Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:09:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 [901] 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984108 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2015, 08:53:17 AM

Are the late/socks still getting their nem? I feel like there is not much being said about this when i'm just as excited as the rest.

Makoto said the other day there are still about 90 outstanding cases in his inbox.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2015, 12:25:01 PM

Are the late/socks still getting their nem? I feel like there is not much being said about this when i'm just as excited as the rest.

Sorry for being so behind on it. There's a good reason, trust me!

Yes, I am going to process everything within a week or so. Sorry for the delay.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2015, 03:30:03 PM

Good news.  Lately we have been testing connecting IRC <-> Slack <-> Telegram. 

Many of you have heard us say that most of the work is taking place there. 

Today we have a tipbot set up in Slack and I will give any newbie some XEM to test a wallet. 

It is the best way to get some XEM quickly and easily to test your wallet.   

Please go here and follow the instructions. https://nemslack.herokuapp.com/ 

Once you are in the Slack #general chat, say hi ask somebody for some starter coins and give them your address.   

Super easy :-)

andme
Legendary

Activity: 1422
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 09:04:56 AM

There is a very interesting development of Alexandria. The altcoin FLO (Florincoin) attached currently to Alexandria platform. However, in a recent interview the CEO Devon Read said:

Florincoin is a two year old fork of litecoin that was the first cryptocurrency to offer built in support for transaction comments. Each tx gives us 528 bytes of data at the cost of .25 FLO in miner fees. So when a user publishes an artifact, we can store not just the hash that the Alexandria browser uses to find the media itself in the IPFS DHT, but also a fair amount of descriptive info, genre, tags, references to additional media like thumbnail images and tipping/payment info. Some argue that using an alt is a bad idea because of the history of p&d scams in altcoins, but we think those kinds of things can be overcome and that this is the best solution for our “invisible index database” but we certainly have an open mind about it - really we just want to create the best platform we can, and if ultimately that requires changing one particular piece in the puzzle, or even many of them, we’ll have no qualms doing so.

Compare the current status of FLO and XEM:

FLO:
  Available Supply   84,164,850 FLO
  Market Cap   $ 128,378 (559 BTC)
  Volume (24h)   $ 657 (3 BTC)

NEM:
  Available Supply   8,999,999,999 XEM
  Market Cap   $ 1,292,067 (5,626 BTC)
  Volume (24h)   $ 6,040 (26 BTC)

NEM also has the ability to text messages in transactions, up to 512 bytes. In addition, NEM has a much greater potential than FLO. So I suggest, who is fluent in English and can substantiate technical reason, immediately suggest to Alexandria mutually beneficial alliance.

Session      ● WireMin      ● Point      ● NYM
Eadeqa

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 09:45:57 AM

There is a very interesting development of Alexandria. The altcoin FLO (Florincoin) attached currently to Alexandria platform. However, in a recent interview the CEO Devon Read said:

Florincoin is a two year old fork of litecoin that was the first cryptocurrency to offer built in support for transaction comments. Each tx gives us 528 bytes of data at the cost of .25 FLO in miner fees. So when a user publishes an artifact, we can store not just the hash that the Alexandria browser uses to find the media itself in the IPFS DHT, but also a fair amount of descriptive info, genre, tags, references to additional media like thumbnail images and tipping/payment info. Some argue that using an alt is a bad idea because of the history of p&d scams in altcoins, but we think those kinds of things can be overcome and that this is the best solution for our “invisible index database” but we certainly have an open mind about it - really we just want to create the best platform we can, and if ultimately that requires changing one particular piece in the puzzle, or even many of them, we’ll have no qualms doing so.

Compare the current status of FLO and XEM:

FLO:
  Available Supply   84,164,850 FLO
  Market Cap   $ 128,378 (559 BTC)
  Volume (24h)   $ 657 (3 BTC)

NEM:
  Available Supply   8,999,999,999 XEM
  Market Cap   $ 1,292,067 (5,626 BTC)
  Volume (24h)   $ 6,040 (26 BTC)

NEM also has the ability to text messages in transactions, up to 512 bytes. In addition, NEM has a much greater potential than FLO. So I suggest, who is fluent in English and can substantiate technical reason, immediately suggest to Alexandria mutually beneficial alliance.

Just a slight problem with these numbers. Nem marketcap is fake. 50% of the coins are not even distributed. And that doesn't include all the sock puppets and large stakes (55 each) that developers are holding.

Expect the prices to drop as more and more of these coins are dumped, especially if if interest drops. Given the amount of coins still not distributed, I won't expect any major price jump at least for next 5 to 10 years

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
andme
Legendary

Activity: 1422
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 10:27:00 AM

Just a slight problem with these numbers. Nem marketcap is fake. 50% of the coins are not even distributed. And that doesn't include all the sock puppets and large stakes (55 each) that developers are holding.

Expect the prices to drop as more and more of these coins are dumped, especially if if interest drops. Given the amount of coins still not distributed, I won't expect any major price jump at least for next 5 to 10 years

In this case the marketcap is not main argument, as well as the price (though look at Volume 24h). Perhaps it is more convenient for Alexandria to deal with NEM technologically. It is also clear NEM will be more common than FLO.

Session      ● WireMin      ● Point      ● NYM
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 11:40:19 AM

.... I won't expect any major price jump at least for next 5 to 10 years
Without any scam your coin can lose 20x value like LTC PPC and jump 10x in month.
The true is EVERY coin go 10x up or down premined or not.

about major price jump all depends what technology will NEM bring at end and interest
without interest every coin will be down over time.

Devs holding big chunk of coin is not bad for me - thye have bigger motivation to work around it.
NEM client is on version 0.6.31 this is long way to 1.0.

People will dump/buy NEM this is normal who cares. Will devs dump coins ? off course but you want dump them too when pump will come ( i mean price).

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 11:55:24 AM
Last edit: June 12, 2015, 12:08:24 PM by patmast3r

.... I won't expect any major price jump at least for next 5 to 10 years
Without any scam your coin can lose 20x value like LTC PPC and jump 10x in month.
The true is EVERY coin go 10x up or down premined or not.

about major price jump all depends what technology will NEM bring at end and interest
without interest every coin will be down over time.

Devs holding big chunk of coin is not bad for me - thye have bigger motivation to work around it.
NEM client is on version 0.6.31 this is long way to 1.0.

People will dump/buy NEM this is normal who cares. Will devs dump coins ? off course but you want dump them too when pump will come ( i mean price).

True. Price jumps happen for no good reason most of the time.

They are not holding it back. They are merely using them to fund some important projects. They are also being distributed with auctions. The devs only own however many stakes they got as payment for being devs. Their incentive to work on NEM is no bigger than if all XEM had been distributed at launch.

It can be a long way from 0.6.31 to 1.0 but it can also be only 0.7, 0.8, 0.9 and 1.0. Smiley
Nobody even knows if V1 will actually be 1.0. The name does suggest it  but it's really only the point in time when NEM is feature-complete (as in the features that were initially planned. Of course there will still be ongoing development after that) which could also be at 0.8.

It's more about adoption than technology imho. You can have all the buzzy features. If noone uses them all you did was waste a lot of time.

If you look at NEMESIS you don't need to be einstein to find out which accounts belong to the devs. If you look at those accounts they haven't actually dumped much of anything.

yabit

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 11:58:55 AM

I can't believe almost all of us are hero members now  Shocked

I mean hero NEMbers  Wink

not all, but I'm working on it ...
jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2015, 03:23:22 PM

Tip bot is going crazy in Slack.  Great way to get a few coins to test a wallet if you need them.

jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2015, 03:24:52 PM

Like three more months to go.  Your post count is already high enough.

yabit

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 05:17:05 PM

Like three more months to go.  Your post count is already high enough.

Three more month ? Date Registered: 18-06-2011 ! Don't know how they manage the member status. But doesn't matter, much more important is my NEMber status!
Mhr3io

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 05:43:33 PM

read this but not understand nem. new economy moment?
rigel
Legendary

Activity: 1240

Thank God I'm an atheist

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 07:11:45 PM

What is that you don't understand?
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 08:38:49 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2015, 10:55:21 PM by TaunSew

What is that you don't understand?

The new economy to destroy the old economy.  The withering away of NEM capitalization is the destruction of western fiat.  The NEM is changing the way we deal with the world and soon it will bring an utopian future for all those oppressed by the injustices inherent within the system.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
TaunSew

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 11:10:27 PM

NEMzilla doesn't like these prices and his wife just left him for the Gecko guy.   Cry

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2015, 01:30:31 AM

The N E W  E C O N O M Y is where individuals are more empowered by having both more efficiency in information and value transfer and control over their value and information.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
luckygenough56
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 08:22:22 AM

NEMzilla doesn't like these prices and his wife just left him for the Gecko guy.   Cry

we need a pimp
TaunSew

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 08:41:24 AM

we need a pimp

If the brand new scandal* at Ethereum is accurate about the state of things, it seems like the long term prospects has swung in favor of the less publicized projects like NEM.   Ethereum with $15 million could accomplish... Huh ...  whereas The Little NEM That Could seems to be working miracles with less than < 60 BTC funding.  Investors should take note on that.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/39mhko/does_eth_intend_to_release_financial_statements/

tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 10:22:49 AM

I count me to the club now, too  Grin Hello heros!

Pages: « 1 ... 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 [901] 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: