Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:44:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 [300] 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AEON: Scalable, private, mobile-friendly cryptocurrency  (Read 625090 times)
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 11, 2020, 02:53:57 AM

@bigslimvdub. It might not be a random pump. The whale is buying up to now and supporting the price hehe.

In any case, do we have a hardfork about to occur? Also, where can we find some data on Aeon's hashrate?

There is no hardfork planned at this time.

Explorers are listed on the web site and will show estimated hash rate, but of course that is always an imperfect estimate.
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bigslimvdub

Activity: 346
Merit: 23

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2020, 06:34:50 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2020, 06:51:09 PM by bigslimvdub

@bigslimvdub. It might not be a random pump. The whale is buying up to now and supporting the price hehe.

In any case, do we have a hardfork about to occur? Also, where can we find some data on Aeon's hashrate?

Explorers are listed on the web site and will show an estimated hash rate, but of course, that is always an imperfect estimate.

This guy's site is typically very accurate for current hash rates. (https://miningpoolstats.stream/aeon) It gathers off API from all known public mining pools for Aeon (and other coins). Judging by the hash rate we saw on Monday come online it appears it could have been ASIC testing since it all came at one time on one pool known for heavy Asic mining support. The current hash rate of the highest output public FPGA is about 82Gh. That would only mean someone with 20 of these could have switched to Zergpool from another FPGA coin and then dropped off after Aeon dumped back to $.14. It appears they did not come back whatever it was.

It's silly how we had 142Gh for 2 days after that miner dropped.
@smooth - Any thoughts on adding some sort of diff bomb handling so that the network does not come to a grinding halt when someone wants to spam the network like this? I do not think even Monero has this but it would definitely be an attack vector if Monero switched to FPGA friendly algo too.

EDIT: forgot link to website
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1442

View Profile
April 12, 2020, 06:47:26 AM

@smooth. Someone mentioned this on the aeon subreddit.

original emission curve was scrapped and restarted, and aeon is now at the end of total coins to be emitted.... forever....

Scrapped and restarted? I do not know anything about this. Can you give an explaination on what occured?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Aeon/comments/f8fiml/what_is_the_future_of_aeonfunding/

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2020, 08:08:45 AM

@smooth. Someone mentioned this on the aeon subreddit.

original emission curve was scrapped and restarted, and aeon is now at the end of total coins to be emitted.... forever....

Scrapped and restarted? I do not know anything about this. Can you give an explaination on what occured?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Aeon/comments/f8fiml/what_is_the_future_of_aeonfunding/

The emission curve was never changed, and nothing was scrapped and restarted.

I think what that might be referring to was there was some discussion of a future perpetual inflation of about 1% instead of the fixed tail reward, but there was never clear consensus on it and the tail reward hasn't even been reached yet anyway. Right now we are still on the original (unchanged) smooth declining curve. Monero launched first and will reach the tail reward first, and that hasn't happened either.

It is the nature of crypto that people sometimes have strong opinions and go overboard with strong language when there is something they don't like. Or maybe are just confused, I don't know.

It also isn't at the "end of total coins to be emitted". There will be a tail reward and coins emitted forever.
estenity

Activity: 1918
Merit: 535

View Profile
April 12, 2020, 08:28:13 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2020, 11:20:12 PM by estenity

Explorers are listed on the web site and will show estimated hash rate, but of course that is always an imperfect estimate.

Aeon victim of an attack ?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Aeon/comments/fwffv6/puemp_eet/
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2020, 12:41:51 AM

Difficulty going up when people start mining isn't really an attack but it can still be annoying when it takes a long time to come back down. Anyway, it did come back down, and everything is working fine now. I have some ideas how to improve this so maybe in a future update it can be.
bct-aeon

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2020, 08:06:21 AM

Difficulty going up when people start mining isn't really an attack but it can still be annoying when it takes a long time to come back down. Anyway, it did come back down, and everything is working fine now. I have some ideas how to improve this so maybe in a future update it can be.

Glad to hear.
MostlyGhostly

Activity: 396
Merit: 109

View Profile
April 13, 2020, 04:18:44 PM

The pool upon which Big hashrate was brought was a specially chosen pool operated by a guy in cahoots with the owner of Big hashrate. In simpler words, all was RIGGED. Hashrate was dropped on one single pool to captivate noobs. They saw big hash enter the mining fiefdom and thought they would hook up their miners too to that pool. More and more miners joined a magical pool as a competition with that huge hash power. Time passed, hashpower vaporized and pool locked miners profit they farmed with their real hashrate. Very simple idea but effective and reliable.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2020, 03:11:46 AM

What is wrong with poorly_timed_legolas? I remembered that he was a very loyal and passionate Aeon holder before. He did not approve of our new roadmap on Asics?

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
bigslimvdub

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2020, 05:44:56 PM

Yes please elaborate since it’s been a known issue for at least 3 years now.
bigslimvdub

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2020, 05:53:56 PM

What is wrong with poorly_timed_legolas? I remembered that he was a very loyal and passionate Aeon holder before. He did not approve of our new roadmap on Asics?

He was very against asic support since it’s proven to be centralized. With sha3 it lowers the bar for asic development requirements so in actuality it could “potentially” be decentralized.

To truly be decentralized with ASICS though, you need many manufacturers building ASICS for that algo. Even if sha3 is very easy to develop, it does not mean it’s monetarily positive to do so and could lead to, again, centralized ASICS running a network.

What I’ve noticed with fpga on Aeon is:
1- they don’t gaf about the coin or network they just want their monies
2- they will mine on the pool with the best support for mining to maximize gains
3- if you’re nice to farm operators and pool ops supporting them, they tend to do the same to you
4- unlike ASICS, if there are no other coins with your algo, diff bombs will happen when profit switching changes the algo of their farm. ASICS are pretty much stuck on whatever they are for. Code changes could alleviate this but it makes no sense if you plan to use #5
5- ASICS on k12 would be better than fpga due to #4 but cost may be a factor for “hobby miners” where a manufacturer would need to make tiered devices to allow everyone to participate.

bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2020, 12:34:32 AM

@bigslimvdub. However, no.5 might be Aeon's only chance for longterm survival similar to what occured on bitcoin. Also, without the mining industry that supports a cryptocoin, I reckon mass adoption would be impossible. There has to be assurance on longterm security.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
bigslimvdub

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2020, 05:22:12 AM

@bigslimvdub. However, no.5 might be Aeon's only chance for longterm survival similar to what occured on bitcoin. Also, without the mining industry that supports a cryptocoin, I reckon mass adoption would be impossible. There has to be assurance on longterm security.

I do really enjoy this $200 fpga. It uses little electricity (45w), it’s silent in the corner of my office, it incredibly stable so I can set and forget for a month, there is no maintenance, it can run 15 algos bits are written for, and it paid for itself in 6 months on k12. After using this I really look back at the blunders of running multiple gpu rigs and cpu mining that now make absolutely no sense why they are used to mine crypto. I would be content with a asic like device as well. Something with maybe 4-8 chips with low heat and low power consumption running k12 24/7.

It’s affordable things like this that make people want to be a part of the network.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2020, 05:02:55 PM

We don't get to choose whether people mine with FPGAs or ASICs. The coin price and characteristics inherent in the technology determine it.
bigslimvdub

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2020, 09:33:45 PM

We don't get to choose whether people mine with FPGAs or ASICs. The coin price and characteristics inherent in the technology and mining hardware determine it.

I think people mine with whatever is available and makes sense to them.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2020, 09:43:05 PM

We don't get to choose whether people mine with FPGAs or ASICs. The coin price and characteristics inherent in the technology and mining hardware determine it.

I think people mine with whatever is available and makes sense to them.

Yes, we're saying the same thing.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2020, 03:13:26 AM

@smooth. Zergpool has more than 51% of the hashrate. Consider that and this more than 3x pump, the skeptical me is suspecting that we might be under attack. Is this possible? Should we tell Bittrex and Tradeogre to stop deposits?

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
bigslimvdub

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2020, 06:02:10 PM

@smooth. Zergpool has more than 51% of the hashrate. Consider that and this more than 3x pump, the skeptical me is suspecting that we might be under attack. Is this possible? Should we tell Bittrex and Tradeogre to stop deposits?

80%+ has been on one pool with aeon for 2 years, the ASICS were one owner but then they split the hash 3 ways but same idea. It’s nothing odd going on here. Check on your daemon with alt_chain_info and see if there are any long chains. Typically there is one or two with 1-2 blocks. No big deal.

@smooth, I’m still interested in your concept ideas for diff adjustment post hash rate drop off.
vitalis48pm

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2020, 03:15:46 PM

Hey. How can I view the balance and transactions of AEON wallet at its address. Bitcoin balance can be viewed at https://www.blockchain.com/explorer?view=btc_blocks. What about the AEON wallet balance? I found a wallet archive for 2017. I want to see the balance and whether it makes sense to restore the wallet. Thanks.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2020, 05:35:57 PM

Hey. How can I view the balance and transactions of AEON wallet at its address. Bitcoin balance can be viewed at https://www.blockchain.com/explorer?view=btc_blocks. What about the AEON wallet balance? I found a wallet archive for 2017. I want to see the balance and whether it makes sense to restore the wallet. Thanks.

You need to download the software and open the wallet. There is no way to see a balance in a public explorer.
Pages: « 1 ... 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 [300] 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 »
  Print  

Jump to: