Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 06:24:26 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 [209] 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 ... 862 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ¤ DMD Diamond 3.0 | Scarce ¤ Valuable ¤ Secure | PoS 3.0 | Masternodes 65%  (Read 1260363 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
hallared

Activity: 150
Merit: 101

The hen or the egg

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 06:44:37 PM

Because my answer fits better that your high latency answer according to your own Chart.

What is most important to you here Kiklo? To prove that you are right or to really help someone?

Trying to help, but in my case , Only The Truth matters to me, which is why you see me ask questions.
I want to know the true answers not just the ones considered correct.
If you think I am wrong, details get that across better than anything else.
If an answer does not fit, I will keep digging until I hit the truth (the actual answer).
It is my method and their is passion in it which can be mistaken for another character trait.
Zeit is a movement , not a coin and our goals are to change the world for the better.

Cool

FYI:
If someone is about to run off a cliff , and I am Forceful to prevent them , does it make me arrogant or compassionate?
Looking forward to your answer.

Asking questions is not wrong, but trying to answer questions without knowing and/or finding out the facts is not particularly helpful.

Zeit is not a coin. Message received.

The truth is in the eye of the beholder and since the facts are unknown in the situation you describes there may be different opinions whether you are compassionate or arrogant or both.

danbi

Activity: 393
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 06:45:56 PM

@daniel is wallet utilizing multiple CPU cores so we can say a multicore CPU can handle the tasks more easy?
i run a 8 core CPU so maybe thats the reason i never experienced any minting issues even with 50 connections?

Yes. It also helps that you run a higher end CPU (guess, it's an Intel CPU, which does tricks to boost single threaded performance).

The wallet runs separate threads for each task, but in this particular case, the networking thread is just one and if you happen to have many 'slave' peers, your sending of existing blocks to them has priority to your sending new blocks to them. The typical protocol asks for 500 blocks from you, and only after you send these, you will send the current/new block you just discovered. Such bursts could be few megabytes in size. Now, multiply by number of 'slave' peers. Therefore, faster network helps too. Especially your upload speed...

As I mentioned, typically you should not expect to have issues with this, but if for some reason your CPU/network get starved, it is your newly mined/minted blocks that will get hurt.

It is of course best to support the network. This is why, I run a separate 'full' nodes on different hardware and separate mining/minting nodes that only connect to these 'full' nodes and the official nodes. Ok, I have the luxury to have plenty of IP addresses and servers, but that's not unique.

BTC: 15cJkRupKAkGr6sTxj1Uzb6uHbvuRyK1GL
DMD: dJZEqNcjiUiMMd8DKBFS9oMWtArAD2GCHr
danbi

Activity: 393
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 07:08:26 PM

There seems to be some common myths of how POS works and why attempts fail.

[...]

Now your response is cool,
Couple of questions,
do you feel 12 is the best number of connections or a different #?

Zeit does have over 20 network connections sometimes, but have not noticed a problem,
is there any way you can think of that I can test your 2nd statement or anything to focus on?
(should I just monitor the Cpu & Network usage for more info or should I monitor current difficulty?)

If almost all of the peers are up to date , is your conclusion still accurate?
Oh and does it make any difference in your opinion of a full POS verses a POW/POS in the above situation?

Thanks,
 Cool

The best number of connections is very dependent on your hardware and network. And the number of coin amounts you have in the wallet etc.

This '12' number is only the connections your wallet will open to other nodes by itself. (if not using connect=)

The current difficulty has nothing to do with the events that happen when you have too many connections. The 'difficulty' is actually a number, to which the 'good' hash compares. It is not relevant to wallet CPU usage or network usage.

If all peers are up to date, the impact will be lower of course. But this only works if you control who your peers are.
If you use listen=1, then anyone from the Internet may/will connect to your node and ask for blocks. Your wallet will first service them, then tell them (and everyone else) you found a new block.
This is because all threads run in the wallet asynchronously and if your networking thread is busy, long time will pass before it even checks whether the mining/minting threads found something.

I do not understand your last question. What is full PoS and what is PoW/PoS?

BTC: 15cJkRupKAkGr6sTxj1Uzb6uHbvuRyK1GL
DMD: dJZEqNcjiUiMMd8DKBFS9oMWtArAD2GCHr
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 07:28:14 PM

Oh and does it make any difference in your opinion of a full POS verses a POW/POS in the above situation?

POS in pure POS coins

and POS and POW/POS hybrid coins
have no differences

POS itself have multiple way how it can be configured
but that have nothing to do if the coin use POW too or not

a hybrid coin just have multiple way how block can be generated
but each way on his own operate independent

there are coins who run multiple POW simultaneous example myriad
there each POW run independent from the other

afaik there is no coin which run different POS mechanism side by side
but that still could be possible (interesting idea...)

but one or multiple POW and or one POS way to generate new blocks is no problem
and every way generate blocks is working independent.

coins with hybrid ways to generate blocks have a increased security against 51% attacks

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 07:41:05 PM

[...]

Now your response is cool,
Couple of questions,
do you feel 12 is the best number of connections or a different #?

Zeit does have over 20 network connections sometimes, but have not noticed a problem,
is there any way you can think of that I can test your 2nd statement or anything to focus on?
(should I just monitor the Cpu & Network usage for more info or should I monitor current difficulty?)

If almost all of the peers are up to date , is your conclusion still accurate?

Thanks,
 Cool

The best number of connections is very dependent on your hardware and network. And the number of coin amounts you have in the wallet etc.

This '12' number is only the connections your wallet will open to other nodes by itself. (if not using connect=)

The current difficulty has nothing to do with the events that happen when you have too many connections. The 'difficulty' is actually a number, to which the 'good' hash compares. It is not relevant to wallet CPU usage or network usage.

If all peers are up to date, the impact will be lower of course. But this only works if you control who your peers are.
If you use listen=1, then anyone from the Internet may/will connect to your node and ask for blocks. Your wallet will first service them, then tell them (and everyone else) you found a new block.
This is because all threads run in the wallet asynchronously and if your networking thread is busy, long time will pass before it even checks whether the mining/minting threads found something.

I do not understand your last question. What is full PoS and what is PoW/PoS?

Thanks for your insight.

POS like zeit does all of the processing that creates the blocks & security on the CPUs where the wallets are located.
POW/POS Coins like diamond use Proof of work on the GPUs to create the blocks and the Proof of stake helps with your security and also generates some blocks.
Compared some POS only coins CPU usage to Diamond POW/POS Cpu usage , and it appears diamond uses alot less CPU than the POS only which I am guessing is because it does less processing due to the work from the POW side. Was wondering how that would effect your thoughts on the Number of network connections.

Thanks.
 Cool
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 08:11:19 PM

Agreed a Mutilple POS coin with only 1 wallet would be an interesting idea.

Side thought if you ever decide to make one,

You could call it Multicoin for this example, and use colors to separate the POS Specs in the coin.

Multicoin Red at 50% yearly staked every 30 days
Multicoin Blue at 25% yearly staked every 15 days
Multicoin Green at 12.5% yearly staked every 5 days

At the exchanges each one would have its own listing price.
Anyway interesting idea.

Cool
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 08:19:55 PM

Compared some POS only coins CPU usage to Diamond POW/POS Cpu usage , and it appears diamond uses alot less CPU than the POS only which I am guessing is because it does less processing due to the work from the POW side. Was wondering how that would effect your thoughts on the Number of network connections.

POS CPU useage deepends a lot on the amount of different coin piles and POS frequency
and code quality of POS adaption fitting to ur coin
(lot coins implement POS bad and not adapted to the coin and it specs at all)

DMD POS use high POS blocktime of 600 sec
group stake anti dust mechanism
and perfect adaption of POS and all settings towards our ammount of coins and the desired behavior
combined that result in cpu friendly POS

i told ya once DMD POS implementation is superior to most POS coins out there
who if not u should be able to see that (u involved in a lot POS coins like i am too)

Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 08:22:04 PM

Agreed a Mutilple POS coin with only 1 wallet would be an interesting idea.

Side thought if you ever decide to make one,

You could call it Multicoin for this example, and use colors to separate the POS Specs in the coin.

Multicoin Red at 50% yearly staked every 30 days
Multicoin Blue at 25% yearly staked every 15 days
Multicoin Green at 12.5% yearly staked every 5 days

At the exchanges each one would have its own listing price.
Anyway interesting idea.

Cool

thats not the way i would do it
but i cant tell ya how i would do it
because we maybe do it
(without someone use our idea  Cool )

paladin281978

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 08:45:32 PM

danbi
I use an conf which is written the first page
listen=0
noirc=1
connect=193.68.21.19
connect=54.191.208.14
connect=54.255.133.30
connect=54.86.164.216
bantime=600

while I have only 4 connections and 1 accepted and 1 not accepted pos coins
this is normal or write better?
listen=0
noirc=1
addnode=193.68.21.19
addnode=54.191.208.14
addnode=54.255.133.30
addnode=54.86.164.216
bantime=600

I sometimes difficult to understand what you are explaining that since English is not my native.
so sometimes I just do not understand the meaning. please write what conf I need to write and will not be returning to this issue.

kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 09:56:59 PM

i told ya once DMD POS implementation is superior to most POS coins out there
who if not u should be able to see that (u involved in a lot POS coins like i am too)

For now that is still a reserved status in my thought process.
I see advantages & disadvantages in all coins,
Zeit is closest to my heart , as Diamond is closest to yours.

It will be funny if after all of the coin chaos is over , if the only 2 left standing are Diamond & Zeit.
Because IMO they both satisfy different criteria of what will be needed in the future.

Anyway back to Zeit, lot more stuff for us to get going.
Will check back with you next year about the cloud mining after the Noble setup is complete.

Later ,
Kiklo
chilo

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 11:36:50 PM

Hi everybody,
I recently purchased another set of cloudmining shares as I have found thus to be a great way of contributing to the value of DMD and increasing my own DMD holdings.
As part of my investment I offered 10% to a working fund to the foundation promoters (CVO cryptonit) as I have noticed some correspondence referring to rewards etc. It can only help for the guys to have some funding from the community for promotional purposes. All of us here would have noticed the time and effort DMD receives from the crew, and this is the most honest, fair and transparent I have come across. No questions go unanswered and we are all invited to invest as insiders. This should not go unrewarded, and as I have no time or skills to contribute in other ways, this was a great way for me to contribute and show my appreciation!
I would encourage anyone else in a similar situation to consider donating in this way as it will assist us all by helping make DMD the success it will be.
Kind Regards
chilo

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2014, 12:19:02 AM

Hi everybody,
I recently purchased another set of cloudmining shares as I have found thus to be a great way of contributing to the value of DMD and increasing my own DMD holdings.
As part of my investment I offered 10% to a working fund to the foundation promoters (CVO cryptonit) as I have noticed some correspondence referring to rewards etc. It can only help for the guys to have some funding from the community for promotional purposes. All of us here would have noticed the time and effort DMD receives from the crew, and this is the most honest, fair and transparent I have come across. No questions go unanswered and we are all invited to invest as insiders. This should not go unrewarded, and as I have no time or skills to contribute in other ways, this was a great way for me to contribute and show my appreciation!
I would encourage anyone else in a similar situation to consider donating in this way as it will assist us all by helping make DMD the success it will be.
Kind Regards
chilo

thx a lot chilo!

i instant moved your donated DMD Cloudmining shares to a good use

we have a nice lady which is working on graphic design of website upgrade new wallet and promotion material
i gave her all the shares as a little "thank you" not as payment because like everyone who work for DMD
the amount of hours we invest no one can pay us

but while we others are in the privileged situation that we able to invest and build up a stock of DMD
some are not and are living in countries where money is rare and people live from day to day

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2014, 12:50:16 AM

we added NeoScrypt into http://multipool.bit.diamonds/
with full stats and generation of lotto tickets

as u can see we not far away of 50000 DMD mined with DMD Multipool
and the percentage of DMD Cloudmining from total earned is increasing each day!

once again thx to all who support DMD
for me to make u who trust in us be satisfied
is even more motivation than my own dream come true
i gave up working towards an egoistic goal
reaching something great together is way more motivation for me

if u feel too that its time to support the DMD Foundation and ur own DMD Wallet
then:

INVEST ONCE -> EARN EACH DAY!

no power cost
no maintenance
no heat
no noise
nothing beside payouts

http://multipool.bit.diamonds/
email cloud@bit.diamonds for more infos

What's the best way to invest into DMD?
In my opinion you should split your investment into the following:
By buying 50% DMD direct and 50% into DMD Cloudmining
This way you can maximize your profit and stabilize the coin.
cloud@bit.diamonds

Also by providing your referrer wallet address we can make sure both the investor and referrer both get bonus shares.

Got no referrer still want the bonus shares? Ask for a referrer here someone sure willing help ya get bonus shares.

polanskiman

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 02:16:48 AM

By design, PoS is random. It can be forced of course, by modifying code to try to stake as many of your coins as possible, but this will *not* produce more rewards for you and will only result you having to wait longer for the next stake. The code is adjusted so staking happens 'regularly'. (except, it's random <grin> so no guarantees when)
This is not exactly as interest in the bank, where you have contract at which date exactly the bank pays back interest.

It is common misconception, that being 'away' from other nodes impacts your PoS negatively. While *in theory* it is so, one has to do some math to understand why it's not an issue *at all*. For example:

The current Internet has a maximum RTT of under 200ms worldwide. (ok, maybe 300?) If you are connected via two way satellite connection, that should go up to 600ms. This is .. 0.6 seconds for your block to reach the other node(s).

Compare that with the designed PoS interval of 600 seconds per PoS block. It is sometimes less, sometimes more. We talk statistics here, so it's essentially 600 seconds in the long run. This means, you have 1:1000 chance to miss a block in case you are connected via high-latency satellite link to the rest of the network. Should happen once every 1000 PoS blocks you discover, in the long run. (again, we talk statistics here, not someone's bad luck, or.. see below)

Now, if you are lucky, within Europe we have < 60ms RTT, so that gives "us" 1:10000 or 10 times better chances. This means, we could lose a PoS block every 10,000 blocks we generate, instead of "you poor satellite connected guys" who will lose one every 1000 blocks generated. Of course, next time your wallet will PoS, it will (statistically) succeed and because the coins were sitting there longer, you would generate the same profit (in percentages, more in absolute numbers).

By the way, there are many more factors, that influence the block acceptance and in general, they do introduce much larger delays, so the above examples are a bit extreme. Life is actually better with regards to RTT influence on PoS.

The real issues, besides doing PoS in a fork are different. It's one of the typical human sins, greed ;-)
More is not always better.

I am talking about the number of peers here!
There is a reason, why the wallet opens no more than 12 such connections by itself.

The reason is, the more connections you have, the more time you spend servicing them. Further, peers can request you feed them blocks, and if you have say 50 connections, each just booted, you spend pretty much all your time sending them blocks. This leaves you no time for PoS.
So even if you found a PoS (or PoW, same, or even greater problem) block, it will sit in the queue waiting to be sent to other nodes, while you feed them existing blocks (sometimes having to read from disk, do a lot of hash calculations etc).

In summary, PoS and large number of connections are a big no-no.

So those of you, who are having such difficulties
[teacher hat on]

Write 100 times the following (your choice where to write):
"I will not use addnode=1, noirc=0 or listen=1 if I am generating blocks, PoW or PoS. I Promise!"

If, after writing it 100 times, you still do not understand why, try writing it 100 more times. It helps, with time.

[teacher hat off]

Oh, and by the way, you will help reduce the network forks. Thanks! Smiley

I remember being told by you and Cryptonit the following:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=580725.msg7861165;topicseen#msg7861165
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=580725.msg7856213;topicseen#msg7856213
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=580725.msg7856220;topicseen#msg7856220

Latency not an issue anymore?

What is addnode=1 ? I though addnode=IP
polanskiman

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 04:27:17 AM

Write 100 times the following (your choice where to write):
"I will not use addnode=1, noirc=0 or listen=1 if I am generating blocks, PoW or PoS. I Promise!"

ok so CTO says use this conf for heavy mining and minting

Example entries in the config file:

listen=0
noirc=1
connect=193.68.21.19
connect=54.191.208.14
connect=54.255.133.30
connect=54.86.164.216
bantime=600

and delete old peers.dat

i run the other "normal" conf and have no POS issues

fact is run the normal conf supports network with more possible peers
run the suggested "save" conf reduce ur chance to fall into a fork and
as we learned now to have ur wallet overloaded with serve nodes blockdata
and by this have limited resources left for minting

@daniel is wallet utilizing multiple CPU cores so we can say a multicore CPU can handle the tasks more easy?
i run a 8 core CPU so maybe thats the reason i never experienced any minting issues even with 50 connections?

I have 8 cores as well so I don't think that's the problem.
DMDCreeper

Activity: 416
Merit: 270

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 02:04:18 AM

I have not seen a new post to this thread in almost 24 hours.  Is everyone okay?  Its unusual for everyone to be so quiet. Smiley
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2014, 03:39:21 AM

I have not seen a new post to this thread in almost 24 hours.  Is everyone okay?  Its unusual for everyone to be so quiet. Smiley

everything is fine
CEO (alex) came home from a crypto-related business trip
and we are analyzing the results and possible opportunities

from time to time i have to work serious and cant be only entertainer on forum threads

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2014, 04:04:31 AM
Last edit: November 15, 2014, 04:22:01 AM by cryptonit

ROI @dmdcoin  Cloudmining :
20,7% in 45 Days (over all)
(estimate 167% ROI per year! and add 50% POS on top!)

27,2% for a pre 1st September Investor.
(estimate 220% ROI per year! and add 50% POS on top!)

email cloud@bit.diamonds

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2014, 10:57:03 AM

question: if we could code a way  where mining rewards at dmd multipool will be converted into dmd cloudmining shares instead if dmd payouts. are there people who would use that payout option? we dont wana code something if noone gona use it. until yet i had 1 miner requesting thst new feature are there more who want this?

pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 11:49:58 AM

question: if we could code a way  where mining rewards at dmd multipool will be converted into dmd cloudmining shares instead if dmd payouts. are there people who would use that payout option? we dont wana code something if noone gona use it. until yet i had 1 miner requesting thst new feature are there more who want this?

Cryptonit - that sounds interesting but I would want the choice available.  Maybe if it was a switch or something that I could turn on or off?

Pages: « 1 ... 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 [209] 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 ... 862 »
  Print  

Jump to: