Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:55:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 [1379] 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483644 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Mountaingoat

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 03:56:05 PM

Hi iv been a silent supporter of xc and have been staking 761 xc coins since may. I bought in at around 168k, the price has dropped since and remained stagnant at around 135k for sometime now. Xc has arguably one of the best devs in the crypto world behind it so i expected some kind of growth. I'm not disgruntled as I have made other successful investments in coins with 2000% growth. So my question is this, have i made a good investment or should i abandon ship? Any feedback would be appreciated.
snip
Thanks for your feedback, i always thought xc was an innovator in crypto and others followed but i didnt know about the points you've raised. My other investments are ethereum and fibre. I'm not going to bang on about other coins because this is not the place for it but from what i can see fibre has done in 7 weeks what it's taken this long for xc to do. I was going to hold until rev 3 but now I'm having second thoughts

You should check the post history of those who you take advice from. The R.A.V.E.N critical thinking technique can help you understand why his argument though might be valid should not be a major driving point behind your decision.

As with the rest the post above should help.
I thought robinwilliams was banned from the thread.
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
atcsecure

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 03:56:36 PM

Wallet now available

http://downloads.xc-official.com/testing/v2.49/XCurrency_2.49.08.exe

- The Group Chat feature is still "testing", and this is the first "public" test - so I expect to find some bugs

Dan

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 03:58:22 PM

If you referring to me in the second paragraph, i was one of the first few investors in fibre at 5000 sat and got involved because a very good friend of mine ( whom i know outside the internet ) is one of the dev team and the 2000% rise would not be caused by "heard mentality" over a 7 week period?? Also at no point did i say, suggest or infer that fibre was built from the ground up and was the creator of innovations that it has implemented. I'm not fudding just merely looking for advice and suggestions about xc's future

I think that Robinwilliams was being referred to, not you. :-)

Thanks for coming in to enquire about XC. You're very welcome.

Apologies for Mr. Williams. I'm not sure what he hangs around here for, but he's generally less than honest in my opinion.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 03:58:48 PM

Wallet now available

- The Group Chat feature is still "testing", and this is the first "public" test - so I expect to find some bugs

Dan

Fantastic! Who wants to have a group chat?

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Aladin London

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:03:51 PM

Thanks for everyones feedback, good to see this feed is still alive. I have a lot of faith in xc and will continue to support it 😉
cryptico

Activity: 700

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:05:04 PM

meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee and the Goat!

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
cryptico

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:09:34 PM

downloaded how do we launch the group chat??

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 04:12:57 PM

Hi iv been a silent supporter of xc and have been staking 761 xc coins since may. I bought in at around 168k, the price has dropped since and remained stagnant at around 135k for sometime now. Xc has arguably one of the best devs in the crypto world behind it so i expected some kind of growth. I'm not disgruntled as I have made other successful investments in coins with 2000% growth. So my question is this, have i made a good investment or should i abandon ship? Any feedback would be appreciated.

problem is xc is always chasing someone else's ideas.

darkcoin invented x11.  xc named their coin x11coin (http://www.xc-official.com/) & changed later.

darkcoin had the idea of nodes.  xc followed (but turned everyone into nodes)

ethereum started pushing "web 3.0" - xc started talking about it and saying they were going to push it

darkcoin just completely open sourced - xc is working on it.

xc is spinning a company off to raise more money which will dillute coinholding profitability if there ever is any.  (but they are giving coinholders a piece of the action).  also it doesn't look good when the lead dev pumps other shitcoins.  so these are their two original ideas - a for profit company (dan was listed as XC "ceo" for awhile) and "reviewing" other competing coins.

FWIW I think darkcoin is a piece of shitjunk scam (I am currently a little invested in monero and boolberries cuz i like ring sigs but if you look at my post history u can see i was pretty hard on both of them b4 deciding).

anwhoo thats my take on why its going nowhere.  nobody ever listens to me.   Roll Eyes

Thanks for your feedback, i always thought xc was an innovator in crypto and others followed but i didnt know about the points you've raised. My other investments are ethereum and fibre. I'm not going to bang on about other coins because this is not the place for it but from what i can see fibre has done in 7 weeks what it's taken this long for xc to do. I was going to hold until rev 3 but now I'm having second thoughts

I would disagree with Robinwilliams on most of those points:

- It's simply incorrect to say that "Darkcoin had the idea of nodes". Bitcoin has nodes. All P2P networks have nodes. Hah.

- It's also incorrect that XC copied Darkcoin with its nodes. Darkcoin Masternodes are known as "supernodes" in CoinJoin terminology. XC doesn't have supernodes at all, since every single node on its network does the job that DRK masternodes do. So again, it's incorrect that XC copied DRK's "nodes".

- XC Inc. will NOT dilute the money supply, because (a) no more coins (or tokens equivalent to coins) will be created. (b) XC Inc and XC the currency have different fundamentals.  Robinwilliams, you're a clever troll, but you're still a troll to be spreading this misinformation. Do you not read XC's press releases?

Then when it comes to XC's originality:

- It's the first ever fully anonymous coin. (I'm prepared to defend this point further if you like.)

- XC invented trustless mixing. It's a world-first.

- XC is the first-ever implementation of an ad hoc meshnet in crypto (it's XC's "CoinJoin killer" feature).

- XC  is the first ever multipath design in crypto - and this is a crucial feature if the amount sent is to be obfuscated).

- No other project will offer flexible control over privacy. Some (e.g. MNR) claim to offer anonymity, but without being able to disclose certain information, its use-cases will be severely limited. XC is designed for the real world, where you often need to demonstrate that YOU paid, or that a certain amount was paid, or that the receiver did indeed receive payment. These scenarios are impracticable with monolithic "anonymity".

- XC will be the first ever Web 3.0 platform. This has been our vision from the start, and we'll beat Ethereum to it.

So I think there's very little - or zero - reason to consider XC some kind of trend-follower. XC hits world-firsts on a bi-weekly basis, on average.

Enough said.

Speaking of copying, you guys are gonna love this:

Darkcoin core developer Evan Duffield has earlier announced to further propagate the coin’s development by introducing new features like ...Encrypted Multipath Communication Technology

http://www.forexminute.com/bitcoin/darkcoin-releases-darksends-open-source-code-45910

P.S. I don't mean this to be a reason to get annoyed with DRK. They're very welcome to follow XC. It's great news, really. We have every reason to be pleased about this.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
trust.no.one

Activity: 41

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:20:22 PM

I first heard about web 3.0 here, well before I heard about Ethereum which was during their IPO.  I don't know who came up with the idea first, but it doesn't really matter.  It's about who implements it first and implements it well.  XC is in my opinion a long term investment.  The reason I believe you are not seeing large returns goes all the way back to the rumor/lie started by the DRK guys that XC was a clone of another coin, whose name escapes me.  People lost faith in the coin because they are dumb and we are still feeling those effects.  People still see XC and think scam, but the fact that the price recovered and has been very stable speaks volumes.

I think "investors" in crypto are just stupid frankly and very myopic.  A coin may surge in value 2000% in a week, not because of any improvement in the technology, but all because of herd mentality.  Coins become valuable when they are popular.  Nothing more.  But eventually the best technology will win out.  The markets won't be fooled forever. 

Also there is nothing wrong with copying code that works exactly the way you want it too.  It's actually the most efficient way of doing things.  All this built from the ground up talk is just nonsense.  Everyone is using the original blockchain as a starting point at least.

But check the 3day mintpal charts at bitcoinwisdom.com.  https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/mintpal/xcbtc.  It was added shortly after DRK hard forked after one of their updates, and they were getting desperate because XC was flying up fast and then DRK posted on their official twitter this lie about it being a clone scam coin. The coin tanked immediately and there has been a very slow recovery ever since.  But we are making good progress and if they can pull off all of their goals there is no way the coin will not appreciate in value.

Yes they used x11, so did a lot of other coins.  Yes they had a bad name at first.  Inconsequential.  XCurrency is a rather good name IMO.  The fact that people have to go back to these trivialities to try to discredit the coin should give you a good idea that there isn't much bad they can say about it.

As for robinwilliams, he's a trolling douche and I really wish he would just disappear, and the same for all people who go into a coin's thread just to talk shit about it.  If you don't like it fine, don't buy any.  But why go in there and talk shit about it?  Because he cares so deeply about the finances of XC bagholders?  Please.
If you referring to me in the second paragraph, i was one of the first few investors in fibre at 5000 sat and got involved because a very good friend of mine ( whom i know outside the internet ) is one of the dev team and the 2000% rise would not be caused by "heard mentality" over a 7 week period?? Also at no point did i say, suggest or infer that fibre was built from the ground up and was the creator of innovations that it has implemented. I'm not fudding just merely looking for advice and suggestions about xc's future
I'm talking about people that trade coins in general. All coins right now rise because of HERD mentality.  Every single one.  Everyone wants to get in because they want to own some as the value goes up.  Few people actually believe in the technology in any coin.  They are looking to trade back to btc for a profit.  None of the technology has even matured enough to warrant the price swings we see.  Most of these coins are nothing more than speculation vehicles.  Only a few are actually even used to purchase goods and services.
mecc

Activity: 34

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:22:02 PM

downloaded the test release. went to xchat tab. clicked on address book icon. right click on adress, copy public key. Key not found. I made a new address, same error when getting public key. will try on different machine
cryptico

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:24:02 PM

Dan Do you know Marco Rodin's Vortex Math? it seems a guy from microsoft made a patent out of it for future super computers do you know any of this?

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 04:25:30 PM

downloaded the test release. went to xchat tab. clicked on address book icon. right click on adress, copy public key. Key not found. I made a new address, same error when getting public key. will try on different machine

That's not an error. The wallet does not store other people's public keys. It only stores yours.

The only time it'll store another person's public key is if its chat.dat has a conversation with that person in it.

Try asking whoever you're trying to message for their public key again.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
sugarboy321

Activity: 361
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:25:39 PM

How many can join in Group Xchat?
Jocuserious

Activity: 1935
Merit: 290

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 04:25:46 PM

Noob Question - How do I download the update without sending the coins to an exchange, deleting the wallet and then installing?
laredo7mm

Activity: 1498
Merit: 537

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:26:47 PM

That has already been answered for you, remember?  

Sorry to see the price guys ... I feel less bad for selling at my buy in point and paying the .25% exchange fee  Roll Eyes
Weren't you banned from the thread?

You can't ban people from the thread....
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 04:28:28 PM

Noob Question - How do I download the update without sending the coins to an exchange, deleting the wallet and then installing?

Go to C:\users\[your username]\appdata\roaming\xcurrency and copy "wallet.dat" to another folder.

Then install the XC app update.

It should just work, but in the unlikely event that your wallet.dat gets corrupted, you'll be able to replace it with copy you just made.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Mountaingoat

Activity: 714

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 04:30:43 PM

That has already been answered for you, remember?  

Sorry to see the price guys ... I feel less bad for selling at my buy in point and paying the .25% exchange fee  Roll Eyes
Weren't you banned from the thread?

You can't ban people from the thread....
You can ban people from threads if they continue to FUD, report them to a mod and they will get a forum ban.
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 04:30:57 PM

Wallet now available

Dan

Someone add me to a chat. Let's try this thing out.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
CryptoGretzky

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:33:16 PM

Wallet now available

Dan

I added you to a chat with Crytico, did you get my message?

cryptico

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:33:59 PM

Wallet now available

Dan

I already sent you few messages but you are not replying... there is no option either for a group chat

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
Pages: « 1 ... 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 [1379] 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: