Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 04:33:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 [900] 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984192 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 07:55:54 AM

Why

Nem price is going so down???.

Why

people are not patient???.
cuz crypto...who cares.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BloodyRookie

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 08:51:17 AM

I swear, I saw this message poping out for few seconds, however after 6-7 hours there is a change and @delegated harvesting is active@ appeared. the only problem is when Iclicking on "start delegating harvesting" appears anotrher message
"Oops!

ERROR 699

Maximum number of harvesters allowed on server has been reached."

So what doest it mean ?

Just restart NIS and then click on "start delegated harvesting" again.

Nothing Else Matters
NEM: NALICE-LGU3IV-Y4DPJK-HYLSSV-YFFWYS-5QPLYE-ZDJJ
NXT: 11095639652683007953
cryptofutureis

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 09:37:50 AM

Why

I think after mobile client public announcement price will be 90 or even 100 satoshi per XEM (be realistic). XEM is 5 times better then NXT. But even I thought about bulk XEM trading (deal was unsuccessful ). It's hard to stay straight and waiting with only XEM when some interesting speculation is actually happing with LTC.

ForgingBlock focuses on providing integrated solutions and builds infrastructures for developing a community to facilitate the merchants adopting cryptocurrency payment. You can find their more information at the official website at ForgingBlock
jnada

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 10:59:52 AM

I swear, I saw this message poping out for few seconds, however after 6-7 hours there is a change and @delegated harvesting is active@ appeared. the only problem is when Iclicking on "start delegating harvesting" appears anotrher message
"Oops!

ERROR 699

Maximum number of harvesters allowed on server has been reached."

So what doest it mean ?

Just restart NIS and then click on "start delegated harvesting" again.

Working !
Thanks!

NEM                                        NEM                                          NEM                            launch on 22nd November 2014 !                                          TAQDPC-BT35MC-YAWTKQ-OFEZOS-CMBKHM-F5Q3L6-YEYL
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2015, 11:09:18 AM

WTF are you taking about? you dont make any sense

So how much was the NXT reward for running a node then?   Roll Eyes

They had some incentive program running. I think emonyru was managing it. So what?

I am talking about supposed security issues in nem.
They are claiming too many nodes by one individual is a problem. If it is, determine why, and fix it.

It has not been an issue with nxt.

Satoshi warned us about these trusted 3rd party schemes like masternodes

Obviously it would be an issue for both NEM and NXT having large part of the network in the hands of an individual. NEM is more immune to this issue because of eigentrust++

I don't think eigentrust++ makes NEM more immune to that at all. Based on what are you assuming this ?

I read eigentrust is ment to protect the network from multiple nodes attacking it.

Perhaps devs will find a way to publish an average trustness so that a thin client can select the right nodes to connect to.

Eigentrust++ values are local only to each node and its peers, so I don't see how that would work.

Not to mention there is no way to identify nodes belonging to the same person.

It is easy enough to make a white list of say the top 50 nodes that day in and day out are always up and going.  At that point a thin client could just go through its white list and randomly pick one. 

Also, just for sending, receiving and checking balances it doesn't matter how many are run by the same person, but when it comes to delegated harvesting it certainly does.  So I don't see why there isn't any reason why there couldn't be a thin NCC only that just connects to a node on a white list on its start up. 

dannac

Activity: 266

Crypto Geek

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 12:52:22 PM

Patmast3r,
I've tried to contact you and Makoto via PM for the last 2 (edited) 3 months... regarding  my account marked as sockpuppet.
Honestly, in the meantime I really lost any interest in the project, since i've seen that nobody really care about issues like the one I have.
Now, after a long while, I'm back to the forum (curiosity), and I see one of your post as last post. Then I thought "why not?"
I'm back here just to see if it's possible to know WHY you guys acted in this way ?
I've been polite in any of my messages. And you can see I didn't inundate you with PMs... well, Not even a reply. Nothing.
This is the last reply from Makoto:

Re: Sockpuppets List Explanation required
« Sent to: dannac on: April 01, 2015, 01:58:22 PM »
« You have forwarded or responded to this message. »
Reply with quoteQuote  ReplyReply  Remove this messageDelete  
Thanks for contacting me.

Pat and I will look at your data and get back to you.

More then 2 MONTHS AGO !!!
At this point, i think at least an explanation is what i deserve, since i spent my time to get people involved in this project, and as "thank you", I found my account and my friend's accounts marked as Sockspuppet.
Lets see if this time someone will spend 5 sec of his life to reply.
Thanks (in case this time someone will be so kind to reply)

I'll handle this stuff in the next week or so. I am about 90 PMs behind, so I need some time to get through everything. I'll probably be fairly lenient in returning stakes because of all the time that has taken.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks for you reply Makoto.
We will wait to hear about you soon, than....
Eadeqa

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 04:19:50 PM

Why

I think after mobile client public announcement price will be 90 or even 100 satoshi per XEM (be realistic).

LOL. Yeah sure.

All cryptos have mobile apps. Is there any that does not? It won't do shit for prices or interest.

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 05:59:52 PM

Can you explain please, yeah NEM should be five times better than NXT? Just wondering how you came to this conclusion.

Why

I think after mobile client public announcement price will be 90 or even 100 satoshi per XEM (be realistic). XEM is 5 times better then NXT. But even I thought about bulk XEM trading (deal was unsuccessful ). It's hard to stay straight and waiting with only XEM when some interesting speculation is actually happing with LTC.
rigel
Legendary

Activity: 1240

Thank God I'm an atheist

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 07:02:30 PM

It is easy enough to make a white list of say the top 50 nodes that day in and day out are always up and going.  At that point a thin client could just go through its white list and randomly pick one. 

The server publishing the list becomes a single point of failure and an obvious target for attacks.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 09:21:52 PM

Why

A little bit of patience can go a long way.. It was only launched recently after being hyped quite a bit.. Long term projects and development are still strong, so no reason to worry.
Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 09:24:13 PM

The server publishing the list becomes a single point of failure and an obvious target for attacks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agg1ghcqpJo
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 02:13:45 AM

I just downloaded and installed 0.6.31. I'm trying to run it but I can't open my wallet because NIS is not available. Any ideas? I just wanted to check my balance and check to see if my remote account was still doing delegated harvesting since I last checked. I got the NIS is not available message under the old version I was running so I upgraded, but that didn't solve the problem. I may try the telegram chat later, but wanted to put this message out for now.
mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 04:39:38 AM

I just downloaded and installed 0.6.31. I'm trying to run it but I can't open my wallet because NIS is not available. Any ideas? I just wanted to check my balance and check to see if my remote account was still doing delegated harvesting since I last checked. I got the NIS is not available message under the old version I was running so I upgraded, but that didn't solve the problem. I may try the telegram chat later, but wanted to put this message out for now.

same problem here

IOTA
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 04:48:45 AM

same problem here

I got it figured out, thanks to the Telegram chat.

when the NEM program opens up a tab on your browser, the portal to get into your wallet, on that page is a settings tab at the top. Click on it and it will allow you to change the host to "localhost." That should usually do it. Alternatively, you can go to http://www.nodeexplorer.com/ and pick one of the IP addresses there. Go through until you find one that works. That will save you from having to download the blockchain to your PC. If the first IP address doesn't work, pick a different one.

Those are also nodes you can try for delegated harvesting. Since I don't have my own node yet I try to harvest off one on the list. I usually go to somewhere in the middle, then try a few nodes until I find one that isn't full.

Anyway, it seems I forget this every time... Hopefully writing it here will help me remember next time.
jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2015, 05:11:00 AM

same problem here

when the NEM program opens up a tab on your browser, the portal to get into your wallet, on that page is a settings tab at the top. Click on it and it will allow you to change the host to "localhost." That should usually do it. Alternatively, you can go to http://www.nodeexplorer.com/ and pick one of the IP addresses there. Go through until you find one that works. That will save you from having to download the blockchain to your PC. If the first IP address doesn't work, pick a different one.

Those are also nodes you can try for delegated harvesting. Since I don't have my own node yet I try to harvest off one on the list. I usually go to somewhere in the middle, then try a few nodes until I find one that isn't full.

Anyway, it seems I forget this every time... Hopefully writing it here will help me remember next time.

Yes, if there is ever any problem with NIS, the quick and super easy work around is just connecting to a remote server

the short of it is

1) go to nodeexplorer.com
2) pick any IP
3) on the landing page go to settings and change "local host" to that IP

done 

(here is the very detailed instruction guide http://blog.nem.io/connecting-to-a-remote-server/)

When I am on the road and need to use NEM, I just download and start only NCC and follow those steps.  In under 2 minutes I am up and going, sending and receiving on a computer that hadn't ever had NEM installed before.

jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2015, 05:12:43 AM

Ahhh, I was thinking the white list would be inserted into the NCC stand alone download.  So it wouldn't query anbody, it would just have all the IP's in a list in a file and start checking them very quickly until it found one it liked.  With each update, a new white list would be updated.  

mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 05:19:13 AM

same problem here

thnx

IOTA
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2015, 06:00:55 AM

I can't believe almost all of us are hero members now  Shocked

I mean hero NEMbers  Wink

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 06:35:45 AM

I can't believe almost all of us are hero members now  Shocked

I mean hero NEMbers  Wink

Most members joined NEM when they were around a jr member / member I guess. Good to see that they remained active all the time Smiley Maybe it will also attract a lot of new members in the next bitcoin boom that will see a domination here with hero members Cheesy
choochimil

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 08:15:20 AM

Are the late/socks still getting their nem? I feel like there is not much being said about this when i'm just as excited as the rest.

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
Pages: « 1 ... 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 [900] 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: