Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:43:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 [231] 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 ... 427 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karma / ₭ / X11  (Read 583018 times)
Alphi

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 06:33:50 AM

i think most are thinking it wont go thru

this news does not affect Karma directly.. lill was designed and built by karmashares members and is owned by karmashares LLC.

right now it is all just words and opinions in a forum.
the general feeling i get from reading the thread discussions since it was first announced is that it wont go through.
this is why the issue needs to be put to a proper vote by karma shares investors.

if the deal went through and even a tiny portion of that money went in to stabilizing the karma price and building more projects in the interest of Kama then the price would rise significantly.

but none of that matters if nothing is signed or agreed by karma shares.

ok, so how long before we find out if the deal actually goes through?  Are we talking days, weeks, months?

I mean, reviewing a proposal, an offer shouldn't take more than a few days I would think - or let's say a week or two at the most.  That's my thinking but I'd like to hear the opinion of the actual people behind the deal.

Thanks!

I agree with you....
as I am not behind the deal I am unable to provide the answers you seek.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Evolvo

Activity: 528
Merit: 500

Tokens That Store Virtual Energy

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 06:40:55 AM

He did say in the announcement that if the deal was not accepted by August 31st it would become void.  So that gives us 18 days to find out if it goes through or not. 

Кpиптoвaлютный фoнд "Pyбyc" - https://rubus.fund/partner/273
kosmost

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 09:23:49 AM

I really can't believe the price didn't go wild on that $2.5 million deal.   Wat?  No other alt has that kind of thing in the works.  Very odd.

I think it spread exactly as it should. It wasn't meant to pump anything, but notify the community. Now, if a deal is agreed upon and signed by the deadline that would certainly make news. Even moreso when shareholders get the payout for it.

The price is about what it should be, all things considered in the marketplace and industry. But it's likely also tremendously undervalued.

Workchain – Powering the Decentralized Economy
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 09:27:17 AM

i think most are thinking it wont go thru

this news does not affect Karma directly.. lill was designed and built by karmashares members and is owned by karmashares LLC.

right now it is all just words and opinions in a forum.
the general feeling i get from reading the thread discussions since it was first announced is that it wont go through.
this is why the issue needs to be put to a proper vote by karma shares investors.

if the deal went through and even a tiny portion of that money went in to stabilizing the karma price and building more projects in the interest of Kama then the price would rise significantly.

but none of that matters if nothing is signed or agreed by karma shares.

ok, so how long before we find out if the deal actually goes through?  Are we talking days, weeks, months?

I mean, reviewing a proposal, an offer shouldn't take more than a few days I would think - or let's say a week or two at the most.  That's my thinking but I'd like to hear the opinion of the actual people behind the deal.

Thanks!

There's a little more than 2 weeks for us to discuss this. No deals would be made without consulting with the owners of the LLC, and getting the requisite approval, of course.

Your post seems to assume that Karmashares will sell. However, we have not reached that point. Also, we also have no guidelines to help us determine how such things would be decided by the project manager of an iPOCO, its team members, and Karmashares members. Not to mention other things that are not in place.

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 09:33:17 AM

He did say in the announcement that if the deal was not accepted by August 31st it would become void.  So that gives us 18 days to find out if it goes through or not. 

...and 18 days to consider that most of us, team and community, should be focused more on coins that have real value (like Karma) and less on "shitcoins"  Wink

just imagine what we could do if Karmashares had an active team and functioning structure?

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 09:36:18 AM

explorer.karmacoin.me is down. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Alphi

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 10:17:03 AM

just imagine what we could do if Karmashares had an active team and functioning structure?

I doubt you would have any trouble building an all star team with 2.5 million dollars in the bank.. Tongue

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
karmala

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 10:21:04 AM

explorer.karmacoin.me is down. Apologies for the inconvenience.

I started it again. Tonight I will have a look at the config file for automatic restart of insight... Kos, please pm me if something goes wrong with the explorer or if it is down for maintenance...

Telgram messenger with attention economy http://r.getgems.org/m/TuJXXBal9o
socoban

Activity: 314

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 10:37:46 AM

I really can't believe the price didn't go wild on that $2.5 million deal.   Wat?  No other alt has that kind of thing in the works.  Very odd.

I was checking the price when Kosmost announced that offer. There were few hundreds of LTC placed on buy orders. Multiple buyers started to pump the price up to 200 litoshi on cryptsy. But buyer was playing with that buy wall, moving it and removing it. Than it disappeared. Clean sign, people do not know what to do. For sure they want to buy, but they want to buy as cheap as possible. Since KARM is mined heavily, like 50 mil KARM/day, there is lot of dumpers.  Block reward will be cut from 35000 to 20000 in 2 weeks. So if the news will not make immediate spike, people are waiting for cheaper KARM to buy in 2 weeks. But I am sure, one single buyer with 2000 LTC buy wall at 150 litoshi would force others to pump the price up heavily. Or at least scan of the offer document would help.
spitfire1337

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 10:59:56 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2014, 01:49:58 PM by spitfire1337

Just wanted to let people know that the games at http://karmagames.info/ are a scam. The website is buggy and worst of all I have emailed support and no response for 3 days after I tried to deposit 35000 KARM to play and help the community. Looks like its gone forever, I would say we need a better game site than this one as it sucks. Stay away from this site and this forum should get rid of that site from the games list on the front page.

Please check your e-mail. We were working through some issues with tech support for the server and had no access to our email. I am in the process of compiling the linux wallet and upgrading to the x11 fork. This is why your coins have not showed in your account. Once completed and the new wallet syncs with the x11 chain I have to process withdrawals and make sure everything is good. I have you txid and will ensure that your coins are posted to your account once the new wallet syncs.

UPDATE: New wallet compiled and is now syncing with the correct chain, I'll have things back up and going as normal shortly. In the meantime withdrawals are disabled on the site until everything is back to normal.
clayop

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 09:55:27 PM

Does anyone know when PoS begins? Or do I just have to wait the WP?
p4r4m0un7

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 10:01:18 PM

Does anyone know when PoS begins? Or do I just have to wait the WP?

Karma is not a PoS coin.
learminer

Activity: 559

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 10:25:05 PM

I was checking the price when Kosmost announced that offer. There were few hundreds of LTC placed on buy orders. Multiple buyers started to pump the price up to 200 litoshi on cryptsy. But buyer was playing with that buy wall, moving it and removing it. Than it disappeared. Clean sign, people do not know what to do. For sure they want to buy, but they want to buy as cheap as possible. Since KARM is mined heavily, like 50 mil KARM/day, there is lot of dumpers.  Block reward will be cut from 35000 to 20000 in 2 weeks. So if the news will not make immediate spike, people are waiting for cheaper KARM to buy in 2 weeks. But I am sure, one single buyer with 2000 LTC buy wall at 150 litoshi would force others to pump the price up heavily. Or at least scan of the offer document would help.
People are confused and I don't blame them. The signals from Karmashares are sort of mixed right now. On the one hand news of a new offer is released, on the other hand you quickly see there's a tendency to reject the offer. There's talk of a vote, but no procedure to even handle it! The LLC was founded months ago, yet we still have no final structure, no way for members to vote, track their shares or anything. There's an unfortunate lack of progress on that front.

Add to that the lack of any proof the offer is real. We, the Karma community, might trust kosmost as we've witnessed his dedication for months, but why would anybody outside the core Karma community (which is maybe 30 people) trust his word? Markets are very uncertain right now. The huge amount of scams lately has brought trust and faith in crypto to a new all-time-low.

Also issues like being without a block explorer (even if just for a short amount of time) really show a lack of resources behind the coin currently. Which is weird, because the transition to X11 was executed extremely well. Yet being without an explorer is really a no-go for any alt that wants to be taken seriously. If you hand't jumped in socoban, would we even have a working explorer yet?

I don't want to attack the team at all, as they've done a marvelous job since taking over for the most part. As far as community takeovers go, this was an A+ grade job. But a coin cannot forever rely on anonymous and potentially volatile community contributions (like altcoingood's explorer that vanished overnight) for features that are essential. Especially not a coin that has such grand ambitions. Neither can a company that has, quite successfully, completed a round of crowdfunding (that's basically what Karmashares quantum periods were) expect community volunteers to build their future services for them.

Most of this could BTW be solved by accepting the offer. The funding it brings would allow the LLC to finally finish setting up and hire some full-time developers to build and provide a rock-solid array of basic services and essential infrastructure (like online wallets, Karma API for easy use in apps and websites, mobile and sms wallets). That would be the kind of setup from which a community can start getting creative and come up with its own original and creative ideas, to finally pursue bringing the Karma vision we've been discussing for so long to life. Right now we're stuck in limbo due to a distinct lack in resources. How can I even start building an innovative mobile app for Karma if I'd basically have to build my own version of blockchain.info first, in order to implement basic features? Just some food for thought...

bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 10:52:51 PM

I can help with this.

But I need someone else to work with me to change ideas with (I love extreme programming: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extreme_Programming) and to make sure I'm working...lol

I could assist you with some java parts. I am programming social simulations in java which is not very demanding and I have a very limited domain knowledge about the blockchain technology. Java OO is fine for me. However, I would like to take part in case a community driven software development takes place. Maybe I am better than I know Wink

Were getting closer!

Can some one help Socoban get his answers?

Remember, the faster we get this working the better is for karma. As soon as API is in sync with the block explorer then anyone with little dev experience cans set up karma services via the API call.

anyone wanting to set up any kind of service will be able to do it easily.

we're close but not there yet. 

Any one can chip in this matter?
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 06:55:50 AM
Last edit: August 15, 2014, 07:17:43 AM by bitwho

damn i cant believe we missed the 6 months anniversary.  

Feb 4th 2014 we opened a little wallet with a silly elephant logo in it. Little did we know we would unite like this to push for our goals.

Karma as gone a long way!! Like a wise elephant. Moving forward.

Thanks to Kosmost , Shawn , ACG , javi , Alex who started to brainstorm how to improve such a great coin with the perfect name and cause!

Countless night chats between me and Kosmost. Furious that Karma did not get the attention it deserved.

Shortly there after the group grew as more and more people joined us to help Karma improve. So many chat session so much fun

You know who you are , but here they are again (at no particular order but just as important as any of us even though some have disappeared ) :

AGcrypto ,  East , Ryan , Jason , pgdog , warwarf, karmakaguy , pitman , learner , The silent devs that like to stay DL , chargin , p4r4m0un7 , trift , bittanker , jamie , para-c , trigeek , spitfire , jwplanet , Kosmos devs team in his basement ,Voldemort , and tons more that i would probable feel bad when i realized i dint mentioned them here)

Big thanks to J&J @mintpal adding Karma coin as their first coin ever Tongue

The commoners coming here day after day. talking karma stuff

The LLC Investors who invested what could be the highest number of coins ever. Thank you for believing and for being as patient as you have been. Thank you for understanding our plans would've taken some time! Thank you for not being like most of other communities and demanding the moon 3 days later. Real plans take real time. Thank you for getting involved and helping us making right decisions

Cheers to those who were with us, to those who are with us, to those who will read this years from now : )

Here is to you lil Karma, our coin! !!

blg425

Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 07:30:24 AM

Hey guys,  I still don't quite get what we got offered. Is this just lill again? Or is this for Karmashares?

Evolvo

Activity: 528

Tokens That Store Virtual Energy

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 07:32:28 AM

For Lill

Кpиптoвaлютный фoнд "Pyбyc" - https://rubus.fund/partner/273
blg425

Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 07:46:05 AM

For Lill

Ok, thanks

Alphi

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 07:49:21 AM

People are confused and I don't blame them. The signals from Karmashares are sort of mixed right now. On the one hand news of a new offer is released, on the other hand you quickly see there's a tendency to reject the offer. There's talk of a vote, but no procedure to even handle it! The LLC was founded months ago, yet we still have no final structure, no way for members to vote, track their shares or anything. There's an unfortunate lack of progress on that front.

Add to that the lack of any proof the offer is real. We, the Karma community, might trust kosmost as we've witnessed his dedication for months, but why would anybody outside the core Karma community (which is maybe 30 people) trust his word? Markets are very uncertain right now. The huge amount of scams lately has brought trust and faith in crypto to a new all-time-low.

Also issues like being without a block explorer (even if just for a short amount of time) really show a lack of resources behind the coin currently. Which is weird, because the transition to X11 was executed extremely well. Yet being without an explorer is really a no-go for any alt that wants to be taken seriously. If you hand't jumped in socoban, would we even have a working explorer yet?

I don't want to attack the team at all, as they've done a marvelous job since taking over for the most part. As far as community takeovers go, this was an A+ grade job. But a coin cannot forever rely on anonymous and potentially volatile community contributions (like altcoingood's explorer that vanished overnight) for features that are essential. Especially not a coin that has such grand ambitions. Neither can a company that has, quite successfully, completed a round of crowdfunding (that's basically what Karmashares quantum periods were) expect community volunteers to build their future services for them.

Most of this could BTW be solved by accepting the offer. The funding it brings would allow the LLC to finally finish setting up and hire some full-time developers to build and provide a rock-solid array of basic services and essential infrastructure (like online wallets, Karma API for easy use in apps and websites, mobile and sms wallets). That would be the kind of setup from which a community can start getting creative and come up with its own original and creative ideas, to finally pursue bringing the Karma vision we've been discussing for so long to life. Right now we're stuck in limbo due to a distinct lack in resources. How can I even start building an innovative mobile app for Karma if I'd basically have to build my own version of blockchain.info first, in order to implement basic features? Just some food for thought...

+1 for best post of the day

p4r4m0un7

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:45:46 AM

Mining contest is going well. Now is time for the creative persons of our community to step up. Karma team members can also participate.
Today I am starting contest with a first place award of 2 000 000 (TWO MILLION) KARMA. No consolation awards. The rules are as follows:
1. At least 5 participants
2. Every participant can provide more than 1 photo. No limit about this.
3. Photos must contain KARMA logo and GOT KARMA? written or drawn by hand (Not printed). So only the GOT KARMA? must be written or drawn by a hand, which includes graphite drawing. I don`t care about the logo if it is printed or drawn by a hand, but it must be our original logo.
4. Photos can be for example selfie with a popular person and you wearing t-shirt with KARMA logo and GOT KARMA?, photo on the top of a skyscraper holding KARMA logo and GOT KARMA?, photo of somebody jumping with parachute holding KARMA logo and GOT KARMA?, nice graphite drawing of our logo and GOT KARMA? and all other things that crosses your mind.
5. The last day of this campaign is 1-st of September. No photos will be accepted on 2-nd of September. (exceptions for delayed photos only if I see on the photo Barack Obama or Queen Elizabeth  Grin)
6. You can post your pictures here, forum, facebook and karmashare.me. You must pm me here with a link to the original post.
7. The winner will be chosen by community vote in our forum. Voting will continue 3 days, but I want at least 25 votes. If we don`t have 25 votes, we shall extend the voting period. If there is a tie between two or more photos and/or persons, I suggest our respectful Marketing & PR workgroup moderators easteagle13 and jasondecosta to choose the winning photo. If jasondecosta decide to participate, me and easteagle13 will have the last word.

These are the rules. Do not cheat! I will catch you. Believe me. Do not use any tools to make your photos look better. If I catch someone cheating, all of his/her photos will be disqualified. This is a real life contest. I am not encouraging you to do something dangerous or stupid, but to win this, it is obvious that you have to be a little crazy. So happy shooting.

Me and easteagle13 are splitting the funding for this. 1 mill comes from me and 1 mill from him. This is not an official karma marketing project.

GOT KARMA?

15 more days!
Pages: « 1 ... 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 [231] 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 ... 427 »
  Print  

Jump to: