Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 03:34:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 [256] 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 ... 501 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CLAM] CLAMs, Proof-Of-Chain, Proof-Of-Working-Stake, a.k.a. "Clamcoin"  (Read 1150835 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
danonthehill

Activity: 710
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 09:09:34 PM

so basically the clam as we know it has no value as block 730000 already has passed for any conversion?

I am pretty sure dooglus will go with a future block as he wants the best for the community and exchanges will soon come up with a statement to clear everything.

So if a future block is decided then there will be hoarding then dumpage of the original clams after the block has passed. But then a buyback of clams after the correction. The ones that would profit are people that are quickest at the trigger or have the best access to information. I would expect both coins would survive, so this would be accentually a 100% dilution of value of the community interest and resources. Tricky one here and very easy for insider gaming.

As you said access to information, by going with the future block ppl will have the information and enough time to make up their minds.

IF Doog goes ahead with a new coin, I think the block as stated is the most fair.  People will game the system now.  Anyone who bought clams after the block we're not expecting anything other then clams, now that he announced a block, folks are upset because they didn't get included.  

Plus because of the announcement some folks dumped their clams, if you move it they will start to complain.  

Personally I don't fall in either camp.  I just think what he's chosen seems fairest.  

No. People who bought after the block were "expecting" CLAMS as a primary token not a secondary devalued token.

chilly2k
Legendary

Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 09:13:15 PM

so basically the clam as we know it has no value as block 730000 already has passed for any conversion?

I am pretty sure dooglus will go with a future block as he wants the best for the community and exchanges will soon come up with a statement to clear everything.

So if a future block is decided then there will be hoarding then dumpage of the original clams after the block has passed. But then a buyback of clams after the correction. The ones that would profit are people that are quickest at the trigger or have the best access to information. I would expect both coins would survive, so this would be accentually a 100% dilution of value of the community interest and resources. Tricky one here and very easy for insider gaming.

As you said access to information, by going with the future block ppl will have the information and enough time to make up their minds.

IF Doog goes ahead with a new coin, I think the block as stated is the most fair.  People will game the system now.  Anyone who bought clams after the block we're not expecting anything other then clams, now that he announced a block, folks are upset because they didn't get included.  

Plus because of the announcement some folks dumped their clams, if you move it they will start to complain.  

Personally I don't fall in either camp.  I just think what he's chosen seems fairest.  

insiders already have gamed the system, that is in no way fair. the only fair solution is the one proposed by smooth. The future block must also be selected in a way to give ppl enough time to decide.

Can you explain that?  What insiders and how did they game the system?  Do you mean anyone who bought clams prior to block XYZ?  Or are you saying Doog let some people know which block, so they could by prior to this?  I'm just confused by your statement.   

cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1017

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 09:16:50 PM

So, what's the difference when big banks create new money out of thin air and when clam doubles it's coin volume out of thin air?  Doubling the coin volume will just halve the price or worse....not good!  Clam has turned out to be the worst investment I have made in my entire life!  Too funny...keyboard peckers should not pretend to be economist!  Set it in motion and leave it alone....let the damn market decide....not some keyboard pecking wannabe market manipulators!  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!  Clam is baked!  Just keeps getting worse and there is nothing worth saving in this project anymore!
cryptoPrecise

Activity: 69
Merit: 100

Cryptocurrencies since 2013 @cryptoPrecise

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 09:17:13 PM

insiders already have gamed the system, that is in no way fair. the only fair solution is the one proposed by smooth. The future block must also be selected in a way to give ppl enough time to decide.

Can you explain that?  What insiders and how did they game the system?  Do you mean anyone who bought clams prior to block XYZ?  Or are you saying Doog let some people know which block, so they could by prior to this?  I'm just confused by your statement.   

Think more, you'll get it.
Gladimor
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 09:17:42 PM

By insiders, I presume he means that a closed ring of traders + the NewCoin dev bought a bunch of coins prior to the announced block.

Mining since 2014
cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 09:22:03 PM

No. People who bought after the block were "expecting" CLAMS as a primary token not a secondary devalued token.

I bought clam because I thought the price looked good for the coin volume....If I knew that the coin's volume would be doubled (which is what it amounts to) I would have dumped and would not have provided buy support!  It is just another Clam Scam, plain and simple!
cryptoPrecise

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 09:28:59 PM

I bought clam because I thought the price looked good for the coin volume....If I knew that the coin's volume would be doubled (which is what it amounts to) I would have dumped and would not have provided buy support!  It is just another Clam Scam, plain and simple!

if the future block is selected and you own CLAM until it's passed then your fiat value is preserved. Also the other coin is completely different, it won't dilute CLAM.
cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 09:38:24 PM

I bought clam because I thought the price looked good for the coin volume....If I knew that the coin's volume would be doubled (which is what it amounts to) I would have dumped and would not have provided buy support!  It is just another Clam Scam, plain and simple!

if the future block is selected and you own CLAM until it's passed then your fiat value is preserved.

Yes, "IF SO" then I gain nothing!  If "NOT" then I lose another 50 percent of my investment.  And, that doesn't even take into account all those who will also lose at least half their investments who will dump and leave the project!  What are the benefits from this maneuver?
cryptoPrecise

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 09:41:21 PM

if the future block is selected and you own CLAM until it's passed then your fiat value is preserved.

Yes, "IF SO" then I gain nothing!  If "NOT" then I lose another 50 percent of my investment.  And, that doesn't even take into account all those who will also lose at least half their investments who will dump and leave the project!  What are the benefits from this maneuver?

I am not pro or against this new coin, but if it is going to happen, a future block needs to be selected to protect investors.
danonthehill

Activity: 710
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 09:43:10 PM

If 1:1 swap or burn is technically not possible, or just forking to disable further digging is also not possible, then new token with fair open distribution to all will be necessary to avoid potential fud accussations in the future (however baseless they may be) and encourage and grow a new user base whilst retaining the old.  
cryptoPrecise

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 09:48:02 PM

If 1:1 swap or burn is technically not possible, or just forking to disable further digging is also not possible, then new token with fair open distribution to all will be necessary to avoid potential fud accussations in the future (however baseless they may be) and encourage and grow a new user base whilst retaining the old.  

Then, as smooth proposed, the future block solution is the best way to protect the investors.
cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 09:55:36 PM

It's just a market manipulation....And, no matter what happens now, there will only be a few who have a "stash" cached who could possibly make profit and that will be at the expense of a large part of the community.  It seems that a loophole is being exploited here in the realm "decentralized" cryptographic currency....Not good!  A new type of attack in my mind.
randayh

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 09:57:09 PM

Then, as smooth proposed, the future block solution is the best way to protect the investors.

Haven’t investors already been harmed by this doggery. Or should I say doogery? Has this already allowed manipulation and profit to be gained by insiders? What if there is an announcement that nothing will change. Would someone get an insider advantage to profit from a resulting trade. Either way or outcome, this has already caused long term damage.

cryptoPrecise

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 10:01:00 PM

Haven’t investors already been harmed by this doggery. Or should I say doogery? Has this already allowed manipulation and profit to be gained by insiders? What if there is an announcement that nothing will change. Would someone get an insider advantage to profit from a resulting trade. Either way or outcome, this has already caused long term damage.

unfortunately yes some investors have already suffered, but if the new token is to be released then the future block solution will lessen the damage.
nickhiggins123

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 10:04:56 PM

Why not just gamble your Bitcoins with a lower house edge? I believe the original purpose, or what many investors and gamblers had intended to be the purpose, was that they would not only double their total Clams by investing / gambling, but double the value of the Clams themselves.

With all of this, I just don't see the point anymore... Sad
cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 10:08:15 PM

Yup, I agree!  This coin is extremely unstable and precarious.  There is too much manipulation and it wouldn't be a project that could sustain a long term support base....The manipulation is alienating the community and any future investments in this project would be ridiculous!  One never knows what surprises will occur next!
cryptoPrecise

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 10:14:00 PM

Yup, I agree!  This coin is extremely unstable and precarious.  There is too much manipulation and it wouldn't be a project that could sustain a long term support base....The manipulation is alienating the community and any future investments in this project would be ridiculous!  One never knows what surprises will occur next!

seems like you have sold and left then good luck to you. Here holders are deciding CLAMs future.
cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 10:23:59 PM

seems like you have sold and left then good luck to you. Here holders are deciding CLAMs future.

No...actually....I invested them all into a HYIP doubler ponzi because I think that is my best bet at this point in the game.  They're stuck for awhile but once my investment becomes mature, I WILL be dumping in the hopes that I will at least receive a portion of my original investment back so that I can invest in a real alt project like DASH!
cryptoPrecise

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 10:26:37 PM

No...actually....I invested them all into a HYIP doubler ponzi because I think that is my best bet at this point in the game.  They're stuck for awhile but once my investment becomes mature, I WILL be dumping in the hopes that I will at least receive a portion of my original investment back so that I can invest in a real alt project like DASH!

Then chill and wait for things to get sorted.
Gladimor
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 10:28:08 PM

It's amazing how the words of a single man have divided the community and made the markets bleed.

Mining since 2014
Pages: « 1 ... 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 [256] 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 ... 501 »
  Print  

Jump to: