Poll
Question: Poll closed
Yes, please I absolutely need it!
Yes, but it's not a priority
Not sure, I'd prefer other features
No, I don't need it
-
-

Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 185 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Minera v0.9.1] Your next mining dashboard - Antminer/CPUminer/CGminer/BFGminer  (Read 850293 times)
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 06:34:37 PM

I will raise some funds for you if you can get it supported?
How much would you need?

Anyone know if Minera will work with one of these...
http://www.adafruit.com/product/772

Thanks!

Nope it's not supported

magaman

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 07:43:59 PM

So it seems my stability issues all relate to the Dualminer USB's. I finally got my Gawminer Fury in and Minera runs super stable. I had to play around a bit to get it running really nice, starts with the CGminer Zues fork, was getting a ton of errors. Just figured out changing to bfgminer with the following command --scrypt -S zus:all --set zus:ignore_golden_nonce=1 --set zus:clock=350, I'm getting 1.4mh/s at the miner and 1.1mh/s poolside. Errors are holding at about 2-3%. I'm gonna run like that for a bit and maybe turn the clock down a hair and see if errors lower even more.

Do you have a guide on how you configured your Fury to run with Raspberry Pi. I'm getting a Fury and want to link them together to use this but am not sure where to start.

It's pretty simple:
Download the Minera image, burn it to your sd card. I used Apple-Pi Baker (for mac)
Put the SD card in the Pi power on. Either conenct to monitor and get IP once it's fully loaded, or look on your router for Minera and the ip.
go to ip/minera to enter the set-up
In settings use BFGminer select Maunal (not guided) and enter the following --scrypt -S zus:all --set zus:ignore_golden_nonce=1 --set zus:clock=350
Set-up your pools in settings and you should be good to go.

It's pretty simple. If you get hardware errors try lowering --set zus:clock=350, I'm actually down to 345 and it's running pretty stable about 2% errors but I need to burn it in a bit longer to see.
nwoolls

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 07:52:35 PM

So it seems my stability issues all relate to the Dualminer USB's. I finally got my Gawminer Fury in and Minera runs super stable. I had to play around a bit to get it running really nice, starts with the CGminer Zues fork, was getting a ton of errors. Just figured out changing to bfgminer with the following command --scrypt -S zus:all --set zus:ignore_golden_nonce=1 --set zus:clock=350, I'm getting 1.4mh/s at the miner and 1.1mh/s poolside. Errors are holding at about 2-3%. I'm gonna run like that for a bit and maybe turn the clock down a hair and see if errors lower even more.

Do you have a guide on how you configured your Fury to run with Raspberry Pi. I'm getting a Fury and want to link them together to use this but am not sure where to start.

It's pretty simple:
Download the Minera image, burn it to your sd card. I used Apple-Pi Baker (for mac)
Put the SD card in the Pi power on. Either conenct to monitor and get IP once it's fully loaded, or look on your router for Minera and the ip.
In settings use BFGminer select Maunal (not guided) and enter the following --scrypt -S zus:all --set zus:ignore_golden_nonce=1 --set zus:clock=350

It's pretty simple. If you get hardware errors try lowering --set zus:clock=350, I'm actually down to 345 and it's running pretty stable about 2% errors but I need to burn it in a bit longer to see.

I would suggest you leave out zus:ignore_golden_nonce unless you find that your miner isn't recognized. It skips the actual detection of the device (meaning other ASICs based on the same chipset will be mis-detected) and it also means that the estimated hashrates will be less accurate.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
soulreafer

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

CryptoCombat - Realtime NPC Fight Faucet

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 08:10:46 PM

hopefully you add multiuser / guest login to show stats without settings and stuff to mess around with

greez

zdaz14

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 08:26:26 PM

It's pretty simple:

Thanks for the help!
magaman

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 08:29:57 PM

It's pretty simple:

I would suggest you leave out zus:ignore_golden_nonce unless you find that your miner isn't recognized. It skips the actual detection of the device (meaning other ASICs based on the same chipset will be mis-detected) and it also means that the estimated hashrates will be less accurate.

Thanks I'll give it a try tonight. Hashrates have been pretty accurate device vs pool. I was just happy to get it running and stable  Smiley
michelem (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1015
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 07:00:18 AM

hopefully you add multiuser / guest login to show stats without settings and stuff to mess around with

greez

I think I'll add this in the next release along with some bug fixes for Dmaxl hashrates and activity pools.

What should the guest account allowed to do? I mean, ok no settings page allowed, but what about the ability to start/stop the miner? Or do you like more a completely read-only account?

Get Minera. Your next bitcoin mining dashboard. Donations are welcome
chadwickx16

Activity: 826

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 03:21:09 PM

greez

I think I'll add this in the next release along with some bug fixes for Dmaxl hashrates and activity pools.

What should the guest account allowed to do? I mean, ok no settings page allowed, but what about the ability to start/stop the miner? Or do you like more a completely read-only account?
Completely Read Only, including per device stats if possible.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████████
░░░░███████████████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███████████████
░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████████████
░░████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░░██████████
░░░████████████░
░░░░█████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░▀███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████████████████
░░░░░▄▄██████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████
░░███████████
░██████████▌
▐█████████▌
▐█████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
▐██████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
░███████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░▐████████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░▐███████████████▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄████████████████
░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███

███
███
!
#
HOMEPAGE
ANNOUNCEMENT
JOIN US ON SLACK
nwoolls

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 03:30:52 PM

greez

Note that this is already possible with Minera, though you need to use the built-in MobileMiner support:

http://web.mobileminerapp.com/devices/public/6bbTFosehEYySS

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
chadwickx16

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 03:47:26 PM

greez

Note that this is already possible with Minera, though you need to use the built-in MobileMiner support:

http://web.mobileminerapp.com/devices/public/6bbTFosehEYySS
Thanks, I didn't know you had a web dashboard for that. I'll be looking into this later today.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███████████████
░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████████████
░░████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░░██████████
░░░████████████░
░░░░░▀███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████████████████
░░░░░▄▄██████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████
░░███████████
░██████████▌
▐█████████▌
▐█████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
▐██████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
░███████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░▐████████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░▐███████████████▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄████████████████
░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███

███
███
!
#
HOMEPAGE
ANNOUNCEMENT
JOIN US ON SLACK
LexMine

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 02:34:28 PM

Great job. Minera works perfect with my War Machine - Hashing away.

Hi,
what settings do you use, wich miner?
mstrongbow

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

3D Printed!

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 06:23:38 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2014, 08:02:28 PM by mstrongbow

I will raise some funds for you if you can get it supported?
How much would you need?

Anyone know if Minera will work with one of these...
http://www.adafruit.com/product/772

Thanks!

Nope it's not supported

I am willing to donate a couple days worth of mining to this cause! (roughly $45)

About to setup my RK-Box on Minera  Grin I was just reading up to see if I was going to have any IP address issues or not, I'm still unsure whether Minera will assign a static IP different than the other Minera controller I recently setup for my BlackWidow miner.

Edit: No need to fiddle with the IP settings as Minera took care of that for me. I am now running 2x Minera instances though the RK-Box is reporting slower than running the Rockminer image (298 Gh/s down from 460 Gh/s), might havta try a different miner as I'm using BFGMiner for the RK-Box and the BlackWidow as well.

Just added --rock-freq=320, hopefully that works! OR not...not sure I put that in the right place

Any suggestions for getting my RK-Box to hash at full speed using Minera?
Thanks!

My RK-Box performance...
Minera reporting ~315 Gh/s
Slush pool reporting ~260 Gh/s

Switching back to Rockminer image until I further research this

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
nwoolls

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 09:35:49 PM

Thanks!

My RK-Box performance...

If you are using BFGMiner hit up the BFGMiner thread. This is an issue I've reproduced myself. Luke has also been discussing with another fellow on IRC potential issues preventing BFGMiner from overclocking RockMiner equipment properly.

Basically, those RK-Boxes are super overclocked. If you check the RPC API stats on it, while the web UI may be reporting e.g. 520 Gh/s, you'll find some of the boards are generating upwards of 20% HW errors. Without the ability for BFGMiner to properly push the boards / chips, it's not going to hit the numbers their image does.

mstrongbow

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

3D Printed!

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 09:48:46 PM

Thanks!

My RK-Box performance...

If you are using BFGMiner hit up the BFGMiner thread. This is an issue I've reproduced myself. Luke has also been discussing with another fellow on IRC potential issues preventing BFGMiner from overclocking RockMiner equipment properly.

Basically, those RK-Boxes are super overclocked. If you check the RPC API stats on it, while the web UI may be reporting e.g. 520 Gh/s, you'll find some of the boards are generating upwards of 20% HW errors. Without the ability for BFGMiner to properly push the boards / chips, it's not going to hit the numbers their image does.

Gotcha and thanks Nate! I had the same RK-Box running on MultiMiner awhile back using BFGMiner and there were more HWE than the Rockminer image BUT it was definitely faster on MM that Minera. My RK-Box is somewhere in the range of 6% HWE and 2% rejects on avg.

I will check the thread and see if there is anything I can do to contribute for a fix, even if that means me just pulling code or stats from my machine.

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
CryptoJohn
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003

Well, That's Crypto :-\

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 01:51:10 AM
Last edit: September 07, 2014, 08:00:01 PM by CryptoJohn

Great solution for those of us using the essentially unsupported ZenController. Thanks to dev!
I would suggest better documentation and user settings for different devices in the OP. That would be huge!

Question for those more familiar with Minera:

I am up and running using bfg w/ default settings with Black Widow(14.2 mh/s w/ 5% error/reject) for 18hrs. My question involves the UI reporting my miner incorrectly. The pool hash is correct but the miner details and device tree show the Black Widow hashing @ 1gh/s. Impossible, too bad really Sad
Is there a setting or something to correct the UI reporting? Once the hash reporting is corrected can I rename devices? I ask this because I will be spinning up 4 Furys(still on zen) on a seperate Rpi and would like to name them correctly.

Another question: I have 4 furys into a hub then into Rpi...will this be an issue?

Is it possible to mix black widows @ furys on the same Rpi and it work with Minera?

Thanks to everyone for their help.

Count_Frackula

Activity: 99

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 03:11:03 AM
Last edit: September 07, 2014, 03:39:17 PM by Count_Frackula

For some reason, MinerA hates it when you select the Mining Rig Rentals pools.  If you select them, it will do glitchy things, such as blanking out the pool info for them in the dashboard, and seems that it will never mine to them.
Simalar issue with MagicPool, however, it will show it as a valid pool, but will fail over to a secondary pool permanently.

Edit: Seems to have randomly resolved itself.
Additionally, when using a Gridseed Blade, the Dev HR is wrong.  For example, it shows that it's mining at 1.548 and 1.472 with a pool hashrate of 5.022.

CPUminer on MinerA 0.3.5

Rent my SHA-256 rigs on Mining Rig Rentals.
Flep182
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 09:00:46 AM

For some reason, MinerA hates it when you select the Mining Rig Rentals pools.

Dude, don't use a referral link unless you are clear about it. That's not cool. Just paste the link instead of "hiding" it this way. People can decide whether they want to give you the referral fee.
zdaz14

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 01:19:03 PM

I have a Fury for Scrypt mining and am getting a 330 MHs Block Erupter from a friend for BTC. Is there a way to use both (I think the block is SHA only, I don't know) at the same time? Like can I assign separate pools to each of them from Minera?
giveen

Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 02:40:01 PM

Is there a fix for failing to resolve a pool stratum?

I know my pools are working

[2014-09-07 08:39:21] Failed to resolve (?wrong URL) ypool.net:9090
 [2014-09-07 08:39:21] Failed to resolve (?wrong URL) stratum3.doge.hashfaster.com:3339
Count_Frackula

Activity: 99

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 03:38:23 PM

For some reason, MinerA hates it when you select the Mining Rig Rentals pools.

Dude, don't use a referral link unless you are clear about it. That's not cool. Just paste the link instead of "hiding" it this way. People can decide whether they want to give you the referral fee.

Firstly, there is no referral fee.
Secondly, I see nothing wrong with my post.  It's a factual bug report for a couple of sites that do glitchy things when Minera is pointed to them.

Rent my SHA-256 rigs on Mining Rig Rentals.
Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 185 »
  Print  

Jump to: