Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:55:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 [255] 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 ... 501 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CLAM] CLAMs, Proof-Of-Chain, Proof-Of-Working-Stake, a.k.a. "Clamcoin"  (Read 1150827 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 08:01:11 PM

As smooth said earlier, the best approach to this is to select a block in the future. It is the only fair compromise. Whether it happen 100 or 1000 blocks from now, it will allow investors to secure their positions with the NewCoin or CLAM. Because picking an older block will ONLY be fair to the insiders.

I'm pretty sure I said well in the future. People don't necessarily sign on every day or even every few days. Give them some time to learn about what is going to happen and decide what if any actions they want to take.

Yeah, that would be the fairest solution.
I mean I bought CLAMs for 50 BTC (I didn't even expect someone to dump into my order which was place 40% below the current price).
Then, a few seconds later I learned in the "trollbox" that I was essentially screwed like an idiot, because the block 730000 already has passed.

Luckily I could silently dump those tokens again over the day.

Perhaps you could write Poloniex and get the trade reversed like the Winklevoss exchange did the other day.

They should be aware of what's going on with this monster swings primarly pushed by them... seems like a decent bit of fuckery.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
randayh

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 08:06:50 PM

so basically the clam as we know it has no value as block 730000 already has passed for any conversion?
doothewop

Activity: 332

I like the clowns and the little dogs

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 08:24:13 PM

so basically the clam as we know it has no value as block 730000 already has passed for any conversion?

That's what you glean from these hundreds of pages of posts?  Maybe go back and read again.
nickhiggins123

Activity: 283

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 08:25:31 PM

We want doogcoin!
randayh

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 08:28:07 PM

We want doogcoin!

doogcoin or dogecoin?
cryptoPrecise

Activity: 69
Merit: 100

Cryptocurrencies since 2013 @cryptoPrecise

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 08:28:54 PM

I am pretty sure dooglus will go with a future block as he wants the best for the community and exchanges will soon come up with a statement to clear everything.
Gladimor
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 08:29:58 PM

Realistically, who will invest into NewCoin? The only currency I see of value here is CLAM.

If NewCoin's distribution is gauged pre-block 730,000, the only people that will be interested will be the insiders. Any other investors that had their coins before 730,000 will probably liquidate all of their stock of NewCoin on an exchange, and buy-back into CLAMs. It will be a community divided, with the majority on the side of CLAM.

If NewCoin wants any chance at succeeding, they should gauge distribution at a FUTURE block (eg; block 900,000). This will give enough time for people to decide whether to be a part of the NewCoin community or not, and buy in accordingly. Right now, all I see are a bunch of insiders that probably bought a bunch of coins a month ago and chose a block around that time, and announce it to us now.

If the creator of NewCoin TRULY wishes the best for the community and the success of his coin, he will have to go with a future block.

Mining since 2014
gamblingbad

Activity: 568
Merit: 500

https://bit-exo.com/?ref=gamblingbad

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 08:34:11 PM

Realistically, who will invest into NewCoin? The only currency I see of value here is CLAM.

If NewCoin's distribution is gauged pre-block 730,000, the only people that will be interested will be the insiders. Any other investors that had their coins before 730,000 will probably liquidate all of their stock of NewCoin on an exchange, and buy-back into CLAMs. It will be a community divided, with the majority on the side of CLAM.

If NewCoin wants any chance at succeeding, they should gauge distribution at a FUTURE block (eg; block 900,000). This will give enough time for people to decide whether to be a part of the NewCoin community or not, and buy in accordingly. Right now, all I see are a bunch of insiders that probably bought a bunch of coins a month ago and chose a block around that time, and announce it to us now.

If the creator of NewCoin TRULY wishes the best for the community and the success of his coin, he will have to go with a future block.

You mistake clam value for just dice value.

░▄░   ████   ░▄░
████░░██████░░████
▄▄░░▄██████████████████▄░░▄▄
░██████████████████████████████░
▀████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
▄▄▄█████▌                  ▀█████▄▄▄
▐████████▌                   ▐███████▌
▀███████▌     ███████▄      ▐██████▀
▄███████▌     ███████▀      ▐██████▄
▐█████████▌     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▄█████████▌
▐█████████▌                   ▀████████▌
▀███████▌     ████████▄      ▐█████▀
▄███████▌     ████████▀      ▐█████▄
▐████████▌     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▐██████▌
▀▀▀█████▌                   ▄████▀▀▀
▄████▌                 ▄█████▄
▀▀░░▀██████████████████▀░░▀▀
████░░██████░░████
░▀    ████    ▀░
Bit-Exo

▄████████████████
                ▐█▀
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▐████████████████████████████
▄██▄ █████████████████████████████
▀██▀ ████           █     ▐██   █
 ▐▌  ████  ██████▌  █     ██    █
 ▐▌  ████  ██ ▐██   █    ▐█▌    █
 ▐▌  ████     ██    █    ██     █
 ▐▌  ████    ▐█▌    █   ▐█▌     █
█████████    ██     █           █
▀▀▀▀▀████   ▐█▌     █           █
     ████           █           █
     █████████████████████████████
▄█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████

▄████████▄
          ▄██████████████▄
       ▄▄ ████████████████ ▄▄
      ████████████████████████
     ▐█▌  ▀██████████████▀  ▐█▌
     ▐█▄   ▐████████████▌   ▄█▌
      ▀██▄  ████████████  ▄██▀
        ▀██▄ ██████████ ▄██▀
          ▀██████████████▀
          ▀██▀████████▀██▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ██████       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▐████▌▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
▀▀▀▀███████████ ████ ███████████▀▀▀▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▐████▌▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ▄██████▄
           ▄████████████▄
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄░░░░░░░░▄▄
▄▄████▌░░░░░░▐████▄▄
▄░███████▌░░░░░░▐███████░▄
▄░░░░███████░░░░░░███████░░░░▄
▄░░░░░░██████████████████░░░░░░▄
▐░░░░░░░░████  ██  ██████░░░░░░░░▌
░░░░░░░░░███▀        ▀█████░░░░░░░░
▐▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄  ▐███▄   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▌
█████████████  ▐███▀   █████████████
█████████████         ▀█████████████
█████████████  ▐████▄   ████████████
▐▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▀  ▐████▀   ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▌
░░░░░░░░░███▄         ▄████░░░░░░░░
▀░░░░░░██████████████████░░░░░░▀
▀░░░░███████░░░░░░███████░░░░▀
▀░███████▌░░░░░░▐███████░▀
▀▀████▌░░░░░░▐████▀▀
▀▀░░░░░░░░▀▀

whywetrance

Activity: 181

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 08:42:48 PM

OldMankidd over at Polo just said this in response to "have you checked out the Clamcoin Ann?"

OldManKidd: whywetrance, not really .. the box has been talking about it.. it seems there is a proposal but until the devs contact us about any changes there are none

Twitter@WhyWeTrance
randayh

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 08:49:09 PM

I am pretty sure dooglus will go with a future block as he wants the best for the community and exchanges will soon come up with a statement to clear everything.

So if a future block is decided then there will be hoarding then dumpage of the original clams after the block has passed. But then a buyback of clams after the correction. The ones that would profit are people that are quickest at the trigger or have the best access to information. I would expect both coins would survive, so this would be accentually a 100% dilution of value of the community interest and resources. Tricky one here and very easy for insider gaming.

danonthehill

Activity: 710

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 08:52:36 PM

If the creator of Newcoin TRULY wishes the best for the community and the success of his coin, he will have to go with a future block.

You mistake clam value for just dice value.

No I think he was speaking in more general terms and didn't refer to dice value.

I agree with him that there is no motivation to invest in a new token unless it is fairly launched.

Having bought CLAM after the suggested snapshot block and been told that I should have kept up with the thread feels like a betrayal of sorts i.e. your CLAMS are no longer fungible: your CLAM = 1 CLAM : my CLAM = 1 CLAM + 1 NEWCOIN because I set a new rule and didn't want you to buy more CLAM so that you could have more NEWCOIN, so now you have to buy NEWCOIN from me and your CLAM will be worth less (not worthless) because NEWCOIN is a more advanced version of CLAM which is inherently more stable and secure.  
cryptoPrecise

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 08:52:51 PM

So if a future block is decided then there will be hoarding then dumpage of the original clams after the block has passed. But then a buyback of clams after the correction. The ones that would profit are people that are quickest at the trigger or have the best access to information. I would expect both coins would survive, so this would be accentually a 100% dilution of value of the community interest and resources. Tricky one here and very easy for insider gaming.

As you said access to information, by going with the future block ppl will have the information and enough time to make up their minds.
danonthehill

Activity: 710

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 08:56:04 PM

OldMankidd over at Polo just said this in response to "have you checked out the Clamcoin Ann?"

OldManKidd: whywetrance, not really .. the box has been talking about it.. it seems there is a proposal but until the devs contact us about any changes there are none

Yes, look at todays volume: with little price movement.  Some people are buying. And some people are contributing to the fud, when it's just ideas that are being discussed and no plan has been implemented.
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1017

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 08:58:22 PM

Forgive me if I'm not reading this correctly but if you do a 1 for 1 swap at block 730k the digger would still possibly have 500+k coins as you do not know what he's doing with them once they move to polo or jd.

See a couple of posts up - I wasn't considering a "swap" at all.

I was considering having the initial distribution of the new coin be such that everyone has the same as the amount of already-moved CLAM they had at that block. Coins which hadn't moved since the initial CLAM distribution wouldn't feature in the new coin's blockchain.

And so "the digger" would only have the 38% of his 500k that he moved already, and the next generation of large diggers would have nothing.

The idea being that since some people want digging to stop and others want it left alone, we need a 2nd coin in which digging has stopped.

For those who want digging left as it started, there's CLAM. For people who want it stopped, there's the other coin.

Again, it's just an idea someone brought up. So far I've heard nothing against it other than that "it's a bad idea". But is it? And if so, why so?

I admit using the term swap was poor judgement I do know the people will hold both coins but is it fair to say this is just an idea? you have already taken a snapshot, you had mention a new coin weeks ago in JD chat "cloogs". It seems to me its more than just an idea you seem well prepared to execute. It does not bother me either way as free <X> coins always fit in my business model perfectly but I can't imagine the average investor being thrilled about the idea.

Fits into your business model?  What does?  A price dump?  You must not have invested much into clam....if you're not worried about it hitting the floor!  You'll just end up with two coins worth nothing!  Is 2*0 > 1*0?  Maybe, in some other parallel universe...not here!
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 08:59:30 PM

Yes, look at todays volume: with little price movement.  Some people are buying. And some people are contributing to the fud, when it's just ideas that are being discussed and no plan has been implemented.

Dooglus could have made his Doogcoin post just to manipulate market prices saying CLAM will be worthless.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
chilly2k
Legendary

Activity: 1007

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 09:00:27 PM

As you said access to information, by going with the future block ppl will have the information and enough time to make up their minds.

IF Doog goes ahead with a new coin, I think the block as stated is the most fair.  People will game the system now.  Anyone who bought clams after the block we're not expecting anything other then clams, now that he announced a block, folks are upset because they didn't get included.  

Plus because of the announcement some folks dumped their clams, if you move it they will start to complain.  

Personally I don't fall in either camp.  I just think what he's chosen seems fairest.  

chilly2k
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 09:01:28 PM

Yes, look at todays volume: with little price movement.  Some people are buying. And some people are contributing to the fud, when it's just ideas that are being discussed and no plan has been implemented.

Dooglus could have made his Doogcoin post just to manipulate market prices saying CLAM will be worthless.

Or he could have done it, to force the diggers hand.  I've seen a lot more dig activity lately.  

gamblingbad

Activity: 568

https://bit-exo.com/?ref=gamblingbad

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 09:01:33 PM

I dont think dooglus think same you and have so much greed as you.

░▄░   ████   ░▄░
████░░██████░░████
▄▄░░▄██████████████████▄░░▄▄
▀████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
▄▄▄█████▌                  ▀█████▄▄▄
▐████████▌                   ▐███████▌
▀███████▌     ███████▄      ▐██████▀
▄███████▌     ███████▀      ▐██████▄
▐█████████▌     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▄█████████▌
▐█████████▌                   ▀████████▌
▀███████▌     ████████▄      ▐█████▀
▄███████▌     ████████▀      ▐█████▄
▐████████▌     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▐██████▌
▀▀▀█████▌                   ▄████▀▀▀
▄████▌                 ▄█████▄
▀▀░░▀██████████████████▀░░▀▀
████░░██████░░████
░▀    ████    ▀░
Bit-Exo

▄████████████████
                ▐█▀
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▐████████████████████████████
▄██▄ █████████████████████████████
▀██▀ ████           █     ▐██   █
 ▐▌  ████  ██████▌  █     ██    █
 ▐▌  ████  ██ ▐██   █    ▐█▌    █
 ▐▌  ████     ██    █    ██     █
 ▐▌  ████    ▐█▌    █   ▐█▌     █
█████████    ██     █           █
▀▀▀▀▀████   ▐█▌     █           █
     ████           █           █
     █████████████████████████████
▄█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████

▄████████▄
          ▄██████████████▄
       ▄▄ ████████████████ ▄▄
      ████████████████████████
     ▐█▌  ▀██████████████▀  ▐█▌
     ▐█▄   ▐████████████▌   ▄█▌
      ▀██▄  ████████████  ▄██▀
        ▀██▄ ██████████ ▄██▀
          ▀██████████████▀
          ▀██▀████████▀██▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ██████       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▐████▌▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
▀▀▀▀███████████ ████ ███████████▀▀▀▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▐████▌▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ▄██████▄
           ▄████████████▄
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄░░░░░░░░▄▄
▄▄████▌░░░░░░▐████▄▄
▄░███████▌░░░░░░▐███████░▄
▄░░░░███████░░░░░░███████░░░░▄
▄░░░░░░██████████████████░░░░░░▄
░░░░░░░░░███▀        ▀█████░░░░░░░░
▐▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄  ▐███▄   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▌
█████████████  ▐███▀   █████████████
█████████████         ▀█████████████
█████████████  ▐████▄   ████████████
▐▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▀  ▐████▀   ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▌
░░░░░░░░░███▄         ▄████░░░░░░░░
▀░░░░░░██████████████████░░░░░░▀
▀░░░░███████░░░░░░███████░░░░▀
▀░███████▌░░░░░░▐███████░▀
▀▀████▌░░░░░░▐████▀▀
▀▀░░░░░░░░▀▀

chilly2k
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 09:02:38 PM

I dont think dooglus think same you and have so much greed as you.
  I agree.  I think Doogs just trying to make everybody happy.  Good luck with THAT.... 

cryptoPrecise

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 09:03:44 PM

IF Doog goes ahead with a new coin, I think the block as stated is the most fair.  People will game the system now.  Anyone who bought clams after the block we're not expecting anything other then clams, now that he announced a block, folks are upset because they didn't get included.  

Plus because of the announcement some folks dumped their clams, if you move it they will start to complain.  

Personally I don't fall in either camp.  I just think what he's chosen seems fairest.  

insiders already have gamed the system, that is in no way fair. the only fair solution is the one proposed by smooth. The future block must also be selected in a way to give ppl enough time to decide.
Pages: « 1 ... 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 [255] 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 ... 501 »
  Print  

Jump to: