Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 03:53:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 130 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ORA :: NXT 'monetary system' currency  (Read 181161 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jenea4pda

Activity: 382
Merit: 250

Iota and JINN

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 05:10:42 PM

this is not a FUD... I just think to do any steps in KORA way or not... and a little worried about info which I have to provide...

www.iotatoken.com                      https://twitter.com/iotatoken
Iota is a brand new and novel micro-transaction cryptotoken optimized for the Internet-of-Things (IoT). Unlike the complex and heavy blockchains of Bitcoin and the like, which were designed with other uses in mind, Iota is created to be as lightweight as possible, hence the name "Iota" with emphasis on the ‘IoT’ part.
jztxeno

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 05:14:30 PM

this is not a FUD... I just think to do any steps in KORA way or not... and a little worried about info which I have to provide...

what should he do with your NXT account number you idiot?
jenea4pda

Iota and JINN

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 05:15:42 PM

I have a question:
Over 1 month, kora still not enough 3000 person. Will everyone have to continue to wait?

We don't really have an answer to this question yet. What would you like to happen?
I know that NXT LITE as well known like node, tried to gather 3000 stakeholders and it have now just about 1400(this is after 3 month of opening registration...) and now is trying to clean from sockpuppets...so...3000 for KORA is looking like a miracle...

Iota is a brand new and novel micro-transaction cryptotoken optimized for the Internet-of-Things (IoT). Unlike the complex and heavy blockchains of Bitcoin and the like, which were designed with other uses in mind, Iota is created to be as lightweight as possible, hence the name "Iota" with emphasis on the ‘IoT’ part.
jenea4pda

Iota and JINN

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 05:16:46 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2014, 05:31:31 PM by jenea4pda

with your e-mail and BTT acc and NXT acc... may be you an idiot???

P.S. do not be rude... do you hear anything about BTT acc hacking??? when people are losing their BTT acc?

edit: sorry I forget to say about your ip as well...BTT acc,ip address,e-mail,nxt wallet Grin if you have IT thinking you will(probably) understand me Wink

Mac Red

Activity: 299
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 05:17:12 PM

It is very -very strange IPO on my opinion... i think this is just SCAM and ''devs'' just gathering info (nxt wallet, e-mail and so on) just to futhering bad action(hacking ...)
Thia just my opinion, but ... think a little, guys!
Regards.
P.S.why not a least have stakeholder list???  no any info at all about anything...

lol @ claiming we haven't provided any info about anything.

If you actually had read the topic you'd know why we don't have a public stakeholder list during the registration process. It'd be counterproductive, like opening up every single door to possible sockpuppets. If you don't respect and/or understand this decision there is sadly nothing we can do for you. But thanks for your opinion.
dadingsda
Legendary

Activity: 1310
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 05:20:51 PM

P.S. do not be rude... do you hear anything about BTT acc hacking??? when people are losing their BTT acc?

Make a new nxt account, new email (only for Kora) - done  Roll Eyes

Did i miss something?

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
jenea4pda

Iota and JINN

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 05:25:37 PM

Make a new nxt account, new email (only for Kora) - done  Roll Eyes

Did i miss something?
This is good idea, why not? probably I will do like this. thank you.

jenea4pda

Iota and JINN

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 05:27:16 PM

It is very -very strange IPO on my opinion... i think this is just SCAM and ''devs'' just gathering info (nxt wallet, e-mail and so on) just to futhering bad action(hacking ...)
Thia just my opinion, but ... think a little, guys!
Regards.
P.S.why not a least have stakeholder list???  no any info at all about anything...

lol @ claiming we haven't provided any info about anything.

If you actually had read the topic you'd know why we don't have a public stakeholder list during the registration process. It'd be counterproductive, like opening up every single door to possible sockpuppets. If you don't respect and/or understand this decision there is sadly nothing we can do for you. But thanks for your opinion.
Thank You for your answer, I will think a little and may be enjoy your community,
Best Regards

qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 06:21:27 PM

I want to make a blog post to promote KORA to get more people in do I ask them to join Bitcointalk forum first on the blog post yes? Smiley

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Mac Red

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 07:07:21 PM

I want to make a blog post to promote KORA to get more people in do I ask them to join Bitcointalk forum first on the blog post yes? Smiley

Nice! Yes, that sounds good.
Sinohe88

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 10:43:55 PM

gathering 3000 unique stakeholders is not doable
you guys need to rethink about it
you are just giving them more time to find a way for cheating
according to my research, there are less than 1500 members (in very optimistic view of course) who are active on this forum
and i think there is no way to gathering all of em in kora project
it's just my opinion as a signed up user for kora
Burakius

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 11:21:12 PM

according to my research, there are less than 1500 members (in very optimistic view of course) who are active on this forum

I suggest we wait for another week. We should make a progress graphic to see the growth per week/ per day. This way we can see if the growth in unique members will reach 3000 within considerable time or not. All we need is access to the database of registrations.
bob131313

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 11:59:27 PM

Please post your research, that would be an interesting read.
Mac Red

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 02:16:42 AM
Last edit: June 29, 2014, 10:20:15 AM by Mac Red

Thanks for the well written post.

I can say this to everyone reading.
I no longer think 3000 is doable either. I don't claim it's impossible, just my personal opinion is that it's not very likely to happen. I'm not sure anybody thought it was, but the best way to find something out is to simply try. And that's what I think both me and Kora is doing at the moment. Nobody knows where we'll end up or exactly how it'll look like. But I guess that's the charm as well.

It's a bit funny because I've been hired (and already partly paid) to do this job where I've a) promised to collect 3000 names and b) constructed a highly efficient anti-sockpuppet system. The latter has now begun to look like a major roadblock to achieving a). It feels kinda weird trying to discuss this objectively, about altering my own job requirements. This order has to come directly from Kora. Important to note is the "roadblock" to a) has not popped up because the system's paranoid; the data analysed so far has been pretty much black or white. Either an entry is a sockpuppet or it's not. There's more or less zero room for mistake at this stage (partly why I've told everyone to just relax about a list, you know if you're good or not).

So I got this list in front of me of around 1100 non-sockpuppet entries.

Now, as stated earlier this list has not yet been manually checked. I see this as stage 2 of the filtering process, along with NXT and BTT verification. Surely I expect to catch many suspicious entries where the system has not. There are some connections you cannot fully rely on an automatic system to detect. How many will I find? I dare not even guess. 50? 100? How long will it take to go through? Nobody knows yet. The only thing I know is that I'm not going to wade through anything until registrations have closed = we've reached a set number of non-puppet entries. As everybody knows this is currently set at 3000. This might take at current rate of stage 1 filtering say, 5000 submissions in total to reach.

Going to get some sleep and then I'll export some detailed activity stats to send Kora, so he has more to look at. Some kind of decision will need to be made IMO about reducing the number.

What do you guys think?
flis1986

Activity: 69

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 05:31:40 AM

I have a question:
Over 1 month, kora still not enough 3000 person. Will everyone have to continue to wait?

We don't really have an answer to this question yet. What would you like to happen?

I think that the distributed coins should be divided between the registered users, that will gain much more coins.
Kora (OP)

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:55:11 AM

Thanks for the well written post.

I no longer think 3000 is doable either. I don't claim it's impossible, just my personal opinion is that it's not very likely to happen. I'm not sure anybody thought it was, but the best way to find something out is to simply try. And that's what I think both me and Kora is doing at the moment. Nobody knows where we'll end up or exactly how it'll look like. But I guess that's the charm as well.

It's a bit funny because I've been hired (and already partly paid) to do this job where I've a) promised to collect 3000 names and b) constructed a highly efficient anti-sockpuppet system. The latter has now begun to look like a major roadblock to achieving a). It feels kinda weird trying to discuss this objectively, about altering my own job requirements. This order has to come directly from Kora. Important to note is the "roadblock" to a) has not popped up because the system's paranoid; the data analysed so far has been pretty much black or white. Either an entry is a sockpuppet or it's not. There's more or less zero room for mistake at this stage (partly why I've told everyone to just relax about a list, you know if you're good or not).

So I got this list in front of me of around 1100 non-sockpuppet entries.

Now, as stated earlier this list has not yet been manually checked. I see this as stage 2 of the filtering process, along with NXT and BTT verification. Surely I expect to catch many suspicious entries where the system has not. There are some connections you cannot fully rely on an automatic system to detect. How many will I find? I dare not even guess. 50? 100? How long will it take to go through? Nobody knows yet. The only thing I know is that I'm not going to wade through anything until registrations have closed = we've reached a set number of non-puppet entries. As everybody knows this is currently set at 3000. This might take at current rate of stage 1 filtering say, 5000 submissions in total to reach.

Going to get some sleep and then I'll export some detailed activity stats to send Kora, so he has more to look at. Some kind of decision will need to be made IMO about reducing the number.

What do you guys think?

Great post Mac Red! I very much appreciate your honesty. Kora is an experiment, and I would like to involve all interested parties in the decision  making process. 3000 stakeholders is our goal, but I'm a realist too, and if the consensus opinion is we should close off the registration process with less than 3000 we will. IMO 1000 is the bare minimum number, and as we're over that milestone i'm confident Kora will have enough stakeholders to be viable.

The key for me is do we have enough interested people to start a viable decentralized community? Only time will tell. Many who have registered will dump, or stay inactive. That is inevitable. As long as we have enough people actively engaged with Kora then I will be happy. The advantage of a paid IPO is even with a small number like 73 (NXT) or 137 (Qora) chances are the stakeholders will be reasonably engaged because they paid money for their stake. With Kora our stakes are free, so we should expect a higher rate of people dropping out, or being less active, so to start with we need as high a number of stakeholders as we can.

I really hope the power bounties help attract a number of committed people. That's the key ingredient.

Tompa

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 11:02:48 AM

What do you guys think?

I think the date for the closing of the signup should be set with the enough time so that people cannot talk about premature ending (NXT). And then after closing you start to check the list.
I think 2 weeks (15th of July) or a month (31st of July) should suffice.
winterzauber

Activity: 95

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 03:31:28 PM

confirmation recieved and activated, good luck for project

NXT-BXK9-6SJ2-ET7T-D9R9P
SyRenity

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 03:37:58 PM

Got confirmation page (not email), is this ok?
Sinohe88

Activity: 102

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 04:27:15 PM

Please post your research, that would be an interesting read.
well, it started with the free distribution coins in Alternate cryptocurrencies section (PoS coin wave)
i started to observe the forum from COMMUNITYCOIN distribution
they (dev team) desperately wanted to gathering 1000 unique users for their distribution, but they ended up with only 300-350 stakeholders and i believe more than 1/4 of them was sock puppets (btw, there was an online form from midway of registration to avoiding the cheaters)
i say it because of amount of dumped coins in exchanges
it continued with SHARECOIN distribution
they had the first anti sock puppet method for their distribution from the beginning i think
there was more than 3000 submitted applications on their online form but they ended up to around 1500 stakeholders and guess what?
the exchange pattern appeared again
but this time there was way more dump than commcoin on exchanges, why? because people learned how to cheat the online form (started to making fake account) and i think more than half of the 1500 stakeholders was fake
same happened to SMURFSCOIN (they had exact the same online form as sharecoin)
and also it happened to KRYPTKOIN too
(the above example coins are those that had online application form (as far as i recall) to avoiding the fake accounts)
it happened in very similar situation with all of the free distributed coins (with a google doc list) as well
they could hardly achieved to max 700 users (in 1 case i think) for their distribution and of course most of them was sock puppets
(just in one case there was a user with 40 sock puppet acc)
btw, there are still some users with high rank of forum (in Alternate cryptocurrencies section) who don't want to be involve in free coins distribution
but they are not to many (maybe 200-300 max)

I no longer think 3000 is doable either. I don't claim it's impossible...
i think accepting the sock puppet accounts by mistake is inevitable and it's very good that you don't release the details of the form in public (because they can be sure of their method for cheating and will do it again)
but the more we lose time, more people will learn how to cheat
and do not forget, this is free money and as you know, there are always some people who don't care about fairness

so, my opinion is: set a deadline for submission and close it by then (let's say 5 days)
apply your filtering
release the list (no matter how many stakeholders)
distribute

finally, i want to thank you guys for hearing the community voice
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 130 »
  Print  

Jump to: