Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 08:11:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 2122 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4666882 times)
Rias

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 02:49:05 PM

I was waiting until I saw this graph, but it tells much much more.

Thank you for this synthetic list, it helps much for replying. Let me give some precision:

Yes, thank you for the list, it makes the best concentration of the lie in this topic. Let me give some precision too.

1. miner's latest version is closed source because Noodle prefers it to be stable before releasing the source. If will be open-source eventually

Eventually, when your instamine plan is fulfilled and you benefit from the faster emission curve, you will grant the open-source to your slaves. Wow, such generous!

2. We wanted MRO to be ready before the Bytecoin ninjamine take the lead. In a way, fast release helped fighting premine. Considering the present hashrate, that was the right strategy

You didn't want to do anything, when the coin was created. You always responded as if it was a too early launch, or a creepy-BCN-guys-conspiracy.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563821.msg6237909#msg6237909

Then when you felt you were left out you decided to overtake the coin and find a way to make a fortune.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=582080.msg6364242#msg6364242

"Good point, yeah, we're good, we're nice, but we'll goddamit instamine the shit out of this coin, while nobody sees".

At that time you were more worried about instamining then now, when you made the difficulty skyrocket with your super optimized miners, which we'll never see.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=582080.msg6364370#msg6364370

3. not a direct copy, since we changed some parameters, especially related to a flatter curse, for rewarding early adopters less - which means fairer for the greater amount of people. Plus, new features are planned but I prefer to not say which one for the moment. Finally and maybe more importantly: Bytecoin was 80% premined ("ninjamined", as we call it)

You didn't change anything. It was Thakful_for_today who started the coin:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563821.0

It was you who forked the rep and took over the control overnight starting from the stupid name change to avoid someone cracking your plans:
https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero/commits/master

Everything you ever "created" was Instaminer from NoodleDoodle, the rest you took from BMR or BCN code (sorry for the bold)

And you in particular, David, didn't even know how to check your hashrate when the BMR started:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563821.msg6286721#msg6286721

4. Consider the monero starter pack. Full of precompiled binaries. Since I am the maintainer, please mention any improvement on it.

Open-source miner.

5. We apologize for this, we hope this is now getting easier. We asked the Bitcointalk moderators to move the thread, they never answered. Anyway, the more it will go, the more the other Ann will be buried.

You know why they never answered? Because you've created a second topic and decided to steal the control over the coin.

My personal resume on the coin

You never did any damn thing apart from compiling miner guides (thank you for that), and creating an optimized miner to instamine the coin yourself. And yes, you spent hours & hours & hors on this forum just posting bullshit, which will drive more users to your instamined coin.

Congratulations, you've made it! The fair launch was soooo fair!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 02:54:43 PM

Yes, thank you for the list, it makes the best concentration of the lie in this topic.
Insulting => not going to reply. This has nothing to do with whether insult are justified or not. This is a matter of courtesy, I don't reply to people who resort to insult.
Now, if you apologize for your insult, I will gladly reply.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
Tan

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 02:56:11 PM

My wallet cannot open. I run it and it quitted quickly.  I use window.
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 02:57:15 PM

Sorry, I do not use Windows so I cannot help you. Certainly someone else will Smiley

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
dreamspark

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 02:57:59 PM

Are you on a 64 bit or 32 bit system?
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 02:58:22 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2014, 03:10:17 PM by GreekBitcoin

I guess if bytecoin guys give a fuck about community and tft actually responded to what people say he wouldnt lose control of a coin so miserably as it seems he deserves.

All you guys wanted to do was to get attention to bytecoin by creating another coin and MM on its blockchain. It looks like you failed because people got the point quite easily. Thats why he lost control. Why the fuck anyone would like to merge mine with a 80% premined coin that devs playing hide and seek on tor?

You have your fantomcoin now. Hope it succeeds. Go make people mine it hoping it will drag bytecoin upwards...

Edit: I am sorry for being aggresive but i hate premine
Rias

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 03:00:20 PM

Yes, thank you for the list, it makes the best concentration of the lie in this topic.
Insulting => not going to reply. This has nothing to do with whether insult are justified or not. This is a matter of courtesy, I don't reply to people who resort to insult.

May I apologize for calling a scammer a scammer. Or you were insulted by the fact you didn't know how to check hash rate? I'm very very sorry.

I am insulted by the way you treat your "community".

Now will you stop winning time and start explaining?
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 03:02:28 PM

May I apologize for calling a scammer a scammer. Or you were insulted by the fact you didn't know how to check hash rate? I'm very very sorry.

I am insulted by the way you treat your "community".

Now will you stop winning time and start explaining?

It's rather bizarre that you're calling this an "instamine" scam when you're so fervently supporting BCN, which was mined 80% before entering the clearnet.  Difficulty adjustments are per block, so there is no possibility of an instamine unless you don't publish your blockchain (emission is regular at the preset interval, and scales adequately with the network hash rate).  What you're accusing monero of is exactly what ByteCoin did.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 03:02:39 PM

interesting…I will keep one eye on MRO, keep working dev(:
thankful_for_today

Activity: 126
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 03:12:59 PM

I guess if bytecoin guys give a fuck about community and tft actually responded to what people say he wouldnt lose control of a coin so miserably as it seems he deserves.

That's so rude of you, man.

Vote for BitMonero on Comkort exchange: https://comkort.com/vote
BTC: 1F1Ryrc2gvJQsVNTS5xvCxKugMjvbFRzX4
Rias

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 03:13:27 PM

It's rather bizarre that you're calling this an "instamine" scam when you're so fervently supporting BCN, which was mined 80% before entering the clearnet.  Difficulty adjustments are per block, so there is no possibility of an instamine unless you don't publish your blockchain (emission is regular at the preset interval, and scales adequately with the network hash rate). 

I'm not supporting BCN for a couple of months, I was merely focused on finding the source of CryptoNote technology and playing around with the riddles. Go check it yourself.

What you're accusing monero of is exactly what ByteCoin did.

You've got my point, great!

Because you're doing the very same thing trying to conceal it under the good intentions... apart from the fact that you didn't even make any significant contribution to the coin yourself.
Rias

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 03:14:08 PM

In favor of instamine, may I ask? Smiley
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 03:21:25 PM

Yes man its rude. I know.  But from the start this was exackly what i saw you doing. Instead of creating a coin that could be great you just wanted to make bytecoin's price rise.
And then when community didnt want merge mining you just disappeared...

Wasnt tft that made the mistake with the curve? I may be wrong here but i think it was tft's mistake that the coin is being mined faster than proposed...And voices were heard that it wasnt a mistake...

And you know what, no i dont like instamine. I prefer it 10 times over premine. Make a coin with no premine and no instamine and i will support it with my full power. Seriously.

tacotime
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 03:23:11 PM

Yes man its rude. I know.  But from the start this was exackly what i saw you doing. Instead of creating a coin that could be great you just wanted to make bytecoin's price rise.

Wasnt tft that made the mistake with the curve? I may be wrong here but i think it was tft's mistake that the coin is being mined faster than proposed...And voices were heard that it wasnt a mistake...

And you know what, no i dont like instamine. I prefer it 10 times over premine. Make a coin with no premine and no instamine and i will support it with my full power. Seriously.

There is no instamine. Difficulty adjustment is per block.  Blocks are coming in at almost the same rate they were a few days ago. Instamine refers to setting block reward artificially high or difficulty artificially low at the start of the chain, which has never happened with this coin.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 03:24:43 PM

Add to the list: "No IPO" (although I participated in the NEM IPO, a lucky shot, I guess - I would probably not participate in an IPO today, I learnt since then).

GreekBitcoin
Legendary

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 03:27:05 PM

There is no instamine. Difficulty adjustment is per block.  Blocks are coming in at almost the same rate they were a few days ago. Instamine refers to setting block reward artificially high or difficulty artificially low at the start of the chain, which has never happened with this coin.

some people are calling instamining the face that we will have all coins out at 8 years instead of following bitcoin's...
Rias

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 03:27:36 PM

Then you'd better start asking the very same questions to the self-proclaimed "authors" of the BMR/MRO.

Yeah, "no instamine, no arguments".

How do you explain this raise? How do I know you don't secretly mine the coin with ultra-optimized miner. I'd like to see my points answered.

Just to remind you:

I was waiting until I saw this graph, but it tells much much more.

Thank you for this synthetic list, it helps much for replying. Let me give some precision:

Yes, thank you for the list, it makes the best concentration of the lie in this topic. Let me give some precision too.

1. miner's latest version is closed source because Noodle prefers it to be stable before releasing the source. If will be open-source eventually

Eventually, when your instamine plan is fulfilled and you benefit from the faster emission curve, you will grant the open-source to your slaves. Wow, such generous!

2. We wanted MRO to be ready before the Bytecoin ninjamine take the lead. In a way, fast release helped fighting premine. Considering the present hashrate, that was the right strategy

You didn't want to do anything, when the coin was created. You always responded as if it was a too early launch, or a creepy-BCN-guys-conspiracy.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563821.msg6237909#msg6237909

Then when you felt you were left out you decided to overtake the coin and find a way to make a fortune.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=582080.msg6364242#msg6364242

"Good point, yeah, we're good, we're nice, but we'll goddamit instamine the shit out of this coin, while nobody sees".

At that time you were more worried about instamining then now, when you made the difficulty skyrocket with your super optimized miners, which we'll never see.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=582080.msg6364370#msg6364370

3. not a direct copy, since we changed some parameters, especially related to a flatter curse, for rewarding early adopters less - which means fairer for the greater amount of people. Plus, new features are planned but I prefer to not say which one for the moment. Finally and maybe more importantly: Bytecoin was 80% premined ("ninjamined", as we call it)

You didn't change anything. It was Thakful_for_today who started the coin:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563821.0

It was you who forked the rep and took over the control overnight starting from the stupid name change to avoid someone cracking your plans:
https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero/commits/master

Everything you ever "created" was Instaminer from NoodleDoodle, the rest you took from BMR or BCN code (sorry for the bold)

And you in particular, David, didn't even know how to check your hashrate when the BMR started:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563821.msg6286721#msg6286721

4. Consider the monero starter pack. Full of precompiled binaries. Since I am the maintainer, please mention any improvement on it.

Open-source miner.

5. We apologize for this, we hope this is now getting easier. We asked the Bitcointalk moderators to move the thread, they never answered. Anyway, the more it will go, the more the other Ann will be buried.

You know why they never answered? Because you've created a second topic and decided to steal the control over the coin.

My personal resume on the coin

You never did any damn thing apart from compiling miner guides (thank you for that), and creating an optimized miner to instamine the coin yourself. And yes, you spent hours & hours & hors on this forum just posting bullshit, which will drive more users to your instamined coin.

Congratulations, you've made it! The fair launch was soooo fair!

Thank you.
emontmon

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 03:28:54 PM

david

thank you for your reply. I did not mean to bypass you and you have been very helpful.
those are really my thoughts on how it is percieved by outsiders.

I keep saying this but you and others are very well versed. all developers passion is to be commended.
however, items deemed as non relevant or easy are often the source of distress/frustration. reading the thread this is obvious.

the emission curve was initially said to mimic btc. however it does not.  
1. It is good to hear that features will be implemented. I think sooner rather than later. I would recommend discussion of the options posted and reasoning why one was selected over the other.
2. I see the generosity of others in contributing to funds. unlike other coins where developers are asking for money. here developers putting their own coins for development. this is probably why this coin is doing so well. like a ceo buying stocks in his own company.
3. is the goal for this coin to be an asset or a currency. maybe this is what cryptonote was referring to. perhaps keeping it off exchanges is best. in this way value of the coin is independent of btc or physical money(fiat). the demand for exchange so that people can trade is more in line with greed immediate return (not necessarily a bad thing), then the vision of cryptonote to be used as a currency long term.
4. changing from one minute to two minutes for confirmation time is good. 2 minute confirmation was done with thought, changing it to 1 minute was done with out thought. (atleast it was not made obvious)

tacotime
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 03:31:07 PM

Yeah, "no instamine, no arguments".

How do you explain this raise? How do I know you don't secretly mine the coin with ultra-optimized miner. I'd like to see my points answered.

Someone made an optimized miner or started a botnet.  This has no impact on fungibility of the coin later. Artforz mined the shit out of Bitcoin with GPUs before anyone else, and there were numerous botnets on LTC.  Someone is being rewarded for their own work in obtaining a greater hashrate.  I'm not going to point fingers and shout that it's unfair.

Code:
Hexah

Activity: 728
Merit: 265

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 03:35:59 PM

I have always thought that cryptocurrency people do their own coins instead of stealing them from others  Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 2122 »
  Print  

Jump to: