Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:43:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 [1977] 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 ... 2123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4667229 times)
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 02:25:21 PM

There is something to be fixed in the Monero GUI-wallet. At least in the Linux version.

Only way to open the GUI is to type ./start-gui.sh in command line. Too complicated for many people. There must be an icon to click.

When the GUI is shut down, the flag and language selection box still remains open. It must be shut down from the ubuntu desktop launch menu by right clicking the Monero logo. Too complicated for many people. The GUI must be able to shut down by just one click.

When the GUI is shut down on full screen mode, the flag and language box which still remains open, is on full screen mode too, so the ubuntu desktop launch menu and the Monero logo in it, is not reachable. So it cannot be right clicked and shut down. Only way is to open the wallet again, switch of the full screen mode, shut down the wallet and right click the Monero logo in the launch menu. Too complicated.

Pease fix these.

Could you perhaps post screenshots to illustrate your second and third point? The GUI should normally close fully if you click on the x (right top), hence my question. Furthermore, the GUI is displayed in a single window / screen, i.e., the flag and language selection box / screen is not a separate window.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pönde

Activity: 308
Merit: 109

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 06:54:06 PM

There is something to be fixed in the Monero GUI-wallet. At least in the Linux version.

Only way to open the GUI is to type ./start-gui.sh in command line. Too complicated for many people. There must be an icon to click.

When the GUI is shut down, the flag and language selection box still remains open. It must be shut down from the ubuntu desktop launch menu by right clicking the Monero logo. Too complicated for many people. The GUI must be able to shut down by just one click.

When the GUI is shut down on full screen mode, the flag and language box which still remains open, is on full screen mode too, so the ubuntu desktop launch menu and the Monero logo in it, is not reachable. So it cannot be right clicked and shut down. Only way is to open the wallet again, switch of the full screen mode, shut down the wallet and right click the Monero logo in the launch menu. Too complicated.

Pease fix these.

Could you perhaps post screenshots to illustrate your second and third point? The GUI should normally close fully if you click on the x (right top), hence my question. Furthermore, the GUI is displayed in a single window / screen, i.e., the flag and language selection box / screen is not a separate window.

Ok. The problem can be avoided by clicking x on the right top. Everything shuts down at once.

I have closed the wallet by selecting "Settings" and "Close wallet". That way the flag and language selection box remains open which has to be shut down via the ubuntu launch menu. Most people have used that first one. So there is no problem white this one. The "Close wallet" is there just to shut down the wallet so the user can open an other wallet from the flag and language selection box. That is fine.

Anyway. When the "Settings" and "Close wallet" is done, on full screen mode, it would be better that the flag and language selection box would not appear in full screen mode. So that the ubuntu launch menu is visible and the flag and language box could be shut down there.
Coindgr

Activity: 1034
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 08:10:34 PM

I´m looking to buy some XMR. Does Binance still allow
withdrawals up to 2 BTC (or the equivalent in another crypto)
without requiring KYC? Any other exchange that is recommended
for buying XMR?

According to Coinmarketcap HitBTC is the exchange with the most volume,
but to be honest they seem pretty sketchy and the exchange subforum at Bitcointalk
is full of scam accusations against them.

Please dont buy at HitBTC, they are a Pain in the *** when it comes to withdrawing funds.

Until now I've had no major issue with them, check their System Health page and also their fees

One thing I'm sure, if you need some assistance from HitBtc side you're f*****

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
.Anonymous and Untraceable.
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 09:32:26 PM

Monero is like a savings account with a better rate of return than any traditional fiat bank account

Not really, you don't get any interest for holding onto Monero.

You dont get much interests for holding your fiat in the bank either once you cut off the inflation.

for buying XMR?

2 BTC seems a lot nowadays without verification. I do remember Huobi allows you some small amount monero daily withdrawals without any verification's.   But in general if you want to avoid verifications use https://xmr.to/  or other this type exchanges. 
theleaf

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 01:18:10 AM

for buying XMR?

but to be honest they seem pretty sketchy and the exchange subforum at Bitcointalk

looks like the bull market is on the return? Monero is one of few coins that spike in price recently, solid project with excellent track of record
theleaf

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 01:19:16 AM

for buying XMR?

Please dont buy at HitBTC, they are a Pain in the *** when it comes to withdrawing funds.

Until now I've had no major issue with them, check their System Health page and also their fees

One thing I'm sure, if you need some assistance from HitBtc side you're f*****

whats the best way to mine monero? joining mining pool? or independent mining? thanks for the info
theleaf

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 01:20:41 AM

Monero Mining Pool by HeroMiners

Pool Url: https://monero.herominers.com/

https://monero.herominers.com/
Payout threshold: 0.3 XMR
Denomination Unit: 0.001 XMR
Payment Interval: 30 minutes
Pool Fee: 0.5%

Dedicated Server
Can Mining Directly To Exchange (Integrated,paymentID and subaddress support)
Worker hash rate charts
E-Mail Notification Of Miners Down
Configurable minimal payout
Telegram worker and payment notification bot.
Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/gvWSs84
Save your Hashrate!

what type of computer software/hardware will you need to mine monero? how do you calculate payout? say if mine 24hrs, how many Monero will one get?
Techray

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 08:33:57 AM

Hello, can any one say, why XMR price goes up? Any reason for it like some update, meting, release or smth.. or it is juts ALT coin rebound?

Most altcoins have rebounded. But they are led by Monero.
TheHas

Activity: 616
Merit: 167

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 09:06:21 AM

for buying XMR?

Just go Binance imo. As of today, no KYC needed for daily transactions up to 2 BTC (as of yesterday for me, not that I have that kind of coin to worry about it!).

Unless you're planning on buying a truck load of monero, 2 BTC a day is probably plenty!
elrippos friend

Activity: 1179
Merit: 210

only hodl what you understand and love!

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 09:27:34 AM

for buying XMR?

Look out for bisq, shapeshift and changelly Grin

elrippos friend

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 09:29:34 AM

Pease fix these.

i'n my opinion this is a joke? no gui?  Cheesy  bwaaahahaha

What the hell are you talking about?

dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 10:00:14 AM
Last edit: September 02, 2018, 10:12:49 AM by dEBRUYNE

Pease fix these.

Ok. The problem can be avoided by clicking x on the right top. Everything shuts down at once.

I have closed the wallet by selecting "Settings" and "Close wallet". That way the flag and language selection box remains open which has to be shut down via the ubuntu launch menu. Most people have used that first one. So there is no problem white this one. The "Close wallet" is there just to shut down the wallet so the user can open an other wallet from the flag and language selection box. That is fine.

Anyway. When the "Settings" and "Close wallet" is done, on full screen mode, it would be better that the flag and language selection box would not appear in full screen mode. So that the ubuntu launch menu is visible and the flag and language box could be shut down there.

Ah I see. The purpose of the Close wallet button / feature is basically to close the current wallet, not to close the whole GUI program. As such, you will be back in the wizard, where you can first select a language and subsequently create a new wallet, create a new wallet from a hardware device, restore a wallet from the mnemonic seed or keys, or open a different existing wallet.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
elrippos friend

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 12:17:07 PM

Hashrate picking up again  Grin

7jaka7

Activity: 628
Merit: 276

BTC, ETH, XMR, LTC

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 12:18:20 PM

Monero Mining Pool by HeroMiners

Pool Url: https://monero.herominers.com/

https://monero.herominers.com/
Payout threshold: 0.3 XMR
Denomination Unit: 0.001 XMR
Payment Interval: 30 minutes
Pool Fee: 0.5%

Dedicated Server
Can Mining Directly To Exchange (Integrated,paymentID and subaddress support)
Worker hash rate charts
E-Mail Notification Of Miners Down
Configurable minimal payout
Telegram worker and payment notification bot.
Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/gvWSs84
Save your Hashrate!

what type of computer software/hardware will you need to mine monero? how do you calculate payout? say if mine 24hrs, how many Monero will one get?
Any kind. But you will have different efficient rate depending on suitability of hardware for XMR mining.
Usually with mining calculators. One is here: https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/xmr?HashingPower=100&HashingUnit=H%2Fs&PowerConsumption=0&CostPerkWh=0&MiningPoolFee=1

whats the best way to mine monero? joining mining pool? or independent mining? thanks for the info
I think it is better to join pool yes. Because you get reward if you find block solution or not. So it is more stable income.
You can try solo mining with official Monero GUI. At least you could when I tried few months ago.

You can join this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=653467.1060 -> [XMR] Monero Mining for more explanations.

SECURE YOUR CRYPTO ASSETS | GET SOME FREE SATOSHI'S | TRADE ON BINANCE 
Disclaimer: All links are affiliate/refferal! Thank you for using them! Smiley
Krezz2017

Activity: 560
Merit: 128

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 12:32:36 PM

The idea of anonymity, which is embedded in the platform of this coin, is now also advanced. But, it seems to me that the platform engine is somewhat outdated.

Samarkand

Activity: 658
Merit: 282

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 01:05:08 PM

I read that Changelly requires KYC sometimes, which is a big
disadvantage for me. I´ll go with Binance now, because the 2 BTC
limit for unverified accounts is still available and that is enough for me.

Buying XMR at an exchange that does KYC kind of defeats the purpose
of using a private cryptocurrency like Monero in the first place.
r15lover1994

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 01:54:55 PM

Price/Volume seems to pick up now.
pönde

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 02:10:20 PM

Pease fix these.

Ah I see. The purpose of the Close wallet button / feature is basically to close the current wallet, not to close the whole GUI program. As such, you will be back in the wizard, where you can first select a language and subsequently create a new wallet, create a new wallet from a hardware device, restore a wallet from the mnemonic seed or keys, or open a different existing wallet.

Yea. The current wallet can also be shut down by pressing Esc. I think that is unnecessary, and even a problem since it can be pressed accidentally.

What people think about it?
pönde

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 02:24:16 PM

When Kovri is put into service, what will happen to this map?
https://monerohash.com/nodes-distribution.html

Will there still be those points, but in random locations?

Anyway. Are those blue points indicating precise location? How precise they are? What are those balls with random number?
elrippos friend

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 02:43:57 PM

I read that Changelly requires KYC sometimes, which is a big
disadvantage for me. I´ll go with Binance now, because the 2 BTC
limit for unverified accounts is still available and that is enough for me.

Buying XMR at an exchange that does KYC kind of defeats the purpose
of using a private cryptocurrency like Monero in the first place.

Cryptopia is also a good address for accumulating XMR  Wink

Yes and No. In the sense of anonymity almost every email address is compromising your anonymity if you have the tools for that. KYC and AML regulations are good for crypto in whole to get rid of the "darknet" and "criminal" touch of crypto, as long as we have not to face some shitty exchanges as circle poloniex, which are freezing your account for nothing.

I wish there would exist an xmr.to in the other direction aswell, that would make life a lot easier  Grin Cheesy

Pages: « 1 ... 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 [1977] 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 ... 2123 »
  Print  

Jump to: