Poll
Question: Poll closed
Yes, please I absolutely need it!
Yes, but it's not a priority
Not sure, I'd prefer other features
No, I don't need it
-
-

Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 185 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Minera v0.9.1] Your next mining dashboard - Antminer/CPUminer/CGminer/BFGminer  (Read 850320 times)
zdaz14

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:44:31 PM

I have guided setup on...can I just go to Set Up Extra Commands (using bfgminer) in the options and type: --set zus:clock=340 ?

Will that work like it should? I'm getting a far slower rate than I was directly using bfgminer.
michelem (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1015
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 02:47:43 PM

I have guided setup on...can I just go to Set Up Extra Commands (using bfgminer) in the options and type: --set zus:clock=340 ?

Will that work like it should? I'm getting a far slower rate than I was directly using bfgminer.

Yes of course you can, if you use guided setup, just put your commands in the "Extra options" field. Please  add also "--set zus:chips=XXX" can help on device hashrate.

Get Minera. Your next bitcoin mining dashboard. Donations are welcome
zdaz14

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 03:14:37 PM

Yes of course you can, if you use guided setup, just put your commands in the "Extra options" field. Please  add also "--set zus:chips=XXX" can help on device hashrate.

I did that and now my miner won't start Sad Do I need to keep updating Minera until there aren't anymore updates?
michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 03:16:14 PM

I did that and now my miner won't start Sad Do I need to keep updating Minera until there aren't anymore updates?

What updates?

zdaz14

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 03:56:28 PM

What updates?

In the upper right near Help it says "Update is available" when you click on it. Even though I'm pretty sure I have the most up to date version lol.

Miner still won't start at all now :/
michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 04:01:34 PM

In the upper right near Help it says "Update is available" when you click on it. Even though I'm pretty sure I have the most up to date version lol.

Is it an image install or manual install? Can you tell me the version you find here: http://<ip>/minera/minera.json

Then probably you have some issues on the Redis database.

You could try run the upgrade script manually in a terminal:

Code:
cd /var/www/minera
sudo bash upgrade_minera.sh

If you get errors, paste them.

zdaz14

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 04:28:35 PM

Is it an image install or manual install? Can you tell me the version you find here: http://<ip>/minera/minera.json

Then probably you have some issues on the Redis database.

You could try run the upgrade script manually in a terminal:

Code:
cd /var/www/minera
sudo bash upgrade_minera.sh

If you get errors, paste them.

It's an image install. Was working fine until I threw the chip/speed commands into it. Cant access my minera from work, I'll be takin lunch in like 2.5 hours though. I might just re-install it on the SD Card and start new. Cant figure out what I did wrong lol.

Unless I typed them into the wrong Extras area? Dunno.
pictsidhe

Activity: 199
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 06:48:02 PM

Trying to get minera to play with some gridseed blades here
Unfortunately, they don't run well with cpuminer, I've tried it on a few setups with differing cpuminer versions. Often not detected and often run slow if they are. Minis ran fine on those setups :/
The blades do run okish with bfgminer on the hashra thingy,
When I try changing minera from cpuminer to bfgminer (I'm setting the scrypt option and freq at 650 as I've undervolted) it crashes and burns. I can't even log in via terminal after doing that let alone the web interface. I would really like to know how to unscrew it in config files as reburning a whole image is a getting very tedious...
Any clues as to why it is crashing and burning would also be greatly appreciated. While I'm not expecting it to mine perfectly first go at settings, not even being able to log after changing to bfgminer is making it tricky to even get running...

Burns? What does it burn? Please paste the exact bfgminer config or cpuminer you use and explain what burns 'cause that's not absolutely regular.
'Crash and burn' British expression meaning it all goes very wrong. I have a cpuminer setup of my own that runs minis perfectly for months at a time. My blades just don't like that, they often aren't found and most that are don't run at full speed. I was trying 825MHz on standard blades to start with.
With minera, I tried dropping to 800 on standard blades, 650 on undervolted, but everything else standard. Changing to bfgminer and setting the scrypt option means minera no longer boots. I can't log in from web or terminal. The only way I've found to fix that so far is to flash the image again. I've spent a while rummaging through your files, but haven't worked much of it out yet.
BFGminer does work in Hashra.
michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 06:59:37 PM

Unfortunately, they don't run well with cpuminer, I've tried it on a few setups with differing cpuminer versions. Often not detected and often run slow if they are. Minis ran fine on those setups :/
When I try changing minera from cpuminer to bfgminer (I'm setting the scrypt option and freq at 650 as I've undervolted) it crashes and burns. I can't even log in via terminal after doing that let alone the web interface. I would really like to know how to unscrew it in config files as reburning a whole image is a getting very tedious...
Any clues as to why it is crashing and burning would also be greatly appreciated. While I'm not expecting it to mine perfectly first go at settings, not even being able to log after changing to bfgminer is making it tricky to even get running...

Burns? What does it burn? Please paste the exact bfgminer config or cpuminer you use and explain what burns 'cause that's not absolutely regular.
'Crash and burn' British expression meaning it all goes very wrong. I have a cpuminer setup of my own that runs minis perfectly for months at a time. My blades just don't like that, they often aren't found and most that are don't run at full speed. I was trying 825MHz on standard blades to start with.
With minera, I tried dropping to 800 on standard blades, 650 on undervolted, but everything else standard. Changing to bfgminer and setting the scrypt option means minera no longer boots. I can't log in from web or terminal. The only way I've found to fix that so far is to flash the image again. I've spent a while rummaging through your files, but haven't worked much of it out yet.

Check you are writing configs in the right places.

zdaz14

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 08:00:28 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2014, 10:40:44 PM by zdaz14

Up and running again with my clock speed at 340 and chips set to 6 (using a GAW Fury)

My speeds went from slow (1.2 Mhs) to slower (700-900 Khs).

No idea whats going wrong.

EDIT: Restarted it from my phone late and we're up to 1.3 MHs, so that's good Smiley

EDIT 2: Just kidding, back to 1.1 constantly. Clock speed is at 340 and chips are set to 6. That's weird that its slower with this than when plugged directly into my computer. Maybe I should try something aside from bfgminer?
pictsidhe

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 11:15:11 PM

Check you are writing configs in the right places.

I was changing to bfgminer in the web gui. It reliably stops it doing anything. It takes me 7 minutes to reflash the SD after each go, and I can't see anything obvious wrong. I've been using settings that work with hashra.

I have just got it working with cpuminer for some blades. it seems the combination of cpuminer, gridseed blades (but not minis), pis and d-link 7 port hubs is a bad one. I have one 49 port block erupter hub which is currently running fine with 10 blades and minera/cpuminer/pi. If it's still going in the morning, I'll put 6 more on it. I don't want to buy more of those hubs, they usually cost '$$$$howmuch!'.
I know there is a 32 device limit for pi's, so it currently looks like I'll have to run some blades with Hashra as I have 40 blades + 2 dozen minis and plenty of d-link hubs. 

If anyone is running Blades, Pis and Cpuminer I'd love to know EXACTLY which hubs you have.
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 11:22:47 PM

Mine just say 20 port USB hub on them, and they both work great

zdaz14

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 11:28:35 PM

Does anyone know if changing to cgminer would help with hash speeds versus bfgminer? Running bfgminer on my laptop I can get the Fury to 1.4 but connected to the RPi it stick around 1.1.
pictsidhe

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:44:24 AM

Michele,
I was just sitting back drinking tea and watching screens, 10 undervolted blades with a combined poolside hashrate of ~44MH/s, hw errors <1%, rejects also under <1%, yeah, could probably wring a bit more that, but I'm pretty happy. Power consumption for that is 340W at the wall. That beats my A2 for MH/J

Then the timer let you have a go.

Rejects climbed to 96% while the hashrate sank to 12MH/s. I think that means you had a useful 0.5MH/s rate. The problem? -The difficulty sat at 16, stuff just couldn't keep up, lag happened and most of the hashes that were done were too late.
ghash lets you set difficulty, you should set it MUCH higher, try 16384 or more. 16 is just losing you a lot of coin when a fast rig on a slow connection tries to send a result every millisecond. I have that rig at 2048 atm, once I'm happy with it, it'll go higher. my connection is not very fast and the only downside to a high difficulty is uneven shares. It's not even a particularly potent rig.

Pictsidhe
magaman

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 02:58:55 AM

Up and running again with my clock speed at 340 and chips set to 6 (using a GAW Fury)

EDIT: Restarted it from my phone late and we're up to 1.3 MHs, so that's good Smiley

EDIT 2: Just kidding, back to 1.1 constantly. Clock speed is at 340 and chips are set to 6. That's weird that its slower with this than when plugged directly into my computer. Maybe I should try something aside from bfgminer?

I don't use guided setup I use manual and the following -scrypt -S zus:all --set zus:ignore_golden_nonce=1 --set zus:clock=350

I get a solid 1.3+ with about 3% error rate
zdaz14

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 03:39:15 AM

I don't use guided setup I use manual and the following -scrypt -S zus:all --set zus:ignore_golden_nonce=1 --set zus:clock=350

I changed from bfgminer to the fourth option (cgminer Diaz?) and I'm hitting 1.4-1.5 with 3% errors, not bad.
LexMine

Activity: 84

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 05:14:45 AM

I changed from bfgminer to the fourth option (cgminer Diaz?) and I'm hitting 1.4-1.5 with 3% errors, not bad.

How are your cgminer settings for that?
nwoolls

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 05:21:55 AM

Last I checked the Dmaxl fork did not accurately display the hashrate.

Edit: Confirmed. Hashrate for ZeusMiners using the Dmaxl fork is still hard coded: https://github.com/dmaxl/cgminer/blob/master/driver-zeus.c#L507

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
zdaz14

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 02:12:53 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2014, 04:28:08 PM by zdaz14

Last I checked the Dmaxl fork did not accurately display the hashrate.

Edit: Confirmed. Hashrate for ZeusMiners using the Dmaxl fork is still hard coded: https://github.com/dmaxl/cgminer/blob/master/driver-zeus.c#L507

Interesting. But WestHash is reporting this:

5 minute accepted speed MH/s   1.4040

So it seems to be working fine.

EDIT: Mh reported on WestHash up now: 5 minute accepted speed MH/s 1.9040
zdaz14

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 02:14:44 PM

How are your cgminer settings for that?

I have all of the Guided Options turned on. And then I put this: --zeus-clock 340 into the extra slot. Someone suggested doing 355 but I was getting like 25% errors with that speed, so I just went back to the usual over clock speed.
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 185 »
  Print  

Jump to: