Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:50:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 [194] 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 ... 427 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karma / ₭ / X11  (Read 583017 times)
Alphi

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:47:05 AM

Exchanges: Price Karma as price per 1,000 Karma in Bitcoin

For this to be implemented it requires just 2 things:
1. The community to agree that it is a good idea; and
2. The exchange to do the implementation.

1) the community need not agree, they have no say in how the exchanges operate.

2) as for the last bright idea to reverse split karma 1 for 1000 (which thankfully did not go through)... just take look at SAT2.. after the split the price of SAT2 tanked.

3) you advocated for the move to the BTC market, you advocated for the BTC market not to open until after the block reward drop. you got exactly what you wanted.. why no happy face? is it because the price didn't skyrocket as you expected?

4) mintpal is currently undergoing a change of ownership they are also suffering large volume losses caused by the VRC hack that almost killed their exchange. As a results they have tightened procedures and are now spring cleaning and chopping the weaker coins from their markets. So to me it would seem like not a good time to push them to do even more work.

only one saying comes to mind... be careful what you wish for.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
easteagle13

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:59:01 AM

2) as for the last bright idea to reverse split karma 1 for 1000 (which thankfully did not go through)... just take look at SAT2.. after the split the price of SAT2 tanked.

3) you advocated for the move to the BTC market, you advocated for the BTC market not to open until after the block reward drop. you got exactly what you wanted.. why no happy face? is it because the price didn't skyrocket as you expected?

4) mintpal is currently undergoing a change of ownership they are also suffering large volume losses caused by the VRC hack that almost killed their exchange. As a results they have tightened procedures and are now spring cleaning and chopping the weaker coins from their markets. So to me it would seem like not a good time to push them to do even more work.

+1

TIP ME ₭ARMA:  KJeEKJv1LXHM8cYeRgQG3q87BFA4W3sTGg  FOR KARMA TRANSLATION BUDGET SEND TO: KHvkhA7RTFnG8N5RWPB48gs2y8K1od6xF4
OFF. ₭ARMA FB PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/karmacoin.me. http://lill.com
semidead

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 08:01:25 AM

Ya'll got any more of dem, KARMAs?

kosmost

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 08:20:14 AM
Last edit: July 30, 2014, 08:32:24 AM by kosmost

1) Of course, a vote is not required. Since it is a Karma issue. However, we tend to get feedback from the community before decisions are made. (This is not to say that the community has control over decision-making. it is the same as any other coin, except we usually ask for feedback.)

2) All ideas are welcome. Of course. We don't want to kill babies Smiley

3) no response, as it wouldn't be productive

4) I would argue that they're looking for legitimate coins. Karma(coin) was their second coin, and actually the coin that put Mintpal on the map. We're also legitimate, and would want them to know that we're serious about our success and actually have plans for ourselves. It could be said that we'd want to fortify our relationship further by working with Mintpal on changes that could possibly help us both. Mintpal needs volume (and transaction fees). It's possible that Karma could once again be their top coin.

We don't know which are good ideas and which are not. That's why we discuss, debate, explore, and sometime impkement.

I would say let's bring all ideas to the table and discuss them, as adults with goals tend to do. We can explore which of those may possibly be good but of course we won't know until well after an idea is implemented, if ever.

You are welcome to bring more of your own ideas to the table, of course. The more detail, the better.

When people have ideas I usually ask something like, "That sounds interesting. When can you start working on it?" I'd say that 95% fall silent because they don't actually want to do anything; just talk. Talking is good but it doesn't do the work.

To have an idea and be willing to take responsibility for its success or failure is something to be commended. Embracing possible failure is what separates the successful from the unsuccessful. It's also a sign of maturity.

Workchain – Powering the Decentralized Economy
Alphi

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:15:47 AM

1) Of course, a vote is not required. Since it is a Karma issue. However, we tend to get feedback from the community before decisions are made. (This is not to say that the community has control over decision-making. it is the same as any other coin, except we usually ask for feedback.)

4) I would argue that they're looking for legitimate coins. Karma(coin) was their second coin, and actually the coin that put Mintpal on the map. We're also legitimate, and would want them to know that we're serious about our success and actually have plans for ourselves. It could be said that we'd want to fortify our relationship further by working with Mintpal on changes that could possibly help us both. Mintpal needs volume (and transaction fees). It's possible that Karma could once again be their top coin.

We don't know which are good ideas and which are not. That's why we discuss, debate, explore, and sometime impkement.

I would say let's bring all ideas to the table and discuss them, as adults with goals tend to do. We can explore which of those may possibly be good but of course we won't know until well after an idea is implemented, if ever.

You are welcome to bring more of your own ideas to the table, of course. The more detail, the better.

When people have ideas I usually ask something like, "That sounds interesting. When can you start working on it?" I'd say that 95% fall silent because they don't actually want to do anything; just talk. Talking is good but it doesn't do the work.

1) I meant that the community has no say in how an independent entity such as an exchange conducts its business and nor should they expect to.

2) I agree...

4) I would argue that Mintpal lost its volume because it got hacked and then colluded with coin devs to save its (and their) asses. We can be thankful that they did that because we may every well have lost many coins if they went under, but at the very least we should be aware of the ramifications. Trust in mintpal (and all exchanges for that matter) has been broken and it takes time for that trust to come back. This is at the core of the issue and I don't think that pushing mintpal to make changes just to benefit any particular coin will do much good considering how much pressure they are already under just to stay alive.. but by all means suggest it to them if you think its worth it. Personally though I think it would make arbitrage extremely difficult to have prices listed one way on one exchange and listed a completely different way on another exchange and arbitrage is what irons out the volatility and creates stability.

5) you welcome ideas that's great... I have been offering ideas since the second week of this coins life..  selling lil and reinvesting the money would be great, establishing a stability fund that actively trades Karm to reduce the impact price volatility would be great, creating a portal the way VRC does that allows anyone to spend Karma on any bitcoin accepted site would be great. the continuous charity work which is being done by members of the community is great. Porting the counter party protocol onto karma (ala doge party) would be great.

To have an idea and be willing to take responsibility for its success or failure is something to be commended. It's also a sign of maturity.

I agree and i would like to see this happen more often. Also I would add that looking at the success and failures of other coins and learning from them is also a sign of maturity.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
altcoingood

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:44:32 AM

What happens if someone has a lot of KARMA in your wallet, but ... I do not read every day topic here or the official forum??? Most likely you will lose everything just because your wallet is updated and because there is time and opportunity to read the time.
Given the switch to X11 each algorithm must be upgraded wallet? But not everyone will do it, because there is time and opportunity to follow the latest news. What can we do to get notice of an upcoming update to the new wallet to an investor??
To implement a function similar to many programs that communicate which version is the wallet and the date of creation. Whenever there is a mandatory or recommended a new update, the trigger function will report wallet for the new update.
In this way everyone will know that you need to update! It's important to make before moving to X11 to no then ... oh dear mother!
Please comment and whether the idea is applicable!
Greetings!

You will not lose any coin if you forget about karma even for 1 year in your old wallet software.
What happens is that transactions done with the old wallet software after 31 July will not be valid.

Everyone should update to the new wallet software before they perform some operation in the network (e.g. send Karma to someone).

It is just a good practise to do it as soon as possible, so that you will not forget do do it.

Sorry, but.....http://karmashares.com/forums/index.php/topic,504.msg2722.html#msg2722

It says:  You can download and use this now. No need to wait for block 255,000. You must install this before July 31, 2014. Otherwise you may lose your Karma.

Yes, you can and should download it now.

About losing your coins...
That is the worst possible case (and not likely) if you use the old wallet after 31 July.
I do not even know if that is possible...

What would most likely happen would be that the network would invalidade transaction made with the old wallet.
(please correct me if I'm wrong)
it's a HARD fork, which means that any version of the wallet <0.8.6.5 will not be able to sync to the blockchain, the new wallets will just no accept connection from old wallets.

you CAN send transactions out with an old client but they won't be picked up by the blockchain hence you will be sending your karma into oblivion.

hope that clears it up.
p4r4m0un7

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:48:18 AM

1) I meant that the community has no say in how an independent entity such as an exchange conducts its business and nor should they expect to.

2) I agree...

4) I would argue that Mintpal lost its volume because it got hacked and then colluded with coin devs to save its (and their) asses. We can be thankful that they did that because we may every well have lost many coins if they went under, but at the very least we should be aware of the ramifications. Trust in mintpal (and all exchanges for that matter) has been broken and it takes time for that trust to come back. This is at the core of the issue and I don't think that pushing mintpal to make changes just to benefit any particular coin will do much good considering how much pressure they are already under just to stay alive.. but by all means suggest it to them if you think its worth it. Personally though I think it would make arbitrage extremely difficult to have prices listed one way on one exchange and listed a completely different way on another exchange and arbitrage is what irons out the volatility and creates stability.

5) you welcome ideas that's great... I have been offering ideas since the second week of this coins life..  selling lil and reinvesting the money would be great, establishing a stability fund that actively trades Karm to reduce the impact price volatility would be great, creating a portal the way VRC does that allows anyone to spend Karma on any bitcoin accepted site would be great. the continuous charity work which is being done by members of the community is great. Porting the counter party protocol onto karma (ala doge party) would be great.

To have an idea and be willing to take responsibility for its success or failure is something to be commended. It's also a sign of maturity.

I agree and i would like to see this happen more often. Also I would add that looking at the success and failures of other coins and learning from them is also a sign of maturity.

Alphi, can you be more specific and give more details about stability fund and portal, so I can add these propositions here - http://karmashares.com/forums/index.php/topic,516.msg2787.html#msg2787
Alphi

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:57:56 AM

Alphi, can you be more specific and give more details about stability fund and portal, so I can add these propositions here - http://karmashares.com/forums/index.php/topic,516.msg2787.html#msg2787

Veribit article is here.. its actually quite easy to implement.

http://www.coindesk.com/vericoin-altcoin-spend-wherever-bitcoin-accepted/

the stability fund argument is here:

http://www.nautiluscoin.com/stability-fund/

this is no different from the fund (ie huge stash of Karma) that Karmashares holds only that instead of just holding it an experienced trader is actively using some of the coins to buy and sell in order to give the coin more volume and price stability.

altcoingood

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:12:01 AM

altcoingood. Is your p2pool all set to mine X11 ?

yes i have x11-stratums running in test here.

after block 254,999 and before block 255,000 i will switch from scrypt to x11. automagically. _minimal_ downtime

both mpos and p2pool are ready with backup stratums on both (backup stratums in another datacenter than primary stratums).

i can handle up to 16,000 clients on the current setup.

doing good is good.
easteagle13

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:17:30 AM

To anyone who would like to get an easy 1000 karma just for the fun of it.

http://www.reddit.com/r/KarmaTeam/comments/2c4nnl/got_karma/

follow me on twitter and there's another 1000 karma for using GOT KARMA? in your twitter msg too.

TIP ME ₭ARMA:  KJeEKJv1LXHM8cYeRgQG3q87BFA4W3sTGg  FOR KARMA TRANSLATION BUDGET SEND TO: KHvkhA7RTFnG8N5RWPB48gs2y8K1od6xF4
easteagle13

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:18:09 AM

after block 254,999 and before block 255,000 i will switch from scrypt to x11. automagically. _minimal_ downtime

both mpos and p2pool are ready with backup stratums on both (backup stratums in another datacenter than primary stratums).

doing good is good.

Thanks for this ACG

xfranz

Activity: 252

xHash.net Pools

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 11:08:42 AM

Site: http://xhash.net
Pool address: stratum+tcp://pool.xhash.net:3338

• Over 25 coins
  • Single registration
  • Create workers once
  • DDOS Protected
  • TrollBox
  • VARDIFF
  • Prop payouts
  • Fees 1%

Wallet updated, waiting for the hardfork.

p4r4m0un7

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 11:19:36 AM

Site: http://xhash.net
Pool address: stratum+tcp://pool.xhash.net:3338

• Over 25 coins
  • Single registration
  • Create workers once
  • DDOS Protected
  • TrollBox
  • VARDIFF
  • Prop payouts
  • Fees 1%

Wallet updated, waiting for the hardfork.

This pool have really responsive staff. I can easy recommend them.
p4r4m0un7

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 11:25:26 AM

Veribit article is here.. its actually quite easy to implement.

http://www.coindesk.com/vericoin-altcoin-spend-wherever-bitcoin-accepted/

the stability fund argument is here:

http://www.nautiluscoin.com/stability-fund/

this is no different from the fund (ie huge stash of Karma) that Karmashares holds only that instead of just holding it an experienced trader is actively using some of the coins to buy and sell in order to give the coin more volume and price stability.

Thank you. - http://karmashares.com/forums/index.php/topic,516.msg2827.html#msg2827
ptman

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 11:53:24 AM

doing good is good.

Thanks!
You rock :-D

░███████████████████████████████████████████████████░
███████████████████████████████▒        █████████████
█████████████████████        ██▒        █▒   ▒▒▒█████
█████████████████████        ██▒        ██▒        ██
█████████████████████        ██▒     ██▒          ▒██
███████████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒███        ██▒  ██▒            ▒███
██████████▒       ▒██        ████▒               ████
██████████▒       ▒██       ██            ▒██████████
████████  ▒       ▒██   ▒▓▒            ▒█████████████
██████  ██▒       ▒████▒            ██  █████████████
████▒  ███▒      ██▒            ██▒     █████████████
███▒  ████▒ ▒██▒            ▒███        █████████████
███                     ▒██▒ ██▒        █████████████
███                 ▒██      ██▒        █████████████
█████       ▒▒▓▓▓▒▒██        ██▒        █████████████
██████████▒       ▒██        ██▒        █████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████▀▒▒▒▒                       ▒▒▒▀████████████
██████▒                                    ▒█████████
░█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████░
  ICOBank 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄   ▄▄   ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄
  ICOBank: World's First 3 in 1 Token 
[   Whitepaper   ] [       ANN Thread       ]
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░
████████▀░░░▀█████████████████░
██████▀       ▀████████████████
█████  ░▄███▄  ░███████████████
████░  ██████         ░▀███████
████░  █████████████▄   ░██████
████░  ███████████████  ░░█████
████░  ██████████████▀  ░██████
████░  ██████          ░███████
█████  ██████          ░███████
█████  ▀█████████████▄  ░██████
██████  ▀█████████████  ░░█████
███████▄░  ▀▀███████▀░  ░██████
░████████▄░            ▄███████
░░█████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████▄░░
███████████████████████████░
████████████████▀▀░░░░██████
████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░██████
██████████░░░░░░░░░░░▐██████
███████▀░░░░░░░▄░░░░░▐██████
█████░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░███████
██████░░░░░░█░░░░░░░▐███████
████████▄░░█░░░░░░░░▐███████
███████████▀░░░░░░░░████████
███████████░░▄█▄▄▄░░████████
███████████░▄███████████████
░███████████████████████████
░░▀█████████████████████████

Join PRE-ICO SALE   
    ▶Exchanges
nrg_wolf
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:18:40 PM

is X11 really a good idea considering its the next ASIC/FPGA target.... not to mention FPGA are already being developed....
easteagle13

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:25:07 PM

If you havent stumbled upon this new article from DCGirl:

http://thecoinfront.com/karmacoin-is-reborn-attracts-new-investors/

and our new articles in karmawire: http://karmawire.net/karma-xplode-fire-sale-ends-soon-matter/
http://karmawire.net/cryptocurrencys-1-problem/

Then it's time to use your RSS feed to get instantly updated.

SHARE. when you GOT KARMA!

ptman

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:31:26 PM

Could we do something like these guys for Karma?
Generate high quality paper wallets?

https://bitcoinpaperwallet.com/

░███████████████████████████████████████████████████░
█████████████████████        ██▒        █▒   ▒▒▒█████
█████████████████████        ██▒        ██▒        ██
█████████████████████        ██▒     ██▒          ▒██
███████████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒███        ██▒  ██▒            ▒███
██████████▒       ▒██        ████▒               ████
██████████▒       ▒██       ██            ▒██████████
████████  ▒       ▒██   ▒▓▒            ▒█████████████
██████  ██▒       ▒████▒            ██  █████████████
████▒  ███▒      ██▒            ██▒     █████████████
███▒  ████▒ ▒██▒            ▒███        █████████████
███                     ▒██▒ ██▒        █████████████
███                 ▒██      ██▒        █████████████
█████       ▒▒▓▓▓▒▒██        ██▒        █████████████
██████████▒       ▒██        ██▒        █████████████
█████████▀▒▒▒▒                       ▒▒▒▀████████████
██████▒                                    ▒█████████
░█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████░
  ICOBank 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄   ▄▄   ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄
  ICOBank: World's First 3 in 1 Token 
[   Whitepaper   ] [       ANN Thread       ]
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░
████████▀░░░▀█████████████████░
██████▀       ▀████████████████
█████  ░▄███▄  ░███████████████
████░  ██████         ░▀███████
████░  █████████████▄   ░██████
████░  ███████████████  ░░█████
████░  ██████████████▀  ░██████
████░  ██████          ░███████
█████  ██████          ░███████
█████  ▀█████████████▄  ░██████
██████  ▀█████████████  ░░█████
███████▄░  ▀▀███████▀░  ░██████
░████████▄░            ▄███████
░░█████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████▄░░
███████████████████████████░
████████████████▀▀░░░░██████
████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░██████
██████████░░░░░░░░░░░▐██████
███████▀░░░░░░░▄░░░░░▐██████
█████░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░███████
██████░░░░░░█░░░░░░░▐███████
████████▄░░█░░░░░░░░▐███████
███████████▀░░░░░░░░████████
███████████░░▄█▄▄▄░░████████
███████████░▄███████████████
░███████████████████████████
░░▀█████████████████████████

Join PRE-ICO SALE   
    ▶Exchanges
p4r4m0un7

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:57:12 PM

I was never interested in these. To me, it is simple. Keep wallet.dat offline on at least 2 locations, generate password as long as private key, print it on 2-3 different sheets of paper and everyone is good to go. Else, nobody is safe. I know also some guys, that are keeping their passwords on a protected cloud storage as a picture. But I prefer offline storage.
altcoingood

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 01:13:00 PM

I was never interested in these. To me, it is simple. Keep wallet.dat offline on at least 2 locations, generate password as long as private key, print it on 2-3 different sheets of paper and everyone is good to go. Else, nobody is safe. I know also some guys, that are keeping their passwords on a protected cloud storage as a picture. But I prefer offline storage.
print your private keys and keep them very very very private (they are the signature for your public addresses)...

if you lose your wallet in a digital mayhem you can always scan them in or type them in (good luck) and gain control over your addresses.  

edit: by printing them i mean use your own printer, do not use cloud-based print-services because you need your private keys to be... well private... IANAL YMMV
Pages: « 1 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 [194] 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 ... 427 »
  Print  

Jump to: