Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:51:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 [2095] 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4666977 times)
Inagame

Activity: 434
Merit: 124

View Profile
January 16, 2021, 11:41:58 PM

Is there any dex exchange working for Monero or is someone working on something like this?
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
elrippos friend

Activity: 1179
Merit: 210

only hodl what you understand and love!

View Profile
January 17, 2021, 09:30:37 AM

Is there any dex exchange working for Monero or is someone working on something like this?

https://bisq.network

Inagame

Activity: 434
Merit: 124

View Profile
January 17, 2021, 07:01:30 PM

Thank you, I will check it out.

I heard that someone created wrapped Monero on ETH network but I don't know how legit that is?
https://blog.btse.com/introducing-wrapped-monero/
visdude
Legendary

Activity: 1081
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 18, 2021, 12:31:38 AM

I restored from seed on the latest GUI v0.17.1.7 to be a cold wallet in an offline machine. I then generated a view-only wallet from it which I synced in an online machine. My balance is off. All transactions shown are "Received" (green dots). I was able to identify a recent "Send" transaction that is indicated as "Received" (green dot) so I assume the rest of my outputs over a few years (which I am unable to identify) are the same. I shouldn't complain since my balance is a bit more than it should be but I know this is gonna haunt me later down the line. Did I miss a step in setting up this cold/view-only wallet? What gymnastics do I have to do to resolve this issue?

Try exporting the key images from the offline wallet and subsequently importing them in the hot wallet. See (5):

https://github.com/monero-ecosystem/monero-GUI-guide/blob/master/monero-GUI-guide.md#send-monero

Thank you for your assistance.

Importing the cold/offline wallet key images after the view-only/online wallet had synced did not fix my balance issue. I also consequently did "Settings>Wallet>Rescan wallet balance" but this feature did not do anything at all. I even downloaded and synced the blockchain from scratch, just in case the existing one was somehow corrupted but to no avail.

To reiterate, I restored my cold/offline/air-gapped wallet from seed (i.e. from scratch) and created the view-only/online wallet from it. Since the "seed" is the ultimate in terms of crypto backup, I assumed that it would just work without any hitch right off the bat. Did I miss a step in my procedure to restore my cold/view-only wallet setup from scratch?

Furthermore, several seconds after GUI v0.17.1.7 Wallet and Daemon fully sync, it would go back to syncing mode again with "Daemon blocks remaining: 2". Sometimes, it would drop to "1" momentarily then goes back up to "2" again but would never fully sync again from here on.

Please try applying the ban list:

1. Download this file and place it in the same folder as `monerod` / `monero-wallet-gui`: https://gui.xmr.pm/files/block_tor.txt

2. Go to the `Settings` page -> `Node` tab.

3. Enter
Code:
--ban-list block_tor.txt 
in `daemon startup flags` box.

4. Restart the GUI (and daemon).

This worked. Thanks! Do I need to keep these (ban list file and daemon startup flag) in there from here on? If so, does the list need to be updated all the time and/or updates would be incorporated in subsequent releases?

bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2206
Merit: 3166

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
January 18, 2021, 08:22:35 AM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

If it does not open the wallet you need and were your funds are, it seems to be useless/wrong  Roll Eyes

Just curious, can you even have 2 of the same words in a row in a seed? Huh

I'd brute-force it, depending on how many XMR were in it. Google is your best friend. Wink

Sorry for the confusion. It is 25 words with (1) word that is repeated. It is the 7th word and 25th word that are the same.

IIRC the last word is a checksum which will allow you to tell if you have entered the words in the correct order.

You may want to look into that.

Correct: https://web.getmonero.org/resources/moneropedia/mnemonicseed.html

"In the official wallet, the mnemonic seed comprises 25 words with the last word being used as a checksum."

- You can figure out what will happen, not when /Warren Buffett
- Pay any Bitcoin address privately with a little help of Monero.
USMCGRUNT

Activity: 12
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 18, 2021, 01:52:55 PM

If it does not open the wallet you need and were your funds are, it seems to be useless/wrong  Roll Eyes

Just curious, can you even have 2 of the same words in a row in a seed? Huh

I'd brute-force it, depending on how many XMR were in it. Google is your best friend. Wink

Sorry for the confusion. It is 25 words with (1) word that is repeated. It is the 7th word and 25th word that are the same.

IIRC the last word is a checksum which will allow you to tell if you have entered the words in the correct order.

You may want to look into that.

Correct: https://web.getmonero.org/resources/moneropedia/mnemonicseed.html

"In the official wallet, the mnemonic seed comprises 25 words with the last word being used as a checksum."

I do not think I copied the incorrect password, but even if I did, I know the mnemonic seed is correct. I have all 25 words and verified that they are official words for the GUI. I get a "You're all setup" when I restore from seed, but at the bottom I get "electrum-style word list failed verification." I will see if I can add the photo link... It will not let me in the wallet even though it says I am all set up.

https://imgur.com/4PM0L8V
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4861

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
January 18, 2021, 07:13:30 PM

Hi everyone! As you all know, the mission of BitStickers is to help the global promotion of the cryptocurrencies.
In the spirit of Satoshi in the third crypto cycle, BitStickers have decided to spread the crypto stickers around the World.
As we witness the crypto revolution and supporting all this time whole ideology of crypto, the BitStickers team wants to give something back to the community in the way that supports crypto spirit.

How to get free BitStickers? Easy...

First replay on this post will get free stickers.
Personal data and address will be sent by personal massage and you can expect them in no more than 15 work days from the moment we send them.
Free stickers package contains Monero stickers in all sizes that we have in our assortment.
Share the photos of free stickers when they come to you or places where you put them and you will get the same amount of stickers again.
Spread the word around the world...
BitStickers

HI! As you should know we in this thread are not so stupid as to give up our OP-SEC for a few stickers.

Not even for a Personal Massage.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2021, 12:11:31 AM

Just watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZItfC5d8Bc

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Jaered

Activity: 840
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 19, 2021, 11:39:13 AM

I see that Monero and other privacy coins are being delisted and all. I don't know what's goin on in the crypto sphere against them?
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
January 19, 2021, 03:01:45 PM

I restored from seed on the latest GUI v0.17.1.7 to be a cold wallet in an offline machine. I then generated a view-only wallet from it which I synced in an online machine. My balance is off. All transactions shown are "Received" (green dots). I was able to identify a recent "Send" transaction that is indicated as "Received" (green dot) so I assume the rest of my outputs over a few years (which I am unable to identify) are the same. I shouldn't complain since my balance is a bit more than it should be but I know this is gonna haunt me later down the line. Did I miss a step in setting up this cold/view-only wallet? What gymnastics do I have to do to resolve this issue?

Try exporting the key images from the offline wallet and subsequently importing them in the hot wallet. See (5):

https://github.com/monero-ecosystem/monero-GUI-guide/blob/master/monero-GUI-guide.md#send-monero

Importing the cold/offline wallet key images after the view-only/online wallet had synced did not fix my balance issue. I also consequently did "Settings>Wallet>Rescan wallet balance" but this feature did not do anything at all. I even downloaded and synced the blockchain from scratch, just in case the existing one was somehow corrupted but to no avail.

To reiterate, I restored my cold/offline/air-gapped wallet from seed (i.e. from scratch) and created the view-only/online wallet from it. Since the "seed" is the ultimate in terms of crypto backup, I assumed that it would just work without any hitch right off the bat. Did I miss a step in my procedure to restore my cold/view-only wallet setup from scratch?

Furthermore, several seconds after GUI v0.17.1.7 Wallet and Daemon fully sync, it would go back to syncing mode again with "Daemon blocks remaining: 2". Sometimes, it would drop to "1" momentarily then goes back up to "2" again but would never fully sync again from here on.

1. Download this file and place it in the same folder as `monerod` / `monero-wallet-gui`: https://gui.xmr.pm/files/block_tor.txt

3. Enter
Code:
--ban-list block_tor.txt 

This worked. Thanks! Do I need to keep these (ban list file and daemon startup flag) in there from here on? If so, does the list need to be updated all the time and/or updates would be incorporated in subsequent releases?

Regarding the cold wallet setup, do you know how to operate the CLI?

With respect to the ban list, you should be able to run v0.17.1.9 without it.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
visdude
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2021, 04:31:03 PM

3. Enter
Code:
--ban-list block_tor.txt 

Opening a command prompt in Windows and copying/pasting args is about the extent of my CLI proficiency unfortunately.

OK, I'll try running v0.17.1.9 without it next time.

explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
January 20, 2021, 02:46:20 AM

Thanks for that.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2021, 04:11:16 AM

elrippos friend

View Profile
January 20, 2021, 05:50:39 AM

The interview with @arcticmine was funny  Cheesy

Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2021, 05:42:37 PM

He's the Man. Smiley

bct_ail
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 2205

https://t1p.de/6ghrf

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2021, 09:48:58 PM

explorer guided me to this thread. So I ask here.

Didn't find any other thread where I can ask about my problem.
I am not so familiar with Linux but learning every day.

I have installed the GUI Wallet in Ubuntu 20.04 and verify the download. A double-click on it doesn't start the GUI. So I compiled the GUI from source according to this tutorial: https://github.com/monero-project/monero-gui#installing-the-monero-gui-from-a-package
I did everything which stands there. Point 4 says "The executable can be found in the build/release/bin folder."

4. Build

make release -j4

* 4 - number of CPU threads to use
    * Add CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH enviroment variable to set a custom Qt install directory, e.g. CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=$HOME/Qt/5.9.7/gcc_64 make release -j4

The executable can be found in the build/release/bin folder.
https://github.com/monero-project/monero-gui#installing-the-monero-gui-from-a-package

But there is no executable file (at least I don't recognise anything there). What do I have to type in the terminal for starting the wallet?

.airbet.
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

6,000+
GAMES
|
WEEKLY
PROMOS
....100%....
1ST DEPOSIT
BONUS
....125%.....
2ND DEPOSIT
BONUS
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██
.PLAY NOW.
elrippos friend

View Profile
January 23, 2021, 09:22:06 AM

explorer guided me to this thread. So I ask here.

Didn't find any other thread where I can ask about my problem.
I am not so familiar with Linux but learning every day.

I have installed the GUI Wallet in Ubuntu 20.04 and verify the download. A double-click on it doesn't start the GUI. So I compiled the GUI from source according to this tutorial: https://github.com/monero-project/monero-gui#installing-the-monero-gui-from-a-package
I did everything which stands there. Point 4 says "The executable can be found in the build/release/bin folder."

4. Build

make release -j4

* 4 - number of CPU threads to use
    * Add CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH enviroment variable to set a custom Qt install directory, e.g. CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=$HOME/Qt/5.9.7/gcc_64 make release -j4

The executable can be found in the build/release/bin folder.
https://github.com/monero-project/monero-gui#installing-the-monero-gui-from-a-package

But there is no executable file (at least I don't recognise anything there). What do I have to type in the terminal for starting the wallet?

Take a look at here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1006772.msg56167102#msg56167102

phishead

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2021, 06:18:25 AM
Merited by Hueristic (2)

W00t! glad I got sidetracked! Smiley

Saved me some XMR! Cheesy

Peyton still Sucks. Tongue

I had a good laugh looking back at this part of the thread from our Super Bowl wager @jwinterm Cheesy

Cool that I have some authentic cards from that game that were game worn jerseys and such haha
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2021, 06:24:05 AM

W00t! glad I got sidetracked! Smiley

Saved me some XMR! Cheesy

Peyton still Sucks. Tongue

I had a good laugh looking back at this part of the thread from our Super Bowl wager @jwinterm Cheesy

Cool that I have some authentic cards from that game that were game worn jerseys and such haha

Cool memories man! Cheesy

visdude
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2021, 09:06:42 AM

3. Enter
Code:
--ban-list block_tor.txt 

Can my balance issue be fixed via CLI then?
Pages: « 1 ... 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 [2095] 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 »
  Print  

Jump to: