Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:46:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 [800] 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984114 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
richiela

Activity: 937
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 02:16:51 AM

Poloniex is the best alt exchange, imho, and a real model for how crypto should be - they have good programmers there, they tend to focus on high-quality, innovative coins before anyone else does (not garbage clone coins) and they seem to be a lot better at hard-core development and coding/integrating new coin codes than anyone else.

I can definitely relate to that statement. At one point, I wrote a trading bot and notice a slight quirk with their API -- it wasn't handling request/response headers with the properly casing as per the RFC spec. I reported this to busoni and he got it fixed, so yeah very good in the development and support department there.

Compare this with bittrex where I told them they need to change their max trading quantity to be based on how much btc value is being traded rather than the altcoin as a unit of account. Their response was basically that's how their system is designed and to fuck off -- much more politely of course but just amounting to generic lip service.

Comparing something that isn't RFC compliant versus something that is your personal preference hardly seems fair.  We made a design decision and we choose that paradigm.  There is hardly anything wrong with that.  When something of ours isn't RFC compliant and doesn't get fix, please do let me know.

richie@bittrex

PS. busoni and tf2 are rockstars. +1

Looking for the best exchange? -> https://bittrex.com
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 04:04:39 AM

There is the Trello board for NEM yet? We would need it now more than ever

We could try to create a public trello again. The public trellos were shut down so that people would discuss on the forums instead.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 04:07:51 AM

Well I didn't see this coming.  I thought XEM had promise but this downward slide since launch is disconcerting.  I expected an initial dump but also expected a correction upward that hasn't happened.  There doesn't appear to be any kind of game plan.  Those behind this coin need to get out front and center now to rally the troops.  I'm not selling my stakes but I hate to take a loss and add another blemish to my almost spotless track record of picking coins.  And I'm getting that uneasy feeling that you get when something doesn't feel right.  So is there a plan for this coin and if so what is it?       

We have a long term plan and tech roadmap that will make NEM the best designed and most useful block chain platform in existence. Revealing everything now would just let someone come in and build it before we do. We will reveal some parts of it once they are close to being released.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 04:22:41 AM

Well I didn't see this coming.  I thought XEM had promise but this downward slide since launch is disconcerting.  I expected an initial dump but also expected a correction upward that hasn't happened.  There doesn't appear to be any kind of game plan.  Those behind this coin need to get out front and center now to rally the troops.  I'm not selling my stakes but I hate to take a loss and add another blemish to my almost spotless track record of picking coins.  And I'm getting that uneasy feeling that you get when something doesn't feel right.  So is there a plan for this coin and if so what is it?       

I have to agree, but they will just call you a fudster and ignore you. Hopefully there is something in the works after a 6 month late launch.

NEM is definitely a long game. 

wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 04:42:29 AM

I have a buy order at 61 on Poloniex. Care to fill it for me?

As for your questions, I don't know where you've been but if anything, NEM errs on the side of overplanning and overtesting and overthinking and overdeveloping and even, overinventing. It's actually kind of funny that you are saying "there doesn't appear to be any kind of game plan." I don't think I've run into a coin with MORE game plan since DNotes.
mrvegad

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 05:43:51 AM

We have a long term plan and tech roadmap that will make NEM the best designed and most useful block chain platform in existence. Revealing everything now would just let someone come in and build it before we do. We will reveal some parts of it once they are close to being released.
sorry but the blockchain can be bloated easily and weaker nodes can  be made to lag behind the chain.
Fatih87SK

Activity: 616

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 07:08:25 AM

Hi guyz, I've downloaded & installed Java8 x64 on win 8.1
Also windows nem installer from here: http://bob.nem.ninja/installer/ (installed)
But when I run the wallet, it doesn't start. What should I do?
wallet starts to work then it's killed.
here's a vid: https://vid.me/riLS
How can that be possible? How to avoid this?

I had the same problem. Fixed it like this;

Go to; http://bob.nem.ninja/

Download nis-ncc-0.6.26.zip
Unzip

Start runNCC.bat (wait a moment until it has started properly)
After waiting;
Start runNIS.bat (wait a moment until it has started properly)
After waiting;
runMON.bat

This will start a browser with the NEM wallet.

At step Start runNCC.bat or Start runNIS.bat a pop-up will appear asking you for 'Allow connection'.

Ps. This is a one-time process. After that you can start the wallet like you try to do now.

patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 07:12:07 AM

Also windows nem installer from here: http://bob.nem.ninja/installer/ (installed)

Unzip

After waiting;
After waiting;
runMON.bat

At step Start runNCC.bat or Start runNIS.bat a pop-up will appear asking you for 'Allow connection'.

Ps. This is a one-time process. After that you can start the wallet like you try to do now.

Are you also on Win 8.1 Fatih ?

BloodyRookie

Activity: 687

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 07:31:03 AM

Can you supply the nis logs? They are in c:\user\<your user>\nem\nis\logs.

Nothing Else Matters
NEM: NALICE-LGU3IV-Y4DPJK-HYLSSV-YFFWYS-5QPLYE-ZDJJ
NXT: 11095639652683007953
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 08:11:15 AM

As for your questions, I don't know where you've been but if anything, NEM errs on the side of overplanning and overtesting and overthinking and overdeveloping and even, overinventing. It's actually kind of funny that you are saying "there doesn't appear to be any kind of game plan." I don't think I've run into a coin with MORE game plan since DNotes.

Are you serious?  The value plunges and you come back with an offer to buy at 1/3rd of the price when the coin launched.  Why would you even make such an absurd post.  There are many people that are wondering what the fuck is going on.  I'll take a loss and not miss a step.  Some won't be lucky enough to have the cushion to write it off.  This is crypto, months don't work.  Where have you been?  Amazing.
patmast3r

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 08:20:57 AM

Are you serious?  The value plunges and you come back with an offer to buy at 1/3rd of the price when the coin launched.  Why would you even make such an absurd post.  There are many people that are wondering what the fuck is going on.  I'll take a loss and not miss a step.  Some won't be lucky enough to have the cushion to write it off.  This is crypto, months don't work.  Where have you been?  Amazing.

Show me a single project that did not have a lower value than at launch 3 weeks after launch.
And factor in that a lot more people have been given coins initially so initial dumping will take longer as many don't check btt regularly.

shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 08:35:42 AM

Show me a single project that did not have a lower value than at launch 3 weeks after launch.
And factor in that a lot more people have been given coins initially so initial dumping will take longer as many don't check btt regularly.

Hey, I'm all for XEM but it's lost two thirds of it's value since launch.  What other coins have done is irrelevant.  We're talking about XEM.  Currently the coin isn't doing good.  I haven't been posting doomsday scenarios.  In fact these are the first posts I've made and I made these only out of concern.  Is there a plan and what is it.  It's a simple question.  I don't want an argument I just want some information.

Thanks
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 10:03:41 AM

Hey, I'm all for XEM but it's lost two thirds of it's value price since launch.

FTFY
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 10:19:10 AM

Hi,
what are the benefits of the Delegated Harvesting instead of local harvesting?
patmast3r

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 10:22:12 AM

Hi,

You can harvest from an empty account. So basically you delegate your importance to the remote account (which every account has).
That way you can also harvest on a remote location without having to put your private-key there (you use the private key of the remote account which has no funds).

nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 10:24:53 AM

NXT.
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 10:28:02 AM

Hi,

You can harvest from an empty account. So basically you delegate your importance to the remote account (which every account has).
That way you can also harvest on a remote location without having to put your private-key there (you use the private key of the remote account which has no funds).

many thanks!

so, Delegated Harvesting, is a lot more safe than local harvesting... great Cheesy
patmast3r

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 10:30:03 AM

Hi,

many thanks!

so, Delegated Harvesting, is a lot more safe than local harvesting... great Cheesy

you can use delegated harvesting on your local NIS as well.

luckygenough56
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 10:31:33 AM

Hi,

also you can shut down your computer and still harvest.

cakir
Legendary

Activity: 1274

★ BitClave ICO: 15/09/17 ★

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 10:36:01 AM

Unzip

After waiting;
After waiting;
runMON.bat

Thanks a lot!
That worked fine for me, I'm syncing with the network now!
NIS info is not available yet. Trying to retrieve NIS info... (at block 13201)

,'#██+:                 
              ,█████████████'             
            +██████████████████           
          ;██████████████████████         
         ███████:         .███████`       
        ██████               ;█████'      
      `█████                   #████#     
      ████+                     `████+    
     ████:                        ████,   
    ████:    .#              █     ████   
   ;███+     ██             ███     ████  
   ████     ███'            ███.    '███, 
  +███     #████           ,████     ████ 
  ████     █████ .+██████: █████+    `███.
 ,███     ███████████████████████     ████
 ████     ███████████████████████'    :███
 ███:    +████████████████████████     ███`
 ███     █████████████████████████`    ███+
,███     ██████████████████████████    #███
'███    '██████████████████████████    ;███
#███    ███████████████████████████    ,███
████    ███████████████████████████.   .███
████    ███████████████████████████'   .███
+███    ███████████████████████████+   :███
:███    ███████████████████████████'   +███
 ███    ███████████████████████████.   ███#
 ███.   #██████████████████████████    ███,
 ████    █████████████████████████+   `███
 '███    '████████████████████████    ████
  ███;    ███████████████████████     ███;
  ████     #████████████████████     ████ 
   ███#     .██████████████████     `███+ 
   ████`      ;██████████████       ████  
    ████         '███████#.        ████.  
    .████                         █████   
     '████                       █████    
      #████'                    █████     
       +█████`                ██████      
        ,██████:           `███████       
          ████████#;,..:+████████.        
           ,███████████████████+          
             .███████████████;            
                `+███████#,               
Pages: « 1 ... 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 [800] 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: