Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:09:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 [208] 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 ... 862 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ¤ DMD Diamond 3.0 | Scarce ¤ Valuable ¤ Secure | PoS 3.0 | Masternodes 65%  (Read 1260277 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
chilo

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 10:13:19 AM

Hey,

Just telling you how the other 5 POS Coins that I Mint, Work.

Now if you say Diamond does not work that way, then I will take your word for it, since it is a hybrid.
Part of the reason , I am in here, is to research your community & your coin since cryptonit wants ZEIT to merge with you like Noble is planning too.

located far away from the majority of the nodes with a high latency

Ok , so what type of internet are you on
 Dial-up or satellite or DSL or Cable ?

Also what Country?

Also is this high latency to a POW node or to your POS Wallets or both ?

Cool

Edit :
If you look at your chart everything that was over 13 interest minted, and most everything with under 1 interest failed to mint.  So are you saying that your latency was high except when your interest was 13 or higher?   Cheesy
Because my answer fits better that your high latency answer according to your own Chart.
If it was a problem with latency the higher interest mintings would have failed at the same rate as the lower interest mintings.
Sorry but high latency is the wrong answer, but the Good news just combine your smaller coin into groupings of at least 350 so they won't fail in minting as much.
Sorry automatic Group stake only goes up to 100, so you will have to do it manually.
And if you still don't believe me go get a VPN that is closer to these nodes you are talking about,
it won't make any difference, but at least you will know the truth.

[/quote]

Hi
ZEIT join Diamond crew? Nice!
Before joining crypto, I had some interest in your movement and found ur coin later. I bought a small amount but there wasn't a lot of support for a while. I have noticed you have picked up and have been swapping out doge and xrp where I can (value). I am glad to hear you are contemplating joining.
The crew here are awesome: excellent support, technical (wallet flawless since last update), planning and above all belief, it's contagious! We are going somewhere! I have been gathering Noble since finding out they are looking at joining. This is the first time I have heard mention of you guys being offered the opportunity to join. I know you have a popular and valuable movement too.
I can only recommend you consider this offer favourably, we all know there is a huge wave coming and we are well (the best) placed to ride it.
Thanks for the good news
Regards
chilo

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 10:48:37 AM

Hi
ZEIT join Diamond crew? Nice!
Before joining crypto, I had some interest in your movement and found ur coin later. I bought a small amount but there wasn't a lot of support for a while. I have noticed you have picked up and have been swapping out doge and xrp where I can (value). I am glad to hear you are contemplating joining.
The crew here are awesome: excellent support, technical (wallet flawless since last update), planning and above all belief, it's contagious! We are going somewhere! I have been gathering Noble since finding out they are looking at joining. This is the first time I have heard mention of you guys being offered the opportunity to join. I know you have a popular and valuable movement too.
I can only recommend you consider this offer favourably, we all know there is a huge wave coming and we are well (the best) placed to ride it.
Thanks for the good news
Regards
chilo

hi chilo

we just talking with zeitcoin first priority is NOBLE for now
but like noblecoin zeitcoin seems to attract similar mindset people as DMD Diamond
so it make sense to talk about a possible closer teamwork in the future and what will be done with NOBLE can be repeated
but its clear we not gather all coins here only that coins that fit and that provide something of value for all the other coins
we will find out what that could be in case of ZEIT

br

helmut

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
danbi

Activity: 393
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 11:12:19 AM

There seems to be some common myths of how POS works and why attempts fail.

By design, PoS is random. It can be forced of course, by modifying code to try to stake as many of your coins as possible, but this will *not* produce more rewards for you and will only result you having to wait longer for the next stake. The code is adjusted so staking happens 'regularly'. (except, it's random <grin> so no guarantees when)
This is not exactly as interest in the bank, where you have contract at which date exactly the bank pays back interest.

It is common misconception, that being 'away' from other nodes impacts your PoS negatively. While *in theory* it is so, one has to do some math to understand why it's not an issue *at all*. For example:

The current Internet has a maximum RTT of under 200ms worldwide. (ok, maybe 300?) If you are connected via two way satellite connection, that should go up to 600ms. This is .. 0.6 seconds for your block to reach the other node(s).

Compare that with the designed PoS interval of 600 seconds per PoS block. It is sometimes less, sometimes more. We talk statistics here, so it's essentially 600 seconds in the long run. This means, you have 1:1000 chance to miss a block in case you are connected via high-latency satellite link to the rest of the network. Should happen once every 1000 PoS blocks you discover, in the long run. (again, we talk statistics here, not someone's bad luck, or.. see below)

Now, if you are lucky, within Europe we have < 60ms RTT, so that gives "us" 1:10000 or 10 times better chances. This means, we could lose a PoS block every 10,000 blocks we generate, instead of "you poor satellite connected guys" who will lose one every 1000 blocks generated. Of course, next time your wallet will PoS, it will (statistically) succeed and because the coins were sitting there longer, you would generate the same profit (in percentages, more in absolute numbers).

By the way, there are many more factors, that influence the block acceptance and in general, they do introduce much larger delays, so the above examples are a bit extreme. Life is actually better with regards to RTT influence on PoS.

The real issues, besides doing PoS in a fork are different. It's one of the typical human sins, greed ;-)
More is not always better.

I am talking about the number of peers here!
There is a reason, why the wallet opens no more than 12 such connections by itself.

The reason is, the more connections you have, the more time you spend servicing them. Further, peers can request you feed them blocks, and if you have say 50 connections, each just booted, you spend pretty much all your time sending them blocks. This leaves you no time for PoS.
So even if you found a PoS (or PoW, same, or even greater problem) block, it will sit in the queue waiting to be sent to other nodes, while you feed them existing blocks (sometimes having to read from disk, do a lot of hash calculations etc).

In summary, PoS and large number of connections are a big no-no.

So those of you, who are having such difficulties
[teacher hat on]

Write 100 times the following (your choice where to write):
"I will not use addnode=1, noirc=0 or listen=1 if I am generating blocks, PoW or PoS. I Promise!"

If, after writing it 100 times, you still do not understand why, try writing it 100 more times. It helps, with time.

[teacher hat off]

Oh, and by the way, you will help reduce the network forks. Thanks! Smiley

BTC: 15cJkRupKAkGr6sTxj1Uzb6uHbvuRyK1GL
DMD: dJZEqNcjiUiMMd8DKBFS9oMWtArAD2GCHr
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 11:48:07 AM

"I will not use addnode=1, noirc=0 or listen=1 if I am generating blocks, PoW or PoS. I Promise!"

ok so CTO says use this conf for heavy mining and minting

Example entries in the config file:

listen=0
noirc=1
connect=193.68.21.19
connect=54.191.208.14
connect=54.255.133.30
connect=54.86.164.216
bantime=600

and delete old peers.dat

i run the other "normal" conf and have no POS issues

fact is run the normal conf supports network with more possible peers
run the suggested "save" conf reduce ur chance to fall into a fork and
as we learned now to have ur wallet overloaded with serve nodes blockdata
and by this have limited resources left for minting

@daniel is wallet utilizing multiple CPU cores so we can say a multicore CPU can handle the tasks more easy?
i run a 8 core CPU so maybe thats the reason i never experienced any minting issues even with 50 connections?

Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
LTCMAXMYR

Activity: 609
Merit: 500

DMD,XZC

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 12:56:57 PM

20:54:01

getmininginfo

20:54:01

{
"blocks" : 644355,
"currentblocksize" : 1000,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 98.67523026,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : false,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"hashespersec" : 0,
"networkhashps" : 6338879026,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"stakepower" : 67631,
"testnet" : false
}

"networkhashps" : 6338879026,
someone is coming again

Never buy any ICO altcoin.
Never buy any ASIC altcoin.
Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 01:03:06 PM

By design, PoS is random. It can be forced of course, by modifying code to try to stake as many of your coins as possible, but this will *not* produce more rewards for you and will only result you having to wait longer for the next stake. The code is adjusted so staking happens 'regularly'. (except, it's random <grin> so no guarantees when)
This is not exactly as interest in the bank, where you have contract at which date exactly the bank pays back interest.

It is common misconception, that being 'away' from other nodes impacts your PoS negatively. While *in theory* it is so, one has to do some math to understand why it's not an issue *at all*. For example:

The current Internet has a maximum RTT of under 200ms worldwide. (ok, maybe 300?) If you are connected via two way satellite connection, that should go up to 600ms. This is .. 0.6 seconds for your block to reach the other node(s).

Compare that with the designed PoS interval of 600 seconds per PoS block. It is sometimes less, sometimes more. We talk statistics here, so it's essentially 600 seconds in the long run. This means, you have 1:1000 chance to miss a block in case you are connected via high-latency satellite link to the rest of the network. Should happen once every 1000 PoS blocks you discover, in the long run. (again, we talk statistics here, not someone's bad luck, or.. see below)

Now, if you are lucky, within Europe we have < 60ms RTT, so that gives "us" 1:10000 or 10 times better chances. This means, we could lose a PoS block every 10,000 blocks we generate, instead of "you poor satellite connected guys" who will lose one every 1000 blocks generated. Of course, next time your wallet will PoS, it will (statistically) succeed and because the coins were sitting there longer, you would generate the same profit (in percentages, more in absolute numbers).

By the way, there are many more factors, that influence the block acceptance and in general, they do introduce much larger delays, so the above examples are a bit extreme. Life is actually better with regards to RTT influence on PoS.

The real issues, besides doing PoS in a fork are different. It's one of the typical human sins, greed ;-)

There is a reason, why the wallet opens no more than 12 such connections by itself.

The reason is, the more connections you have, the more time you spend servicing them. Further, peers can request you feed them blocks, and if you have say 50 connections, each just booted, you spend pretty much all your time sending them blocks. This leaves you no time for PoS.
So even if you found a PoS (or PoW, same, or even greater problem) block, it will sit in the queue waiting to be sent to other nodes, while you feed them existing blocks (sometimes having to read from disk, do a lot of hash calculations etc).

[teacher hat on]

If, after writing it 100 times, you still do not understand why, try writing it 100 more times. It helps, with time.

[teacher hat off]

Definitions from the wallet.
 -maxconnections=<n>   Maintain at most <n> connections to peers (default: 125)
 -addnode=<ip>            Add a node to connect to and attempt to keep the connection open
 -connect=<ip>            Connect only to the specified node(s)
 -irc                           Find peers using internet relay chat (default: 1)
 -listen                       Accept connections from outside (default: 1 if no -proxy or -connect)
 -bantime=<n>            Number of seconds to keep misbehaving peers from reconnecting (default: 86400)
I'm glad some posted that they actually didn't have a config file.
Any parameters missing in your config, lets say there is no max connection= it will try for 125 if listen=1 and addnode is present.
If connect is used they are irrelevant.
When you use connect= it will set listen=0 automatically.
Listen only works with addnode.

In other words if you use the connect=, it will set listen=0 or off and not listen for another node.
No matter whats in the config. Connect will override and only give you the 4 specified nodes.
Listen= 1 or on by default.
Listen= is actually redundant when using connect =
as well as max connections=50 redundant.
You won't get 5 nodes or 10 nodes or whatever max connections=?.
Only 4 nodes.
listen=0
noirc=1
connect=193.68.21.19
connect=54.191.208.14
connect=54.255.133.30
connect=54.86.164.216
bantime=600

Question. Why does the software say irc and you say noirc??
irc=0 and noirc=1 are the same parameter(it won't find peers using IRC)
irc=1 and noirc=0 are the same parameter( it will find peers using IRC)
Go ahead try it check the logs.
hallared

Activity: 150
Merit: 101

The hen or the egg

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 01:08:43 PM

Part of the reason , I am in here, is to research your community & your coin since cryptonit wants ZEIT to merge with you like Noble is planning too.

When it comes to Zeitcoin I see a coin which has a currency pair with LTC at Cryptsy. I see some kind of Zeit-Knights,
which in now way is appealing to me. To me it looks like some kind of gameplaying, with a charity aspect added.
If the other Zeit-Knights are sharing the same mentality as you (kiklo) the coin seems even less appealing to me.
But I dont know the Zeit-community, and I am not going to find out by telling them they all are wrong and I am right.
Cryptonit may have seen some potential in Zeit coin, I dont know.

hallared

Activity: 150
Merit: 101

The hen or the egg

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 01:16:36 PM

Because my answer fits better that your high latency answer according to your own Chart.

What is most important to you here Kiklo? To prove that you are right or to really help someone?
As Polanskiman earlier has explained, this was brought up because he is running the mac wallet. And it was brought up to try to exclude the macwallet as a problem for the other mac wallet user.
When it comes to your hypothesis I can tell you that I have not had those issues in my windows wallet. I live in Europe and have low latency to the nodes. I am not saying that your hypothesis is wrong, I am saying that I have not had those issues or the pattern you see in Polanskimans wallet. I do belive that if your hypothesis was correct, the issue would occure to almost every user.

Just telling you how the other 5 POS Coins that I Mint, Work.

Well, if someone is an expert in repairing Volkswagen cars, does that automatically make that person an expert in reparing Ferrari cars too? Please look up the world humility in a dictionary, it seems to be lacking in your vocabulary.

Mister1k

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 01:46:31 PM

Is this the Diamond community or the Cryptonit community??
Zeit coin?? Are you kidding me??
We don't want to be affiliated with that.
99,000,000,000 coins. Are you kidding me.
Maybe you need to watch Stef crucify Peter Joseph
in a real debate on the Zeitgeist movement.
http://youtu.be/vUtv5E6CkLE
and the aftermath
http://youtu.be/f5jh_lN9TWw
Don't take the shine outta my Diamonds.
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 02:02:06 PM
Last edit: November 13, 2014, 02:54:19 PM by cryptonit

i see potential in "The Zeitgeist Movement"
http://www.thezeitgeistmovement.com

sad story is that zeitcoin have no connection to them
and lost the opportunity to establish itself as a option to solve the
Infinite Growth

The Monetary-Market Model is based upon money being treated as a Commodity and its origination from Debt; sold for Interest Income. This is a "Ponzi Scheme". Each time this Commodity (Money) is sold (Bank Loans) it needs to be paid back (Debt) with more money charged as a fee for profit (Interest). The problem is that the Interest Value required to settle the debt does not exist in the Money Supply outright. In other words, Bankruptcy and Default are not byproducts - they are inevitable – as there is always more debt outstanding than money in existence. This creates severe, offset monetary scarcity that oppresses many people on many levels.

and i believe in this:
In the end, today’s society now has access to highly advanced technologies and can easily provide more than enough for all of the earth’s people. This is possible through the implementation of an economy based on scientific resource management and applying modern methods. This is the purpose of The Zeitgeist Movement- to create a global awareness to thus transition into a new, sustainable direction for humanity as a whole.
if "The Zeitgeist Movement" will be a important factor to reach this i dont know.
but a "good" goal become not less "good" because u dont like some other guys try to achieve it too

not some science fiction technology but the technology that we have already would (if we start to use it) allow with 25% of time spend (compared to the working time "wasted" now) produce anything mankind need without anybody missing food water a place to sleep a internet connection (the basics  Grin)

we all are running in a hamster mill
i see cryptocurrencies as one little step in our mission to escape from there

then not we power the technology
the technology powers us!

Full FAQ text

What is The Zeitgeist Movement?

The Zeitgeist Movement is an explicitly non-violent, global sustainability advocacy group currently working in over 1000 Regional Chapters across 70 countries. The basic structure of The Movement consists of Chapters, Teams, Projects & Events. Overall, the Chapters are essentially what define the Movement and each Chapter works to not only spread awareness about the roots of our social problems today but also to express the logical, scientific solutions and methods we have at our disposal to update and correct the current social system and create a truly responsible, sustainable, peaceful, global society. Working through global and regional educational projects and community programs, the intermediate goal is to obtain a worldwide movement, essentially unifying the people, regardless of country, religion or political party, with a common value identification that we all invariably share, pertaining to our survival and sustainability.

It is the assumption of The Movement that the educational/activist pressure generated, coupled with what is currently a failing social system, will inhibit and override the established political, commercial and nationalist institutions outright, exposing and resolving the flaws inherent. It is our view that the traditional mediums of politics and commerce as forces for change will not obtain the goals needed to make our social system sustainable and humane for they appear to be born out of the same traditionalist, flawed logic that has created the problems as they stand.

The transitional goal, once such a global presence and pressure is obtained, is to implement an economic model that follows a truly scientific train of thought with respect to the technical factors that allow for human propensity, public health and environment responsibility over generational time. This new model, since it is based upon Resource Management and Natural Law (Science) as the logical starting point for all decisions and processes, is often referred to as a "Resource-Based Economic Model". However, the realization of this direction is not that of an institution but of a train of thought - the train of thought of objectively applying The Scientific Method for Social Concern and allowing its natural emergence to flourish without limitation as new efficiencies present themselves.

General Observations:

In the view of The Movement, the society today has become increasingly detached from the physical world, with techniques of production, distribution and social ordering that have little to no relationship to the environment, or the current state of scientific knowledge with respect to public health and sustainability.

Cyclical Consumption

For instance, our use of a profit based, "growth" driven monetary system has become one of the greatest destroyers of the natural world and sustainable human values. The entire global economy requires "cyclical consumption" to operate, which means that money must constantly be circulating. Thus, new goods and services must be constantly introduced regardless of the state of the environment and actual human necessity. This "perpetual" approach has a fatal flaw for resources as we know it are simply not infinite. Resources are finite and the Earth is essentially a closed system. To assume the need for constant consumption to keep people employed and hence the market system going is eco-cidal on a finite planet. The true goal of an economy, by definition, is to strategically preserve and create efficiency. The system today demands the opposite.

Infinite Growth

The Monetary-Market Model is based upon money being treated as a Commodity and its origination from Debt; sold for Interest Income. This is a "Ponzi Scheme". Each time this Commodity (Money) is sold (Bank Loans) it needs to be paid back (Debt) with more money charged as a fee for profit (Interest). The problem is that the Interest Value required to settle the debt does not exist in the Money Supply outright. In other words, Bankruptcy and Default are not byproducts - they are inevitable – as there is always more debt outstanding than money in existence. This creates severe, offset monetary scarcity that oppresses many people on many levels.

The Value of Scarcity

Likewise, the intents inherent within the monetary system derive a strategic edge from scarcity. This means that depleted resources are actually a positive thing for industry in the short term for more money can be made off each respective unit. This is contextual to the monetary law of Supply & Demand and hence "Value" in economics. It creates a perverse reinforcement to ignore environmental problems and the negative consequences that create scarcity; not to mention reinforcing technically unnecessary human deprivation. This system does not/can not meet the needs of the many because it isn't financially efficient to do so.

Problems/Inefficiency = Profit.

Similarly, the system also requires problems/constant consumer interest in order to work. The more people who have cancer or cars that breakdown, the better the economy due to the servicing of those problems. Needless to say, this also generates an inherent disregard for human well being and the environment. Sustainability, efficiency, and preservation are the enemies of this model.
Cost Efficiency & Irresponsible Obsolescence

There is also the Cost Efficiency mechanism that demands cutting expenses to remain “competitive” in the marketplace. Every single product created by a corporation today is immediately inferior by design for the market requirement to cut creation costs in favor of lowering the output "purchase price" to maintain a competitive edge automatically reduces the quality of any given item by default. It is impossible to create the "strategically best"/long lasting anything in our society, which translates into outrageous amounts of wasted resources and time. Likewise, this same mechanism is reinforcing the environmental disregard, depletion, and pollution that we see as a constant in the world today… among other issues.

Waste & Oppression of the Human Resource

As far as Occupations today, we need to ask ourselves what the point is of a given focus and why it is necessary. The fact is, most jobs today are not directly related to the actual necessities of life. Rather, most are artificial concoctions created in order to keep people employed so they can maintain purchasing power in an environment where our technology continues to expand exponentially, displacing humans from the production force.

It is a common statement in politics today to hear about "creating jobs". Well, in theory, an occupation could be created where people are paid to sit in a room and test chewing gum all day, everyday... but is that a viable use of the human mind? Should we relegate our mental capacity to simple any so called job due to mere "economic" reasons, regardless of what it actually contributes to personal and/or social development? This becomes even more bizarre as a train of reason when we realize that Mechanization not only frees us from labor, it is actually more efficient and productive due to the exponential advancement of science and technology.

On a different level, the very reality that each human being is required to be put in a position of servitude to a corporation or client in order to gain income to purchase the necessities of life not only perpetuates the waste of the human mind and human life, it is also a form of oppression – slavery. If we combine the aforementioned "Infinite Growth" point above regarding the Debt pressure that is build into this system, we see that the combination of the guaranteed Debt imbalance and the requirement to submit to Labor, regardless of its purpose/effect, in order to gain monetary income to survival – is a structural form of oppression against the lower classes (who hold the most debt and need for more period income).

As noted, advancements in science and technology have shown that we can automate a great deal. The more we have applied mechanization to labor, the more productive things have become. Therefore, it is not only negligent for us to waste our lives waiting tables, working at a bus station, fixing cars, or other repetitive, monotonous jobs, it is also entirely irresponsible for us not to apply modern mechanization techniques to all industries that it is possible for, apart from strategic resource management, this is a powerful way to achieve balance and abundance for all the world's people, thus reducing crime generating imbalances.

The fact is, the Market System cannot maintain itself with any viable integrity anymore for corporation will continue to save money through automation, displacing human labor- which also displaces purchasing power, continuing the inevitable loss of "growth" that defines this system.

In the end, today’s society now has access to highly advanced technologies and can easily provide more than enough for all of the earth’s people. This is possible through the implementation of an economy based on scientific resource management and applying modern methods. This is the purpose of The Zeitgeist Movement- to create a global awareness to thus transition into a new, sustainable direction for humanity as a whole.

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 02:03:22 PM
Last edit: November 13, 2014, 02:30:56 PM by cryptonit

That aside, I would like to invest in DMD cloudmining, how can I do that ? (I don't remember the email adress)

INVEST ONCE -> EARN EACH DAY!

no power cost
no maintenance
no heat
no noise
nothing beside payouts

http://multipool.bit.diamonds/
email cloud@bit.diamonds for more infos

What's the best way to invest into DMD?
In my opinion you should split your investment into the following:
By buying 50% DMD direct and 50% into DMD Cloudmining
This way you can maximize your profit and stabilize the coin.
http://multipool.bit.diamonds/
cloud@bit.diamonds

Also by providing your referrer wallet address we can make sure both the investor and referrer both get bonus shares.

Got no referrer still want the bonus shares? Ask for a referrer here someone sure willing help ya get bonus shares.

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 02:04:57 PM
Last edit: November 13, 2014, 02:34:30 PM by cryptonit

We don't want to be affiliated with that.
99,000,000,000 coins. Are you kidding me.
Maybe you need to watch Stef crucify Peter Joseph
in a real debate on the Zeitgeist movement.
http://youtu.be/vUtv5E6CkLE
and the aftermath
http://youtu.be/f5jh_lN9TWw
Don't take the shine outta my Diamonds.

please speak for urself
"I" don't want to be affiliated with that.
"we" listen to u (we is correct here because i am not alone representing the DMD Diamond Foundation)
ur voice wont be unrecognized

cryptonite community u find following this way: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=713538.0  Cool
(sorry couldnt resist  Grin )

Mister1k

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 02:44:21 PM

i see potential in "The Zeitgeist Movement"
http://www.thezeitgeistmovement.com

sad story is that zeitcoin have no connection to them
and lost the opportunity to establish itself as a option to solve the
Infinite Growth

Full FAQ text

What is The Zeitgeist Movement?

The Zeitgeist Movement is an explicitly non-violent, global sustainability advocacy group currently working in over 1000 Regional Chapters across 70 countries. The basic structure of The Movement consists of Chapters, Teams, Projects & Events. Overall, the Chapters are essentially what define the Movement and each Chapter works to not only spread awareness about the roots of our social problems today but also to express the logical, scientific solutions and methods we have at our disposal to update and correct the current social system and create a truly responsible, sustainable, peaceful, global society. Working through global and regional educational projects and community programs, the intermediate goal is to obtain a worldwide movement, essentially unifying the people, regardless of country, religion or political party, with a common value identification that we all invariably share, pertaining to our survival and sustainability.

It is the assumption of The Movement that the educational/activist pressure generated, coupled with what is currently a failing social system, will inhibit and override the established political, commercial and nationalist institutions outright, exposing and resolving the flaws inherent. It is our view that the traditional mediums of politics and commerce as forces for change will not obtain the goals needed to make our social system sustainable and humane for they appear to be born out of the same traditionalist, flawed logic that has created the problems as they stand.

The transitional goal, once such a global presence and pressure is obtained, is to implement an economic model that follows a truly scientific train of thought with respect to the technical factors that allow for human propensity, public health and environment responsibility over generational time. This new model, since it is based upon Resource Management and Natural Law (Science) as the logical starting point for all decisions and processes, is often referred to as a "Resource-Based Economic Model". However, the realization of this direction is not that of an institution but of a train of thought - the train of thought of objectively applying The Scientific Method for Social Concern and allowing its natural emergence to flourish without limitation as new efficiencies present themselves.

General Observations:

In the view of The Movement, the society today has become increasingly detached from the physical world, with techniques of production, distribution and social ordering that have little to no relationship to the environment, or the current state of scientific knowledge with respect to public health and sustainability.

Cyclical Consumption

For instance, our use of a profit based, "growth" driven monetary system has become one of the greatest destroyers of the natural world and sustainable human values. The entire global economy requires "cyclical consumption" to operate, which means that money must constantly be circulating. Thus, new goods and services must be constantly introduced regardless of the state of the environment and actual human necessity. This "perpetual" approach has a fatal flaw for resources as we know it are simply not infinite. Resources are finite and the Earth is essentially a closed system. To assume the need for constant consumption to keep people employed and hence the market system going is eco-cidal on a finite planet. The true goal of an economy, by definition, is to strategically preserve and create efficiency. The system today demands the opposite.

Infinite Growth

The Value of Scarcity

Likewise, the intents inherent within the monetary system derive a strategic edge from scarcity. This means that depleted resources are actually a positive thing for industry in the short term for more money can be made off each respective unit. This is contextual to the monetary law of Supply & Demand and hence "Value" in economics. It creates a perverse reinforcement to ignore environmental problems and the negative consequences that create scarcity; not to mention reinforcing technically unnecessary human deprivation. This system does not/can not meet the needs of the many because it isn't financially efficient to do so.

Problems/Inefficiency = Profit.

Similarly, the system also requires problems/constant consumer interest in order to work. The more people who have cancer or cars that breakdown, the better the economy due to the servicing of those problems. Needless to say, this also generates an inherent disregard for human well being and the environment. Sustainability, efficiency, and preservation are the enemies of this model.
Cost Efficiency & Irresponsible Obsolescence

There is also the Cost Efficiency mechanism that demands cutting expenses to remain “competitive” in the marketplace. Every single product created by a corporation today is immediately inferior by design for the market requirement to cut creation costs in favor of lowering the output "purchase price" to maintain a competitive edge automatically reduces the quality of any given item by default. It is impossible to create the "strategically best"/long lasting anything in our society, which translates into outrageous amounts of wasted resources and time. Likewise, this same mechanism is reinforcing the environmental disregard, depletion, and pollution that we see as a constant in the world today… among other issues.

Waste & Oppression of the Human Resource

As far as Occupations today, we need to ask ourselves what the point is of a given focus and why it is necessary. The fact is, most jobs today are not directly related to the actual necessities of life. Rather, most are artificial concoctions created in order to keep people employed so they can maintain purchasing power in an environment where our technology continues to expand exponentially, displacing humans from the production force.

It is a common statement in politics today to hear about "creating jobs". Well, in theory, an occupation could be created where people are paid to sit in a room and test chewing gum all day, everyday... but is that a viable use of the human mind? Should we relegate our mental capacity to simple any so called job due to mere "economic" reasons, regardless of what it actually contributes to personal and/or social development? This becomes even more bizarre as a train of reason when we realize that Mechanization not only frees us from labor, it is actually more efficient and productive due to the exponential advancement of science and technology.

On a different level, the very reality that each human being is required to be put in a position of servitude to a corporation or client in order to gain income to purchase the necessities of life not only perpetuates the waste of the human mind and human life, it is also a form of oppression – slavery. If we combine the aforementioned "Infinite Growth" point above regarding the Debt pressure that is build into this system, we see that the combination of the guaranteed Debt imbalance and the requirement to submit to Labor, regardless of its purpose/effect, in order to gain monetary income to survival – is a structural form of oppression against the lower classes (who hold the most debt and need for more period income).

As noted, advancements in science and technology have shown that we can automate a great deal. The more we have applied mechanization to labor, the more productive things have become. Therefore, it is not only negligent for us to waste our lives waiting tables, working at a bus station, fixing cars, or other repetitive, monotonous jobs, it is also entirely irresponsible for us not to apply modern mechanization techniques to all industries that it is possible for, apart from strategic resource management, this is a powerful way to achieve balance and abundance for all the world's people, thus reducing crime generating imbalances.

The fact is, the Market System cannot maintain itself with any viable integrity anymore for corporation will continue to save money through automation, displacing human labor- which also displaces purchasing power, continuing the inevitable loss of "growth" that defines this system.

Yet the homepage says they are here to spread the teachings of the Zietgeist Movement.
http://www.zeit-coin.com/
 A new Proof of Stake resource with a purpose.
To spread the word of the teachings of the Zeitgeist Movement.
To be used as a complementary currency involved in trading for resources.
99,000,000,000 total ZEIT will be made, enough to involve the longevity of this revolutionary concept.
So there purpose is to spread the word not create wealth or value.

You can't attach an ideology to a coin. And they are using that ideology to promote.
That's as dumb as telling someone to invest in cloudmining with BTC instead of Fiat currency.

Someone invested 1 BTC on Nov 1 and he got back 12 dollars or 62 diamonds in 9 days.
Yet BTC rose 23.5 percent in the last 7 days.
http://fiatleak.com/
and please don't patronize me with word salad. We and I.
The problem is you actually recognize that diamond doesn't have the liquidity of other coins.
and with 600,000 plus in circulation and no one moving them.
You are trying to keep the price stable with this cloudmining thing.
Poll it to the community.
Watch where the bitcoins are going.
In the time it took to write this
21000 bitcoins went to china. 1100 to the US and 0 to Europe. Thats liquidity
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 03:04:20 PM
Last edit: November 13, 2014, 03:29:32 PM by cryptonit

Someone invested 1 BTC on Nov 1 and he got back 12 dollars or 62 diamonds in 9 days.
The problem is you actually recognize that diamond doesn't have the liquidity of other coins.

great analysis mr1k
thats what i do
we are open to any great ideas
and even more to people who act to make things happen
how u plan to contribute to our success story?

what u suggest to make us perform more like BTC
turn time back and make us first broad adopted cryptocurrency?

if u watch the situation realistic we doing here a great job to repeat bitcoins success story
and we still have 2 years to be where bitcoin is now

just the time i write this
our CEO is taking part in a cryptocoin convention to make sure
we DMD Diamond are part of the cryptocoin future
u see me hang out at BTT managing comunity but i am just the top of the "iceberg"
love me or hate me but dont be a fool and think i am "Diamond"

"Diamond" is the "collective property" of everyone who contribute to it
a "dream" a "vision" of the future we want be part of.

kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 04:16:20 PM
Last edit: November 13, 2014, 04:27:35 PM by kiklo

What is most important to you here Kiklo? To prove that you are right or to really help someone?

Trying to help, but in my case , Only The Truth matters to me, which is why you see me ask questions.
I want to know the true answers not just the ones considered correct.
If you think I am wrong, details get that across better than anything else.
If an answer does not fit, I will keep digging until I hit the truth (the actual answer).
It is my method and their is passion in it which can be mistaken for another character trait.
Zeit is a movement , not a coin and our goals are to change the world for the better.

Cool

FYI:
If someone is about to run off a cliff , and I am Forceful to prevent them , does it make me arrogant or compassionate?
Looking forward to your answer.
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 04:44:47 PM
Last edit: November 13, 2014, 05:05:50 PM by kiklo

[teacher hat on]

[teacher hat off]

Now your response is cool,
Couple of questions,
do you feel 12 is the best number of connections or a different #?

Zeit does have over 20 network connections sometimes, but have not noticed a problem,
is there any way you can think of that I can test your 2nd statement or anything to focus on?
(should I just monitor the Cpu & Network usage for more info or should I monitor current difficulty?)

If almost all of the peers are up to date , is your conclusion still accurate?
Oh and does it make any difference in your opinion of a full POS verses a POW/POS in the above situation?

Thanks,
 Cool
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 04:47:56 PM

Is there really the Truth ? Or maybe there are just commonly accepted facts that can evolve. To my knowledge, today, the only persons who believe in the Truth are fanatics. Are you a fanatic ?

If your definition of a fanatic is one who seeks the truth, and disregards falsehoods
then you can call me a fanatic.

Cool
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 04:52:22 PM

Cryptonit,

I have a question. My knowledge in cryptocoin economics is very limited, therefore I ask you this:

DMD cloudmining centralizes Hashrate power and permits people to invest in it without any mining background. What mining does, if I understood well, is adding new DMDs to the current coins count, thus increasing the inflation pressure created by daily new supply of DMDs (more DMDs for same coin cap is equal to dilution of price, right ?). If what I said before is not wrong, then I need an answer to this:

I don't see how the "buy pressure" you wrote about in your posts is created by DMD cloumining, could you pls explain me ?

ok i see u missed  one puzzle piece than it will make sense to u

DMD Cloudming dont mine DMD it uses profitswitching cloud hashrate which pay out the earnings in BTC towards DMD Multipool where its converted into DMD by utilizing tradingbots who buy DMD at cryptsy

the earned DMD each convertion round will then be split between DMD Cloudming shareholders and sent to their wallets

shveicar
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013

DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 06:18:20 PM

Quote from: Mister1k

liquidity is a relative term. For example, a work of art that were present in a single copy and stoyut millions have greater liquidity?
 Now crypto market money rules. For example blank urocoin, all coins are concentrated in the same hands of puppeteers, and therefore may draw value at 10 and 100 dollars. Enough to share with several exchanges of money and run several trading robots, and that create the appearance of capitalization.
 Diamond goes its own way, there all to be honest. No phony capitalization and counterfeit coins. There are only enthusiasts and developers. Almost as was once started Bitcoin.
Soon reward in the block change by 0.1 coin and then everyone will see the true value of a Diamond.

Diamond The best investment in your future! ✧ it's 35% POS and 65% Msternode ✧
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 06:38:22 PM
Last edit: November 13, 2014, 07:05:13 PM by cryptonit

Cryptonit,

I have a question. My knowledge in cryptocoin economics is very limited, therefore I ask you this:

DMD cloudmining centralizes Hashrate power and permits people to invest in it without any mining background. What mining does, if I understood well, is adding new DMDs to the current coins count, thus increasing the inflation pressure created by daily new supply of DMDs (more DMDs for same coin cap is equal to dilution of price, right ?). If what I said before is not wrong, then I need an answer to this:

I don't see how the "buy pressure" you wrote about in your posts is created by DMD cloumining, could you pls explain me ?

ok i see u missed  one puzzle piece than it will make sense to u

DMD Cloudming dont mine DMD it uses profitswitching cloud hashrate which pay out the earnings in BTC towards DMD Multipool where its converted into DMD by utilizing tradingbots who buy DMD at cryptsy

the earned DMD each convertion round will then be split between DMD Cloudming shareholders and sent to their wallets

"Profitswitching cloud hashrate"

Frankly, I only understood that investor's money is used by trading bots. I am a total newcomer to DMD cloudmining. Could you pls explain me this again like you would explain it to a kid, pls ?
mining: generate new coins by solving cryptografic work done with cpu or gpu or specialiced hardware (deepens on the algorythm the coin use)

cloudmining: instead of everyone runs his own hardware at home replace old hardware with new hardware  a company is doing it  and sell the hashrate (miningpower) in shortterm longerm or even lifetime contracts. most cloudmining provider pay out earnings in BTC but do mining by profitswitching

profitswitching: instead  of always mine the same coin it mines the most profitable coin mineable with its hardware

multipool: allows profitbased mining and in most cases select the desired payout coin

dmd cloudmining: uses longterm 5 years and lifetime cloudmining contracts bought at B2B conditions which do payout in BTC but use profitswitching for maximum profit. the earned BTC run through DMD Multipool which convert it into DMD.

Pages: « 1 ... 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 [208] 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 ... 862 »
  Print  

Jump to: