Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 08:14:01 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 [399] 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984377 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 02:11:01 PM

If I'm totally illiterate when it comes to computers and I managed to make it work not sure why he can't. I think he has a huge weight over his shoulders and when that happens you tend not to see things clearly. Maybe he should just step back and see things in perspective. He is definitely a very smart person but not in a good place right now otherwise he would have never made a stupid post like that. imho
maybe...
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 02:17:25 PM

If you guys can pull yourself away from a personal argument Can I make a suggestion for unclaimed stakes?

I recently have been impressed by NXTTY and see a massive potential for mobile messaging linked with cryptocurrency. Why not keep a good sized chunk separate so someone can create an app similar to NXTTY that uses NEM. You can air drop them into accounts or maybe people get a share when they download the app etc.

It's better than creating another currency ontop of NEM for an app like this and it has massive potential if popular to supercharge NEM and it's uptake.

Good idea?
minerbit hill

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 02:24:07 PM

If you guys can pull yourself away from a personal argument Can I make a suggestion for unclaimed stakes?

I recently have been impressed by NXTTY and see a massive potential for mobile messaging linked with cryptocurrency. Why not keep a good sized chunk separate so someone can create an app similar to NXTTY that uses NEM. You can air drop them into accounts or maybe people get a share when they download the app etc.

It's better than creating another currency ontop of NEM for an app like this and it has massive potential if popular to supercharge NEM and it's uptake.

Good idea?

great idea ,thanks
pgb

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 02:26:21 PM

Now I see that he sold all of his NEMStakes and crashed a price. He must be really loosing it! Smiley
not bothered by it all.. No one else seemed to have any issue getting it working.. No harm just means better distribution..

It's not market manipulation or lose of mind.. He knows exactly what he is doing.

It is quite a bad karma to distribute a redemption software that does not work AND place a deadline on it.

So no, it is NOT about flukes in a beta software, and no, it is NOT about a (relatively liberal) deadline.

As he wrote, it is that COMBINATION of those negative factors that he found unacceptable, not any one of the two alone.

Anyone may or may not conclude that for themselves, but it is not really rational to deny that as a valid argument.

It may be a rational argument but it is being brought forward in an irrational manner.

The only thing that matters is that the argument is rational. 

There are so many problems that can potentially arise during the distribution process that I decided to sell my stake last week just to avoid the inevitable set backs that will occur & complaints that will come as a result.

The way the distribution of NEMstakes on the AE was handled didn't instil confidence in me that the real distribution would handled any better and this time it's a much more complicated process. Good luck, I hope it's executed flawlessly, but for now I'm just going to watch how this all plays out. 

Fair enough. The way I see though is that there are some steps to follow and many people fail to understand what they have to do because they either don't read them properly, don't read them at all or do not know how to read Wink. Redemption system is what it is, could be simpler? probably, but you don't definitely need to be a genius to follow some instructions. Only thing I miss is clear deadlines. People have different opinions and devs trying to accommodate everybody have made things a bit more complex that they previously planned.

I hope you don't regret it and end up paying much more for them in the future... oh wait, I do hope you regret it Wink

NEM : TAFTFJ-JJ4XTW-FNYZU7-HZR2Y2-RXIKEW-QIOWFJ-WM4N
4emily

Activity: 577
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 02:29:46 PM

@4emily: There should be an icon on your desktop named "NEM Monitor (NOM)". Double click it to run the NEM software.

On version 0.4.12 I don't get a desktop icon for some reason.  I have just been going to http://bob.nem.ninja/webstart/ to start NEM.

It should be in the start menu with all your other programs.

Thanks for replies.

There's no  "NEM Monitor (NOM)" icon on my desktop and it's not in the start menu.

I've searched programs and files and all I can find is the nem folder, as per screenshot in previous post (#8584).

My os is windows 7 professional, system type is 64bits

I'm running Java Version 8 Update 25 (build 1.8.0_25-b18) and the program is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\  so as I understand it that means its a 32-bit application

My firefox browser is 32 bit as is my Chrome browser.

Finally found the nem-monitor-jnlp file (I'd take an oath it wasn't there before!) and created a desktop short cut for it. Bizarrely though I had to upgrade to Java Version 8 Update 25 before I could click on it, even though Java Version 8 Update 25 was already installed.
TauMuon

Activity: 224

NEM Enthusiast

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 02:29:58 PM

Could someone explain who Jhodl is and why he matters? Does he own a large quantity of NEMstake?  

Yeah, but the wallet still doesn't work on a Mac.

It works beautifully for me?

NEM - New Economy Movement - http://blog.nem.io/overview/ | www.reddit.com/r/nem | https://www.facebook.com/ourNEM | https://twitter.com/nemcoin
Built from the Ground up with 100% Original Code | A Second-Generation Crypto, Radically Improved over Bitcoin | Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
larsson

Activity: 149

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 02:33:08 PM

Hi all, the last version is NEM Beta 0.4.12 Huh
minerbit hill

Activity: 246

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 02:37:12 PM

yes!
https://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2595.0
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 02:43:25 PM

Could someone explain who Jhodl is and why he matters? Does he own a large quantity of NEMstake?  

Yeah, but the wallet still doesn't work on a Mac.

It works beautifully for me?

are you using mac?

james(jl777 issuer of jl777hodl asset) is a big player in nxt and had upwards of 25-30 stakes and just dumped most of them cos he couldnt get the beta working.. whether he matters or not i think comes down to whether you think the very short term price matters or not.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
LemonAndFries

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 02:44:56 PM

sad to see a good developer like jl777 fall to FUD

he is working on his SuperNET project and probably sees NEM as a threat

I'm no developer and even I could get the beta to work, you guys are really going to believe that bull****

think about it
howi53

Activity: 127

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 02:50:51 PM

Good idea?

If nxxty is ok, why copy or making things twice - we should try to cooperate as long as both sides can generate advantage

Life is like a chicken ladder - short and shitty
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 02:54:12 PM

Good idea?

If nxxty is ok, why copy or making things twice - we should try to cooperate as long as both sides can generate advantage

Oh the irony of a NEM supporter saying this.
larsson

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 02:54:33 PM

yes, please let us know if you have any issue installing/running the software. Smiley

ok! thank you
Istanbul34

Activity: 232

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:09:33 PM

Good idea?

He is right.

Nxtty is not just an app that runs on NXT.

It will be an app that will accept other coins like Bitcoin. It will create a marketplace within the app. If the NEM community joins this wonderful adventure, maybe we can create something inside the Nxtty environment that will benefit NEM as well.

The devs of Nxtty worked months and months to create this app. It's a waste of time to create something similar. We can unite and fight against the same competition.
larsson

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:18:47 PM

ok,I will download the new Beta .thanks
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:22:32 PM

Good idea?

He is right.

It will be an app that will accept other coins like Bitcoin. It will create a marketplace within the app. If the NEM community joins this wonderful adventure, maybe we can create something inside the Nxtty environment that will benefit NEM as well.

The devs of Nxtty worked months and months to create this app. It's a waste of time to create something similar. We can unite and fight against the same competition.

I didn't know they were developing trading of other coins...first I've heard of it.

nembit86

Activity: 588

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:27:25 PM

Good idea?

He is right.

I didn't know they were developing trading of other coins...first I've heard of it.

I just know that a hell of a lot of work has been put into Nxtty and things seem to be paying off.

Over 3000 Nxt address entries now after 1 day of official launch......and its only just started....thats putting cryptocoins in the hands of people......( it has a clever way of introducing the masses to cryptocurrency ) ....first 100000 downloads get 2500 nxttycoin each.

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT
Istanbul34

Activity: 232

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:38:32 PM

Good idea?

He is right.

Not just trading other coins, but spending them to buy stuff.

Or Tip awesome posts. Send them to a friend.

A desktop version will be launched as well.
nembit86

Activity: 588

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:42:31 PM

Good idea?

He is right.

Not just trading other coins, but spending them to buy stuff.

Or Tip awesome posts. Send them to a friend.

A desktop version will be launched as well.

Just a pity that all devices cant download yet as a lot of people try to download but cant.....I suppose the devs couldnt wait any longer to launch.  I dont think its going to be long though.....for iphones, ipads etc to be able to download.

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT
editor499

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 04:00:33 PM

hi all,

1. When will the transfer(return AE) be ended?
2. I have more than 2 stakes, should I separate it and send it 2 or more than 2 times? I hear some guy say that it must separate if own more than 2 stakes.

Please tell me, I have been a little busy, I don't want to miss anything! Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 [399] 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: