Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:22:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 [1010] 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 ... 2123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4667035 times)
liteon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

I'm a Firestarter!

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 01:37:08 PM

If I have the resources to make XMR price go up, and the intention to (commit actions that will lead to) do so, I can officially make any announcement I feel right. Until now I haven't even taken advantage of low price myself, due to a self-imposed 24 hour delay from the announcement to action.

To the moon!

You could have waited a couple more days to get the payment for the sig campaign and double my XMR "stash". *sigh*
However, if this will indeed go to the moon, then ... let's do it!
Moon started? Smiley
0.0014 (+21%^)

Selling NordVPN account with premium sub - expires 2021! PM me to buy.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iourzzz

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 01:41:01 PM

Finally very good site! That's really great!

I enjoyed the missives as well!

Thanks!
nakaone

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 01:49:12 PM

Very good stuff from the core team. +1  Smiley

So, let this be the official announcement that the price of monero will now start rising.
I understand "official" here as a figure of speech because:
  • Monero Core Team did not decide on making this official
  • No MEW vote had been proposed on this matter
  • I do not see any other Monero body that could emit such a statement

I'm sure trollers will delight to reuse this announcement. The core team and the community as a whole pride itself in not succumbing to the price drama - I'd like it to continue that way.

Okay, first:
- I had no explicit knowledge of the massive release you were about to make the hours following my statement.
Second:
- The MEW (where both you and I are officials), is not working on the paradigm of voting. We have had very few votes or control of any kind, yet have been able to accomplish a lot on the paradigm of empowerment. I don't even know how much, and none of it has required my approval to get it going. I do take pride of developing the structure that allows things to happen without my approval, because the structure was my design. In CK we are struggling with this issue still..

If I have the resources to make XMR price go up, and the intention to (commit actions that will lead to) do so, I can officially make any announcement I feel right. Until now I haven't even taken advantage of low price myself, due to a self-imposed 24 hour delay from the announcement to action.

The trolls are accusing me of manipulating the price, and they are absolutely correct. I am one of the approximately 1 million people on the planet who have enough funds to (currently) do it (and unless others of the same caliber actively step in). There is no denying this fact. The least I can do before starting to buy en masse due to these wonderful new developments, and before allocating my carte blanche wealth management clients' funds to it, and promote it to the larger circles that I advice concerning wealth management, and before reactivating my gold/silver/BTC/XMR/fiat dealership enabling XMR to be bought with fiat, etc. is to announce all of it beforehand.

At face value, it looks like I am massively shooting at my own foot here, after all my stash has been bought many times higher than the price now, and buying more just became almost impossible with the supply drying up. But I have the understanding that the value of the currency is in the network of people who use it, and right now is the time to start getting back those people who were burning for Monero last summer but have since sold due to the depressing market and development taking time. The longer we wait until revaluation, the more violent it will be and again people will get burned. Abrupt and spectacular surges always happen with the coins, let's see if we can avoid it this time.

Everybody is invited to prove me wrong in the field. To fire a bullet, enter any amount in the box and click SELL. That'll teach me  Cheesy  I also have a kitty of customer funds for buying OTC, contact me.

look everyone here appreciates what you are doing for monero. I think everyone, except the guys who are waiting to get in cheaper, think that higher prices are better than lower prices. but what is important is that we get a sustainable level.

I would prefer a level of 0.0025 which is sustainable to an epic pump to 0.01 with 5 months of declining prices - even though I would be better of with the second case.

But if there really is that much demand (you will be quoted for this), let us see where the ship is moving Wink
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 01:50:33 PM

why attack now the 0.0017?
protect xmr against unexpected price declines is already a great task.

If there's ongoing discussion of how people are teaming up to manipulate the price in the main discussion thread, people won't think highly of this coin.

lol.  and again lol.  I've been kind of thinking the same thing.
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 01:55:34 PM

There is also CryptoNoteWallet by Bitkoot:
https://github.com/BitKoot/CryptoNoteWallet
Updated. Thanks Quicken.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 01:58:27 PM

people are teaming up to manipulate the price

Is this actually happening? I know it was attempted when the downtrend started with the BCX "exploit" etc, but everybody involved lost his shirt, once again proving that teaming up for manipulation a free market is a -EV concept.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 02:04:53 PM

If the manipulators goal was to crash the price of XMR it certainly worked well.  Whether it was for the purpose of accumulating cheap XMR or to drive investors to a competitor we are still ~ 3x cheaper then when FUD campaign started.

Is this actually happening? I know it was attempted when the downtrend started with the BCX "exploit" etc, but everybody involved lost his shirt, once again proving that teaming up for manipulation a free market is a -EV concept.

stslimited

Activity: 546

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 02:05:23 PM

summary of the missive? I don't want to listen to some people drone on and on unprofessionally about some mundane esoteric mess

I need a succinct outline. don't like surprises.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 02:14:11 PM

This is a hugely important point.  What we are currently seeing is more of a dump and pump than a pump and dump. Wink
jehst

Activity: 798

21 million. I want them all.

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 02:15:09 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2015, 11:24:13 PM by jehst

Very good stuff from the core team. +1  Smiley

So, let this be the official announcement that the price of monero will now start rising.
I understand "official" here as a figure of speech because:
  • Monero Core Team did not decide on making this official
  • No MEW vote had been proposed on this matter
  • I do not see any other Monero body that could emit such a statement

I'm sure trollers will delight to reuse this announcement. The core team and the community as a whole pride itself in not succumbing to the price drama - I'd like it to continue that way.

Okay, first:
- I had no explicit knowledge of the massive release you were about to make the hours following my statement.
Second:
- The MEW (where both you and I are officials), is not working on the paradigm of voting. We have had very few votes or control of any kind, yet have been able to accomplish a lot on the paradigm of empowerment. I don't even know how much, and none of it has required my approval to get it going. I do take pride of developing the structure that allows things to happen without my approval, because the structure was my design. In CK we are struggling with this issue still..

The trolls are accusing me of manipulating the price, and they are absolutely correct. I am one of the approximately 1 million people on the planet who have enough funds to (currently) do it (and unless others of the same caliber actively step in). There is no denying this fact. The least I can do before starting to buy en masse due to these wonderful new developments, and before allocating my carte blanche wealth management clients' funds to it, and promote it to the larger circles that I advice concerning wealth management, and before reactivating my gold/silver/BTC/XMR/fiat dealership enabling XMR to be bought with fiat, etc. is to announce all of it beforehand.

At face value, it looks like I am massively shooting at my own foot here, after all my stash has been bought many times higher than the price now, and buying more just became almost impossible with the supply drying up. But I have the understanding that the value of the currency is in the network of people who use it, and right now is the time to start getting back those people who were burning for Monero last summer but have since sold due to the depressing market and development taking time. The longer we wait until revaluation, the more violent it will be and again people will get burned. Abrupt and spectacular surges always happen with the coins, let's see if we can avoid it this time.

Everybody is invited to prove me wrong in the field. To fire a bullet, enter any amount in the box and click SELL. That'll teach me  Cheesy  I also have a kitty of customer funds for buying OTC, contact me.

look everyone here appreciates what you are doing for monero. I think everyone, except the guys who are waiting to get in cheaper, think that higher prices are better than lower prices. but what is important is that we get a sustainable level.

I would prefer a level of 0.0025 which is sustainable to an epic pump to 0.01 with 5 months of declining prices - even though I would be better of with the second case.

But if there really is that much demand (you will be quoted for this), let us see where the ship is moving Wink

Markets always overshoot, and often correct 50 or 60% to stable levels. Gold and silver tend to crash even harder. Cryptocurrencies tend to crash even harder still.  The next time XMR booms, we can probably expect it to reach double or triple the price at which it stabilizes.  (e.g. reaching a local high of .012 followed by a crash to .004)

Year 2021
Bitcoin Supply: ~90% mined
Supply Inflation: <1.8%
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 02:16:19 PM

summary of the missive? I don't want to listen to some people drone on and on unprofessionally about some mundane esoteric mess

For 10 monero I will provide you with a summary.

41nAXFnYwhyDgWt2KAy1XFeZyDUWktkhGDA774NyY9qc1jg4MPH33oLD4tBMnQwVmMcktaUFMcKdJTW dkqRyrVXHNh88QUa
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 02:16:49 PM

1. A new website is out.

2. Devteam is motivated, hard-working and doing important techie stuff.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 02:18:07 PM

I like Ginger and Fluffy's chemistry, but anyway....

Nice new missives.

Cliffnotes:

- NEW WEBSITE! www.getmonero.org (monero.cc redirects to it)

- MRL-0004 (Improving Obfuscation in the Cryptonote Protocol) (http://lab.monero.cc/pubs/MRL-0004.pdf):
Mixins: low-mixins can result in a cascading reduction in privacy. XMR will be moving very soon to a minimum mixin of 2. the reason mixin-0 is allowed in the first place is because mixin-0 is useful for sending dust. the solution in MRL-0004 is for mixin-0  to be allowed under special circumstances. these circumstances include a) when the transaction is dust, and b) when the transaction won't create new dust. thus, these specially-allowed transactions will gradually remove dust from the system. eventually the minimum mixin will be mixin-4. increasing the minimum mixin is considered critical in improving cryptonote.

temporal-association: in XMR, there's an age-based association problem where observers can tell how old coins are when they're spent due to the way that outputs are chosen for mixing. ideally, it should not be easy to do this. people might panic if very old coins are moving, as would be the case if satoshi started moving coins from 2009. this is not critical but being worked on as well.

- design and research goals: http://getmonero.org/design-goals/
not a timeline, but it shows what must come before what.

So you can't be bothered to peruse ONE PAGE and see the thing you are asking for. You're like my dad yelling for the hat that's on his head. "Where's my hat! ARRRRR!"

arnuschky

Activity: 517
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 02:18:19 PM

Great work by the core team! Updating that broken website was long overdue. Thanks. Smiley

And now it also become much clearer which forum is the main one.

Regarding the missives: great that this is continuing - good idea to "outsource" it. Personally, I am not such a fan of the podcast format, as it doesn't allow me to quickly scan over the news but forces me to focus for a long time (I am a crap multitasker Wink) However this problem is nicely fixed by the on-page summary, and, as I said, just a personal opinion on the format. Overall, great!

edit: you no look?
stslimited

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 02:19:28 PM

41nAXFnYwhyDgWt2KAy1XFeZyDUWktkhGDA774NyY9qc1jg4MPH33oLD4tBMnQwVmMcktaUFMcKdJTW dkqRyrVXHNh88QUa

failed to decode address

also invalid payment id, both simplewallet and mymonero said this

try again?
stslimited

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 02:20:31 PM

I like Ginger and Fluffy's chemistry, but anyway....

Nice new missives.

Cliffnotes:

- NEW WEBSITE! www.getmonero.org (monero.cc redirects to it)

- MRL-0004 (Improving Obfuscation in the Cryptonote Protocol) (http://lab.monero.cc/pubs/MRL-0004.pdf):
Mixins: low-mixins can result in a cascading reduction in privacy. XMR will be moving very soon to a minimum mixin of 2. the reason mixin-0 is allowed in the first place is because mixin-0 is useful for sending dust. the solution in MRL-0004 is for mixin-0  to be allowed under special circumstances. these circumstances include a) when the transaction is dust, and b) when the transaction won't create new dust. thus, these specially-allowed transactions will gradually remove dust from the system. eventually the minimum mixin will be mixin-4. increasing the minimum mixin is considered critical in improving cryptonote.

temporal-association: in XMR, there's an age-based association problem where observers can tell how old coins are when they're spent due to the way that outputs are chosen for mixing. ideally, it should not be easy to do this. people might panic if very old coins are moving, as would be the case if satoshi started moving coins from 2009. this is not critical but being worked on as well.

- design and research goals: http://getmonero.org/design-goals/
not a timeline, but it shows what must come before what.

So you can't be bothered to peruse ONE PAGE and see the thing you are asking for. You're like my dad yelling for the hat that's on his head. "Where's my hat! ARRRRR!"

I saw that, is that really it? I needed to confirm that the price is going up over this inconsequential stuff?
myagui
Legendary

Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 02:23:54 PM

failed to decode address

also invalid payment id, both simplewallet and mymonero said this

try again?

He should have posted in code, so that copy pasting works.
Same addy as above, but in code:

Code:
41nAXFnYwhyDgWt2KAy1XFeZyDUWktkhGDA774NyY9qc1jg4MPH33oLD4tBMnQwVmMcktaUFMcKdJTWdkqRyrVXHNh88QUa

Thank you Fluffy & Co for this update (even though I'm not much of a fan of the format, I understand why it makes a difference to you).

arnuschky

Activity: 517
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 02:25:13 PM

Wallet             Official       Graphical                       Binaries                   Notes
                                                Windows       Mac       Linux    FreeBSD
simplewallet                                   (d/l)     (d/l)     (d/l)     (d/l)    source
Monero Client .NET                             (d/l)                                  full node or remote node
Qt GUI                                                                                source. Full node only
lightWallet                                   (d/l)                                  source. Full node or remote node. Torrent with binaries + blockchain
mymonero.com                                                                          author is a core dev
CryptoNoteWallet                                                            

Great overview! Should go on the monero.cc website, I guess? Some small corrections:

• if not open-source, I would maybe indicate "closed source", as this is a critical thing in crypto currencies (Monero Client .NET and mymonero.com as well, strictly speaking)
  • mymonero.com should maybe have dashes for all "binary" flags
  • an API/RPC column would be really helpful (only simplewallet, I think?)
  • BitKoot's CryptoNoteWallet is graphical
  • What makes BitKoot's CryptoNoteWallet "official"?
argentinx

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 02:25:49 PM

the missive in audio is ok
but who dont talk english?Huh
you can make a summary???
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 02:27:08 PM

Im sure someone will make a summary soon and post it.

the missive in audio is ok
but who dont talk english?Huh
you can make a summary???

Pages: « 1 ... 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 [1010] 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 ... 2123 »
  Print  

Jump to: