, if the IPO went cleanly would probably be somewhere around .0006 by now and everyone would be very happy. 

The MSC whale sell off is killing MaidSafe and Mastercoin.  Stop it now.  The MSC whales should suck it up and buy MaidSafe on the open market.

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 05:23:02 PM

We have about 5 loud mouth idiots screaming and crying.  MaidSafe can't spend their day trying to explain things to them.  The funds are a bit short.  Time to work to move forward and get the MaidSafe network running on the money they have.  Looking back and trying to appease that idiot ChungDungHum is the only threat to a very successful MaidSafe network. 

When the BTC investors have 10X on their money, they will be a little more satisfied.  The MSC investors better find a way to return their ill gotton profits back to the Mastercoin community / foundation. 

Let's face it, the guys selling their MaidSafe today are the MSC whale trying to realize their profits and convert them to BTC.  This bullshit has to stop.  MaidSafe price, if the IPO went cleanly would probably be somewhere around .0006 by now and everyone would be very happy. 

The MSC whale sell off is killing MaidSafe and Mastercoin.  Stop it now.  The MSC whales should suck it up and buy MaidSafe on the open market.

The MSC sell off is coming from China, and is a direct result of your insults.
ejinte

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 06:04:50 PM

The MSC sell off is coming from China, and is a direct result of your insults.
Of course it's because of China. Every time crypto currencies dive in price it's because of Chine.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.6%-1% House Edge
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: