Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:26:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 [2083] 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4666941 times)
miner_brown

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2020, 01:29:58 AM

Features
Pool and Solo Mining
No Registration Required
We Pay Full Reward (block reward + tx fee + extra)
Exchange Wallet Support (Integrated, PaymentID, Subaddress)
Earnings Estimation Based on Current Hashrate
Per Rig Statistics
Worker HashRate Charts
E-Mail Alerts of Rig Down
Fully compatible with NiceHash and MiningRigRentals
Configurable Minimal Payout
Static Difficulty Support

Support
Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/gvWSs84
Telegram Channel: https://t.me/HeroMinersPool
Twitter: https://twitter.com/HeroMinerss

Welcome & Happy Mining!
HeroMiners ❤️️ since 2018

I have many bad for its lower difficulty is too high for miners that are starting and their hardware is domestic.
They do not think to give us a little space in their pool, will they give a solution?
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1965

View Profile
October 30, 2020, 01:59:11 AM

I have many bad for its lower difficulty is too high for miners that are starting and their hardware is domestic.
They do not think to give us a little space in their pool, will they give a solution?

Probably not ... just find a new better pool. There must be hundreds by now, but I haven't mined since 2014-2015.

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
matusik484

Activity: 101
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2020, 10:51:14 AM
Last edit: November 04, 2020, 01:41:26 PM by matusik484

Hello Everyone!

We would like to welcome Monero on our LetsHash.it Mining Pool!

Our Mining Fee is only 0.5% both Pool/Solo, so miners can enjoy their coins Wink
Payouts are made automatically every 5 minutes for all balances above 1 XMR

You can use following commands to join our Mining Pool straight away :

#1 Option is for mining on Pool (shared) :
Code:
-o letshash.online:1551 -u XMR_WALLET_ADDRESS -p @workername -k --coin monero -a rx/0

#2 Option is to mine solo (98% of block reward goes to you) :
Code:
-o letshash.online:1551 -u solo:XMR_WALLET_ADDRESS -p @workername -k --coin monero -a rx/0

No worries, we"re designing new pool , so it will not look like default Smiley

Thanks for paying attention!
-Enjoy your hashing.

Your LetsHash.it Team
--------------------------------

If you need a help or have any ideas about our pools, don't be afraid to contact us at Discord : https://discord.gg/RrUqjWn

Exbitron (http://exbitron.com)
Miro1764n

Activity: 232
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 01, 2020, 09:21:01 PM

Hello everyone!
Can you please tell me if there is a way to change transaction priority (transaction fee) in the new version of GUI Wallet 17.1.0?
If there's no way, how quickly will the transaction be proceed with a fixed fee?

I don't have an answer for the first question. but the TxPool has been pretty consistently held to single and double digit numbers - very high probability of being included in the next block.
Thank you for the reply. I have an answer to the first question now. Transaction priority can be changed in advanced mode. It's sad, i prefer to use a simple mode.

One more thing i cannot understand...if using a remote node is unsafe, why cannot i choose an specific node (it gets chosen automatically and i don't know which one, i mean address). Some nodes are safest others, aren't they?
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
November 01, 2020, 10:19:43 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

Hello everyone!
Can you please tell me if there is a way to change transaction priority (transaction fee) in the new version of GUI Wallet 17.1.0?
If there's no way, how quickly will the transaction be proceed with a fixed fee?

I don't have an answer for the first question. but the TxPool has been pretty consistently held to single and double digit numbers - very high probability of being included in the next block.
Thank you for the reply. I have an answer to the first question now. Transaction priority can be changed in advanced mode. It's sad, i prefer to use a simple mode.

One more thing i cannot understand...if using a remote node is unsafe, why cannot i choose an specific node (it gets chosen automatically and i don't know which one, i mean address). Some nodes are safest others, aren't they?

It's not that it is unsafe, merely a greater chance of security compromise than one you control.  There is no 100% guarantee even on your own node.  Only you can decide what degree of paranoia/safety is comfortable for you.  My method is to use my own for any larger transactions/wallets, and a modest balance in a wallet I use with Monerujo/random remote nodes for smaller transactions.  Compartmentalize like the Titanic to be sure your ship doesn't sink Cheesy 
nullius
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2020, 02:48:12 AM

It's not that it is unsafe, merely a greater chance of security compromise than one you control.  There is no 100% guarantee even on your own node.  Only you can decide what degree of paranoia/safety is comfortable for you.  My method is to use my own for any larger transactions/wallets, and a modest balance in a wallet I use with Monerujo/random remote nodes for smaller transactions.  Compartmentalize like the Titanic to be sure your ship doesn't sink Cheesy

The principal problem with untrusted remote nodes is privacy, not security compromise.  There are some known attacks for monitoring, linking, or finding the real inputs of your transactions, which a remote node can do (or attempt), even with untrusted-daemon=1 in your configuration.  It is for this reason that, e.g., the Monero CLI wallet emits scary warnings and advice if an attempt to create a transaction fails with an untrusted-daemon.  Also, of course, you had damn well better have untrusted-daemon=1 in your config of the daemon is untrusted!  That mitigates much, but not all of the problem, AFAIK.  (I have never tried the Monero GUI, or any other Monero wallets; so I cannot speak to how those may mitigate some known potential problems with untrusted remote nodes.)  Obviously, if you connect to a single untrusted node and send more than one transaction (within the same session over Tor/in any way linkable without Tor/etc.), then that node will know that the same party sent those txids!  (I will omit further discussion here; this could get lengthy.)  The best way for privacy is always to run your own node, especially since Dandelion++ was implemented to help obscure the originating node for transactions.

None of that has anything whatsoever to do with the amounts of transactions, or the amount that you keep in a wallet.

You seem to be worried about a security compromise by a remote node which exploits some hypothetical 0day in your wallet.  That is a general software security concern, which also applies to your own Monero full node daemon—or your own Bitcoin node, or your e-mail client, or, worst of all, to the web browser that you are using to peruse this forum.  It applies to each and every bit of software running on any computer that ever connects to the Internet, directly or indirectly.

Yes, compartmentalize—among other things.  But I have never heard of a remote node pwning a wallet.  (Was there ever some obscure CVE that I don’t know about?  I am not, and do not claim to be a Monero expert as such.)  The aforestated privacy concern is much more significant.

Compartmentalize like the Titanic to be sure your ship doesn't sink Cheesy
P.S., RMS Titanic sank. ;-) Cheesy

This security product is 100% endorsed by nullius!

The Ultimately Secure DEEP PACKET INSPECTION AND APPLICATION SECURITY SYSTEM

[...]

Installation Instructions

• For best effect install the firewall between the CPU unit and the wall outlet. Place the jaws of the firewall across the power cord, and bear down firmly. Be sure to wear rubber gloves while installing the firewall or assign the task to a junior system manager. If the firewall is installed properly, all the lights on the CPU will turn dark and the fans will grow quiet. This indicates that the system has entered a secure state
  • For Internet use install the firewall between the demarc of the T1 to the Internet. Place the jaws of the firewall across the T1 line lead, and bear down firmly. When your Internet service provider's network operations center calls to inform you that they have lost connectivity to your site, the firewall is correctly installed.
[...]
P.P.S., do you kids even recognize the terminology?  This webpage is a few decades old.  Still true!

explorer
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2020, 05:39:40 AM

Exactly!  Point being:  Take all of the precautions you like, and you can still sink your ship with one fuckup.
elrippos friend

Activity: 1179
Merit: 210

only hodl what you understand and love!

View Profile
November 04, 2020, 07:04:31 PM

Exactly!  Point being:  Take all of the precautions you like, and you can still sink your ship with one fuckup.

Or lose your coins in a "boat accident"  Grin Grin Grin

nullius
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2020, 07:25:13 PM

Indeed, this is not the wrong thread for this:

With transparent blockchains, if the coins that you own can be traced to you, then it can later be observed if they move.  Publicly observed.  By anyone in the world who wants to watch.  (And if the coins cannot be traced to you, then this discussion is irrelevant.)  Lying about losses in any kind of an official context could usually result in hard prison time.  Lost coins are permanently unspendable; “lost” coins do not exist in Bitcoinland.

If you are susceptible to boating accidents, it would be tragic to HoDL a privacy coin.  Why, if you lose your keys, you cannot even provide your view keys on demand!  Such loss.

Code:
incoming_transfers available uses
sweep_all [...rinse, repeat at random times...]
Not necessary with That Other Privacy Coin.

Bitcoiners have less to fear from boating accidents, and more to fear from getting hacked.  [...]

elrippos friend

View Profile
November 05, 2020, 05:14:06 AM

Indeed, this is not the wrong thread for this:

With transparent blockchains, if the coins that you own can be traced to you, then it can later be observed if they move.  Publicly observed.  By anyone in the world who wants to watch.  (And if the coins cannot be traced to you, then this discussion is irrelevant.)  Lying about losses in any kind of an official context could usually result in hard prison time.  Lost coins are permanently unspendable; “lost” coins do not exist in Bitcoinland.

If you are susceptible to boating accidents, it would be tragic to HoDL a privacy coin.  Why, if you lose your keys, you cannot even provide your view keys on demand!  Such loss.

Code:
incoming_transfers available uses
sweep_all [...rinse, repeat at random times...]
Not necessary with That Other Privacy Coin.

Bitcoiners have less to fear from boating accidents, and more to fear from getting hacked.  [...]

That's why we do not hodl BTC  Grin Grin Grin

Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
November 05, 2020, 02:31:51 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2020, 06:23:45 PM by Globb0

Warning Newbie account, 0 Merit.

Take caution before installing this software.

Post history is small but mostly about how to access coins in a wallet.

Says "We" but not who we is.

*EDIT* AND AGAIN BELOW. New wave of trolls and scammers confirmed*

explorer
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2020, 06:27:01 PM

don't quote/respond, just flag it.  Mod used to be very good, hopefully still on point.
Termie

Activity: 642
Merit: 292

View Profile
November 07, 2020, 12:21:38 AM

https://decrypt.co/47508/shapeshift-quietly-delists-monero-privacy-coin

one XMR-delisting after the other, and I fear this "trend" won´t stop anymore Embarrassed
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4861

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
November 07, 2020, 04:13:58 AM

one XMR-delisting after the other, and I fear this "trend" won´t stop anymore Embarrassed

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1439

View Profile
November 07, 2020, 05:33:45 AM

Privacy is a cat and mouse game between the development team and the regulators. The development team is winning, however, the regulators will pressure the weakest links between the people and the coin.  

One of the weakest links are the centralized exchanges. The regulators will win that game but there are solutions. Decentralized exchanges. Cat and mouse hehehe.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Miro1764n

View Profile
November 07, 2020, 02:36:13 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2020, 02:47:09 PM by Miro1764n

A few days ago i asked about transaction priority and fees. I'm using a gui wallet in simple mode. Today i tried send moneroand...faled. What am i doing wrong? Is it because of a small comission? Can i send monero using simple mode?

OK. The first time I tried a very small amount. Just for the test. Now I have tried a few more. And ... it worked.
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
November 07, 2020, 02:41:07 PM

Privacy is a cat and mouse game between the development team and the regulators. The development team is winning, however, the regulators will pressure the weakest links between the people and the coin.  

One of the weakest links are the centralized exchanges. The regulators will win that game but there are solutions. Decentralized exchanges. Cat and mouse hehehe.

Atomic swaps will free the cat from the bag.

Shutdown what?

Miro1764n

View Profile
November 07, 2020, 03:05:41 PM

aaaaaand another transaction failed....you need to send more than once for it to work. Ah God what a terrible update. In the previous version everything worked perfect  Cry
elrippos friend

View Profile
November 07, 2020, 04:15:55 PM

aaaaaand another transaction failed....you need to send more than once for it to work. Ah God what a terrible update. In the previous version everything worked perfect  Cry

What are you complaining? Take another node to distribute your transaction, not all nodes are running correctly, that's the way the story goes  Wink

Shrikez

Activity: 399
Merit: 263

View Profile
November 07, 2020, 04:21:05 PM
Merited by jwinterm (5)

Hi,

many years ago, when the GUI was finally released and I got drunk on Barolo to celebrate, I unwittingly created the Monero Barolo meme on IRC.

Since I live close to the Barolo region I thought I should make something nice from it, something that people might enjoy. So here goes:

https://xmr.wine/

Like Monero, the vintage is 2014. Comes with a nice wooden box with the Monero logo in sizes 1, 2 or 6 bottles.

Only about 260 of 500 bottles are still available.

Shipping worldwide.

Cheers, Infinitejest/eyejay

Die Würde des Menschen ist unantastbar
Pages: « 1 ... 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 [2083] 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 »
  Print  

Jump to: