Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:14:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 427 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karma / ₭ / X11  (Read 583025 times)
Alphi

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:39:57 AM

congratulations we just broke half a million dollars market cap and number 35 crypto coin list. Grin

Yeah, I didn't expect the price to go up this high. The volume is still low, though, so I'm sitting here hopeful it'll drop back down so I can buy more, :p.

yeah I think it has something to do with people fleeing darkcoin because it forked, many people probably had the wrong impression that only low hash coins can get forked...
that and all the new money that has come into bitcoin lately.
one of the golden rules of stock market trading is that if a stock rises on no news then it will usually gradually float back to where it was originally.
I'm not too worried, I made a nice little bundle out of todays excitement and I am more than happy that my coins are being spread around amongst new people.
people who will hopefully stick around and add to the community.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:40:56 AM

just did a quick rundown of the pools

we should add up our hash-rates and distribute them among the pools that have 0-1 miners.

with just 5mh/s a pool will find a block every 2 hours.

http://karma.poolsofhonor.com/ (2 miners @3MH/s)

http://karma.p2pool.altcoin.dk/ (6 miners @6MH/s)

http://pool.terahashers.com (1 miner @300KH/s)

http://karma.miners-point.com/ (4 miners @6MH/s)

http://hasher.ca (1 miner @250KH/s)

http://chunkypools.com/karm (0 miners)

http://karma.hashstrike.com (down)

http://xhash.net (19 miners @35MH/s)

http://karm.multi-pool.eu (212 miners @505MH/s)

i am mining 1mh/s at karma.p2pool.altcoin.dk and i will move that to one of the other pools with <6MH/s when the pool has 1MH/s extra.

i was mining reddcoins/renting out my mining rig, but karmas mining situation is totally fucked so i am back mining karmas for the health of the network.

(yes i forgot poolsofhonor i am gonna edit it)

please use any other pool except http://karm.multi-pool.eu (212 miners @799.368 MH/s)  to help us stabilize the network
bitwho
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:46:58 AM

https://twitter.com/Poloniex

tweet them to add karma : )
Mpare

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:59:38 AM

OMG..i'm hungry and want to sleep and i couldn't stop reading the last 10 pages for the past 2 hours. Really really interesting stuff! I mean..come on guys, do you have to make this coin so damn successful?? Tongue
CatKiwi

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 03:09:44 AM

congratulations we just broke half a million dollars market cap and number 35 crypto coin list. Grin

Yeah, I didn't expect the price to go up this high. The volume is still low, though, so I'm sitting here hopeful it'll drop back down so I can buy more, :p.

yeah I think it has something to do with people fleeing darkcoin because it forked, many people probably had the wrong impression that only low hash coins can get forked...
one of the golden rules of stock market trading is that if a stock rises on no news then it will usually gradually float back to where it was originally.
I'm not too worried, I made a nice little bundle out of todays excitement and I am more than happy that my coins are being spread around amongst new people.

I also sold 174,500,000 Coins today from 66 (20% above my original buy in) up to 96. Only a mug would hold their coins when a pump like this comes along - We saw what happened before, massive 300% rise and then a drop day on day until 33 Litoshi, the previous stable point. We will eventually drop back down to 47-49 Litoshi. The secret is to "buy the rumor and sell the news" - Karm was just fine yesterday at 47 Litoshi - it has not suddenly become God's gift to mankind nor has it suddenly become widely known - its a big ol' pump and the dump will hopefully not be to brutal on those who bought at 96 but it will come. Even DRK has dumped down to the previous stable threshold of 0.01 after its rise to 0.0268. Don't make the mistake I did and hold on the all time highs - great chance to make more Karma when it dumps.

EDIT: I am aware of one person in particular who pumped 140 LTC into Karma starting at 51 Litoshi 2 days ago in order to try and make back what he lost on Blackcoin - be aware that most people are not buying because they believe in the coin, rather because it presents a rather tasty opportunity to make a quick profit to reinvest in one of the big coins such as DRK (which is extremely low right now as it is).

That just seems to be the way Crypto traders work. PND was the last example of this occuring in the Litecoin market.

bitwho
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 03:14:55 AM

^^ true words in general.

Only i will never sell my coins liek this. As i have doen with other coins. what i sell i never get back. i might make a gaining but never i was able to get the same amount back. especially with this coin. a lot of people belive in it and they want to hold it. : )

PS : http://whatmine.com/contacts.php  please let them know about karma and to add it
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 03:22:29 AM

I also sold 174,500,000 Coins today from 66 (20% above my original buy in) up to 96. Only a mug would hold their coins when a pump like this comes along - We saw what happened before, massive 300% rise and then a drop day on day until 33 Litoshi, the previous stable point. We will eventually drop back down to 47-49 Litoshi. The secret is to "buy the rumor and sell the news" - Karm was just fine yesterday at 47 Litoshi - it has not suddenly become God's gift to mankind nor has it suddenly become widely known - its a big ol' pump and the dump will hopefully not be to brutal on those who bought at 96 but it will come. Even DRK has dumped down to the previous stable threshold of 0.01 after its rise to 0.0268. Don't make the mistake I did and hold on the all time highs - great chance to make more Karma when it dumps.

EDIT: I am aware of one person in particular who pumped 140 LTC into Karma starting at 51 Litoshi 2 days ago in order to try and make back what he lost on Blackcoin - be aware that most people are not buying because they believe in the coin, rather because it presents a rather tasty opportunity to make a quick profit to reinvest in one of the big coins such as DRK (which is extremely low right now as it is).

That just seems to be the way Crypto traders work. PND was the last example of this occuring in the Litecoin market.

I have the feeling we're going to see a drop down to lower 40's due to a massive dump. Were there a lot more volume I think it would be more sustainable, but the fact is that we have very little still (at least on Cryptsy) so the drop is going to be fast and hard.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
bitwho
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 03:34:07 AM

we'll see. around 30 btc in buy volume between mintpal and cryptsy. all those investors thought 60-80 litoshis is a good price. they will eat it up if it reaches low 60s
CatKiwi

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 03:36:55 AM

I have the feeling we're going to see a drop down to lower 40's due to a massive dump. Were there a lot more volume I think it would be more sustainable, but the fact is that we have very little still (at least on Cryptsy) so the drop is going to be fast and hard.

Agree - A little trick I use for judging whether a pump consists of Many people buying as opposed to a couple of big buys, or whether it is sustainable to keep going up ; Is to look at the time between orders. If you see say 15 orders at the same time it is a one person buy up, if you then see nothign for several minutes at a time or longer then you can be sure it is just one  or a handful of people acting.

What we see with Karma is a trickle of orders, with a lot of time in-between. Occasionally, due to artificial lack of supply (people holding them in Karmashares or in their wallets) as opposed to genuine scarcity (the coin is still being mined by the 100s of millions each day) the price spikes when say 100 LTC is bought - this is NOT a sign that the coin is going "to the moon" - its a correction that must occur to keep the price and reward from mining Karma in check with the price on Mintpal. Karma is currently being hit with ASICs which is forcing the nethash up drastically - this means in order for the coin to be moderate profitable to mine the price must 'correct'.

It will interesting to see what happens from here - I predict it will level out with low volume and people will start to realise it aint going anywhere, that is when the first 20 or 30LTC sell will be placed which sparks the chain reaction down due to lack of substantial buy support.

Id be surprised if it goes much lower than 47 - although sometimes a coin will in fact dump even lower than the previous stable threshold due to people losing confidence in the buy support e.g. "shit, it failed to break X litoshi again, time to go down."

Fun and games whatever happens.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 03:40:13 AM

Agree - A little trick I use for judging whether a pump consists of Many people buying as opposed to a couple of big buys, or whether it is sustainable to keep going up ; Is to look at the time between orders. If you see say 15 orders at the same time it is a one person buy up, if you then see nothign for several minutes at a time or longer then you can be sure it is just one  or a handful of people acting.

What we see with Karma is a trickle of orders, with a lot of time in-between. Occasionally, due to artificial lack of supply (people holding them in Karmashares or in their wallets) as opposed to genuine scarcity (the coin is still being mined by the 100s of millions each day) the price spikes when say 100 LTC is bought - this is NOT a sign that the coin is going "to the moon" - its a correction that must occur to keep the price and reward from mining Karma in check with the price on Mintpal. Karma is currently being hit with ASICs which is forcing the nethash up drastically - this means in order for the coin to be moderate profitable to mine the price must 'correct'.

It will interesting to see what happens from here - I predict it will level out with low volume and people will start to realise it aint going anywhere, that is when the first 20 or 30LTC sell will be placed which sparks the chain reaction down due to lack of substantial buy support.

Id be surprised if it goes much lower than 47 - although sometimes a coin will in fact dump even lower than the previous stable threshold due to people losing confidence in the buy support e.g. "shit, it failed to break X litoshi again, time to go down."

The other thing to look at is news. What new information has come out over the past, say 48h? Nothing.

We will most definitely see REAL pumps later when the projects start going "live," but this isn't the right time.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Alphi

Activity: 798

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 03:45:50 AM

good play but I would like to add.. you should never exit a position entirely... there is always a chance that things could go higher or a new base could form right under the days high... the most prudent thing to do is hold a little coin just in case. PoW coins are deflationary by nature. That means if the economy expands quicker than the coin supply then it becomes very difficult for the price to drop back down again and virtually impossible for it to stay down...

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
bitwho
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 04:18:34 AM

Agree - A little trick I use for judging whether a pump consists of Many people buying as opposed to a couple of big buys, or whether it is sustainable to keep going up ; Is to look at the time between orders. If you see say 15 orders at the same time it is a one person buy up, if you then see nothign for several minutes at a time or longer then you can be sure it is just one  or a handful of people acting.

The other thing to look at is news. What new information has come out over the past, say 48h? Nothing.

We will most definitely see REAL pumps later when the projects start going "live," but this isn't the right time.

while true, i think so far we have genuine buy backs. therefore do no expect this coins to come showing up in sell order for another 30-40 ltc higher. the only people dumping are the miners as it seems. having 100 mills coins mined. it is proven to show that this coin price has been underlined for a while.

the constant buyer i believe are people who are recently discovering this , some dedicated members and few trades looking for a good trade. I doubt this will hit 40 litoshis prices as it will need to sell back those 800mill coins already bought.

as far as new news? the news have always been there. the team is constantly build things to support new comers. we are trying to make everything transparent at http://karmashares.com/forums/index.php forum. i believe karma is still underground and not a lot of people are are of it. when this coin first lucnhed everyone was here. they all loved it. But then the new fad of N-scrypt coins to IPO to x11 coins started and they realized that this coin will take for ever to make them a quick buck and they started to follow the trend. when BTC crashed in $400 it caused our coin to crush. Leaving who ever else was interested to abandon ship. they thought to sell it before it too late.

After some very hard work the team has made sure this coin to be alive and slowly grow back. Therefore i believe as people see the thread being bumped the probably ignore it thinking its the last dying members. But then slowly by slowly everyone is coming back as they finaly see the spike in the prices. then they all rush to buy some

Am i saying that the coin is going to go only up no and never back down? of course not. but at 30-40 litoshis this was a level way to low. So if you sell your coins , just know that the coin should not go lowe then 10-20 ltc of each peak. hence my theory that if you bought at 40 Litoshis and sold at 80 litoshis you might make a profit. but you will not be able to buy back as many coins as you owned back. its my theory. as i doubt people will want to sell lower.
kahir
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 05:55:05 AM

wow it nearly touched 100 .... what did i miss
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 05:59:51 AM

wow it nearly touched 100 .... what did i miss

Nothing, really. Someone bought in pretty big and now it looks like it's stabilizing again. Things should be normal soonish when miners get done unloading.

bitwho
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:13:48 AM

one person mention here he bought 2 btcs and an other on reddit. not sure if they are the same people.

Seems like we got ourselves a bot in mintpal. 10000 karma orders up and down to cause a trap.
kosmost

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 06:26:00 AM

Just a plug for our forums (though I know not everyone cares about such discussions):

price discussion = unproductive

value discussion = productive

We discuss price and most of the time it gets us nowhere.

We discuss value and we discover how to make the price go up, creating value for everyone (profits and non-profits alike). And we can do that at http://karmashares.com/forums/index.php

/plug

Workchain – Powering the Decentralized Economy
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:32:28 AM

Just a plug for our forums (though I know not everyone cares about such discussions):

price discussion = unproductive

value discussion = productive

We discuss price and most of the time it gets us nowhere.

We discuss value and we discover how to make the price go up, creating value for everyone (profits and non-profits alike). And we can do that at http://karmashares.com/forums/index.php

/plug

Okay, okay. So on the Karmashares front, any new updates we should all be aware of? Smiley. Almost to the end of the month!

bitwho
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:49:58 AM

https://www.tagboard.com/karmacoin

be kept in the known : )
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:56:48 AM

https://www.tagboard.com/karmacoin

be kept in the known : )

That link is more spammy than anything. It doesn't really help figure out where Karmashares and the LLC is heading; just posts people make about Karma.

p4r4m0un7

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:02:23 AM

Play your games , but let me tell you that I have bought at 8-11 range and some 50 LTC at 46 range. Do you really think that 100 litoshi is a price? Or let me put it this way. Do you think 100 satoshi is? For me this prices are insulting. Start thinking big and I mean BIIIG. Listen to kosmost. Spend some 5 minutes every day for tweet, post in SN or something like that. And remember that out there Warren Buffet is the richest S of B among all of the financial bastards for one simple reason. He is investing. He doesn't speculate. We need to start thinking as investors and see what is good for the value. It is difficult for me to change the way I think, but I am trying. You should too. And then as big community the creative ideas will come. I am sure. Go KARMA!
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 427 »
  Print  

Jump to: