Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 05:40:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 233 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018  (Read 696180 times)
matt608

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 03:51:20 PM

I really like the idea behind this coin, so I have just thrown a few GH/s at it.

Now can someone tell me why I should keep throwing hashing power at it ?  What's your selling point, why should I divert my hashing to this coin ?

Cheers
Mark

- Very early stages of coin, not 'discovered' by the majority (not even on cryptsy yet, still only on a few fairly small exchanges).  Tons of room for growth.
 - Lots of work has gone into developing this coin.
 - Useful for helping with scientific research, which others are likely to give value to as well once they find out about it.
 - Easier to mine + fold for more coins than in the future when the competition increases.
 - Great coin name for branding, bound to make people want to find out more
 - Team Curecoin is zooming up the rankings of folding @ home, which is likely to usher in a wave of press, as well as attracting lots of attention from other folding teams who may then become investors and folders for Curecoin themselves.

"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cameronpalte

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 04:09:05 PM

Subscribe http://www.reddit.com/r/curecoin !  We nee 200 subscribers to be listed in the sidebar of r/cryptocurrency which will help bring new folders and investors.

Subscribed -lets get to 200.

Bitcoin Facuet List - Free http://bitcoinsfaucetslist.blogspot.com/
akk123

Activity: 290

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 04:12:30 PM

Does the pos work? I dont seem to be getting anything as the wallet open more than 3 days.
bardacuda

Activity: 430
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 04:18:51 PM

What am I doing wrong ?

I have: 6 core AMD 3.5 Mhz + 5 x R9 270.
CPU is paused to prevent folding, only GPUs are folding.
For 4 days I have:

1.1 Milion points in folding panel
200K points in pool ( Huh )
24 CUREs in pool.

This is too less, really...

You are not doing anything wrong.

You have been averaging about 180k PPD over the last 4 days and the total pool points have been ~220M PPD over those 4 days.

~180k / ~220M * 7488 = ~6 CURE / day...over 4 days that's ~24 CURE.

Your points from yesterday were much higher than that average though at 316k so you should get:

~316k / ~240M * 7488 = ~10 CURE today.

The future will rely on AI. SingularityNET lets anyone create, monetize, and use AI at scale. From the creators of Sophia the Robot.
bardacuda

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 04:53:58 PM

HI

What to look at when folding:

1: TPF is the time it takes to fold 1%, when you start folding you need to wait until 1% are fold before you get the numbers right for TPF.
2: If you get a work that stalls with 99.99% then you need to put the folding slot for that work in to "On Idle" and then delete the work that fails.
    if you can't delete the work you need to restart the computer, then the code are stuck in the GPU. After restart you delete the work and click again  "On Idle" to restart a new work. Works every time for me.
    you find the works in this folder "your drive":\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\FAHClient\work\"work number".
    this is something that could happen with AMD GPU's. Standford know about this error.
3: If you get a RED GPU that are "Fail" the you need to do the "On Idle" and restart and change BIOS settings PCIe type to gen2.
4: Your GPU's need to have original BIOS, no changes!
5: To setup a stable system you need the same numbers of CPU compared to GPU's, 4 GPU's ea 4 GPU's!!!!!!!!!
6: To make a number of minimal numbers of STAL's you need to change the motherboard PCI'e type to Gen2, change it in the motherboard BIOS.
7: Please use AMD drivers version 14.4 (People say it produces more points) (of coarse if you have AMD cards like 280x).
8: Put the folding power to FULL in the FAHControl software.
9: Check you indentity! It's case sensitive.
        Use the same on the folding pool: www.cryptobullionpools.com
        There are only ONE pool to use when you are folding, ASICS have the usual pools......working side by side, no competititon!
        The homepage stats are lagging, not much usable info on that page except for you latest ranging in payout.
         And your settings about payout adress etc...
         It's not like a ordinary Scrypt pool page.
10: Check that you are folding with team 224497.
11: Power consumtion compared to Scrypt are less then 50% Smiley -> lower noise and heat -> longer lifetime of the GPU!

Smiley Curecoin are COOL and HEALTHY Smiley

I have 24*280x GPU's and they are producing around 3500000 points every day now!
    My stats: http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=656893
    On every computer I have default workers that are made when I install the folding software, 4 GPU's and 1 CPU, no changes!!!!
    I have USB3.0 raiser cables on every GPU.
    My TPF's are 6 to 9 minutes. And they are all ok.
    When I did have 2 CPU's on 4 GPU's I only did have problems, now when I have 4CPU's on 4 GPU's all works fine! Smiley

Ummm...

1: You might have to wait until 2 or 3% completion (according to the log tab, not the status tab) which could take 1/2 hour or more.

2: DO NOT DELETE THE WORK. CHECK THE LOG TO SEE WHAT IS REALLY GOING ON. Most of the time this is from an unstable overclock / display driver crash and the worker actually stopped long before this...at some % lower than 99. I have had this happen and found that trying to pause and restart the work BEFORE fixing your OC and rebooting will cause the WU to become corrupt and get deleted anyway, forcing you to start a new one from scratch (and missing out on even more QRB points). If you want to continue from where it failed, then pause it, fix your OC, reboot the PC, and then try to start it. Hopefully you will get a 'checkpoint found' and go from there. Also, setting to 'on idle' won't do anything if it's not the GPU running your monitor. Better just to actually set to 'Pause' if you want to pause.

3: I know nothing about this situation so can't comment on it.

4: Your GPU does not need to have the original BIOS. Both of my 270s are using a modified BIOS and work fine. Just make sure the new BIOS and/or OC does not cause them to become unstable. Having a modded BIOS COULD cause a problem but it is entirely possible to use one without problems.

5: I suggest having one extra core free as well. In my case with 2 GPUs I need 3 cores free for max performance. However, I did that testing on 13.12 drivers. Seems that might not be the case anymore with 14.4 so I could be totally wrong and you only need 1 per GPU now. I might re-test this again after.

6: Again I don't know so can't comment.

7: Completely agree and can confirm 14.4 drivers are superior. I got an ~25% increase in PPD by going from 13.12 to 14.4

8: Agree...unless it causes your system to freeze up and become unusable, but this shouldn't happen unless you screw with the priority in task manager or something (Or it's trying to use too many CPU cores: See point #5). Even if it does, if you don't need to use your system for normal stuff, and it's just a rig that sits in a corner folding away anyway, then whatever. If it's a computer you also use such as for gaming and what not, you can leave it on full, and check 'on idle' for your CPU, and the GPU which runs your monitor, and it will only fold when you're not using it.

9, 10, 11: Agreed.

This is mandatory points 1,2,3,5,6

See above especially regarding point #2

When you have your updated TPF's you can calculate your PPD on this page:
      http://www.linuxforge.net/bonuscalc2.php

You only get your PPD registered when a work is done and uploaded.
    Yes your PPD's for the works you delete are gone in space!
My experience is that payout is lagging 48h, wait and you get your coins! No problemas!!!
    I have started 3 users and there are newer a problem with the payout.

Stat pages:
    http://curecoin.net/index.php/inside-curecoin/stats
    http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?s=&t=224497
            Search your name here (After 48h+)

Happy folding
//Aboy68

A curecoin for an advice: B7cctm1pBaS7QyuuHtTpU6Fskfo3ZuieNG

Good stuff.

The future will rely on AI. SingularityNET lets anyone create, monetize, and use AI at scale. From the creators of Sophia the Robot.
LasersHurt

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 05:05:13 PM

Does the pos work? I dont seem to be getting anything as the wallet open more than 3 days.

Proof of Stake mintage begins in 30 days. CureCoin Knowledge Base
cameronpalte

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:00:41 PM

Proof of Stake mintage begins in 30 days. CureCoin Knowledge Base

Yup, I'm looking forward to it.

matt608

Activity: 882

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:58:17 PM

Subscribe http://www.reddit.com/r/curecoin !  We nee 200 subscribers to be listed in the sidebar of r/cryptocurrency which will help bring new folders and investors.

Subscribed -lets get to 200.

I reckon we'll be there by the end of next week!
pastet89

Activity: 378
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 07:13:27 PM

What am I doing wrong ?

For 4 days I have:

24 CUREs in pool.

You have been averaging about 180k PPD over the last 4 days and the total pool points have been ~220M PPD over those 4 days.

Your points from yesterday were much higher than that average though at 316k so you should get:

However, why I have 1.1 milions on folder panel and only 200K on pool?

Cryptostats.es
bardacuda

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 07:26:09 PM

What am I doing wrong ?

For 4 days I have:

24 CUREs in pool.

However, why I have 1.1 milions on folder panel and only 200K on pool?

1.1 million is your total. 200k is your daily.

LasersHurt

Activity: 75

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 07:29:13 PM

Just for fun, here's what our web traffic looks like from around the globe.

Good job Bulgaria!
cameronpalte

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 07:59:00 PM

Neat. Lots of traffic for the site! That's great Smiley

cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 08:51:04 PM

biggest issue and working against a high price is that up to 10000 CURE have to be bought each day
and that wont change the next 4 years

instead of halve rewards all 4 years u could reduce them 25% each year

this still will be a hard first year

but better a hard year than hard 4 years

we did a similar change with diamond which had original a 8 years coin rollout plan with 1500 dmd each day

we changed it and rediced main coin rollout phase down to around 1 1/2 years and replace a lot of POW as major coin rollout mechanism with POS

for CURE u shouldnt reduce the folding component but u should rethink the sha256 mining part
and reduce the reward for that a bit and increase pos instead

u dont need big sha256 hashrate to secure network if u have a hybrid POW/POS coin concept

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
stormia

Activity: 868

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:13:41 PM

biggest issue and working against a high price is that up to 10000 CURE have to be bought each day

we did a similar change with diamond which had original a 8 years coin rollout plan with 1500 dmd each day

we changed it and rediced main coin rollout phase down to around 1 1/2 years and replace a lot of POW as major coin rollout mechanism with POS

for CURE u shouldnt reduce the folding component but u should rethink the sha256 mining part

u dont need big sha256 hashrate to secure network if u have a hybrid POW/POS coin concept

PoW network hashrate needs to be kept high enough to prevent a 51% attack against the PoW system, or else you might have a similar problem as occurred with Mintcoin when the BC devs decided to attack it. PoW/PoS hybrids with low PoW reward and therefore low PoW hashrate are not safe.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=551861.20
ivanlabrie

Activity: 812

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:19:59 PM

PPC's method or Yacoin's is the best, as stormia mentioned, full pos or less incentives for PoW mining don't work so well because you depend on every coin holder keeping their wallets open for minting, which never happens massively. Won't happen for now, since the 30 day wait period isn't done.
mistersushi

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:24:37 PM

For some reason today,after uploading the last 2 WUs the F@H client started to act strange so I re-booted a couple times and I now have 4 extra WUs waiting in the queue,never had that before,only the 2 I was working on?

My client has been having problems uploading completed WUs for the past two nights that I've noticed.  Sits with the GPU idling 99% complete , ETA 4 seconds for hours.   It's seriously affecting my pay.  Rebooting does not seem to help.  Is it possible this is a network attack by some greedy, freeloading fawk?

Your problem is overclocked cards,set them back to default speed and retart the client and they will resync with the Stanford server.Then you can start to increase the overclocking slowly until the problem comes back. I find overclocking memory to be useless,myF2H uses very little GPU mem.

My problem is haveing 4 WUs wait in Queue to be folded with only 2 cards.

Just been using factory "OC" button.  Learned early on that I couldn't run my usual OCs.  Client is on another GPU project now and once again seems to be syncing fine.   I'd rather run things cooler and us less power anyway, so I've dialed back the clock speeds and will keep an eye on it
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:28:32 PM

PPC's method or Yacoin's is the best, as stormia mentioned, full pos or less incentives for PoW mining don't work so well because you depend on every coin holder keeping their wallets open for minting, which never happens massively. Won't happen for now, since the 30 day wait period isn't done.

I'd also like to add in that the number of coins being created each day is not nearly as relevant as giving a reason for people to purchase the coins. If the coin was pushing for wide adoption and had money-generating businesses backing it, you could pull in millions a day. Waiting and hoping that investors will pop out of nowhere for a coin that has no true value is ludicrous.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Aboy68

Activity: 96

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 10:18:38 PM
Last edit: May 24, 2014, 05:48:50 AM by Aboy68

If you got a work run in to a stall, a 99.99% progress, then the work are out of sync with your worker.
You need to do:
  1: pause the worker
  2: Start the worker
Now you have resynced/restarted the work!

HOW do you know that?Huh
First there are really small signs of that.
1: You get restart text in the log, not much to get excited about. Patients dear Whats-son.....
2: You can recognize that the PPD are ricing up. point by point.
3: When the work have achieved another % you get that in the log, still you have the 99.99% in the interface.
4: After another long wait you get the updated interface information with the right % value.
   From knowledge base: PPD is calculated as the median of the last 3 frames.
Now you have waited about 15 to ... minutes...depending on your workers speed to finnish 2-4% of work.

There are another way to, that the code are stuck in the GPU, then you don't get explained result,  then the only thing is to restart the computer and do the thing again.

Yes, you do not need to delete your work and loose point, you only need to re-sync your GPU/CPU with the work done and continue finding a cure!!!! Smiley.

Some say that this happends because you have an unstable GPU, try to slow it down a bit and try again.... or change the motherboard PCIe interface to Version 2, you do it in the motherboard BIOS. That slows down the clock edges and makes the computer more stable than Ver 3.

Smiley Happy folding!! Smiley
You never know, you might depend on that simulation result any day!

// Aboy68

Links: http://curecoin.net/index.php/knowledge-base/12-knowledge-base/folding-for-curecoin/32-can-i-calculate-or-verify-my-points-per-day
OmarGsPools

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 05:23:05 AM

http://omargpools.ca/cure
Come join us!

• Hosted in Canada
  • Dedicated Server Located On Site
  • Proportional Payout System
  • 1% Fee
  • Transaction Fees Paid to Miners
  • Single Registration for ALL Pools
  • Donations are greatly appreciated as always

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 06:33:00 AM

http://omargpools.ca/cure
Come join us!

• Hosted in Canada
  • Dedicated Server Located On Site
  • Proportional Payout System
  • 1% Fee
  • Transaction Fees Paid to Miners
  • Single Registration for ALL Pools
  • Donations are greatly appreciated as always

I was looking at your Twitter feed and was a little confused. It says the HIRO payout was 250% greater than if mining it directly. Does that mean your pool is a multipool (that converts to the coin you're "mining" for)?

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 233 »
  Print  

Jump to: