Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:35:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 [1140] 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483641 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Dungor

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 01:17:01 PM

Ok interesting.
So here's another tech questions:
If nodes are on a mix slow/unreliable internet connections and fast/reliable internet --
1) Will this tech be able to weed out the slow connections and bypass them for a more reliable connection
2) Will this tech somehow compensate for the slow connections?

I think it will take time to get all of this 100% right.

For something this ambitious and revolutionary we should be happy to get a working proof of concept up and running and then slowly improve it over time until it's perfect.

First to serve the content gets paid, so people with slow and unreliable connections can try to take part but probably won't make any money.
Maybe my home connection is slow for someone in the USA but really fast for an European connection.
If first to serve is used the client probably needs to make several connections, to know which endpoints are available there need to be some discovery, to know if the request was served or not needs some sort of bookkeeping,  (a transaction for every request served is just to many to scale I guess) .... all this is anything but easy to implement.

But if Dan and his team can make it my fantasy go overboard with this tech, for instance who pays?  The issuer or uploader of the data? I guess with the current qibuck add there team pays the Xnodes serving. but what if you reverse that? I started dreaming about paying by Download,  sell some ebooks for instance. Downloader pays, XC goes to uploader who pays the xnode for serving his content.

Can't wait for the documentation so i can limit my fantasy a little

US connections are a lot slower than in most of europe. I currently have 127mb down and 12 up in the UK. Some countries within in the EU have nationwide 1Gb up and down for normal pricing.

But ping Smiley

XChat XZFT9YxW9Uhv4R5yoWgUmYhAzqP5qVuZp8
Public Key 288p7Jom8LvQ1UNVgc7H7wzpZoQkqLdtqfR7Ls4Bgo3Mz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
holyprofit

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 01:18:26 PM

Ok interesting.
If nodes are on a mix slow/unreliable internet connections and fast/reliable internet --
1) Will this tech be able to weed out the slow connections and bypass them for a more reliable connection

For something this ambitious and revolutionary we should be happy to get a working proof of concept up and running and then slowly improve it over time until it's perfect.

First to serve the content gets paid, so people with slow and unreliable connections can try to take part but probably won't make any money.
Maybe my home connection is slow for someone in the USA but really fast for an European connection.
If first to serve is used the client probably needs to make several connections, to know which endpoints are available there need to be some discovery, to know if the request was served or not needs some sort of bookkeeping,  (a transaction for every request served is just to many to scale I guess) .... all this is anything but easy to implement.

But if Dan and his team can make it my fantasy go overboard with this tech, for instance who pays?  The issuer or uploader of the data? I guess with the current qibuck add there team pays the Xnodes serving. but what if you reverse that? I started dreaming about paying by Download,  sell some ebooks for instance. Downloader pays, XC goes to uploader who pays the xnode for serving his content.

My dream too - (see earlier post) - it would be an amazing business model - really revolutionary.
Teka (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 01:28:30 PM

Ok interesting.

US connections are a lot slower than in most of europe. I currently have 127mb down and 12 up in the UK. Some countries within in the EU have nationwide 1Gb up and down for normal pricing.

But ping Smiley

I have 7-20 (20 while uploading pictures and streaming content) and most connections I've tested have around the same.
profitofthegods

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 01:46:35 PM

I think in that case you would probably stand a good chance of being the first to serve a request from Europe, but you would have no chance of serving a request from the US, because the geographical distance does still make a difference to how long it takes to serve a request. Not sure the exact numbers, but perhaps you would only need to have a good connection speed for your part of the world.
SushiChef

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 01:49:04 PM

The money that I will be making out of this... ROFLOL.. uuuh I mean... the support that I will give to this network Wink

On wifi with 2 bars filled. With cable can reach 1gb for only 70 euro a month

braxx

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 01:55:03 PM

The money that I will be making out of this... ROFLOL.. uuuh I mean... the support that I will give to this network Wink
(ziggo speedtest image)

cat5e directly to modem on telenet cable in belgium:
Teka (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 01:55:15 PM

Well at least, I can say my wifi speeds are better Wink .
SushiChef

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 01:57:49 PM

Well at least, I can say my wifi speeds are better Wink .

of course this was in noway bragging about the awesome Dutch superiority when it comes to fiber internet.. Really it wasn't
ebite

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 02:13:09 PM

The market cap of XC will exceed BTSX's once all the feature are delivered, I believe.

QBK / QiBuck QPZAQzhwLG25oiP4Z8QWUJ2b9zqfNHnq7L
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 02:19:14 PM

The market cap of XC will exceed BTSX's once all the feature are delivered, I believe.
XCs market cap will be in the billions if not hundreds of billions in the coming years, it's that big.
Mountaingoat

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 02:31:06 PM

Ok interesting.

I only have 2mb down and 0,40mb up and that is on the good days, currently it is way slower.

I live in The Netherlands btw.
Teka (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 02:36:04 PM

Ok interesting.

I only have 2mb down and 0,40mb up and that is on the good days, currently it is way slower.

Hmm interesting, national average is 14
onealfa

Activity: 235

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 02:50:46 PM

OMG, 70 Eur ?

Then I feel  much better with 100/100 mbps up/dwn fiber line for only 8.4 Eur a month

KimmyF

Activity: 978

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 02:51:21 PM

Same here, and fiber is already connected but still waiting for a provider. Have no idea about what kind of latency that will give an incoming connection from the US or how many hops but ....
If this takes of i guess a lot of people will get an vps close to the us backbone
KimmyF

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 03:06:20 PM

Ok interesting.

Wow, time to switch provider or is this enough for you?
Herbix

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 03:14:05 PM

Ok interesting.

But ping Smiley

I have 7-20 (20 while uploading pictures and streaming content) and most connections I've tested have around the same.

I pay 12 usd / month for unlimited LTE Mobile Broadband, 100mb up and 30mb up (mostly around 70-95 up and 17-25mb up) with a ping of 12-17ms.
infinitechaos

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 03:22:37 PM

I pay 12 usd / month for unlimited LTE Mobile Broadband, 100mb up and 30mb up (mostly around 70-95 up and 17-25mb up) with a ping of 12-17ms.

Where can I sign up for this deal?

$12/month for unlimited LTE?!?!

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
   ▄███▀       ▄▄▄       ▀███▄   
  ███▀       ▄██▀██▄       ▀███ 
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
▐██▌          ▀▐█▌▀          ▐██▌
▐██▌          ▄▐█▌▄          ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
  ███▄       ▀██▄██▀       ▄███ 
   ▀███▄       ▀▀▀       ▄███▀   
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

Android app available now
▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 03:23:32 PM

Where can I sign up for this deal?

$12/month for unlimited LTE?!?!

Uh yeah I want in too
sugarboy321

Activity: 361

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 03:31:03 PM

I wonder what the timeframe will be to release this tech to the community after it is done.  Embarrassed
KimmyF

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 03:36:00 PM

http://www.coindesk.com/cloud-storage-startup-storj-raises-910-btc-crowdsale/
Pages: « 1 ... 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 [1140] 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: