Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:26:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 [1505] 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483649 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Come-In-Behind

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 11:03:38 AM

Syn,

the link for Cryptsy leads to: https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/21 (and shows WDC)
this should be: https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/XC_BTC

It's https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/210

210* not 21.
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 11:04:38 AM

Aha. Then probably a typo on my part.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
mxxxxxx
Legendary

Activity: 2310

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 11:06:14 AM
Last edit: October 21, 2014, 11:38:47 AM by mxxxxxx

I must admit, I am trying hard to understand how this all works but I am stumped... Blocknet, ITO's, 10% off sales for coin/share purchases, Web 3.0, XC Inc Shares, Micropayments, XNodes, XChat, XBridge, XMixer .....this is the most confusing coin ever......Good luck marketing this to your every day user.

Edit: And I am concerned by the statements above - it gives the impression of a desperate attempt at a cash grab...."combined market caps of all the coins" come on...

You should guys visit BlockNet thread too, a lot of good info there

I would like to apologise for the inclusion of the "Reasons to buy Blocknet shares" paragraph in the OP.

It was not intended as investment advice, but rather as a cursory summation of fundamentals.

It has now been removed.

Thank you for the update, but it is still unclear why Blocknet shares are needed at all.

Blocknet fees have to be paid in something right?

We're offering the community a chance to earn Blocknet fees by owning shares (tokens).

In return, the Blocknet gets development funding.

i was merely commenting on others points that they brought up while injecting my own point of view that i don't think tokens are needed in order to do currency conversions, which both supernet and blocknet use. Bit/Black halo has already shown that crosschain trading can be done without the need for a token. This is merely my opinion as a person.

You're right, Blocknet tokens are not used for currency conversions.

They're used to allocated fee-revenue to holders.

They're also used to express the value of the Blocknet.

And, lastly, they're used to enable community-ownership of Blocknet assets.

I want to clarify, that although without some sort of tangible proof-of-concept I believe this is purely a vehicle for market manipulation, I also fully support this project and will be following it closely.  Grin

Personally I'd love some proof-of-concept code to be released prior to the ITO.

Part of the XBridge code is actually completed so this might be possible.

Regardless of that, the XBridge protocol is based on the Xnode protocol that XC uses. If anyone is worried about development talent or the ability to deliver, take a look at XC's timeline.

Now pool all the developer talent from all the participating coins.

This code will get nailed down good and proper.

coins like ppc or doge would bring a huge userbase to blocknet which is just as important as the unique and innovative features of the current blocknet coins. so this is not about neither the one or the other , both well known coins and new innovative coins can benefit from taking part in the blocknet.

but blocknet had to start somewhere and its easier to start this with smaller coin teams. when this turns out to run smoothly i think a lot of old school coins will join and they are very welcome. If you are one hosting a service like XC private transaction by holding 1k xc you welcome them with open arms.  Smiley

I think the BlockNet targets tech, not userbase. For real? Doge, gtfo with that shitcoin, it's just a plain stupid copy-paste of litecoin, no tech at all in that one.

You're right. All current participating coins are included for their genuine (and relevant) innovation.

Personally I'm not averse to large user-bases by any means though. :-)

hoertest

Activity: 882

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 11:10:50 AM

i want to buy more XC, what do you think if its good idea to buy now at ~100k , or we will see something like yesterday (69k) Smiley

if they would finally start spending some time selling XC as the privacy leader it is to the normal people 100k is a gift basically.

Thanks for the suggestion.

This is a central part of the next phase of XC, as we move from pure tech development to delivering services that everyday people can use.

Good to hear. the blocknet puts some kind of additional time pressure on this imo. the PR not the products themselfes.
cryptico

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 11:17:09 AM

i want to buy more XC, what do you think if its good idea to buy now at ~100k , or we will see something like yesterday (69k) Smiley

if they would finally start spending some time selling XC as the privacy leader it is to the normal people 100k is a gift basically.

This is a central part of the next phase of XC, as we move from pure tech development to delivering services that everyday people can use.

Good to hear. the blocknet puts some kind of additional time pressure on this imo. the PR not the products themselfes.

Yes basically now your Job is doubled Synechist.

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 11:34:04 AM

Heh. In 8 days' time there'll be funding to employ more people.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
cryptico

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 11:51:46 AM

Can you not get help from the PR guys of the other coins involved in the block-net?

As well you should clarify well how revenue system will work for the shareholders in saying how, when and how much the holders will get paid for each share they own. The dividends I mean.

At this point for most Investors is a jump in the Dark me included even if I see the potential.

I am starting to have the mix feeling that we are doing too many things in a bit of a messy way without grasping our xc foundamentals first. Maybe we should have waited to have a final complete product before jumping into this.

XC product will have given more trust to the blocknet. as for now XC is still in Beta release and many things do not work or are outdated.

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 12:00:29 PM

Can you not get help from the PR guys of the other coins involved in the block-net?

Yes but that could be a more complicated route to take.

As well you should clarify well how revenue system will work for the shareholders in saying how, when and how much the holders will get paid for each share they own. The dividends I mean.

What's clear at the moment is that revenues will depend on usage * fee * number of tx per service / number of shareholders.

What's not clear is what the usage will be.

I am starting to have the mix feeling that we are doing too many things in a bit of a messy way without grasping our xc foundamentals first. Maybe we should have waited to have a final complete product before jumping into this.

XC product will have given more trust to the blocknet. as for now XC is still in Beta release and many things do not work or are outdated.

I do not think it makes any sense to wait longer before creating the Blocknet.

The Blocknet is essential to XC actually being used. It'll increase liquidity, massive increase its user base, and advertise its services like nothing else.

To release Rev 3 without the Blocknet is like deciding to launch a company without a web presence: enormously detrimental.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
KimmyF

Activity: 978
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 12:06:28 PM

At this point for most Investors is a jump in the Dark me included even if I see the potential.

Yes, hope that now blocknet got his own thread we can go back to business, finish anon & xchat and stuff like the new UI, mobile etc

synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 12:07:38 PM

Yes, hope that now blocknet got his own thread we can go back to business, finish anon & xchat and stuff like the new UI, mobile etc

Indeed. Back to business.

This week's focus: getting the new UI done and into your hands.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
hoertest

Activity: 882

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 12:10:20 PM

well there have been coins launched before the blocknet. its not like the internet will vanish. the blocknet will have to grow and prove its reliablity first. its a great advertising vehicle but its not the equivalent to a web presence in 2014 from the get go. thats the vision but not the status quo. xc has to launch in a conventional way. hope you see this. so back to UI it is endeed.  Smiley
sugarboy321

Activity: 361

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 12:14:42 PM

Rome was not built in a day, take a breath and relax. Love the ad mountaingoat.
laredo7mm

Activity: 1498
Merit: 537

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 01:08:23 PM

I would like to remind everybody of the official unofficial mascot 50% of the fund will be donated to the XC development or the PR address:

/Snip

And where does the other 50% go?  In your pocket?  Fuck that, I could save 50% of my XC and just donate to the PR fund directly.

This "official unofficial mascot" shit needs to stop.  I understand some people find it humorous, but it makes the thread look juvenile.

atcsecure

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 01:17:33 PM

Good morning all, just wanted to provide an update on the testing xchat from last week, the stable wallet is available at http://downloads.xc-official.com/release/windows/XCurrency_2.49.08.exe

Also I'm looking to do a closed beta test of the mobile wallet, if your interested [android based only] please PM me and I will add you to the list

Thanks

Dan

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
mig5000

Activity: 324

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 01:17:37 PM

I would like to remind everybody of the official unofficial mascot 50% of the fund will be donated to the XC development or the PR address:

/Snip

And where does the other 50% go?  In your pocket?  Fuck that, I could save 50% of my XC and just donate to the PR fund directly.

This "official unofficial mascot" shit needs to stop.  I understand some people find it humorous, but it makes the thread look juvenile.

If you want to play with mascots, /r/dogecoin is ---> this way.

In all seriousness.

I don't mind the way XC is taking as I think crypto is still just a concept and w/o any practical use case you are not ever going to see the colour of your money again.

There is about only one market that wouldn't need infrastructure to profit from the demand of the currency and it's the black market which is obviously big but in a way already taken by coins like BTC still and DRK maybe ?

I'd rather see XC focus on the pie that is bigger which is mass adoption of services like decentralized DNS, Mass storage, chat, facebook of some sorts, etc. Sure it sucks to not be listed on bitfinex so that crooks can buy XC more easily for their day to day business but I'd rather invest in a legit alt than one that is focusing 100% on anon just to service the blackmarket.

is there anybody thinking that any coin having the word Dark in their name is ever going to be taken seriously by any real world investors ?
atcsecure

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 01:21:04 PM

XC's development progress won't change or be impacted due to blocknet as it has its own development track and resource pool.

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
cryptico

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 01:23:04 PM

Good morning all, just wanted to provide an update on the testing xchat from last week, the stable wallet is available at http://downloads.xc-official.com/release/windows/XCurrency_2.49.08.exe

Also I'm looking to do a closed beta test of the mobile wallet, if your interested [android based only] please PM me and I will add you to the list

Thanks

Dan

OFF COURSE IM IN!!!!!!

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 02:10:00 PM

Thanks

Dan

OFF COURSE IM IN!!!!!!

Ah man. Don't tempt me to get that OnePlus One!

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
G-Bert

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 02:12:10 PM

Thanks

Dan

OFF COURSE IM IN!!!!!!

haha! you know this. PM sent! Smiley

XChat XJkVnYD4N4oSjNStgbAUD6UyWuBTWuMRgv
public key  fuYPYmK4Sj57PkU2NKg1gKW91euMKkstQPeeexUcxnb8
KimmyF

Activity: 978

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 02:22:47 PM

PM send.
Is there any way to coordinate the test, just a simple checklist will do. Same for the current wallet?
Pages: « 1 ... 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 [1505] 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: