Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:40:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1925 1926 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 [1975] 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 ... 2123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4667227 times)
elrippos friend

Activity: 1179
Merit: 210

only hodl what you understand and love!

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 09:10:12 PM

Look I my self mine XMR as well as other coins. There are miners who would like to use the threads on the cpu that are not in use to get the most out of the hardware that they have( some of us have big servers with lots of threads not working). Just because you dont wish to duel mine and many others may not wish to. There is going to be miners looking to get the most out of the hardware they have.
So maybe you should just not comment given you clearly have no need for it. But there is going to be miners out there that wish to dual mine. So maybe you should keep your comments to your self.

That's all fine for me, mining XMR since 2015, but ROI is not XMR, so no think about asking these questions in the mining thread  Roll Eyes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
elrippos friend

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 09:11:39 PM

I like that Monero (XMR) is a confidentiality-oriented crypto currency that is not based on the Bitcoin code and which continues to evolve.

That's what Monero is about, nice that you like it, hope that you use it also  Grin

Gary Levanevskii

Activity: 686
Merit: 227

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 12:16:43 AM

https://www.tari.com/faq/-Tari FaQ
https://www.tari.com/2018/07/16/puzzle-time.html-Tari puzzles
7jaka7

Activity: 628
Merit: 276

BTC, ETH, XMR, LTC

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 04:22:50 PM

So Tari is basically trying to implement smart contracts on Monero?

Are Monero and Tari devs working together? How come projects like this are separate from the core Monero development (I can see Kovri also represent itself as a separate project)? I don't have any experience in programming/developing so I don't know how things are going but wouldn't it be easier to have all "under one roof"? Or is it totally different thing and then they just have to merge it with the help of core developers into Monero?

Who are the investors behind Tari?
The Tari Labs organization is very honored to be supported by Redpoint, Trinity Ventures, Canaan Partners, Blockchain Capital, Pantera, Slow Ventures, Aspect Ventures, Vy Capital, Bee Partners, Sora Ventures, Macro Ventures, Draft Ventures, Base Ventures, and more. Thank you to everyone who is supporting us on this journey.
Howcome they need investors for project like this? Couldn't they do it with public fundraising here: https://forum.getmonero.org/9/work-in-progress. And is there a chance that a "side-project" like this would intentionally put some bug or vulnerability in the code and exploit it later on?

SECURE YOUR CRYPTO ASSETS | GET SOME FREE SATOSHI'S | TRADE ON BINANCE 
Disclaimer: All links are affiliate/refferal! Thank you for using them! Smiley
Sipizter

Activity: 41
Merit: 7

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 07:34:22 PM

Are Monero and Tari devs working together? How come projects like this are separate from the core Monero development (I can see Kovri also represent itself as a separate project)? I don't have any experience in programming/developing so I don't know how things are going but wouldn't it be easier to have all "under one roof"? Or is it totally different thing and then they just have to merge it with the help of core developers into Monero?

The Tari Labs organization is very honored to be supported by Redpoint, Trinity Ventures, Canaan Partners, Blockchain Capital, Pantera, Slow Ventures, Aspect Ventures, Vy Capital, Bee Partners, Sora Ventures, Macro Ventures, Draft Ventures, Base Ventures, and more. Thank you to everyone who is supporting us on this journey.
Howcome they need investors for project like this? Couldn't they do it with public fundraising here: https://forum.getmonero.org/9/work-in-progress. And is there a chance that a "side-project" like this would intentionally put some bug or vulnerability in the code and exploit it later on?

Tari is Fluffypony's personal endeavour with some partner(s). It is a real business with its own infrastructure, staff and such. I believe there will be co-operation with Monero devs because Tari is built on top of Monero, but it is not a core Monero project by any means.
elrippos friend

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 09:10:10 PM

Tari is Fluffypony's personal endeavour with some partner(s). It is a real business with its own infrastructure, staff and such. I believe there will be co-operation with Monero devs because Tari is built on top of Monero, but it is not a core Monero project by any means.

I like the idea of this and i find it very intersting that a "sidechain" is build upon Monero  Roll Eyes Shocked Grin Smiley

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4894

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 12:33:03 PM

No it wouldn't, doing one thing and doing it better than anyone else is the core strategy of most successful projects throughout history. Using those projects as frameworks for additional functionality is the correct way to progress. Shitcoins throw everything they can into the soup to hide the fact they do NOTHING better than anything else.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
elrippos friend

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 02:11:20 PM

No it wouldn't, doing one thing and doing it better than anyone else is the core strategy of most successful projects throughout history. Using those projects as frameworks for additional functionality is the correct way to progress. Shitcoins throw everything they can into the soup to hide the fact they do NOTHING better than anything else.

That is what Monero is about Grin

erwan

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 01:24:05 AM

Monero is like a savings account with a better rate of return than any traditional fiat bank account . Plus it is fungible , private , Govt cannot seize it or stop monero mining as it is asic resistant. It’s the ultimate currency.
elrippos friend

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 07:12:16 AM

Monero is like a savings account with a better rate of return than any traditional fiat bank account . Plus it is fungible , private , Govt cannot seize it or stop monero mining as it is asic resistant. It’s the ultimate currency.

Why are you advertising another coin then  Roll Eyes

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 07:16:53 AM

To make money to buy more XMR of course.
elrippos friend

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 07:37:32 AM

To make money to buy more XMR of course.

I hope so  Grin

7jaka7

Activity: 628
Merit: 276

BTC, ETH, XMR, LTC

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 10:03:54 AM

Ah, okay. If it is a business they must generate some revenue. How can they do this with project like this? I guess they could buy Monero, make it better and then sell it for a profit. Smiley But I doubt this is the case.

Yea I understand now. Those who are developing Tari must know Monero very well and if Fluffypony is part of the team then they do.
I was asking more because of all the troubles that could come with 2 separate parties developing same thing. (I.e. USA and France doing some blueprint and when they meet/want to merge their knowledge they have difficulties because of different measurement units they are using).

SECURE YOUR CRYPTO ASSETS | GET SOME FREE SATOSHI'S | TRADE ON BINANCE 
Disclaimer: All links are affiliate/refferal! Thank you for using them! Smiley
elrippos friend

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 10:34:13 AM

Ah, okay. If it is a business they must generate some revenue. How can they do this with project like this? I guess they could buy Monero, make it better and then sell it for a profit. Smiley But I doubt this is the case.

Yea I understand now. Those who are developing Tari must know Monero very well and if Fluffypony is part of the team then they do.
I was asking more because of all the troubles that could come with 2 separate parties developing same thing. (I.e. USA and France doing some blueprint and when they meet/want to merge their knowledge they have difficulties because of different measurement units they are using).

Well after all, this will be a lot faster then the lightning network from BTC, the network of Monero is a lot faster than the one from BTC at the moment speaking, so we are nearing ourselves to Mastercard tansaction speed right now  Grin Shocked Wink

dmwardjr
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 10:45:43 AM

Is there a Monero "signature" available for us to promote Monero on bitcoin talk?

Follow me on Trading View for excellent signals in Bitcoin/US dollar - Bitstamp - https://www.tradingview.com/u/WyckoffMode/.  You can follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ModeWyckoff My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8IbhpQwrTD6BozJPWnyAHA  My Discord Invite Link: https://discord.com/invite/3EJYTytaTT  My Website is in LIVE BETA: https://wyckoffmode.com/
wargamez

Activity: 105
Merit: 20

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 11:03:13 AM

Good point. This reminded me of one coin called Straks. When it was announced, the devs said all latest technologies from Lightning network, masterndoes, smart contracts, anonymity, etc. will be included. The first thing that came to my mind was, what then is this coin for? What is it really good at?

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 12:01:10 PM

Yes it is a real saving account.
elrippos friend

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 12:06:00 PM

Is there a Monero "signature" available for us to promote Monero on bitcoin talk?

Not an official one that i am aware of...

elrippos friend

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 12:51:36 PM

Ya XMR bitches, XMR is going to collect gains  Kiss

Oh man....

tidtpro333

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 01:06:50 PM

This seems to be a big project, I just came to know it as soon as I got into bitcointalk. , Sorry for the late . What is the purpose of this project, I do not know much about the project, can you explain more? I have known about this project, the project has been supported by everyone, it seems that this project is very reliable and everyone is putting in place for this project, I will join after knowing more And more about this project because this project has taken great steps. Has this project had a meeting or seminar? Has this project been implemented? I'm a newbie so there's nothing wrong you're looking for
Pages: « 1 ... 1925 1926 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 [1975] 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 ... 2123 »
  Print  

Jump to: