Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:24:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 [226] 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 ... 427 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karma / ₭ / X11  (Read 583018 times)
socoban

Activity: 314
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 08:09:58 PM

checked 3 addresses for you pdogg147; 2 are fine, 1 is off.

Yeah, I checked every transaction ID from my wallet and there appears to be a rogue transaction showing on the explorer that got added to my last transaction and is sitting in another wallet to the tune of 8,000,000+ Karma.  My wallet is correct, but the explorer is showing this extra transfer???

Write me more details. I will check it with karma client on blockchain. I restarted tha texplorer multiple times. There could be corrupted data. If those data are on blockchain correctly and wrong on explorer, I will resync it, it should fix it.

Sent you a PM.  I rechecked and the explorer says the same thing.

Ok, it seems explorer is working fine. We discussed the issue and problem was, that he did not know wallet is using internal adresses. So he thought, there is some special transaction spending his money. It was just his wallet sending KARM to his another address.  Mystery solved:)  So are there any other complains?

The balance in my wallet /xxxxxx161.97425805 KARM/ is not the same as in Explorer /xxxxxx126.31866205 KARM/ !!! What caused this difference?

Send me PM with address info and details what is wrong. I will check it on blokchain and compare.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kosmost

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 10:19:29 PM

I agree with you, Karmashares LLC is company owning around 15% of all KARM. It is its largest asset. KarmaShares should create project, paid by KARMA which will have only 1 task. To create profitable backbone of wallets, APIS, servers, tools, documentation and examples how to use KARM. That service should earn huge amount of money from fees in the future. Coinbase/ Bitpay / Blockchain.info earn lot of money from fees. This should be taken as serious bussiness with main goal to earn on KARM. If they got 20%-50% budget of all KARM owned by KARMASHARES, thay will make the rest coins multiple times more expensive. Funny part is, that it is really easy.

We just need to take bitcoin libraries, modify them for KARM and that is all. We will profit on bitcoin services the best possible way. All the POS coins, all the new experiments are doing stupid decision. The more different from BTC they are, the more impossible is to reuse current libraries. Every BTC library was developed by lot of skilled devs, tested by thousands of users. None from us can do that on our own. But we can take it, and modify it for KARM. We are lucky that KARM is not POS, I would not be able to modify insight explorer for KARM than. We need to stay as close to BTC as possible.  NEXT coin is awesome, but they will not be the future. People do not want staff with billion functionalities, it is too complicated. They always pay for easy to use products, with very few functionality and cool design. They will use coins with nice wallets and nice logo rather than coins with all the possible features they do not need.

KarmaShares LLC can make shitload of money on fees if they create centralized KARMA services. Of course, anyoone can create their own services with published libraries, but KarmaShares will be most trusted and always the first choice.

Now there is a smart response!

Workchain – Powering the Decentralized Economy
bitmarket.io
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 10:22:22 PM

that's a sketch ass company name
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 10:26:28 PM

Once the new block explorer has been installed on our server and it has been checked then we can consider this the official block explorer. (Should be by Monday)

This is great work by a member of the Karma community!

Kennet_h

Activity: 60
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 10:48:12 PM

HEAR, HEAR!  Cheesy
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 06:15:50 AM

Once the new block explorer has been installed on our server and it has been checked then we can consider this the official block explorer. (Should be by Monday)

This is great work by a member of the Karma community!

Nice.  Constant development is a nice thing to see with karma.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
DStefanov

Activity: 425

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 10:46:54 AM

Ideas get us started, but we need more than ideas from the community.

I think to attract a larger community and new investors need to do the following:

1 Instantly create an entirely new GUI wallet with new features, one of them is the encryption wallet be done unless a password by Two-Factor Authentication! This will first and only book that opportunity. The idea is to protect the password from keylogger's and higher security.
Wallet should be colorful, but at the same time stylish and simple, not kitschy - Appearance sold. This can make a good graphic designer who will collect KARMA and will pay by donations from the community.
Another nice feature is the ability of the wallet to earn message update is available. I think it still does, but I'm not sure.

2 In order to attract new investors should give them free coins !!! Not kidding! The new portfolio has to have money, right! The idea is that we give a new wallet, but when tradition gives portfolio has money in it. This will appeal to new investors and stocked them! All we want to donate money. Can we give about 1000, 5000 or even 10000 KARMA. The money will come from donations again!

Needs and advertising and distribution of news that KARMA has a new GUI wallet that gives a small amount KARMA! I think the idea will appeal to new investors, and they just come.

3 When taking a wallet with money, they will want to invest .... then you need to provide them with links to all articles about KARMA, this can be done through wallet again .... etc

What do you think?

I think this is a goog idea.

Thanks for your support friend!
Perhaps the idea is just like you and me and probably so bad that not even deserved attention and comments of the public and staff of KARMA.  Grin
This is not so important, but it is a way to attract more investors !!!
Go KARMA!

Please for your comments!
@ Kosmost, want the public to contribute ideas and comment on them !!! It's strange to me! Even if you are stupid, because they underestimate Huh  Angry This is not good karma!

DStefanov

Activity: 425

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 12:33:09 PM

checked 3 addresses for you pdogg147; 2 are fine, 1 is off.

Yeah, I checked every transaction ID from my wallet and there appears to be a rogue transaction showing on the explorer that got added to my last transaction and is sitting in another wallet to the tune of 8,000,000+ Karma.  My wallet is correct, but the explorer is showing this extra transfer???

Write me more details. I will check it with karma client on blockchain. I restarted tha texplorer multiple times. There could be corrupted data. If those data are on blockchain correctly and wrong on explorer, I will resync it, it should fix it.

Sent you a PM.  I rechecked and the explorer says the same thing.

Ok, it seems explorer is working fine. We discussed the issue and problem was, that he did not know wallet is using internal adresses. So he thought, there is some special transaction spending his money. It was just his wallet sending KARM to his another address.  Mystery solved:)  So are there any other complains?

The balance in my wallet /xxxxxx161.97425805 KARM/ is not the same as in Explorer /xxxxxx126.31866205 KARM/ !!! What caused this difference?

Send me PM with address info and details what is wrong. I will check it on blokchain and compare.

@ socoban, thank you for helping! Happy your first million! I wish so much more!  Wink
Greetings!

Chargin

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 01:34:08 PM

Ok guys. As an economist, I would like to point out some things here.
What we have here is a very competitive market place. Many altocoins appear daily.
Low barrier to entry witch means that  it is easy for new players to show up.
Furthermore, our market position is weak. We are not Litecoin, or even Dogecoin.
This reduces our possibilities when acting on the market.
Proposal that Kosmost made is a sound one. Still, there are some problems with it. What we are doing here is rebranding the product.
This means we are operating with the same thing, but changing the quantities. In the end it is the same coin. Now, this might move the price, but most likely, users will realize that there is no change, and the price will stay the same. Since our product is inferior on the market, price will actually decrease, like we see with other altcoins. The way to counter this is by innovating and creating new services. Making a change such as this one, without creating a new content will not make a substantial change. The only influence it will have is a psychological one, but in the end, the price will revert even if it goes up.
My suggestion is to launch this change when we publish a whitepaper and present the public with the new ideas we are planning to implement as a community. Then it will have more meaning.

This is an interesting clip from tv show The Wire. It approaches this problem. What happens in the end is still a decline in the demand of the product, since users understand that it is actually the same old product.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDBq-OU1rHo&t=1m35s

Thank you for your detailed analysis.

Before I comment, please note that I'm aware that you are suggesting that the change should be implemented when other "good news" is announced. I think it should be implemented as soon as possible because the changes benefits are primarily long term.

I trust you read all my posts on this matter? The objective isn't to make a change in the price of Karma (at least in the short term), it is to increase the activity on the Karma BTC and LTC markets.

I pretty much agree with the above and it is a very respectable assessment however it is not a rebranding of the product, it is a minor but important change, nobody is pretending it is a new product. The products primary use at the moment is being traded on exchanges, price per 1,000 would enhance its ability to do that, therefore the product itself is being improved. I'm sure the slight name change (KARM to KARMA) will be very well explained by the exchanges.

No offense but as an economist you aren't uniquely qualified to determine which products are inferior or superior products. A more accurate statement would be that it will help Karma find its real market price faster than if if the change were not implemented.

I completely agree that the change is primarily a psychological one. You are of course coming from the perspective of an economist, talking about short term prices, which may over-correct in one direction or another and will then revert back to close to where they started. I'm suggesting that it will have a long term impact due to its psychological effects, given I believe it will impact on the queuing for the sale of Karma on the market and it will increase market activity due to the increased granularity, which increases its value as a product whose primary use at the moment is being traded on exchanges.

The reason I keep stating Karma's primary use at the moment is being traded on exchanges is based on both volumes and number of transactions. I would of course like to move tipping up a few places so it is the primary use for Karma but that isn't the reality of the situation at the moment. I'm glad to see people tipping each other on the forum but that isn't enough, we need wider tipping adoption.

I won't post about this any more (other than reminders) as there is little objection, just a lack of resolve to make it an official policy.

Chargin.

Vote to get Karma listed on this exchange: https://hitbtc.com/vote (sign up to get a vote for 10 points, vote once every 24 hrs)
karmala

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 02:35:24 PM

Hello Karmenions,
I am back from my short meditation retreat. I suggest that we use bitwhos refined rules for the fundraiser auction for saving innocence:
The donation goal [for our cause “saving innocence”] is 0.24BTCs.

When you bid , you state the amount of karma  that you agree to get back if you give 0.24BTCs to this donation

the rules:
- if you are bidding, you must request a sum of karma lower than previous bidder
- If you win the bid, you must wait until the community has donated to the cause all the requested amount of Karma
- if the community does not provide the amount of karma requested, the bidder can choose from the following optional rules

Optional Rules:
- to not make this a fail project , the winner of the bid that did not get his bidding request fulfilled by the community can choose to accept the current amount of karma that is collected.
- If the amount collected is not enough, the winning bidder can decline to collect the current amount of karma collected by the community and ask to reinstate the bidding.
- Once the bidding is reinstated, someone else can bid all over again

in example:
If current bid was 8 million karma for 0.24BTC but only 7 million Karmas was collected , and if the current winner declines to trade for that amount, the bidding is opened again and the next can bid lower than 8 mill and hope the community will fill up the missing amount.

Current bids:

First bid: chargin, 24 mio Karma
Second bid: Minted 18 mio Karma
Third bid: jluizg 12 mio Karma
Fourth bid: youseeberkeley 10.5 mio Karma

Karma raised for saving innocence so far: 5.1 mio

Please note: this has started explicitly as an experiment in order to foster a discussion. Rules have been refined on the way. Every bidder can of course step back from the bid and the experiment might be canceled by the moderator.

you can donate on Karmafund.me

http://karmafund.me/

Telgram messenger with attention economy http://r.getgems.org/m/TuJXXBal9o
karmala

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 04:15:04 PM
Last edit: August 10, 2014, 04:59:57 PM by karmala

Hi,

can anybody tell me a javascript for fetching the balance of a certain address with the new explorer? Would like to have a live update for Karmafund.me.

edit: got the ulr for the balance http://162.243.209.71:3000/api/addr/KEzAoNCGMRoVCAx9qmQpZe3PHi4bfWPXMs/balance

KarmaKaguy

Telgram messenger with attention economy http://r.getgems.org/m/TuJXXBal9o
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Kaspa

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 06:08:17 PM

I'm always hearing good thing's about Karma... she's only a b!tch if you are Wink

#Expanse $EXP 500 transactions 4 .1 EXP 1st Clone of ETH 
WAVES
mouseman

Activity: 257

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 07:21:26 PM

https://hitbtc.com/vote

Karma been slowly, but surely moving up.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 09:46:44 PM

Way too many competing coins these days.  And it's only getting worse.  And when BTC hits $3,000+ later this year it's gonna go into overdrive.  Good time to get new coins listed and ready for that next big boom.

ptman

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 10:05:43 PM

Way too many competing coins these days.  And it's only getting worse.  And when BTC hits $3,000+ later this year it's gonna go into overdrive.  Good time to get new coins listed and ready for that next big boom.

BTC at $3,000+ latter this year?? Why??

We may have a strong competition from this coin in future.
http://www.reddcoin.com/

What do you think?

░███████████████████████████████████████████████████░
███████████████████████████████▒        █████████████
█████████████████████        ██▒        █▒   ▒▒▒█████
█████████████████████        ██▒        ██▒        ██
█████████████████████        ██▒     ██▒          ▒██
███████████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒███        ██▒  ██▒            ▒███
██████████▒       ▒██        ████▒               ████
██████████▒       ▒██       ██            ▒██████████
████████  ▒       ▒██   ▒▓▒            ▒█████████████
██████  ██▒       ▒████▒            ██  █████████████
████▒  ███▒      ██▒            ██▒     █████████████
███▒  ████▒ ▒██▒            ▒███        █████████████
███                     ▒██▒ ██▒        █████████████
███                 ▒██      ██▒        █████████████
█████       ▒▒▓▓▓▒▒██        ██▒        █████████████
██████████▒       ▒██        ██▒        █████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████▀▒▒▒▒                       ▒▒▒▀████████████
██████▒                                    ▒█████████
░█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████░
  ICOBank 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄   ▄▄   ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄
  ICOBank: World's First 3 in 1 Token 
[   Whitepaper   ] [       ANN Thread       ]
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░
████████▀░░░▀█████████████████░
██████▀       ▀████████████████
█████  ░▄███▄  ░███████████████
████░  ██████         ░▀███████
████░  █████████████▄   ░██████
████░  ███████████████  ░░█████
████░  ██████████████▀  ░██████
████░  ██████          ░███████
█████  ██████          ░███████
█████  ▀█████████████▄  ░██████
██████  ▀█████████████  ░░█████
███████▄░  ▀▀███████▀░  ░██████
░████████▄░            ▄███████
░░█████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████▄░░
███████████████████████████░
████████████████▀▀░░░░██████
████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░██████
██████████░░░░░░░░░░░▐██████
███████▀░░░░░░░▄░░░░░▐██████
█████░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░███████
██████░░░░░░█░░░░░░░▐███████
████████▄░░█░░░░░░░░▐███████
███████████▀░░░░░░░░████████
███████████░░▄█▄▄▄░░████████
███████████░▄███████████████
░███████████████████████████
░░▀█████████████████████████

Join PRE-ICO SALE   
    ▶Exchanges
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 10:40:44 PM

What do you think?

Hahaaa, competing Bitcoin killer coins pop up monthly, they have too many issues and most of all are too unsecured to ever be considered a mass adoption coin.

Right now there are literally 2, maybe 3 coins which could literally compete with BTC heads on and none of them are these new pumped coins.  All these expensive anon coins are crap, they're not truly anon, just more gimmicks.

BTC will go over $10,000 within 6 months of getting the ETF license.  That should come in Oct-Nov this year and I expect a pre-run into the news based in leaks.

The reason BTC will hit $10,000 so fast is that the ETF allows all the funds, with trillions to invest, to finally legally buy BTC for the first time.  Given the illiquid nature of BTC, the price should spike hard and fast and be very volatile.

$10,000 should be just the first run...I expect as we get high inflation next year and more and more bail-ins and account confiscations around the world that $10,000 will be cheap.

And Bitcoin will not be used a daily currency, it will cost too much and it can't handle the necessary tx volume so payment processors will add other coins to handle the volume.  But that won't stop BTC, its value will sky rocket on other factors.

Cheers!

ryannguyen18

Activity: 183

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 12:20:39 AM

Karma ?  Grin We are next apple generation.
GO KARMA

Bitcoin - 1NCmJ3hXLywaRHTsnm17rGkaJbjtbiKxZW
blg425

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 12:27:32 AM

What do you think?

I am greatly invested in both Karma and Reddcoin. I hope both can coexist and be successful

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 12:47:40 AM

What do you think?

I am greatly invested in both Karma and Reddcoin. I hope both can coexist and be successful

Unlike 99% of the alts, both karma and Redd seem to have good development behind them so I think they'll both do well in the coming year. Beyond that is impossible to say for any coin, even Bitcoin.  This is an ultra fast evolving industry and in just 1 year everything can change and I think next year will bring the biggest and most shocking change yet. 

Should be exciting.

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 09:20:33 AM

"The Developing World: Karma's opportunity for Tremendous Growth via the Karma and KarmX blockchains"

http://www.reddit.com/r/KarmaTeam/comments/2d7ww5/the_developing_world_karmas_opportunity_for/

An exploration of Karma's likely biggest market: where people need it most

Pages: « 1 ... 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 [226] 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 ... 427 »
  Print  

Jump to: