Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:32:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 233 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018  (Read 696200 times)
ChasingTheDream

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 02:06:41 AM

Looks like I'm going to need a little help with one of my computers.  Apparently the GPU's in one of my computers are  producing half the expected PPD.  I had mentioned this a few days ago and was going to rebuild it from scratch which I have done.  Then I slowed down the GPU's to avoid WU that were essentially crashing.  Then I let it run for a couple of days and timed it's work units compared to the computers next to it who's GPU's are running at the same speeds and one particular computer is indeed running at half normal speed and I have no idea why.

The hardware is actually identical to five other computers in that room and the GPU's in the others computers are running at twice the speed (in terms of PPD) of the computer in question.  The reporting has been extremely consistent but I am puzzled as to why.  All the computers in that room are running two R9 290X TRIX GPU's and it is only the GPU's that are showing half the speed.  All the computers are using Catalyst 14.4 drivers.

I know many will suspect the GPU's are being bottle necked.  Each machine has a I7 4770K and I'm only using one core to fold and there are only two R9 290X TRIX GPU's in the computer.  CPU utilization is only at 14% and that is consistent across all the computers.  All the other computers are set up the exact same way and don't seem to have an issue.  I've also checked GPU-Z and even though the GPU's are being half as productive as the other GPU's in the other computers they are still showing 100% utilization.

Also I'm using F@H client 7.4.4 on all computers.

Any ideas?

I also have 290x's running on 14.4's. I had to downclock two of them to 947 core, to get them to fold consistantly. At 1000 core, they would fold, but only do about 40,000 PPD, at 947 they do 150,000 PPd a day. I run 4 290x's on one machine with a 4770k. It prob has a bottleneck, but I get more PPD with the four, rather then 3. You might try downclocking them and see if it has any effect.

I had similar issues and have them all downclocked to 940 core now.  That speed is set on all 15 of them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vujk

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 02:11:19 AM

Looks like I'm going to need a little help with one of my computers.  Apparently the GPU's in one of my computers are  producing half the expected PPD.  I had mentioned this a few days ago and was going to rebuild it from scratch which I have done.  Then I slowed down the GPU's to avoid WU that were essentially crashing.  Then I let it run for a couple of days and timed it's work units compared to the computers next to it who's GPU's are running at the same speeds and one particular computer is indeed running at half normal speed and I have no idea why.

The hardware is actually identical to five other computers in that room and the GPU's in the others computers are running at twice the speed (in terms of PPD) of the computer in question.  The reporting has been extremely consistent but I am puzzled as to why.  All the computers in that room are running two R9 290X TRIX GPU's and it is only the GPU's that are showing half the speed.  All the computers are using Catalyst 14.4 drivers.

I know many will suspect the GPU's are being bottle necked.  Each machine has a I7 4770K and I'm only using one core to fold and there are only two R9 290X TRIX GPU's in the computer.  CPU utilization is only at 14% and that is consistent across all the computers.  All the other computers are set up the exact same way and don't seem to have an issue.  I've also checked GPU-Z and even though the GPU's are being half as productive as the other GPU's in the other computers they are still showing 100% utilization.

Any ideas?

I also have 290x's running on 14.4's. I had to downclock two of them to 947 core, to get them to fold consistantly. At 1000 core, they would fold, but only do about 40,000 PPD, at 947 they do 150,000 PPd a day. I run 4 290x's on one machine with a 4770k. It prob has a bottleneck, but I get more PPD with the four, rather then 3. You might try downclocking them and see if it has any effect.

I had similar issues and have them all downclocked to 940 core now.  That speed is set on all 15 of them.

I know it's obvious, but make sure your slider is moved into the full position. It is the only thing I can think of. Also check the work units on the slow computer and make sure they are 0x17 WU's.
ChasingTheDream

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 02:13:21 AM

Any ideas?

I had similar issues and have them all downclocked to 940 core now.  That speed is set on all 15 of them.

I know it's obvious, but make sure your slider is moved into the full position. It is the only thing I can think of.

That was actually the first thing I checked because I thought it had to be it.  Unfortunately, it wasn't.  The slider is in the full position and I even reinstalled the client once when I rebuilt the machine.

Ironically when I rebuilt the machine I also rebuilt the machine next to it from the same image.  I only have the issue on the one machine.  I may have to swap GPU's from another machine tomorrow just to see what happens.  I can see one GPU acting weird but two at the same time just seems odd.

I forgot to respond to the WU type.  They are 0x17.
vujk

Activity: 48

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 02:26:53 AM

Any ideas?

I know it's obvious, but make sure your slider is moved into the full position. It is the only thing I can think of.

That was actually the first thing I checked because I thought it had to be it.  Unfortunately, it wasn't.  The slider is in the full position and I even reinstalled the client once when I rebuilt the machine.

Ironically when I rebuilt the machine I also rebuilt the machine next to it from the same image.  I only have the issue on the one machine.  I may have to swap GPU's from another machine tomorrow just to see what happens.  I can see one GPU acting weird but two at the same time just seems odd.

I forgot to respond to the WU type.  They are 0x17.

I can only think of a few more things that I do, that may or may not help. Make sure crossfire is turned off, disable ULPS in afterburner or in the REG. Check the core clocks, and make sure they are not throttling. Are all your Mobos the same? Check gpuz and see if they are not stuck in pci-e 1 mode. If you are using risers, maybe try swapping them. I am reaching, but i know how frustrating it is to troubleshoot. Cry
cameronpalte

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 03:40:59 AM

Price consistently going up after the investor coins have been released and their has been no massive dump - those who wanted to sell did and everyone else is holding for the long term.

Looking forward to seeing where this coin is going! The true 3.0 currency.

Also guys, remember to vote for the coin on mintpal https://www.mintpal.com/voting

Bitcoin Facuet List - Free http://bitcoinsfaucetslist.blogspot.com/
r3animation

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 04:21:54 AM

I have 6 million points and 2 curecoins

is that correct?

Maybe.  If you put a massive amount of power on folding in the last day or so, it's quite possible that all that got recorded for the daily snapshot was enough points to earn you 2 coins.  You'll make up the difference in the next payout, since it does a delta between "today" and "yesterday" to figure out your daily points.

That's all assuming that you're folding for the right team (224497) with all your rigs/bots, and that the username you used on CryptoBullion matches what you use to fold.

i'm only mining on my PC. it looks like i have earnt 6 million in total

username Mafia

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=657030

Looks like you have earned 136k over the course of a week, ranging from 5k to 50k per day.

Your numbers are really off. How did you come up with a figure of 6 million?
Spyrofix

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 04:27:48 AM

I'll keep an eye on that coin - it seems very interesting.
ChasingTheDream

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 04:40:44 AM

I can only think of a few more things that I do, that may or may not help. Make sure crossfire is turned off, disable ULPS in afterburner or in the REG. Check the core clocks, and make sure they are not throttling. Are all your Mobos the same? Check gpuz and see if they are not stuck in pci-e 1 mode. If you are using risers, maybe try swapping them. I am reaching, but i know how frustrating it is to troubleshoot. Cry

Well after thinking about what Vorksholk said I realized since the GPU's are the same the WU's should be fine even if I move cards in the middle of work so I swapped the cards between two machines.  Ironically, the cards that were running at half speed now run at full speed and the cards that where running at full speed are now running at half speed.  Clearly the issue isn't with the GPU's.

So I suspected it had to be the PCI settings on the motherboard but GPU-Z shows both machines are set to PCI-E 3.  Crossfire is off on those machines, ULPS is disabled and the clock speeds seem to stay at 940 which is where I have them set.  The GPU's are placed directly on the motherboards so there are no risers.

I really have no idea what else it can be at this point.  I'm wondering if I have a bad motherboard.  All the motherboards are the same as well.  Actually every component is identical in the computers.
r3animation

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 04:43:59 AM

Well after thinking about what Vorksholk said I realized since the GPU's are the same the WU's should be fine even if I move cards in the middle of work so I swapped the cards between two machines.  Ironically, the cards that were running at half speed now run at full speed and the cards that where running at full speed are now running at half speed.  Clearly the issue isn't with the GPU's.

So I suspected it had to be the PCI settings on the motherboard but GPU-Z shows both machines are set to PCI-E 3.  Crossfire is off on those machines, ULPS is disabled and the clock speeds seem to stay at 940 which is where I have them set.  The GPU's are placed directly on the motherboards so there are no risers.

I really have no idea what else it can be at this point.  I'm wondering if I have a bad motherboard.  All the motherboards are the same as well.  Actually every component is identical in the computers.

Still sounds like a hardware issue so I'm going with your mobo is busted somewhere.
kqpahv

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 04:50:45 AM

Can you post a log with some complete WU's ? What's your GPU utilization like ?
Cosmetically I have the same thing with some of my rigs - only giving 50% of expected PPD and nothing helps. But the GPU's are working away at ~95% utilization so it seems to be a glitch in the F@H software.
CarlesPuyol
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 05:00:54 AM

sound good and promising coin, what is your next step ?
kqpahv

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 05:09:08 AM

Is Stanford struggling to feed us enough work  Grin ?
I see quite a lot of my cards behind different connections waiting for work to be downloaded over a long period now.
How reliable are Stanfords servers historically anyway ?
r3animation

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 05:17:32 AM

Is Stanford struggling to feed us enough work  Grin ?
I see quite a lot of my cards behind different connections waiting for work to be downloaded over a long period now.
How reliable are Stanfords servers historically anyway ?

Only time I had issues was when they were doing something to their servers.
ChasingTheDream

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 05:38:03 AM
Last edit: May 20, 2014, 05:55:25 AM by ChasingTheDream

Well after thinking about what Vorksholk said I realized since the GPU's are the same the WU's should be fine even if I move cards in the middle of work so I swapped the cards between two machines.  Ironically, the cards that were running at half speed now run at full speed and the cards that where running at full speed are now running at half speed.  Clearly the issue isn't with the GPU's.

So I suspected it had to be the PCI settings on the motherboard but GPU-Z shows both machines are set to PCI-E 3.  Crossfire is off on those machines, ULPS is disabled and the clock speeds seem to stay at 940 which is where I have them set.  The GPU's are placed directly on the motherboards so there are no risers.

I really have no idea what else it can be at this point.  I'm wondering if I have a bad motherboard.  All the motherboards are the same as well.  Actually every component is identical in the computers.

Cosmetically I have the same thing with some of my rigs - only giving 50% of expected PPD and nothing helps. But the GPU's are working away at ~95% utilization so it seems to be a glitch in the F@H software.

I saw your messages about it before as well when I was having the same issue.  I actually rebuilt two computers from the same image at that time.  One runs at "full" speed and the other "half" speed based on the PPD estimates.  This was the case before the rebuild and again after.  The GPU utilization shows 100% in GPU-Z on both machines.  However, the estimated PPD is half on the machine in question.  I don't have logs to show the actual points right now because I've been messing with the machine so much today.  I'll have a log in 12 hours from the machine that appears to be acting odd.

I do hope it is just cosmetic but don't you find that odd?  I mean one machine has a cosmetic glitch even after a wipe and a GPU swap?  That just doesn't sound likely since it is always the same machine.  For me it is one machine out of nine.  Not all 9 of the machines are identical but 6 are exactly identical and a 7th is pretty close.  It is one of the 6 identical machines that shows half expected PPD.

I watched the timing and it seemed to take much longer to do work on that machine but I know that doesn't necessary mean anything because there is so much difference in WU.  I need to see how many points are awarded after it actually submits the work in the log.  I'll do that as soon as I can.  I don't have any awarded points in the logs for that machine at the moment so I can't post them.

kqpahv

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 05:55:42 AM

Well after thinking about what Vorksholk said I realized since the GPU's are the same the WU's should be fine even if I move cards in the middle of work so I swapped the cards between two machines.  Ironically, the cards that were running at half speed now run at full speed and the cards that where running at full speed are now running at half speed.  Clearly the issue isn't with the GPU's.

So I suspected it had to be the PCI settings on the motherboard but GPU-Z shows both machines are set to PCI-E 3.  Crossfire is off on those machines, ULPS is disabled and the clock speeds seem to stay at 940 which is where I have them set.  The GPU's are placed directly on the motherboards so there are no risers.

I really have no idea what else it can be at this point.  I'm wondering if I have a bad motherboard.  All the motherboards are the same as well.  Actually every component is identical in the computers.

I saw your messages about it before as well when I was having the same issue.  I actually rebuilt two computers from the same image at that time.  One runs at "full" speed and the other "half" speed based on the PPD estimates.  This was the case before the rebuild and again after.  The GPU utilization shows 100% in GPU-Z on both machines.  However, the estimated PPD is half on the machine in question.  I don't have logs to show the actual points right now because I've been messing with the machine so much today.  I'll have a log in 12 hours from the machine that appears to be acting odd.

I do hope it is just cosmetic but don't you find that odd?  I mean one machine has a cosmetic glitch even after a wipe and a GPU swap?  That just doesn't sound likely since it is always the same machine.  For me it is one machine out of nine.  Not all 9 of the machines are identical but 6 are exactly identical and a 7th is pretty close.  It is one of the 6 identical machines that shows half expected PPD.

I watched the timing and it seemed to take much longer to do work on that machine but I know that doesn't necessary mean anything because there is so much difference in WU.  I need to see how many points are awarded after it submitted work in the log.  I'll do that as soon as I can.  I don't have any awarded points in the logs for that machine at the moment so I can't post them.

I think it is odd but I have the same thing on 3 rigs out of 18. Also tried everything and nothing helped. Then I checked the log for WU's and it showed 1 WU per card in about 4.5h and ~23 000 points for each of those. This gives me a actual PPD of 122K per card despite the software showing 55K.
ChasingTheDream

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 06:16:53 AM

I watched the timing and it seemed to take much longer to do work on that machine but I know that doesn't necessary mean anything because there is so much difference in WU.  I need to see how many points are awarded after it submitted work in the log.  I'll do that as soon as I can.  I don't have any awarded points in the logs for that machine at the moment so I can't post them.

I think it is odd but I have the same thing on 3 rigs out of 18. Also tried everything and nothing helped. Then I checked the log for WU's and it showed 1 WU per card in about 4.5h and ~23 000 points for each of those. This gives me a actual PPD of 122K per card despite the software showing 55K.

Thanks for the info.  I'll update with log information as soon as I have some.
merc84

Activity: 799

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 06:21:03 AM

Try setting pcie-gen 1 or 2 i have run into trouble with z87 mboards when running pcie-gen auto (defaults to 3) I have a 6 280x gpu rig folding all cards on riser all running 130k ppd... hope that helps
ChasingTheDream

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 08:17:47 AM

I'm voting a minimum of 5 times a day.
ChasingTheDream

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 08:29:42 AM
Last edit: May 20, 2014, 08:59:39 AM by ChasingTheDream

I think you are right on what appears to be a very odd client estimate glitch.  I have no idea why it would always happen on the same machine but here are what the logs show.

Here are the log for one of the GPU's from the computer that is running at "half" the estimated speed.  

08:11:25:WU03:FS02:Upload 6.33%
08:11:31:WU03:FS02:Upload 12.66%
08:11:37:WU03:FS02:Upload 19.00%
08:11:43:WU03:FS02:Upload 25.82%
08:11:49:WU03:FS02:Upload 32.15%
08:11:55:WU03:FS02:Upload 39.46%
08:12:01:WU03:FS02:Upload 45.79%
08:12:07:WU03:FS02:Upload 52.12%
08:12:13:WU03:FS02:Upload 58.45%
08:12:19:WU03:FS02:Upload 64.78%
08:12:25:WU03:FS02:Upload 70.63%
08:12:31:WU03:FS02:Upload 75.50%
08:12:37:WU03:FS02:Upload 80.86%
08:12:43:WU03:FS02:Upload 87.19%
08:12:49:WU03:FS02:Upload 93.04%
08:12:55:WU03:FS02:Upload 99.37%
08:13:06:WU03:FS02:Upload complete
08:13:06:WU03:FS02:Server responded WORK_ACK (400)
08:13:06:WU03:FS02:Final credit estimate, 80873.00 points
08:13:06:WU03:FS02:Cleaning up

Here is a log for one of the GPU's from a machine that is reporting "full" estimated speed.  

07:27:01:WU00:FS02:Upload 5.35%
07:27:07:WU00:FS02:Upload 11.19%
07:27:13:WU00:FS02:Upload 18.00%
07:27:19:WU00:FS02:Upload 23.83%
07:27:25:WU00:FS02:Upload 30.16%
07:27:31:WU00:FS02:Upload 36.48%
07:27:37:WU00:FS02:Upload 41.83%
07:27:43:WU00:FS02:Upload 47.67%
07:27:49:WU00:FS02:Upload 53.51%
07:27:55:WU00:FS02:Upload 60.32%
07:28:01:WU00:FS02:Upload 66.15%
07:28:07:WU00:FS02:Upload 72.48%
07:28:13:WU00:FS02:Upload 78.31%
07:28:19:WU00:FS02:Upload 83.67%
07:28:25:WU00:FS02:Upload 89.50%
07:28:31:WU00:FS02:Upload 94.37%
07:28:46:WU00:FS02:Upload complete
07:28:46:WU00:FS02:Server responded WORK_ACK (400)
07:28:46:WU00:FS02:Final credit estimate, 80997.00 points
07:28:46:WU00:FS02:Cleaning up

Both of these machines were down for roughly the same amount of time as I swapped GPU's between them.  So their payout was slightly lower than usual but still proportional to each other.

Regardless of what the client says it appears that both machines are earning roughly the same points.  I'll watch it close over the next couple of days and see if this remains the same.

Again thanks for the information!  It appears to be a very strange client glitch.  Not sure what is triggering it but it is consistently misrepresenting the PPD even though the actual work appears to be correct.  Maddening but very interesting!
AizenSou

Activity: 938

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 09:19:50 AM

Hi kqpahv,

I have a question for you: just how do you manage your 18 rigs for folding? If I understand right you have all AMD cards and thus you have to use Windows. I can't still image how difficult it was to maintain more than 3 rigs with Windows. Btw could you share what kind of CPU and how many cards do you use for your rigs?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Both of these machines were down for roughly the same amount of time as I swapped GPU's between them.  So their payout was slightly lower than usual but still proportional to each other.

Regardless of what the client says it appears that both machines are earning roughly the same points.  I'll watch it close over the next couple of days and see if this remains the same.

Again thanks for the information!  It appears to be a very strange client glitch.  Not sure what is triggering it but it is consistently misrepresenting the PPD even though the actual work appears to be correct.  Maddening but very interesting!

Yeah, my experiences taught me don't trust the estimated points which the client gives me. The client and the core have been developed for over 14 years and still very buggy because they won't open source it and only a few handful people are working on this very big project.
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 233 »
  Print  

Jump to: