Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:52:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 233 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018  (Read 696200 times)
jeffminer

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 02:56:56 PM

Interesting, this should be mentioned in the OP imo, as there are entire coins out there (Vert) based entirely on being scrypt-ASIC resistant, and here we have a coin where scrypt-ASIC resistance (or should I say immunity) is just one of it's amazing features.

Sorry, but this doesn't need to be mentioned in the OP.
Sorry, but only a retard would think scrypt asics would be useful for folding.

LOL. Telling people scrypt asic resistance is a feature of this coin is like a car salesman telling people their new SUV is asic resistant. It's useless redundant information and just makes the speaker as dumb as the person who would need to ask such a dumbass question.

ASIC resistance will be one of the key features that can make CURE succeed whether its advertised or not, because in the current market there is starting a huge move out of scrypt mining and into other coins - like CURE folding - think of 1,000,000 gpu owners suddenly looking for new coins over the next few months as ASICS crash their mining profits, CURE is one of the options to go to.  Also, folding is bascially ASIC bullet-proof, X11 and Scrypt OG aren't.

So yeh, being asic resistance will play a part of CURE story right now i think

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BlkdOut

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 03:00:50 PM

The point is that ASICs are used for this coin, just not for the folding of it. ASICs can not be used for folding, so it is redundant to say ASIC resistant folding.
bardacuda

Activity: 430
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 03:01:01 PM

the amount of coins paid out needs to be upped. I mean for 5 rigs each approx 300ppd you are getting perhaps 15 coins a day? how can 1 btc donation get you 700 days mining ? crazy.

I suggest amount of cure coins x 10 now and up the coins per day paid out.

Your numbers are way off. I got ~24.7 CURE for one day with 120k PPD. You should be able to get over 250 CURE with 1.5M PPD. With that rate it would take ~40 days to get 10k CURE.

Not sure where you get the 15/day number from, or 700 days.

The future will rely on AI. SingularityNET lets anyone create, monetize, and use AI at scale. From the creators of Sophia the Robot.
cameronpalte

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 03:03:02 PM

And to be clear, the only thing I did not like was that they would not take additional investment. Why not? And just take less Curecoin from the pre-mine instead? Anyhow, we'll see how it pans out. But I am sure I am not the only one feeling the same way.
I would be angry too but Curecoin did not have an IPO as I shall re-iterate, it was a fundraiser.

Fundraiser, pre-sale, IPO, call it what you will. But as long as Curecoin was being exchanged for money/crypto then it's all the same.

What percentage of curecoins were sold and what was the BTC/curecoin ratio ?

2% of curecoins at 1 BTC / 10,000 Cure I believe

Bitcoin Facuet List - Free http://bitcoinsfaucetslist.blogspot.com/
cameronpalte

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 03:07:27 PM

Willing to buy 10k CURE for 1 BTC,

seems fair since that is what early "investors" paid. I asked many times months ago to invest but the "window" was closed. Instead of pre-mine for devs they could have taken BTC instead and allowed more investors. Anyhow, I don't think I will be supporting this project otherwise.

Yea I don't think so. Just buy on an exchange.

Showing dislike for a crypto just because you didn't get into the "window", is shallow given what the project is about.

That is not true at all.

I have much respect for the Curecoin team and think its awesome what they are doing. I have even told many people about it. But from an investment perspective, it does not make sense for me to buy them at anything but 10k/1btc, otherwise I will simply invest in something else that I can get in on from day one. Like Ethereum or eMunie.

You're logic is flawed. The people who invested at 10k/1 BTC did so noticeably earlier with a lot more risk. Now that the investment has turned out well everyone wants the same deal because current exchange rates are 10s of times as high.

When you invest in a new currency, you do so based on the principle of where you think it will go. It makes sense to buy them at the current price because it is a great coin with a lot of potential to go up. Versus the other two coins are much less potential for going up in the longer term even if you do get in on day one. No one is going to sell them to you at 10k/BTC especially at the current difficulty but good luck with your investments.

cameronpalte

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 03:09:06 PM

Hi,
glad to hear the project finally has started, the folding power seems to go through the roof Smiley
I checked in a few threads but i couldn't find information on how (or when) to claim the coins from the early fundraising. Maybe somebody can revive the old thread and cygnusx send some information?
Thanks

They should be emailing you guys and then sending you the coins slowly so that they are not all dumped quickly.

cameronpalte

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 03:12:50 PM

Willing to buy 10k CURE for 1 BTC,

seems fair since that is what early "investors" paid. I asked many times months ago to invest but the "window" was closed. Instead of pre-mine for devs they could have taken BTC instead and allowed more investors. Anyhow, I don't think I will be supporting this project otherwise.

I don't think there is anybody having 10k Cure. Daily it is released around 10k and it is split between many people

Early investors got 10k curecoin for 1btc

to me that's a problem especially when you see how difficult it is to mine

I'm willing to buy 10k Curecoins for 1btc too

Edit: I have been mining/folding for 3 days like crazy I have 100 curecoins... it's clearly an issue for me and probably for many people out there too

Yes it is hard to get - and the people who invested originally got a pretty good payout - but they also accepted the risk. Everyone would be willing to buy at 10k cure/1 btc but no one is going to sell them for that.

bardacuda

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 03:13:41 PM

i don't know if the setup is wrong, am i wasting my time, i am listed on the F@H list but from what i can see nothing is going into coins - and people saying 'just wait its for a good cause' then why isn't there at least a message on the pool telling me this?  why show KH = 0 if it doesn't work like that lol?

to the people insulting everyone who is asking these questions and calling them stupid - try to understand coins are built around incentives - folding is not the incentive to miners, coins are the incentive to miners.  its like that whole incentive structure has been taken out of here and you are disconnected, after 3 days with nothing back right now this feels more like a folding project with a coin strapped on that doesn't work properly, everyone is so excited about the folding team performance what about the coins i am supposed to be spending my $ on lol?HuhHuhHuh

before you accuse me of trolling, this is actually good advice - sort your coins / support side out please, this is what the coin's success relies on.

jeffminer, if you look at your stats on the folding @ home website you should be able to see how many points you've earned. As long as you have earned points on stanford's website, you were folding for team curecoin, and your username matches your cryptobullion username, you will get your coins (eventually). I think you have a legitimate point though, and Cygnus has already said they are making it a priority for faster updated stats and payouts. He could probably resolve all your questions as to your specific amounts of points/coins earned, etc. but he is no doubt EXTREMELY busy right now.

TL;DR: Unfortunately, for now, you do have to wait, but your concerns are valid and are being addressed. In the meantime, check your F@H stats on standford's website to make sure you've been earning points for team curecoin for some peace of mind.

The future will rely on AI. SingularityNET lets anyone create, monetize, and use AI at scale. From the creators of Sophia the Robot.
cameronpalte

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 03:16:36 PM

Am I the only one using cryptobullionpools.com?  I've pressed the "cash out" button to claim my curecoins, but 24hrs later it still hasn't been deposited to my wallet.  When i logged back in this morning the curecoin balance is still in the pool?  Seems like the pool is broken...I contacted the dev of the pool last night and am waiting for a response, but in the meantime, id rather not fold if the pool is not working!!

hi - can i ask how long did it take to show you had coins on cryptobullionpools.com?  I have had '0.0 KH' for 3 days but it did show you coins it just won't payout?  I had no response from support either

Does your name at f@h and the cryptobullion match exactly? Meaning upper and lower case also?

What is your username at F@H?

hi - yes, the f@h and cryptobullion match.  my f@h user is here: http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&teamnum=224497&username=fromaster

the f@h side is showing data, just the pool is eerily silent.

Took 2 and a half days for my coins to show on the pool.  Now I'm just patiently waiting for the payout.

thanks for the info. worse part is not knowing how many coins your making so if its worth it or not, last 3 days no idea - i still waiting on support emails and pm.s no reply from anyone yet and still '0.0 KH' on the pool.

It will always remain 0.0kH because you are folding which is not measure in kH

cameronpalte

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 03:19:23 PM

Hey anyone can explain me the link between Active Clients, WU and points?

Active Client is what is working on a WU which when completed will get you points.

cameronpalte

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 03:21:05 PM

Glad to see the coin launched! Sad I missed the launch day but it is what it is.

My question is that I keep getting a message on all of my CGMiner that says something like "Share rejected due to target". I didn't write it down fast enough and now I have an error message that says "Worker temporarily banned". MY HW shows 0 so I don't think my intensity is too high. I use a bunch of AMD r9 280x's

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'd love to get this project rolling.

You can't mine with GPU.  You have to do folding@home - but its not like normal coin where you can see what you are earning, you have to wait apparently - so far I am waiting 3 days on 8 rigs and all i get is this:

i don't know if the setup is wrong, am i wasting my time, i am listed on the F@H list but from what i can see nothing is going into coins - and people saying 'just wait its for a good cause' then why isn't there at least a message on the pool telling me this?  why show KH = 0 if it doesn't work like that lol?

also not getting any support - i did got one reply saying 'i saw this is fixed now' and nothing since??

to the people insulting everyone who is asking these questions and calling them stupid - try to understand coins are built around incentives - folding is not the incentive to miners, coins are the incentive to miners.  its like that whole incentive structure has been taken out of here and you are disconnected, after 3 days with nothing back right now this feels more like a folding project with a coin strapped on that doesn't work properly, everyone is so excited about the folding team performance what about the coins i am supposed to be spending my $ on lol?HuhHuhHuh

before you accuse me of trolling, this is actually good advice - sort your coins / support side out please, this is what the coin's success relies on.

Ignore KH = 0 it is irrelevant.
Normally it takes 24 hours from the time that FAH shows your points until the pool picks it up. If you don't see 24 hours after FAH shows you having points, try contacting a developer.

I don't think anyone is calling them stupid, I think people are just getting annoyed with impatient people who don't say something logical like you. I understand that the coins are strapped to miners, and we are working on getting the system to update quicker.

Philll90

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 03:23:38 PM

I'm folding with ~110k PPD
But in the teamlist it only shows 50k PPD http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=teampage&teamnum=224497
Why is there so a big difference?
bardacuda

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 03:27:38 PM

I think if folding ASICs were to ever become a reality that would be a great thing and Curecoin will have accomplished it's true purpose....Ridiculous amounts of computational power devoted to folding proteins. GPU folders like myself would be SOL as far as earning new coins, but if they had been hoarding their coins up until that point and the price skyrockets, they are also winners.

a137924685

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

Sports Tournaments on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 03:29:05 PM

Glad to see the coin launched! Sad I missed the launch day but it is what it is.

My question is that I keep getting a message on all of my CGMiner that says something like "Share rejected due to target". I didn't write it down fast enough and now I have an error message that says "Worker temporarily banned". MY HW shows 0 so I don't think my intensity is too high. I use a bunch of AMD r9 280x's

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'd love to get this project rolling.

You can't mine with GPU.  You have to do folding@home - but its not like normal coin where you can see what you are earning, you have to wait apparently - so far I am waiting 3 days on 8 rigs and all i get is this:

also not getting any support - i did got one reply saying 'i saw this is fixed now' and nothing since??

Ignore KH = 0 it is irrelevant.
Normally it takes 24 hours from the time that FAH shows your points until the pool picks it up. If you don't see 24 hours after FAH shows you having points, try contacting a developer.

I don't think anyone is calling them stupid, I think people are just getting annoyed with impatient people who don't say something logical like you. I understand that the coins are strapped to miners, and we are working on getting the system to update quicker.

Sry to bother but I have a noob question.
I have been folding for more than 24hr now.F@H shows my score already but in the pool I still have zero PPD and no CUR.
I checked my username and its exact the same for both F@H and the pool and Im sure in the right team.
Am I missing something?

YAMZU

▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
  ████
▀▀▀▀▀▀
       eSports Tournaments on the Blockchain     
        Platform Already Active  10K Users  300% revenue  Established Swedish company

▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
  ████
▀▀▀▀▀▀
¦Facebook   ¦ANN Thread      ¦Bounty Thread 
¦Twitter         ¦Telegram         ¦Youtube
¦Website       ¦Whitepaper    ¦Platform
bardacuda

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 03:34:52 PM

Sry to bother but I have a noob question.
I have been folding for more than 24hr now.F@H shows my score already but in the pool I still have zero PPD and no CUR.
I checked my username and its exact the same for both F@H and the pool and Im sure in the right team.
Am I missing something?

Only that it can take up to 72 hours between completion of your first WU and getting your first payout.

Updated in OP , on 4 Exchanges now and 1 Game

Exchanges:

https://www.bittrex.com/
https://sharexcoin.com/market/CURE_BTC
https://www.scificryptoexchange.com/#/trade/exchange/41

Games:
http://cryptobetfair.com/

Good morning folders and miners, sorry for my brief absence, I had to sleep for 5 hours after staying up for 48 hours  Cheesy making sure coin launch went as smooth as possible

To clarify to the folders, payouts are do need a lot of time to verify, up to 48 in a lot of cases, depending at the exact time your first work unit is completed it may take up to 72 hours. Most will see a balance ( which then need to be verified) within 24 hours. Due to the high demand, Vorksholk and I will be making some changes to make the stats on the folding pool closer to real time.

Ill be spending the day responding to support requests , so if you are having problems help is on the way  Wink

Thanks to everyone for you participation! as you can see, we are now by far the fastest folding ( F@H ) team on earth! Congrats Team Curecoin
http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_list.php?s=&srt=6   <<<----- Check this out!
http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?s=&t=224497

CygnusXI

matt608

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 03:36:33 PM

Interesting, this should be mentioned in the OP imo, as there are entire coins out there (Vert) based entirely on being scrypt-ASIC resistant, and here we have a coin where scrypt-ASIC resistance (or should I say immunity) is just one of it's amazing features.

Sorry, but this doesn't need to be mentioned in the OP.
Sorry, but only a retard would think scrypt asics would be useful for folding.

LOL. Telling people scrypt asic resistance is a feature of this coin is like a car salesman telling people their new SUV is asic resistant. It's useless redundant information and just makes the speaker as dumb as the person who would need to ask such a dumbass question.

ASIC resistance is a feature.  How much that matters now is debatable, probably not much at all. But the proof-of-work for Curecoin is (mostly) folding and folding has no ASICS being developed for it yet as it's one of a kind, making Curecoin ASIC resistant (apart from the 20% that goes to the SHA256 miners).

And as bardacuda pointed out, if ASICS were developed for folding, that would be great for the advancement of science anyway.

If you'd like to calmly explain how this is not true please explain, otherwise I ask you to refrain from insulting me.
a137924685

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

Sports Tournaments on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 03:38:47 PM

Only that it can take up to 72 hours between completion of your first WU and getting your first payout.

Thanks for the quote.I understand now.
I should have read OP more carefully but its too long. ;)sry about that.

YAMZU

▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
  ████
▀▀▀▀▀▀
       eSports Tournaments on the Blockchain     
        Platform Already Active  10K Users  300% revenue  Established Swedish company

▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
  ████
▀▀▀▀▀▀
¦Facebook   ¦ANN Thread      ¦Bounty Thread 
¦Twitter         ¦Telegram         ¦Youtube
¦Website       ¦Whitepaper    ¦Platform
hardcoreprime

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 03:39:19 PM

To the curecoin team or Cryptobullion.  I still haven't received my coins to my wallet.  See thumbnail below

bardacuda

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 03:43:54 PM

I'm folding with ~110k PPD
But in the teamlist it only shows 50k PPD http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=teampage&teamnum=224497
Why is there so a big difference?

The points shown in the team list are not your PPD (points per day), they are your total points so far. If you've completed 1 work unit worth 50k, but you will be doing that every <12 hours, then the numbers are correct.

BohemianStalker

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 03:45:09 PM

For the record as of 13.5.2014 there is no working exchange for curecoin.

Bittrex listed wrongly (no cure there)
Scifiexchange down (bad code)
and the last one have zero in it.

Are people just keeping it ?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 233 »
  Print  

Jump to: