Bitcoin Forum
December 16, 2017, 06:56:45 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 221 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]CureCoin - CURECOIN TEAM HAS TAKEN RANK 1 ON FOLDING@HOME!!!  (Read 668212 times)
TaffThomas

Activity: 48

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 04:11:22 PM

If the Devs put up an OSX Wallet onto the OP and website I will promise to buy 1 BTCs worth of Curecoins on the exchange to add a little to the buying power.  At the moment I have nowhere to put my coins locally so mine are just stored at the folding pool.... not ideal

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1610

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 04:19:19 PM

Ok, to answer some questions.

Plenty of effort has been made to make things look legit, it just hasn't all been organized in the OP yet. Go look at cygnus's post on page 20. The 'premine' is released over time to the developers and they don't have access to the bulk it is just paid out at like 7488 coins a day to them and then they distribute it to everyone.

That's the point - no one is going to read through 200 posts to find a needle in the haystack. Assuming that hundreds of people will is a fundamental flaw in the approach thus far to communicating the coin's purpose.

Presentation and education needs to be the primary focus/FT job of at least 1-2 people. There are lots of people curious about Curecoin but struggling to understand it, verify it. I know the cypto devs are typically brilliant, but marketing is the act of communicating a message than can reach a wide mass of people with minimal friction. Right now there is a significant amount of friction - the reason there's little buy support is because people don't get what they're buying. Highly educated miners are setting up GPUs because they understand the uniqueness of the folding/mining platform and find it intriguing.

But investors/non-technical enthusiasts may not recognize why this coin is special. There's still time, no one is dumping, but it needs to be FT focus.

This, my friend, is why they need public relations people. Developers develop. Support supports. PR keeps the masses up-to-date with what's going on, works actively to market, and ensures that there is no confusion.

Earn Devcoins by Writing
cameronpalte

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 05:17:16 PM

Plenty of effort has been made to make things look legit, it just hasn't all been organized in the OP yet. Go look at cygnus's post on page 20. The 'premine' is released over time to the developers and they don't have access to the bulk it is just paid out at like 7488 coins a day to them and then they distribute it to everyone.

That's the point - no one is going to read through 200 posts to find a needle in the haystack. Assuming that hundreds of people will is a fundamental flaw in the approach thus far to communicating the coin's purpose.

Presentation and education needs to be the primary focus/FT job of at least 1-2 people. There are lots of people curious about Curecoin but struggling to understand it, verify it. I know the cypto devs are typically brilliant, but marketing is the act of communicating a message than can reach a wide mass of people with minimal friction. Right now there is a significant amount of friction - the reason there's little buy support is because people don't get what they're buying. Highly educated miners are setting up GPUs because they understand the uniqueness of the folding/mining platform and find it intriguing.

But investors/non-technical enthusiasts may not recognize why this coin is special. There's still time, no one is dumping, but it needs to be FT focus.

This, my friend, is why they need public relations people. Developers develop. Support supports. PR keeps the masses up-to-date with what's going on, works actively to market, and ensures that there is no confusion.

We need to start getting a foundation setup for the coin so that we can have specific public relations people and support people. We have developers who are also doing some of the support but they should focus on the development and we should get other people with knowledge of folding to do the support and then get separate public relations people. The question is will these people be paid or will they be volunteering for this - someone should contact the developers about this.

Bitcoin Facuet List - Free http://bitcoinsfaucetslist.blogspot.com/
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 05:24:54 PM

We need to start getting a foundation setup for the coin so that we can have specific public relations people and support people. We have developers who are also doing some of the support but they should focus on the development and we should get other people with knowledge of folding to do the support and then get separate public relations people. The question is will these people be paid or will they be volunteering for this - someone should contact the developers about this.

I think there should be remuneration in some way or another for anyone who is doing work for the coins. It should also be completely transparent (anyone that is being paid should be public).

Earn Devcoins by Writing
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1918

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 05:48:54 PM

If the Devs put up an OSX Wallet onto the OP and website I will promise to buy 1 BTCs worth of Curecoins on the exchange to add a little to the buying power.  At the moment I have nowhere to put my coins locally so mine are just stored at the folding pool.... not ideal
seljak

Activity: 99

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 06:14:05 PM

DO IT, DO IT, DO IT....ooo  Grin
LasersHurt

Activity: 75

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 06:49:40 PM

DO IT, DO IT, DO IT....ooo  Grin

I assume everyone is aware of the user-built wallet available, just unwilling to trust it? http://curecoin.net/index.php/knowledge-base/16-knowledge-base/resources/20-where-can-i-get-a-curecoin-wallet

Just making sure, don't blame you if you want to wait for an officially vetted one.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 07:08:56 PM

Hi. So far I've completed 6 WUs for the Curecoin F@H team. I haven't been credited with any coins. It's been over 24 hours since I completed my first WU. My cryptobullionpools account has exactly the same user name as my Curecoin F@H account including the right capitalization. I created this account just before I started folding. Is something wrong or should I wait more?

Based on what I've seen from past posts, it can take up to 72 hours to be credited. I'm not sure if there's a way to see a more up-to-date view of whether or not you're accurately earning (or how much) though.

Earn Devcoins by Writing
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 07:10:23 PM

just curious what kind of ressource do you need to get 500curecoins per day with folding at home ?

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
cameronpalte

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 07:10:40 PM

Hi. So far I've completed 6 WUs for the Curecoin F@H team. I haven't been credited with any coins. It's been over 24 hours since I completed my first WU. My cryptobullionpools account has exactly the same user name as my Curecoin F@H account including the right capitalization. I created this account just before I started folding. Is something wrong or should I wait more?

Based on what I've seen from past posts, it can take up to 72 hours to be credited. I'm not sure if there's a way to see a more up-to-date view of whether or not you're accurately earning (or how much) though.

Wait until the data appears on stanford's folding at home page for your username. If you have points here then within 24 hours you should see points on cryptobullionpools.com. Then you will be paid out within 24 hours from that.

EtBIM

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 07:13:59 PM

just curious what kind of ressource do you need to get 500curecoins per day with folding at home ?

Something like scrypt 100 MH/s

BTC: 1PoM7Us1VwPAfULsyTcwjqAeZMjRwiokB4
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 07:21:36 PM

Wait until the data appears on stanford's folding at home page for your username. If you have points here then within 24 hours you should see points on cryptobullionpools.com. Then you will be paid out within 24 hours from that.

Thanks for that. Can you also clarify something for me?

I'm folding at the moment. I have an ETA of 3.5 days for my current project. But it says "TPF: 50 minutes." What is the TPF?

Earn Devcoins by Writing
cameronpalte

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 07:47:05 PM

False. Scrypt isn't used for this cryptocurrency.

500 coins a day means 6.7% of all the coins released in a day 14.8 million points per day.

A single quad 780 ti rig could get 1 million points per day (slightly less) so you would need 15 of these.

cameronpalte

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 07:47:38 PM

I'm folding at the moment. I have an ETA of 3.5 days for my current project. But it says "TPF: 50 minutes." What is the TPF?

TPF = time it takes to complete 1%.

That's quite a long TPF, what GPU do you have, and how many estimated points is the project?

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 07:52:58 PM

TPF = time it takes to complete 1%.

That's quite a long TPF, what GPU do you have, and how many estimated points is the project?

Ah, it's because I'm running other things atm as well. I won't be able to straight up fold for another 3 days or so. I was just testing it out to see how it all works, Smiley.

Thanks for the clarification!

(And fwiw, that's worth 3k PPD)

Earn Devcoins by Writing
seljak

Activity: 99

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 08:01:01 PM

500 coins a day means 6.7% of all the coins released in a day 14.8 million points per day.

A single quad 780 ti rig could get 1 million points per day (slightly less) so you would need 15 of these.

So a single 780ti gets 250k ppd?
Fastpow

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 08:40:35 PM

I meant the hardware needed to get 100 MH/s with scrypt... But actually i was way off, AMD-wise it should be 30 R9 280x

You're way off, a single R9 280x gets around 120k ppd on avarage, which would mean you'll need around 120 to get 14.8 million ppd

Croak

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 08:40:56 PM

Make DAMN SURE you have the proper team entered.  Not on the Curecoin team (224497) , you're just charity folding.    Smiley
Fastpow

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 08:42:51 PM

Make DAMN SURE you have the proper team entered.  Not on the Curecoin team (224497) , you're just charity folding.    Smiley

You should wait atleast 1 more day, my first points started to show up after about 48-72 hours.

Croak

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 08:45:45 PM

I meant the hardware needed to get 100 MH/s with scrypt... But actually i was way off, AMD-wise it should be 30 R9 280x

You're way off, a single R9 280x gets around 120k ppd on avarage, which would mean you'll need around 120 to get 14.8 million ppd

290x gets close to 200k, 290 can do 170k, 780ti can get in spitting distance of 300k PPD with the right project.

I get 600k+ PPD out of a 4x 290 rig, 450k+ out of a 2x 780ti rig, 450k+ PPD out of a 4x 280x rig, and about 280k PPD out of a 4x 270 (non-x) rig.  

About 2.1 million PPD for all my rigs (290 rig, 280x rig, 780ti rig, and two 270 rigs), according to the FaH client (all rigs added to the client via remote), and that matches really damn close to my actual PPD by the time you factor time lost for new work and the odd glitch.  On scrypt, that combo of rigs is about 11mhs, just to put it in perspective.

And on my best day that earned me 67 coins.   So those guys pulling down 400-500 are throwing some serious hash (er, folding) power at Curecoin.  
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 221 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.