Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:37:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 [210] 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 ... 427 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karma / ₭ / X11  (Read 583015 times)
easteagle13

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 06:52:46 PM

Just been reading back a few pages and had a right chuckle! All the flapping!
Have been with Karma from the start, highs and lows and back again. Bought at 10-20lit levels. Bought shares, although I wished I'd bought more. Put everything in my wallet and am still buying at this still ridiculously low price and I would suggest you all do the same.
Why all the worry with the price at the moment? Only a few btc have been sold out of the current supply. That was to be expected and quite honestly most people are holding out for a better price (or are waiting to see where we are going next before they decide to sell. The sell orders being their way of hedging their bets). We need this supply of coins for where Karma is going!
This price level is I consider good for Karma at the moment as new investors can still enter into our coin community for a very low risk. (1) More community members = more skills, ideas and motivation. What we as a community need is to provide a welcoming atmosphere where ideas can flourish.
(2)I honestly don't think we are making it quite clear that by just holding the coins, investors then belong to Karmashares LLC with all the potential and dividends that it brings. We need to make this quite obvious and clear. We have a great team at the moment with plenty of skill sets but we can do with a lot more. The framework has been provided we just need to grow on it. How much has been done in the last few months by a few committed people. Imagine how much more we can do in the coming months with an expanded community.
Anyway I need to sign off for now as I am desperately trying to round up every last bit of btc to turn into Karma at these prices now. Remember when we trebled to 30 litoshi and up from there...regrets anyone?

Go Karma!

Thank you minted, the way you deliver those words are refreshing. I totally agree with your points.

Point 1 is very important- All our efforts to attract new users will be wasted(Marketing, tipping, technical developments etc.), if and when they show up and demonstrate enthusiasm they will feel unwelcome by the comments(or lack thereof) they receive. This is one of the aspects that the whole community, regardless of skill level can take active part of. We can create a good karma atmosphere where the casual observer will want to be a part of.

Point 2 is a bit easier and I promise you that we will make it a point that this particular point be emphasized from now on.

For example p4r4m0unt has generously thought up of a community activity in an effort to create awareness and curiosity to the outsider(non karma user yet), we can show our appreciation to his effort by either donating additional prize (if you find it's beyond you to submit pics) or join and submit your entry. Of course this is just an example.

Everyone is encouraged to think of a way how we can make Karma accessible to the masses so that we can use karma to gift, reward, tip, or keep as an investment.

And no regrets from this end.

-east

TIP ME ₭ARMA:  KJeEKJv1LXHM8cYeRgQG3q87BFA4W3sTGg  FOR KARMA TRANSLATION BUDGET SEND TO: KHvkhA7RTFnG8N5RWPB48gs2y8K1od6xF4
OFF. ₭ARMA FB PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/karmacoin.me. http://lill.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
socoban

Activity: 314
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 07:03:36 PM

What blockchain is cryptsy on? I am trying to deposit 1000 KARM as a test. Did not appear anything yet. It more than 30 minutes. How many of you tested deposits/withdrawals on cryptsy/mintpal? Are they on correct blockchain?

mintpal works.. the you get a popup saying your deposit was received almost instantly.. but you have to wait for a few hours before it gets credited to your account.
i tried it yesturday

I was sending from mintpal to cryptsy. mintpal says confirmed. cryptsy says nothing.
socoban

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 07:12:51 PM

What blockchain is cryptsy on? I am trying to deposit 1000 KARM as a test. Did not appear anything yet. It more than 30 minutes. How many of you tested deposits/withdrawals on cryptsy/mintpal? Are they on correct blockchain?

mintpal works.. the you get a popup saying your deposit was received almost instantly.. but you have to wait for a few hours before it gets credited to your account.
i tried it yesturday

I was sending from mintpal to cryptsy. mintpal says confirmed. cryptsy says nothing.

Karma blockain explorer is useless. Piece of shit. I can't search on it. I can only check total coins on address. I can't see transactions. Why is it that? How can I check all transactions on an address?
bondi

Activity: 347

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 07:32:33 PM

http://karma.explorer.altcoin.dk/address/yourkarmaaddress

It's working for me.
socoban

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 07:41:57 PM

Cool, ok. Now I know how to check transaction on some address. But why is searching not working? How can people find out those urls if search is corrupted?
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 07:54:47 PM

user fairglu offers this service block explorer for 0.25BTCS for one yr service.
it has rich list, large wallets and other features.

http://chainz.cryptoid.info/

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=571254.0

should we set up a donation addy and get this set up as well?
socoban

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 08:01:05 PM

user fairglu offers this service block explorer for 0.25BTCS for one yr service.

This explorer is popular. Why do we need to create donations funds all the time? KarmaShares LTC owns 9 billion KARM. What are those coins for? OK, dumping them is stupid, but if there is such an important service like cool blockchain explorer for 0.25 BTC/YEAR, those money should be used. That explorer is used by many users, it will bring more attention and more people to KARMA & KarmaShares anyway.
p4r4m0un7

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 08:19:29 PM
Last edit: August 04, 2014, 07:14:11 AM by p4r4m0un7

Mining contest is going well. Now is time for the creative persons of our community to step up. Karma team members can also participate.
Today I am starting contest with a first place award of 2 000 000 (TWO MILLION) KARMA. No consolation awards. The rules are as follows:
1. At least 5 participants
2. Every participant can provide more than 1 photo. No limit about this.
3. Photos must contain KARMA logo and GOT KARMA? written or drawn by hand (Not printed). So only the GOT KARMA? must be written or drawn by a hand, which includes graphite drawing. I don`t care about the logo if it is printed or drawn by a hand, but it must be our original logo.
4. Photos can be for example selfie with a popular person and you wearing t-shirt with KARMA logo and GOT KARMA?, photo on the top of a skyscraper holding KARMA logo and GOT KARMA?, photo of somebody jumping with parachute holding KARMA logo and GOT KARMA?, nice graphite drawing of our logo and GOT KARMA? and all other things that crosses your mind.
5. The last day of this campaign is 1-st of September. No photos will be accepted on 2-nd of September. (exceptions for delayed photos only if I see on the photo Barack Obama or Queen Elizabeth  Grin)
6. You can post your pictures here, forum, facebook and karmashare.me. You must pm me here with a link to the original post.
7. The winner will be chosen by community vote in our forum. Voting will continue 3 days, but I want at least 25 votes. If we don`t have 25 votes, we shall extend the voting period. If there is a tie between two or more photos and/or persons, I suggest our respectful Marketing & PR workgroup moderators easteagle13 and jasondecosta to choose the winning photo. If jasondecosta decide to participate, me and easteagle13 will have the last word.

These are the rules. Do not cheat! I will catch you. Believe me. Do not use any tools to make your photos look better. If I catch someone cheating, all of his/her photos will be disqualified. This is a real life contest. I am not encouraging you to do something dangerous or stupid, but to win this, it is obvious that you have to be a little crazy. So happy shooting.

Me and easteagle13 are splitting the funding for this. 1 mill comes from me and 1 mill from him. This is not an official karma marketing project.

GOT KARMA?

Just a reminder for all creative and crazy people out there. Cheesy Remember that you don`t have to hold KARMA in order to participate, so tell your friends.
AGcrypto

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 09:08:55 PM
Last edit: August 02, 2014, 09:26:49 PM by AGcrypto

Now that we have achieved our goal of a smooth transition into our new X11 algo we now need to find ways of building value.  A good way to start is by determining what target market would benefit most from Karma. In order to get a better idea on whom our target market might be we are going to need to do in depth research to help better identify our target market based on research based fact and not assumptions or personal opinions.  I would like to ask our community to join us and help us find articles of actual research that has been conducted on Alternative Economies especially if they incorporate Bitcoin or Altcoins in their research.  Any articles you might know of or can find would really help us in our information gathering efforts.  If you do have a good article or find one please post the link on this reddit thread www.reddit.com/r/KarmaTeam/comments/2cg8kg/we_need_help_with_some_research_and_information/  Thank you in advance for your help.  The more eyes we have searching, the faster we can implement fact based information in our value building thought process.
bitwho
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 09:11:05 PM

This explorer is popular. Why do we need to create donations funds all the time? KarmaShares LTC owns 9 billion KARM. What are those coins for? OK, dumping them is stupid, but if there is such an important service like cool blockchain explorer for 0.25 BTC/YEAR, those money should be used. That explorer is used by many users, it will bring more attention and more people to KARMA & KarmaShares anyway.

because you are complaining of services karma member willingly and free are giving you. he has said he is working on trying to fix the bug on his explorer. And since your impatient i offered to collect donation and open that outsource service.

and as far as selling coin to get things done. Please look around you will see that our investors coins are still untouched and all the possible fees that have been paid so far has come between 10-14 team members.

all the site, services all have been picked up by our own personal money. Services that have raised the value of the coin to what is now. Not to mention Kosmost's budget that has made three Ipocos be in Beta mode. Lill.com. you thing it work for free? all the software coding?

so, all i am saying is that if you want an alternate explorer right away. ask a few people to chip in 0.25 BTCs and set it up.

Sometimes its better to take things in your own hand and get a solution

: )
karmala

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 09:24:09 PM

because you are complaining of services karma member willingly and free are giving you. he has said he is working on trying to fix the bug on his explorer. And since your impatient i offered to collect donation and open that outsource service.

and as far as selling coin to get things done. Please look around you will see that our investors coins are still untouched and all the possible fees that have been paid so far has come between 10-14 team members.

all the site, services all have been picked up by our own personal money. Services that have raised the value of the coin to what is now. Not to mention Kosmost's budget that has made three Ipocos be in Beta mode. Lill.com. you thing it work for free? all the software coding?

so, all i am saying is that if you want an alternate explorer right away. ask a few people to chip in 0.25 BTCs and set it up.

agree, we all have put our private money in. We are in the same position than you guys. We are the communtiy the taken over the coin when the dev went over board. Get involved everybody! e.g. I have only 12 votes on the fundraiser extension wtf. This is just a click to do.

Telgram messenger with attention economy http://r.getgems.org/m/TuJXXBal9o
learminer

Activity: 559

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 09:47:42 PM

I was involved in getting Chainz service setup for Unobtanium's community. The dev is very responsive and constantly improving his service. When I had questions about their API he added new features for me basically overnight. So I can reccomend it.

Unobtanium also had other explorers, but there's always value in having a good backup, and features like the rich list, coin distribution and largest wallet are quite nice. Funding was also achieved with donations. No need for the LLC to pay for this IMO.

pugwilfy

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 10:43:58 PM

hey everyone, i dont quite know what can be done here, but there is still 0.62gh/s being mined in scrypt, just randomly clicked here http://karm.multi-pool.eu/ where i used to mine to see if i had any coins left and that pool is mining 342Mh/s and globally there is 0.62Gh/s.

is there any way to tell these pools to shut down and stop mining and also how do you find out which the other pools are?
UrsaMajorisBeta

Activity: 529

We are the ones we've been waiting for

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 10:56:52 PM

Well it might be rented.

▄▄▄▄▄  ████████████▄                 
                            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████         ███▄               
     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▄███████████████████████         ████        ████       ███████▄             
   ▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████          ██████████  ▄▄█▄ ▄▄████▄▄       ▀████     █████████▄           
 ▄███             ██████▄          █████████ █████████████         ▀██     ██████████           
███     ▄▄▄▄▄     ████████   ██     ███████ █████ ████████     ██          █████▀████           
███     █████▄▄▄▄▄███████            ████████████ ████████     ████        ███████▀██           
███     ███       ██████              █████▄█████ █████         ████       ███████▀             
███     ▀████     █████     ▀██▀      ▀▀████ ████     █         █████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████              
████              ███▀       ██         ██      ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀         ▀█████          
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██               ▀███▀             ▀████        
██          █████        ██                 ██                 ██       ███▄    ██████▄       
██           ███        ▄██▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ████     █████     ██▄        ▀▀▀▀██████████▄   
██▄▄          █        ███████     █████████████     ▀▀▀▀      ████▄           ▀██████████  
 ███                   ███████         █████████             ▄███▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄      ██████████
 ███    █        █     ███████     ▄▄▄▄█████████     ██     ▀████       ▀▀      ██████████
 ███    ██      ██     ███████     ██████   ████     ██▄      ▀██▄▄            ███████▀███ 
██▀▀    ▀▀█    ███       ██▀▀▀              ██         ██       ▀███▄        ▄██████████▀█
██        ██████         ██                 ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████████       
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
 ▀███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FIRST P2P BETTING PLATFORM
Facebook   |   Twitter   |   Telegram   |   Reddit

TRY NEW BETA
FIFA WORLD CUP
    [
See our website:
]
bitwho
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 11:07:53 PM

hey everyone, i dont quite know what can be done here, but there is still 0.62gh/s being mined in scrypt, just randomly clicked here http://karm.multi-pool.eu/ where i used to mine to see if i had any coins left and that pool is mining 342Mh/s and globally there is 0.62Gh/s.

is there any way to tell these pools to shut down and stop mining and also how do you find out which the other pools are?

well looking at the last two block they found 257236 and 257235 , they do not add up to the x11 block explorer. therefore some of those miners will get upset to find out those coins are invalid  Undecided
Marc00s

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 02:59:13 AM

well looking at the last two block they found 257236 and 257235 , they do not add up to the x11 block explorer. therefore some of those miners will get upset to find out those coins are invalid  Undecided

I looked for a contact link, none on karm.multi-pool.eu. The negative for KARM is if these 192 miners and whoever else is still mining Scrypt fork eventually raise a stink that their mining cycles were wasted... yes awareness of the switch is incumbent on miners but still there will be those who will throw mud on KARM for their bad experience and we could get into a negative press cycle.

So I recommend each of us to publicize the KARM X11 switch wherever possible. If we can contact pools and exchanges (I know the Karmateam has done a good job so far) that haven't changed that will be best for KARM!
Alphi

Activity: 798

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 03:05:07 AM

I looked for a contact link, none on karm.multi-pool.eu. The negative for KARM is if these 192 miners and whoever else is still mining Scrypt fork eventually raise a stink that their mining cycles were wasted... yes awareness of the switch is incumbent on miners but still there will be those who will throw mud on KARM for their bad experience and we could get into a negative press cycle.

So I recommend each of us to publicize the KARM X11 switch wherever possible. If we can contact pools and exchanges (I know the Karmateam has done a good job so far) that haven't changed that will be best for KARM!

I agree, less informed people are often the ones who complain the loudest.
not only is it important to get the word out.. but also to let people know that it is the pools responsibility to keep their software updated and to make sure it is mining on the correct fork.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
Chargin

Activity: 184

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 03:20:01 AM

Are we going to make a pool for Scrypt miners that automatically converts other coins mined into Karma?

Vote to get Karma listed on this exchange: https://hitbtc.com/vote (sign up to get a vote for 10 points, vote once every 24 hrs)
altcoingood

Activity: 172

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 03:56:16 AM
Last edit: August 03, 2014, 04:48:31 AM by altcoingood

Go go go.

(the bug will not be patched by me, it's a problem with ABE and nginx, i could fire up an instance of Apache but (srsly!) no).

Exactly! Find the money or create an explorer yourself. You don't need permission to do this. It's called DIY... (edit: i see that coinz use ads on their block explorer pages + they want 0.25btc a year? that is $12/month + ads. i dislike ads but it's not really up to me, just wanted to tell you if you had overlooked it)

You don't need to be on a team or ask the team or anything. you can create content yourself. YOU ARE THE CREATOR. Wink
altcoingood

Activity: 172

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 04:00:15 AM
Last edit: August 03, 2014, 04:19:51 AM by altcoingood

well looking at the last two block they found 257236 and 257235 , they do not add up to the x11 block explorer. therefore some of those miners will get upset to find out those coins are invalid  Undecided

Ahhh yes go back to around page 170 or so where multipool-eu try to insinuate stuff about other pools are only here for the profit and that multipool-eu are here for the long run and they support karma and blah blah blah blah.

now they've just abandoned karma without informing their miners (if they in fact are still on scrypt). i had personally hoped they would have done right by their miners.
Pages: « 1 ... 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 [210] 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 ... 427 »
  Print  

Jump to: