Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 11:17:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 233 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018  (Read 696180 times)
iopq

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 06:41:25 AM

clever

just not clear on why people would hold curecoin

for the previously purely altruistic protein folders, there is only incentive to sell

buying curecoin doesn't support protein folding or scientific research except in a stretch of the imagination that a higher priced curecoin helps donations (more selling)

please explain why this won't be worth 2 satoshis in a month
if it's worth only 2 satoshi nobody would fold because they wouldn't recoup their electricity costs

so yes, people have to buy the coin to support folding

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ChasingTheDream

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 06:46:01 AM

clever

for the previously purely altruistic protein folders, there is only incentive to sell

buying curecoin doesn't support protein folding or scientific research except in a stretch of the imagination that a higher priced curecoin helps donations (more selling)

if it's worth only 2 satoshi nobody would fold because they wouldn't recoup their electricity costs

In all honesty some of us will probably fold no matter what the value of the coin.  I'm not particularly concerned about whether I recover the cost of my hardware or my electricity.  Crypto was a gamble for me and I simply despise mining due to the wasted resources so if I make money great!  If I don't, I can live with it.  At least the work done to earn the coins meant something.

Edit:  Regarding the original question of explain why this won't be worth 2 satoshis in a month.  Nobody can say what the value of any coin will be in a month.  There are a lot of people that will argue otherwise but it is simply an opinion.
TaffThomas

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 06:46:51 AM

Now both my machines are sticking on downloading WU's. Even a restart of the client will not fix them. Anyone else having this problem? Huh

kqpahv mentioned this error on the previous page but restarting the client did reset his.

You're welcome Wink
Now only thing I am checking is GPU utilization and if thats 95+% I dont care about the numbers that the client is showing anymore.

I'v got a different problem myself now: Some GPU's get stuck downloading new WU's  Roll Eyes Stays on "downloading" forever with no getwork server address available. Restarting the client solves this but is really uncomfortable if you have many rigs to keep an eye on....
This started yesterday, anyone experiencing the same thing ?

Check the log and see if you are getting the same error message he got.  So far I have not run into this error but I am watching for it.

I am getting "05:32:12:ERROR:WU00:FS00:Exception: Server did not assign work unit". 2 out of 4 card on one machine, and 2 out of 3 on the other. Rebooting them didn't even fix it.

It's happening to a lot of people (myself included, on three different rigs and eight different folding slots) so it's not just you.   

Did we use up all the Work Units?  Smiley

I highly doubt it - I haven't had this problem occur but I will look into it.

I have the same problem. 2 out of my 5 cards not picking up new WUs.  Re-boot didnt work ..... seems more widespread

my log details

06:19:08:WU02:FS00:Requesting new work unit for slot 00: READY gpu:2:Hawaii [Radeon R9 200 Series] from 171.64.65.93
06:19:08:WU02:FS00:Connecting to 171.64.65.93:8080
06:19:08:WU01:FS01:Requesting new work unit for slot 01: READY gpu:0:Hawaii [Radeon R9 200 Series] from 171.64.65.93
06:19:08:WU01:FS01:Connecting to 171.64.65.93:8080
06:19:09:ERROR:WU02:FS00:Exception: Server did not assign work unit
06:19:09:ERROR:WU01:FS01:Exception: Server did not assign work unit

Now 3 out of 5 are stuck not picking up wu.  will be down to 1 card in 20 mins by the looks of it
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 06:48:00 AM

clever

In all honesty some of us will probably fold no matter what the value of the coin.  I'm not particularly concerned about whether I recover the cost of my hardware or my electricity.  Crypto was a gamble for me and I simply despise mining due to the wasted resources so if I make money great!  If I don't, I can live with it.  At least the work done to earn the coins meant something.

Yeah, I disagree with the idea that people will quit folding. I highly doubt every other team out there with folders is paying them to do it; people do it because they care.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
gen. specific

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 06:50:18 AM

clever

they would have to, but why would they

as with all coins, miners are dumping the coin on exchanges, and now we have new protein folders dumping coins

it is not uncommon to see a coin's price fall out of sync with base costs

so I get the concept behind curecoin, but what supports the price ?

some coins have price support by requiring coins to be held for ongoing perks, essentially removing coins from circulation. other coins have other forms of utility

here we have some kind of merge mining protein folding, a somewhat interesting distribution method for coins between cpu/gpu and sha256 asics, but nothing that makes it seem stable

so now altruism has been further thinned out between protein folding AND supporting the currency (so that others can cash out). When I was reading the OP I was looking for that "AHA!" moment to see how the protein folders contribute to the curecoin price, just like how the curecoin financial incentive contributes to more hash rate for the protein folding... to create a feedback loop. But this doesn't exist.

just off the top of my head, maybe to contribute to protein folding cpu/gpu holders need to own X amount of curecoin. In turn they'll get the folding points or whatever as well as more curecoin. Obviously this idea isn't refined, and flawed because cpu/gpu holders are the least likely to be able to have value to exchange for the coin, compared to the expensive ASIC owners.. but the concept is that the extra perk of the coin requires removing some of the coin from circulation, improving scarcity and price and WORTH.

gen. specific

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 06:52:36 AM

clever

In all honesty some of us will probably fold no matter what the value of the coin.  I'm not particularly concerned about whether I recover the cost of my hardware or my electricity.  Crypto was a gamble for me and I simply despise mining due to the wasted resources so if I make money great!  If I don't, I can live with it.  At least the work done to earn the coins meant something.

Edit:  Regarding the original question of explain why this won't be worth 2 satoshis in a month.  Nobody can say what the value of any coin will be in a month.  There are a lot of people that will argue otherwise but it is simply an opinion.

fair points but the proper incentive will improve the hash rates for protein folding.

I am here to entertain a cognitive discussion on how to improve incentive, not an abstract "free market, altruism" cop out
ChasingTheDream

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 06:55:40 AM

clever

Edit:  Regarding the original question of explain why this won't be worth 2 satoshis in a month.  Nobody can say what the value of any coin will be in a month.  There are a lot of people that will argue otherwise but it is simply an opinion.

fair points but the proper incentive will improve the hash rates for protein folding.

I am here to entertain a cognitive discussion on how to improve incentive, not an abstract "free market, altruism" cop out

CureCoin is a POW / POS hybrid so theoretically the POS component should help the value because people will want to hold the coin in order for minting to work.  The counter argument could be that holding a coin also destroys it because if there is no circulation nobody will want to use it for anything assuming there is something to use it for in the first place.

ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 06:59:11 AM

clever

In all honesty some of us will probably fold no matter what the value of the coin.  I'm not particularly concerned about whether I recover the cost of my hardware or my electricity.  Crypto was a gamble for me and I simply despise mining due to the wasted resources so if I make money great!  If I don't, I can live with it.  At least the work done to earn the coins meant something.

Edit:  Regarding the original question of explain why this won't be worth 2 satoshis in a month.  Nobody can say what the value of any coin will be in a month.  There are a lot of people that will argue otherwise but it is simply an opinion.

CureCoin is a POW / POS hybrid so theoretically the POS component should help the value because people will want to hold the coin in order for minting to work.  The counter argument could be that holding a coin also destroys it because if there is no circulation nobody will want to use it for anything assuming there is something to use it for in the first place.

Well, as far as I'm aware there are no uses anyways. There needs to be businesses that revolve around CureCoin. Something unique that this coin brings and makes people buy into it as a result. Protein folding is awesome, sure, but it's not going to get people to buy the coin.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
gen. specific

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 07:02:08 AM

clever

Edit:  Regarding the original question of explain why this won't be worth 2 satoshis in a month.  Nobody can say what the value of any coin will be in a month.  There are a lot of people that will argue otherwise but it is simply an opinion.

CureCoin is a POW / POS hybrid so theoretically the POS component should help the value because people will want to hold the coin in order for minting to work.  The counter argument could be that holding a coin also destroys it because if there is no circulation nobody will want to use it for anything assuming there is something to use it for in the first place.

thanks

That counter argument has not been demonstrated in any cryptocurrency yet, even in low float cryptos that have very few full units, the infinite divisibility is a feature
iopq

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 07:02:41 AM

clever

then just fold without getting paid, it's the same as the coin being worth 2 satoshi
why do you need curecoin to fold if you're going to do it anyway?
gen. specific

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 07:02:48 AM

clever

Well, as far as I'm aware there are no uses anyways. There needs to be businesses that revolve around CureCoin. Something unique that this coin brings and makes people buy into it as a result. Protein folding is awesome, sure, but it's not going to get people to buy the coin.

my first thought was the organizations that benefit from protein folding

begin transacting in curecoin

get grants paid in curecoin

this indirectly moves a lot of capital into the curecoin network
TaffThomas

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 07:07:52 AM

Now both my machines are sticking on downloading WU's. Even a restart of the client will not fix them. Anyone else having this problem? Huh

kqpahv mentioned this error on the previous page but restarting the client did reset his.

You're welcome Wink
Now only thing I am checking is GPU utilization and if thats 95+% I dont care about the numbers that the client is showing anymore.

I'v got a different problem myself now: Some GPU's get stuck downloading new WU's  Roll Eyes Stays on "downloading" forever with no getwork server address available. Restarting the client solves this but is really uncomfortable if you have many rigs to keep an eye on....

Check the log and see if you are getting the same error message he got.  So far I have not run into this error but I am watching for it.

I am getting "05:32:12:ERROR:WU00:FS00:Exception: Server did not assign work unit". 2 out of 4 card on one machine, and 2 out of 3 on the other. Rebooting them didn't even fix it.

It's happening to a lot of people (myself included, on three different rigs and eight different folding slots) so it's not just you.   

I have the same problem. 2 out of my 5 cards not picking up new WUs.  Re-boot didnt work ..... seems more widespread

my log details

06:19:08:WU02:FS00:Requesting new work unit for slot 00: READY gpu:2:Hawaii [Radeon R9 200 Series] from 171.64.65.93
06:19:08:WU01:FS01:Requesting new work unit for slot 01: READY gpu:0:Hawaii [Radeon R9 200 Series] from 171.64.65.93

Now 3 out of 5 are stuck not picking up wu.  will be down to 1 card in 20 mins by the looks of it
Have tried deleting the GPUs from the config and reinstating.  No joy still stuck on download
ChasingTheDream

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 07:11:15 AM

clever

then just fold without getting paid, it's the same as the coin being worth 2 satoshi
why do you need curecoin to fold if you're going to do it anyway?

I'll answer your question with a question.   Grin  Why would I do something in a manner that guarantees I have no chance of receiving any compensation for my time, energy, and hardware when there is a way to do the same thing and have a chance of getting some of the costs back?  The way I see it is CureCoin gives me the opportunity to do something helpful to society with a speculative aspect that may just make a little money along the way.  I see that as a win / win.

And to be clear I had never even heard of F@H until I read the CureCoin announcement.  So if it wasn't for CureCoin my hardware would have never been pointed to F@H because I didn't even know it existed.
ChasingTheDream

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 07:15:40 AM

You're welcome Wink

my log details

Have tried deleting the GPUs from the config and reinstating.  No joy still stuck on download

There are command line options that F@H has that I have not researched.  I would check to see if there is an option to override / change the work server.  If there is an option to do it you can try using 171.64.65.79.  One of my machines just received work from that server.
Swift42

Activity: 20

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 07:21:51 AM

CureCoin added to coinmarketcap.com

Listed with only 22k coin supply? FAIL that block explorer is trash

Not accurate because it's not counting the amount investors were paid out.

What would be the correct value (without minting)?
I think: (Number of block * 13) + 541390 + (days since 10-May-2014 * 7488)

Correct?
Currently: 1732 * 13 + 541390 + 11 * 7488 = 646274 Curecoins
Market cap: 0,88$ * 646274 Curecoins = 568721,12$
ChasingTheDream

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 07:22:49 AM

clever

my first thought was the organizations that benefit from protein folding

begin transacting in curecoin

get grants paid in curecoin

this indirectly moves a lot of capital into the curecoin network

I love this line of thinking.  I would also love to see the ability to pay for prescriptions and even medical bills in CureCoins.  In the original announcement thread we had a lot of discussion along these lines.

I have no idea how to initiate things like this but I do believe this is the right direction.  Can you imagine if Walgreen accepted CureCoins in their pharmacy?   Grin  Maybe a little discount on the price of the drugs because CureCoins may have helped create them and there should be lower transaction fees compared to credit card processors.
gen. specific

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 07:28:07 AM

I love this line of thinking.  I would also love to see the ability to pay for prescriptions and even medical bills in CureCoins.  In the original announcement thread we had a lot of discussion along these lines.

I have no idea how to initiate things like this but I do believe this is the right direction.  Can you imagine if Walgreen accepted CureCoins in their pharmacy?   Grin  Maybe a little discount on the price of the drugs because CureCoins may have helped create them and there should be lower transaction fees compared to credit card processors.

right.

it is foreseeable that alternate cryptos will be a liquid and viable form of acceptance with the proliferation of any cryptocurrency (such as bitcoin)

decentralized exchanges will allow for the point of sale exchange into any crypto
TaffThomas

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 07:52:24 AM

You're welcome Wink

my log details

There are command line options that F@H has that I have not researched.  I would check to see if there is an option to override / change the work server.  If there is an option to do it you can try using 171.64.65.79.  One of my machines just received work from that server.

I had a look https://fah-web.stanford.edu/projects/FAHClient/wiki/ClientDifferencesV6ToV7 sadly cant see anything that enables me to force the IP address.
neza777

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:16:05 AM

i have this error
04:58:37:ERROR:WU02:FS01:Exception: Transfer failed
04:58:57:WARNING:WU02:FS01:Exception: Failed to send results to work server: Transfer failed
04:59:18:WARNING:WU02:FS01:WorkServer connection failed on port 8080 trying 80
04:59:39:ERROR:WU02:FS01:Exception: Failed to connect to 140.163.4.241:80: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

i put 4 gpu on my rig
2 of my gpu stuck on 99.99% progress status running for almost 12 hours
1 of my gpu stuck on 100% progress status sent for almost 6 hours
and the other one normal
i tried to restart my pc but nothing change just the same  Huh
TaffThomas

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:35:37 AM

i have this error
04:58:37:ERROR:WU02:FS01:Exception: Transfer failed
04:58:57:WARNING:WU02:FS01:Exception: Failed to send results to work server: Transfer failed
04:59:18:WARNING:WU02:FS01:WorkServer connection failed on port 8080 trying 80
04:59:39:ERROR:WU02:FS01:Exception: Failed to connect to 140.163.4.241:80: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

i put 4 gpu on my rig
2 of my gpu stuck on 99.99% progress status running for almost 12 hours
1 of my gpu stuck on 100% progress status sent for almost 6 hours
and the other one normal
i tried to restart my pc but nothing change just the same  Huh

Do what I did above and all should be fine. I ponsed about with it for a few hours and then gave up and uninstalled and re-installed.  MAke sure you clear the data and config as well

I went onto IRC, the client should try and find another Work Server but for some reason it just isn't
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 233 »
  Print  

Jump to: