Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:13:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 [899] 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984166 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
punkrock

Activity: 808
Merit: 1011

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 12:26:44 AM

I made a short video-tutorial about delegated harvesting:

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nickelback65

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 01:27:25 AM

Nice presentation.  Simple and easy to understand.

Is there audio with this video-tutorial?
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2015, 06:15:17 AM

Nice presentation.  Simple and easy to understand.

Is there audio with this video-tutorial?

It is really great. Good job Punkrock!

Right now there is no audio, but the captions inside explain everything.  We might get Shawn to do a voice over if he is interested.  He has a good voice for these things.  All he would be doing is reading the captions and maybe adding a little bit of extra commentary where he wants.  Not sure if he would be up for it, but it would make it really nice.

clipman77
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 06:17:25 AM

Thank tutorial interesting and instructive for me.
patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 06:20:24 AM

WTF are you taking about? you dont make any sense

So how much was the NXT reward for running a node then?   Roll Eyes

They had some incentive program running. I think emonyru was managing it. So what?

I am talking about supposed security issues in nem.
They are claiming too many nodes by one individual is a problem. If it is, determine why, and fix it.

It has not been an issue with nxt.

Satoshi warned us about these trusted 3rd party schemes like masternodes

Obviously it would be an issue for both NEM and NXT having large part of the network in the hands of an individual. NEM is more immune to this issue because of eigentrust++

I don't think eigentrust++ makes NEM more immune to that at all. Based on what are you assuming this ?

patmast3r

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 06:30:12 AM

about reward program :

https://forum.ournem.com/general-discussion/nem-node-reward-discussion/msg17568/#msg17568

"what the guy above said makes a lot of sense. Put all the people running nice performing nodes since the beginning out of free good will in the program.

For the rest and newcomers, anything above the size of an original stake makes no sense (2.25M), just put 2M cause round number is better and be done with it.

Time to move on, this thing is taking too much time  Smiley"

They don't give a flip.

When I brought up the issue Makoto said publicly that who cares if they lose current members, they will get hundreds more and new nodes with their plan.

Why is it an issue how many nodes someone is running. Why is that a problem? More nodes protect the network.

NXT has pools of nodes run by individuals since the beginning. They have been running ever since the DDOS attacks in 2013.

If that is somehow a security issue then there is a big problem with the nem code and it should be fixed.

Not do some half assed solution where no one will be happy and productive members of the community are ostracized.

It looks like the masternode plan is a scheme. That is all. It is the latest fad among scam coins.

First off - you ostracized yourself. I mean I only really witnessed the fallout but you went full retard deleting tutorials and what not just because you were butthurt. You have a right to be angry but why be such a dick about it ? I even aggree with your points but the way you reacted can only be described as a tantrum.

anyway...

Someone running many nodes is a problem when people start to rely on nodes from the same person. If that one person goes rogue and has his nodes feeding the mobile app or remote NCCs bullshit then those users are in for suprises especially if they're harvesting on those nodes. That's not a problem in the code that's a problem of human behaviour.

NXT would have the same problem if they had the functionality to use remote servers. They probably do have the same problem with leased forging.

Masternodes are not necessarily scams but why would you even try to understand anything if you can just as well rage right ? Not so jaded afterall ?

jnada

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 12:01:00 PM

Hi to all,
Just started delegating harvesting and about 30 mins later (50 confirmations) I noticed message that activation period has expired. Should I worrying about that or is normal and wait 6 hours for full confirmation?

NEM                                        NEM                                          NEM                            launch on 22nd November 2014 !                                          TAQDPC-BT35MC-YAWTKQ-OFEZOS-CMBKHM-F5Q3L6-YEYL
BloodyRookie

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 01:36:53 PM

Hi to all,
Just started delegating harvesting and about 30 mins later (50 confirmations) I noticed message that activation period has expired. Should I worrying about that or is normal and wait 6 hours for full confirmation?

What do you mean with "activation period has expired"?

Nothing Else Matters
NEM: NALICE-LGU3IV-Y4DPJK-HYLSSV-YFFWYS-5QPLYE-ZDJJ
NXT: 11095639652683007953
jnada

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 01:58:13 PM

Hi to all,

I mean pop-out message "activation period has expired" appeared for few seconds in orange message box in NEM client.

NEM                                        NEM                                          NEM                            launch on 22nd November 2014 !                                          TAQDPC-BT35MC-YAWTKQ-OFEZOS-CMBKHM-F5Q3L6-YEYL
meyns

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 03:04:41 PM

http://fs1.directupload.net/images/150609/izkgcldi.png

Nice work, very good tutorial.

One typo I noticed: on 2:38
"I will show you know how ..."
should be: "I will show you now how ..."
valkir
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 03:22:28 PM

why is there a message on bittrex address??

██     Please support sidehack with his new miner project Send to :

1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
BloodyRookie

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 05:53:57 PM

Hi to all,

I mean pop-out message "activation period has expired" appeared for few seconds in orange message box in NEM client.

would setting the transaction deadline to less than 6 hours cause this?

No, the transaction only needs to be included into the blockchain before deadline.
And i don't know of any "activation period has expired" text in the project, I guess it is slightly different.

Nothing Else Matters
NEM: NALICE-LGU3IV-Y4DPJK-HYLSSV-YFFWYS-5QPLYE-ZDJJ
NXT: 11095639652683007953
rigel
Legendary

Activity: 1240

Thank God I'm an atheist

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 08:51:41 PM

They had some incentive program running. I think emonyru was managing it. So what?

They are claiming too many nodes by one individual is a problem. If it is, determine why, and fix it.

Obviously it would be an issue for both NEM and NXT having large part of the network in the hands of an individual. NEM is more immune to this issue because of eigentrust++

I don't think eigentrust++ makes NEM more immune to that at all. Based on what are you assuming this ?

I read eigentrust is ment to protect the network from multiple nodes attacking it.

Perhaps devs will find a way to publish an average trustness so that a thin client can select the right nodes to connect to.
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 11:23:55 PM

Why

Nem price is going so down???.
jnada

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 12:48:11 AM

Hi to all,

would setting the transaction deadline to less than 6 hours cause this?

No, the transaction only needs to be included into the blockchain before deadline.
And i don't know of any "activation period has expired" text in the project, I guess it is slightly different.

I swear, I saw this message poping out for few seconds, however after 6-7 hours there is a change and @delegated harvesting is active@ appeared. the only problem is when Iclicking on "start delegating harvesting" appears anotrher message
"Oops!

ERROR 699

Maximum number of harvesters allowed on server has been reached."

So what doest it mean ?

TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 01:03:02 AM

Why

Withering away of NEM capitalization is the destruction of money.  It is indicative that we will soon enter a communist society free of money.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2015, 04:05:40 AM

I read eigentrust is ment to protect the network from multiple nodes attacking it.

Perhaps devs will find a way to publish an average trustness so that a thin client can select the right nodes to connect to.

Eigentrust++ values are local only to each node and its peers, so I don't see how that would work.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2015, 04:14:53 AM

Patmast3r,
I've tried to contact you and Makoto via PM for the last 2 (edited) 3 months... regarding  my account marked as sockpuppet.
Honestly, in the meantime I really lost any interest in the project, since i've seen that nobody really care about issues like the one I have.
Now, after a long while, I'm back to the forum (curiosity), and I see one of your post as last post. Then I thought "why not?"
I'm back here just to see if it's possible to know WHY you guys acted in this way ?
I've been polite in any of my messages. And you can see I didn't inundate you with PMs... well, Not even a reply. Nothing.
This is the last reply from Makoto:

Re: Sockpuppets List Explanation required
« Sent to: dannac on: April 01, 2015, 01:58:22 PM »
« You have forwarded or responded to this message. »
Reply with quoteQuote  ReplyReply  Remove this messageDelete  
Thanks for contacting me.

Pat and I will look at your data and get back to you.

More then 2 MONTHS AGO !!!
At this point, i think at least an explanation is what i deserve, since i spent my time to get people involved in this project, and as "thank you", I found my account and my friend's accounts marked as Sockspuppet.
Lets see if this time someone will spend 5 sec of his life to reply.
Thanks (in case this time someone will be so kind to reply)

I'll handle this stuff in the next week or so. I am about 90 PMs behind, so I need some time to get through everything. I'll probably be fairly lenient in returning stakes because of all the time that has taken.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
patmast3r

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 06:10:54 AM

Eigentrust++ values are local only to each node and its peers, so I don't see how that would work.

Not to mention there is no way to identify nodes belonging to the same person.

lordoliver
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020

expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 07:24:32 AM

Why

Why

people are not patient???.
Pages: « 1 ... 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 [899] 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: