Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 07:20:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 [394] 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984388 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 07:07:47 PM

Why is everyone in charge saying the redemption will start on Nov 1st and at the same time saying people will get their coins in a few weeks?
On Nov 1st people will be able to send in their nem address.. But people won't get coins for a few weeks after that atleast because we have to wait for as many people to claim as possible before the coins can be distributed.

That makes no sense at all. Surely the people who registered their BTT stakes in the last couple of weeks are primed and ready to reedem in the next stage. I expect 95% will do so in one week or less, so why another long delay? Seems like stalling and buying time.
if people claim super fast then that's brilliant.. But that's yet to be seen so we can't be telling people that launch is a week away when there is a good chance it will take a number of weeks for everyone to send in their addresses..

I, (and I'm sure others) don't appreciate that insinuation of "stalling" or "buying time".. Especially after the extensive amount of time and effort so many people have put into nem.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
yeyo101

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 07:09:47 PM

Im sticking around man. I want to have drinks with the devs one day when we all meet in our own NEM convention Smiley
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 07:16:48 PM

Why is everyone in charge saying the redemption will start on Nov 1st and at the same time saying people will get their coins in a few weeks?
On Nov 1st people will be able to send in their nem address.. But people won't get coins for a few weeks after that atleast because we have to wait for as many people to claim as possible before the coins can be distributed.

That makes no sense at all. Surely the people who registered their BTT stakes in the last couple of weeks are primed and ready to reedem in the next stage. I expect 95% will do so in one week or less, so why another long delay? Seems like stalling and buying time.

Yes...surely  Roll Eyes

If everything is claimed after a week then it will end after a week. It's not like we're saying we'll keep it running for weeks no matter what.

kodtycoon
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 07:19:45 PM

205k views on this thread and we have not even launched yet.

I think the thread will explode once we launch.

Sure hope so too m8!

Besides that, i am wondering about some things. What are your thoughts about the future, after the launch of NEM. I know you, jaguar, patmaster, kodtycoon, rockethead and  ofcourse uf (and lots of people i am missing) did loads and loads and loads of work to make all of this happen, but how long will you stick around? I think all of you guys did tremendous effort and hope that you will all stay..   
Thank you anyway for making this all happen!! In my opinion NEM is for me the last hope in crypto, since i have been fooled a lot by scamcoins.

Just curious about you and the rest of the devteam, please let the nemsters know!!!
ya won't be getting rid of me too easy anyway Wink

I don't think anyone is just going to vanish after launch.. There has be an enormous amount of effort put into nem.. I just can't see anyone turning their back on nem after putting in so much work..

I think we will continue to see great contribution from our long standing members and also a massive increase of newer members/contributors..

Before we know it there will be so much going on it will be impossible to keep up with everything. Wink

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████

xtester

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 10:18:33 PM

Please refrain from posting and wallet addresses here or your post will be immediately deleted. We don't want to risk closing of this thread.

If you want to receive some test NEM please post your address here: https://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2547.0

xtester

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 10:25:21 PM

205k views on this thread and we have not even launched yet.

I think the thread will explode once we launch.

Sure hope so too m8!

Besides that, i am wondering about some things. What are your thoughts about the future, after the launch of NEM. I know you, jaguar, patmaster, kodtycoon, rockethead and  ofcourse uf (and lots of people i am missing) did loads and loads and loads of work to make all of this happen, but how long will you stick around? I think all of you guys did tremendous effort and hope that you will all stay..   
Thank you anyway for making this all happen!! In my opinion NEM is for me the last hope in crypto, since i have been fooled a lot by scamcoins.

Just curious about you and the rest of the devteam, please let the nemsters know!!!
ya won't be getting rid of me too easy anyway Wink

I don't think anyone is just going to vanish after launch.. There has be an enormous amount of effort put into nem.. I just can't see anyone turning their back on nem after putting in so much work..

I think we will continue to see great contribution from our long standing members and also a massive increase of newer members/contributors..

Before we know it there will be so much going on it will be impossible to keep up with everything. Wink

There are certainly a lot more things prepared for NEM. As we'll get closer to launch everyone will be able to see some more of them.

Anyway, the launch is only the beginning. At launch people will understand NEMsters mean business and we expect a lot more people to join, contribute and bring others with them.

NEM is no pump and dump, it's a serious long term project. One of the projects with bright prospects I might add.
xtester

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 10:37:29 PM

Here is a quote from a post I made earlier: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=426303.msg7122197#msg7122197

I think it might be useful.

NEM And The Altcoin Landscape

Unfortunately the altcoin landscape is currently plagued with cheap scams and elaborate pump and dump schemes along with a horde of impulsive people enjoying playing this game. However NEM has nothing to do with this landscape. While we may well go through a cambrian crypto-explosion phase, NEM seems to be already between the fittest and is only getting stronger every passing day.

I know things are more complex but for the sake of simplicity consider the following graph:

The Altcoin Landscape

Cheap Scams          Elaborate Scams             Clones                Low Innovation         Deep Innovation
                                      I--------------------I--------------------I--------------------I--------------------I

Approx. Time:        1 Day                      1 Week                  1 Month               3 - 6 Months                1 Year

Approx. Difficulty:      1/10                       2/10                       4/10                       6/10                       10/10

Approx. Value Created:    1 btc                      10 btc                     50 btc                    100 btc                    10000 btc

You must understand that while it would take 1 day to create a cheap scam, 1 month to clone a complex coin like Nxt, it would probably take at least about 1 year to invent a deeply innovative coin if you have all other necessary resources at your disposal1(Nxt would be good example of that). Indeed, it would be both stupid and frustrating to confuse deep innovation with clones or low innovation and demand otherwise. NEM aims to bring deep innovation on multiple levels, so when the alpha version along with more interesting details will be disclosed, I think a lot of people will get very excited and some will even get nervous. Indeed this could be one of the most important developments of the altcoin world in 2014. But as you might understand, until the right moment comes, most of these details need to be kept secret for obvious strategic reasons.

Anyway, starting with our extremely competent and responsible dev team, our large, talented and diverse community, our fair distribution and equality experiment, I think you can all see that with each passing day NEM is evolving to be a whole different kind of creature, unlike anything you have seen it the altcoin world until now. But in order to see that, you must get out of the noisy and impulsive crowd and focus on the signal. If you look close enough I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

The Marshmallow Test And Financial Freedom

It seems there are two major impediments on the road to financial freedom. One of them is the economic and banking system which we are trying to solve at least partially through NEM. The other one is a bit more counter-intuitive and less thought of, it's ourselves(with all the decisions and wrong moves we make). If we want to achieve something we must shift from a consumer mindset to a producer mindset, and therein lies the key.

Looking at the marshmallow experiment which emphasizes self-control and delayed gratification as a better predictor of success than IQ, I can only wonder what all those people selling NEM now will think in a couple of months.

If you would have to choose between receiving 1.5 btc for your share now or delaying gratification to receive at least 10x that amount in a couple of months, what would you choose?

If self-control and delayed gratification are a good predictor of success, it seems quite obvious to me, impulsivity may be an even better predictor of failure.

So in the end, I can only say be wise and make smart decisions because although we all start with an equal opportunity, ultimately our decisions, contributions and productivity will decide our outcome, and trust me, as it looks, there won't be any equality in that.

References
1 Through necessary resources I mean an enormous amount of brain power, time and energy to invest and conceptualize such a novel technology and an even greater amount of brainpower, time, energy and determination to transform things from the realm of ideas to reality. But it gets even more intriguing, since although these resources are necessary, in a lot of cases they may still not be sufficient.
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2014, 01:30:20 AM

So, if it is really stalling and buying time, you have a problem? Let us know what your problem is so we know where you are coming from.
kodtycoon
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 01:42:05 AM

anyone know a hosting company that has windows servers and around 5€ per month? amazon suspended me for some reason.. Sad

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████

jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2014, 01:46:00 AM

Im sticking around man. I want to have drinks with the devs one day when we all meet in our own NEM convention Smiley

Me too :-)  lets all buy each other drinks. haha

pigheadbig

Activity: 742

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 02:00:06 AM

AE sent,
can't wait for the realcoin launch.
gsxrl3oi

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 02:24:00 AM

Me too :-)  lets all buy each other drinks. haha

Yah man. We have too.

Why don't we create a forum for bartering with NEM where we can rate the person to build trust. Kind of like bitcoin pizza you know. but NEM bartering. I need some KITE SURFING GEAR boom NEM sent to yah after. you get what I mean? That way we can constantly have NEM moving around. What do you say DEVs is that possible? NEMsWAP.com boom(trade marked) lolz
amytheplanarshift

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 03:25:07 AM

Seems like James is getting rid of his NEMstake holdings. Guess he was just in for a bit of short-term profit. Oh well, I'd rather it be in the hands of people who actually want to use NEM anyway. Smiley

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2014, 04:21:57 AM

Seems like James is getting rid of his NEMstake holdings. Guess he was just in for a bit of short-term profit. Oh well, I'd rather it be in the hands of people who actually want to use NEM anyway. Smiley

That's a little sad. I know he has his own projects but I had a very small hope he might look at the NEM code.

makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2014, 04:50:14 AM

Me too :-)  lets all buy each other drinks. haha

What are you guys doing that got you banned on aws?

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2014, 04:52:17 AM

Or maybe he's selling off to himself. People do it all the time when manipulating mkt price.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
Chris001

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

electroneum.com

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 07:56:16 AM

Or maybe he's selling off to himself. People do it all the time when manipulating mkt price.

Do we know this is even real??

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=186785
Here is the link to my trust settings here on forum. This trust system is very unfair. I make good on every deal Ive ever made. I had many, many deals as you can see and I never scammed anyone. All it takes is a random account to give you negative trust and youre screwed. Tomatocage has never even talked to me ever but when the random acct hit me with negative trust, Tomatocage came right behind him and marked neg trust again so obviously he was the one who did it. You can look at Tomatocage trust and see how many of his compeditors at the currency exchange thread he labeled scammers. I never scammed anyone. My trust was green over 20 before this. I hope it never happens to you because the mods cant help you.
nembit86

Activity: 588

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 08:50:56 AM

That's a little sad. I know he has his own projects but I had a very small hope he might look at the NEM code.

Do you think James will be able to resist the allure of the great NEM?  Dont think so......hes just waiting on the asset exchange starting up before jumping in.

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT
Istanbul34

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 09:12:31 AM

https://nxtforum.org/alternate-cryptocurrencies/nemstake-discussion/msg124473/?topicseen#msg124473
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 09:35:32 AM

I honestly think that we are making a mess out of this distribution process. We need discipline and rules!!
We need to set exact dates until when can you redeem NEMStakes! After this they become worthless. Also we need to clarify exact dates until people can register and claim their stake! If they don't see or do it, their problem. You put all of the unclaimed stakes into one account from where you can distribute real NEMs with penalties of 25%, 50% etc..

Who ever doesn't claim, bad for him and good for the development fund! This is slowly turning into a real mess! Also, this can go like this for months until all the people don't remember to claim.
Pages: « 1 ... 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 [394] 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: