Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:12:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 [213] 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 ... 862 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ¤ DMD Diamond 3.0 | Scarce ¤ Valuable ¤ Secure | PoS 3.0 | Masternodes 65%  (Read 1260277 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
shveicar
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013

DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 07:23:39 PM

Serious people still like to collect and trade things, look at real coins or stamps. Would you consider those people, who like to collect them unserious?
collecting stamps and creation of multi-colored coins are different things. No need to turn Diamond in circus for children.

The most important thing now reorganize the algorithm, make it to combine and maximum security against attacks by underground miners with FPGA devices.

Diamond The best investment in your future! ✧ it's 35% POS and 65% Msternode ✧

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 08:56:45 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2014, 09:11:32 PM by cryptonit

the power gather stuff and complete a gathering have on people is great
but instead of create such mini game we better should provide ways people can do that on their own

if we say DMD Diamond is a storage of wealth system then at first we talk about DMD itself
but we dont exclude the possibility that the wealth that u storage is somehow attached to our block chain from outside
its a asset u move into the diamond network that u store there or trade with others

the future will reveal so many possible extensions to block chain technology
there is absolutely no reason why DMD Diamond can not add that ones that fit to our coin concept

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
popshot (OP)

Activity: 774
Merit: 554

CEO Diamond Foundation

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 09:10:24 PM

Today I have been thinking about Diamondcoins success and I have came up with a thing or two. First of all Diamondcoin needs to feel like a real treasure and it's name and the graphics in use are already doing a good job, but there is more to be done, like two factor auth. Furthermore it needs an instant use for it's supporters.

Now we have some Diamondcoins sitting in our wallets and they generate a few coins within an uncertain amount of time and that is totally fine, but actually I can not buy many real things and the need to trade them with others is really low. In my opinion this should change, because a relativly small number of people stacking up their wallets will not help Diamondcoin to succeed and it is boring.

My idea is quite simple, we should create subsets of diamond coins, let's call them "fancy diamond coins" and each of them still has a value of 1 DMD. Let's say there are 256 different fancy diamond coins. All DMDs created by PoW are normal, but as soon as they beginn to mint, they become a fancy diamond coin with a certain color and shape. Now we would need some kind of trade channel in the Diamond Wallet, where people could trade their randomly generated fancy DMDs with the goal to collect all different kinds of them, to form a "full set of diamonds" which could lead to all kinds of benefits, like slightly higher gains in PoS, lower fees in PoW pools and of course, great reputation in the community.

Thanks stillontop for your suggestions.

We have actually debated this already, to create an in wallet trading platform for special coloured diamonds, but this idea was quickly defeated.  As shveicar put it, quite emotionally I must admit, that would feel gimmicky.

As to your first idea, I agree that we need more services accepting Diamond. Problem is, this won’t happen any time soon. Part of the solution it is to be included in payment processors or create our own VeriBit like DMD BTC pairing that would allow for direct purchases in ever shop that accepts Bitcoin. This would put sell pressure on Diamond but at the same time create usability. 

Keep thinking Wink

popshot (OP)

Activity: 774
Merit: 554

CEO Diamond Foundation

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 09:33:13 PM

Popshot,

Could you clarify this "This is departure from decentralised model into a pseudo certalised one. Many people might not like it.

Basically my view is the current problems with finance are due to the centralized nature of current banking.  Centralizing power creates a single point of corruption, manipulation and failure.  What our current money system is wrought with.  The power should be in the hands of the users and the technology.  

Well, we need to look at things in perspective. Either we want to be like any other crypto that is speculatively traded within small crypto scene market where growth prospects are limited or we want to appeal to the masses (and I mean millions of people). The other one won’t happen if we don’t acknowledge that there is duality in this capital market world. You have centuries old entrenched banking system and us .. where Bitcoin itself is just a fraction of a fraction of all payments made in the world.  We have no chance standing against the Goliath, but we can well push boundaries as to how much playing field we can keep for ourselves. As DMDCreeper had said, there must be some middle ground, a bridge that will allow for two systems to be able to coexist.

Now, when the blockchain technology was released there is no way of stopping it. There will always be anarchist projects that would stay completely decentralised, hiding in the back alleys of the internet… but is this really the future we want for Diamond?

By pseudo centralised I had in mind that coin production stays decentralised, however some part of Diamond should be tied to ecosystem that supports it. Some focal point where mainstream can interact without any fear.

We are still researching things, so this is still up for discussion.

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 10:06:41 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2014, 11:44:18 PM by cryptonit

fact is that dmd diamond have no community driven development

no one is submitting code improvements to github since ages

(the last one who did became our lead developer)

its a illusion that we all together create dmd diamond

there is a core of 3 people and a extended group of like 10 people who contribute ideas and beta test capacities

outside of this there is only requests about what should happen but no contribution to make it happen

DMD Diamond is by mindset no robin hood rebel/outlaw against actual economy

its a serious atempt to use cryptocoin blockchain technology to extend the actual economy
with a new option that even everyday people (non nerds or cyberrebels) feel comfortable to use

the security such people request is that there is someone standing behind the coin
someone who state we will take care about the coin network and coin code and longterm maintain it
we will expand possibilities but still guarantee to stick with the original coinrollout speed

to fulfill all that its time to become a company special the great impact on coin economy from dmd coudmining project need this
to save me as a person and give the people who gave their money for this project a visible legal framework in which we operate

one of the problem we face when consult experts regarding founding of a new  company
is people ask us if we crazy how our company should earn money

they see we work endless hours without salary we run dmd  cloudmining without have a fee for the user
we provide dmd multipool without any fee

this is a problem i dont have a solution until yet
i got told a company that dont aim to earn profit
isnt a company its considered to be just a hobby and not allowed to be registered as a company

Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 10:28:44 PM

Well actually I proposed some patches (some months ago) for non-x86 compiling but they were never integrated.

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 10:53:50 PM

Well actually I proposed some patches (some months ago) for non-x86 compiling but they were never integrated.
pallas u are of part of the extended circle u dont count as someone outside Wink

pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 11:40:36 PM

pallas u are of part of the extended circle u dont count as someone outside Wink

Well I sure as heck like to think I am a member of this community.  I am not technical in anyway that could help develop the coin but I have had my miners on DMD since 4-29-14.  I haven't sold a single diamond and like to think I am helping secure the network.  I know that my hash is small now considering what I see on Danbi's pool and what is showing in the overall network rate.  If an asic or change in algorithm comes out I will switch my asics to DMD instead of multipool to help secure it still.  If there is any other way I can contribute besides power for my gpus and asics please let me know.

hallared

Activity: 150
Merit: 101

The hen or the egg

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 11:50:13 PM

Interesting reading about Riga Convent.

However, it would be good to know more specific which issues/problems that is causing the feeling of urgency. Also how urgent is urgent?

To get a better picture of the situation, a clearer identification of the issues/problems and possible solutions in combination with an analysis of consequences would be very appreciated.

Well , these are some of my ideas for you...

Issue number one is security and stability.....

Thank you Popshot for expressing ideas and for clarification. There really is a lot to think about and understand about the future plans for DMD. I might not fully understand all of it yet but I agree that security and stability is the most important thing right know. Without that the future possibilities for DMD will be very limited. I will follow the thread with great interest and when time allows try to contribute with whatever I can.

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 11:50:32 PM

Well I sure as heck like to think I am a member of this community.  I am not technical in anyway that could help develop the coin but I have had my miners on DMD since 4-29-14.  I haven't sold a single diamond and like to think I am helping secure the network.  I know that my hash is small now considering what I see on Danbi's pool and what is showing in the overall network rate.  If an asic or change in algorithm comes out I will switch my asics to DMD instead of multipool to help secure it still.  If there is any other way I can contribute besides power for my gpus and asics please let me know.

excuse my harsh word before
the bitter words are just the addition of stuff that gathered together and its a burden i carry around

i know a lot people contribute in a way they can

hallared

Activity: 150
Merit: 101

The hen or the egg

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 11:53:43 PM

Nobody will forget how you contributed to the voting on Usecryptos.

LTCMAXMYR

Activity: 609
Merit: 500

DMD,XZC

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 12:12:47 AM

Well I sure as heck like to think I am a member of this community.  I am not technical in anyway that could help develop the coin but I have had my miners on DMD since 4-29-14.  I haven't sold a single diamond and like to think I am helping secure the network.  I know that my hash is small now considering what I see on Danbi's pool and what is showing in the overall network rate.  If an asic or change in algorithm comes out I will switch my asics to DMD instead of multipool to help secure it still.  If there is any other way I can contribute besides power for my gpus and asics please let me know.
good,i like you.i am in your way,mine a lot and sell none.
many altcoins are dying,but dmd is very stable.

Never buy any ICO altcoin.
Never buy any ASIC altcoin.
pokeytex
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 12:14:08 AM

excuse my harsh word before
the bitter words are just the addition of stuff that gathered together and its a burden i carry around

i know a lot people contribute in a way they can

Not a problem Cryptonit - But I am serious - If I can help in some way whether it be beta testing or provide feedback of any kind let me know - In real life I am a salesman for a sign company and I tinker with computers on the side.  If any of that fits in to your plan let me know if I can contribute any time to help.

pokeytex
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 12:15:09 AM

Nobody will forget how you contributed to the voting on Usecryptos.

;-) Thanks

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 09:06:02 AM

I have to say I was quite shocked when you told me the daily budget of the DMD foundation is 70 DMD. Therefore, I strongly believe you should create a company and charge us 5% fee on all your pools and services. This may permit you to hire a paid team to work on DMD to ensure long-term viabilty, security and growth.

i think 5% is to much
but how about 3%
as the dmd cloudmining contract state at the moment that we guarantee
never more than  to 3% of total shares are bonus shares

now nearly the whole 3% of bonus shares are split as bonus shares between the investor as referral bonus (for investor and referrer)

we could future created bonus shares use to power the company

question is a referral program needed to reach new dmd cloudmining investors
if yes how we can power it if we dont have any bonus shares to offer any longer?

if there people in community who want to help than marketing and salesmen skillset would be very valuable

our core team is 100% at V3 preparations create whitepaper prioritize backlog items and new features and creating work-packages for coding

we could really need a helping hand at DMD Cloudmining promotion marketing.

another skillset we would find use is accountant.

so what skill we can use:

marketing
sales
accounting
lawyer
UI coding
wallet coding
web(webshop)
security(two way authentication...)
community management and support
and and and............

u might ask if we need so much what we have already
its not like we have nothing of the list above
we have just not enough of it because people fulfill multiple roles at once and only have limited time in each area
or some people have just a limited pool of hours they can spend

example daniel is a great coder but his time is very limited
so even we have a great coder we still seek new coder

chilo

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 10:23:35 AM

I would be happy to pay. We are charged for everything and the company needs income. I think 10% is fair and reasonable, may be expensive in altcoin world but if we want stable and secure, and entry to the bigtime, we are going to have to pay!

pokeytex
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 11:44:54 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2014, 12:05:29 PM by pokeytex

I have to say I was quite shocked when you told me the daily budget of the DMD foundation is 70 DMD. Therefore, I strongly believe you should create a company and charge us 5% fee on all your pools and services. This may permit you to hire a paid team to work on DMD to ensure long-term viabilty, security and growth.

i think 5% is to much
but how about 3%
as the dmd cloudmining contract state at the moment that we guarantee
never more than  to 3% of total shares are bonus shares

now nearly the whole 3% of bonus shares are split as bonus shares between the investor as referral bonus (for investor and referrer)

we could future created bonus shares use to power the company

question is a referral program needed to reach new dmd cloudmining investors
if yes how we can power it if we dont have any bonus shares to offer any longer?

if there people in community who want to help than marketing and salesmen skillset would be very valuable

our core team is 100% at V3 preparations create whitepaper prioritize backlog items and new features and creating work-packages for coding

we could really need a helping hand at DMD Cloudmining promotion marketing.

another skillset we would find use is accountant.

so what skill we can use:

marketing
sales
accounting
lawyer
UI coding
wallet coding
web(webshop)
security(two way authentication...)
community management and support
and and and............

u might ask if we need so much what we have already
its not like we have nothing of the list above
we have just not enough of it because people fulfill multiple roles at once and only have limited time in each area
or some people have just a limited pool of hours they can spend

example daniel is a great coder but his time is very limited
so even we have a great coder we still seek new coder

Hello - I would have no problem paying a commission/fee on the transactional end of every payment you make to me.  I would be comfortable up to 5% of the transaction that would go to the foundation wallet.  I do not have marketing skills but I would say don't randomly change contracts that are in place - that spooks me.  I would accept a transaction percent since you convert our BTC to DMD daily.  Between multipool and cloud mining I usually get about 25 DMD per day.  A 5% commision on that is about 1.25 DMD's in the foundations wallet.  I am ok with that.  

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 12:52:33 PM

Hello - I would have no problem paying a commission/fee or the transactional end of every payment you make to me.  I would be comfortable up to 5% of the transaction that would go to the foundation wallet.  I do not have marketing skills but I would say don't randomly change contracts that are in place - that spooks me.  I would accept a transaction percent since you convert our BTC to DMD daily.  Between multipool and cloud mining I usually get about 25 DMD per day.  A 5% commision on that is about 1.25 DMD's in the foundations wallet.  I am ok with that.  

ok thx for ur feedback

please more voices from community speak up

we did read now values between 3% and 10%
on services that the company would provide

services at begin would be dmd cloudmining and dmd multipool
later on trading dmd cloudmining shares

keep in mind the company would use this earnings to maintain
and improve dmd diamond wallet code and network infrastructure mostly

we dont create a company with focus to earn a profit (even if laws force us to try so)
we create a company to give DMD Diamond a legal backbone and make sure we can longterm maintain and improve it

pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 01:03:55 PM

isn't the foundation already getting 5% of all mined blocks? don't get me wrong, I'm sure you can do wonderful things with some more money, but maybe 3% on the services + 5% on all blocks is enough.

pokeytex
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 01:18:07 PM

Hello - I would have no problem paying a commission/fee or the transactional end of every payment you make to me.  I would be comfortable up to 5% of the transaction that would go to the foundation wallet.  I do not have marketing skills but I would say don't randomly change contracts that are in place - that spooks me.  I would accept a transaction percent since you convert our BTC to DMD daily.  Between multipool and cloud mining I usually get about 25 DMD per day.  A 5% commision on that is about 1.25 DMD's in the foundations wallet.  I am ok with that.  

ok thx for ur feedback

please more voices from community speak up

we did read now values between 3% and 10%
on services that the company would provide

services at begin would be dmd cloudmining and dmd multipool
later on trading dmd cloudmining shares

keep in mind the company would use this earnings to maintain
and improve dmd diamond wallet code and network infrastructure mostly

we dont create a company with focus to earn a profit (even if laws force us to try so)
we create a company to give DMD Diamond a legal backbone and make sure we can longterm maintain and improve it

I am not sure about other countries but a business in the US can open up as a non-profit entity.  I am not sure of the legal process though and/or the requirements to stay non-profit.

Pages: « 1 ... 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 [213] 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 ... 862 »
  Print  

Jump to: