Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:24:46 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 [187] 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 ... 647 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 701436 times)
WitWolfy

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 05:42:22 PM

Today is 1/4/2018, I got a problem since 1/3/2018.
The problem is, AM was mining Blake2s, which gives about 1.2USD per GTX 1060, but with another algo, like Skein, it gives about 4~5USD per card. But AM didn't switch from Blake2s into better algos, is that a thing or maybe what reason is it?
I can switch manually by turning off the algo Blake2s, but I can't do it manually forever, because I would not know which is the best algo to mine at a time.
Please fix that.

Thats pretty low for a 1060. My friend's 1060 makes like $2 a day by just mining on Zpool using profit switch enabled. Make sure to enable all your pools in your algorythms section and do a precise benchmark (dont forget to save the results). Dont be an idiot and jump from one site to another because their pool is like 4x more for like the next half and hour or so, otherwise you'll never turn a profit. Choose a site and stick by them. I recommend Zpool, because they pay out on a minimum of 0.0025 BTC which can be mined in a week or so using a 1060.

Good luck.
Rockett0

Activity: 20

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 05:48:51 PM

I have a few rigs working great in awesome miner  (professional) and getting stats from DSTM-Zcash.  All managed by ethos. I also have a few asics.

The problem I have, when I switch my remote miners to ccminer - I have to edit each miner in AM and tell it to monitor ccminer port instead of DSTM-Zash. Bulk Edit doesn't give me an option to change all GPU rigs from ccminer to dstm-zcash.

1. Is there a way for this to happen automatically

2. Should I just create duplicates of each miner?
- Rig 1 has an entry for ccminer, and another for dstm-zcash and so on?

3. Or do you all think of miners as the programs, where I think of miners as the actual rigs and what they are doing.

If this has been answered before, kudo's to your forum search skills, mine must be lacking.
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 05:54:43 PM

Today is 1/4/2018, I got a problem since 1/3/2018.
The problem is, AM was mining Blake2s, which gives about 1.2USD per GTX 1060, but with another algo, like Skein, it gives about 4~5USD per card. But AM didn't switch from Blake2s into better algos, is that a thing or maybe what reason is it?
I can switch manually by turning off the algo Blake2s, but I can't do it manually forever, because I would not know which is the best algo to mine at a time.
Please fix that.

I'm assuming you are using a profit miner and not a regular managed miner?  You haven't disabled Skein as an algo in the options?  Did you benchmark your cards so that AM has some numbers to work with to make the decision to switch between Blake2s and other algos?
I used the network scan, and it does everything automatically. I am new to Awesome Miner, so, I am not sure if I miss anything in configuration.

When you go into the options in AM, and look at the Managed Miners tab, you will see a list of your rigs, if you open up the settings for your rig, does it say it is a Managed Profit Miner or a Managed Miner in the title bar?  Either way, you need to assign a profit profile to the miner which shows what your rig is capable of doing.  You need to benchmark your rig and save the numbers in order to get accurate numbers in the profit profile.  AM uses the information in the profit profile to make decisions on when to switch algorithms when you are using a Managed Profit Miner.
puwaha

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:11:21 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2018, 06:32:33 PM by puwaha

I have a few rigs working great in awesome miner  (professional) and getting stats from DSTM-Zcash.  All managed by ethos. I also have a few asics.

The problem I have, when I switch my remote miners to ccminer - I have to edit each miner in AM and tell it to monitor ccminer port instead of DSTM-Zash. Bulk Edit doesn't give me an option to change all GPU rigs from ccminer to dstm-zcash.

This is normal.  AM depends on the remote agent to be installed on your rigs in order to control them, otherwise it can only monitor them.  Since the remote agent is Windows only currently, all you can do is monitor your ethos-based linux rigs.  AM needs to know what mining software you are using on that external miner (DSTM vs. ccminer) in order to interpret the API data coming from the external miner.  If there was an API standard that all mining software used, it would be a lot easier... unfortunately, there isn't.  Someone should propose and have all the miner software authors adapt to it.

1. Is there a way for this to happen automatically

Unfortunately no, as I detailed above.  If you were to switch your rigs to Windows based ones and install the remote agent then yes, AM can do this automatically.  It will download the mining software to the rig for you, configure the mining software and mine for you.  In addition, it has better control over the rig, using rules to watch for specific triggers and take some action like restarting the mining software or rebooting the rig just for starters.

2. Should I just create duplicates of each miner?
- Rig 1 has an entry for ccminer, and another for dstm-zcash and so on?

Yes, you could do it this way.  Just remember that AM is licensed on the number of miners you run whether they are external, managed, or profit miners... so make sure you have enough license to monitor all the duplicates.

3. Or do you all think of miners as the programs, where I think of miners as the actual rigs and what they are doing.

I like to think of Awesome Miner as "software-defined" mining.  It takes all these concepts of hosts, mining software, pools, pool groups, services, etc and makes them a software object where you can piece them all together to make your rig do what you want it to do.  It's kind of like when you use VMware virtualization... you define objects in a console to run virtual machines like virtual NICs, virtual hard drives, virtual DVD drives, etc.

But to answer your question, a "miner" in AM's nomenclature is an object that brings together a host, a pool, and mining software to do something on your rig.  The "miner" is very flexible, you can add your own command line parameters to do extra features with the mining software that don't come out of the box.  You can initiate GPU profiles to set over/underclock settings with Afterburner to set specific clocks to match the algorithm you are mining at the pool, and a ton more.

It truly is the one program that brings all these advanced concepts under one roof.  Once you start to "get" how it works, and that everything is software defined, it truly shines.  I'm a huge advocate.

Rockett0

Activity: 20

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:19:17 PM

This is normal.  AM depends on the remote agent to be installed on your rigs in order to control them, otherwise it can only monitor them.  Since the remote agent is Windows only currently, all you can do is monitor your ethos-based linux rigs.  AM needs to know what mining software you are using on that external miner (DSTM vs. ccminer) in order to interpret the API data coming from the external miner.  If there was an API standard that all mining software used, it would be a lot easier... unfortunately, there isn't.  Someone should propose and have all the miner software authors adapt to it.

Thank you so much for your very detailed explanation.

evolart

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:32:37 PM

I'm having an issue using a Nvidia Device Profile to set the DCRI value to 40. I think I've done everything needed but it's not applying the value from what I see when dual mining with Claymore. Please let me know if I am missing something?

https://imgur.com/rhkMJWO

https://imgur.com/D6m9kPz
puwaha

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:34:09 PM

I'm having an issue using a Nvidia Device Profile to set the DCRI value to 40. I think I've done everything needed but it's not applying the value from what I see when dual mining with Claymore. Please let me know if I am missing something?

Device Profiles are really only if you are using SGminer.  So, you don't need it.  But in your profit profile, you can add the DCRI value in the command line parameters, or preferably, I would put it in the secondary pool's command line parameters, so that it only applies when you are mining dual coins with claymore.

By the way... it seems you have nvidia GPUs... they are not very good at dual mining with ethereum, or even that good at mining with ethereum at all.  There are much more profitable algorithms that nvidia do much better like equihash, neoscrypt, xevan, lyra2z, nist5 and more.
tlmoscow

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:54:46 PM

Guys, is there some way to integrate MQTT devices in AM? We have some MQTT powered SONOFF POW switches for power control and rigs monitoring, it would be great if we have power consumption information in progress list and a buttons  "Power on"/"Power off"
evolart

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:04:33 PM

Device Profiles are really only if you are using SGminer.  So, you don't need it.  But in your profit profile, you can add the DCRI value in the command line parameters, or preferably, I would put it in the secondary pool's command line parameters, so that it only applies when you are mining dual coins with claymore.

By the way... it seems you have nvidia GPUs... they are not very good at dual mining with ethereum, or even that good at mining with ethereum at all.  There are much more profitable algorithms that nvidia do much better like equihash, neoscrypt, xevan, lyra2z, nist5 and more.

I should have clarified this is with Managed Profit Miners that have been fully benchmarked and had their profit profiles customized accordingly. AM has been switching to Eth/Sia dual mining multiple times on my 2 Nvidia rigs over the last couple of days from its standard Equihash/Neoscrypt/Skein algos based on the profitability bouncing. With a Managed Profit Miner where do I adjust the dcri value since Pools don't appear to apply to MP miners? I could add it to the Command Line params but as you said that would apply even when it switches to Ethereum solo mining which it has done a couple times as well.
roddy_r

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:29:34 PM

Hi All

New to mining and been using Awesome Miner for nearly a week and I really like it. I have it set for profit switching against Zpool and MPH so at times I see it switching between the two pools every half hour. Is this the best way to set up Awesome miner for profit switching? I don't want to cause any problems for the pools or other miners, is it better to just stick with one?

Also, the software has been stable until today when I added a 5th GPU where I have now had "interface offline" messages a couple of times. I stopped and started the miner and it worked again is there anything in the software i need to be aware of or tweak for stability? The rig has all GTX1060 6GB's, overclocking is applied through Afterburner.

Many thanks
Mikesol

Activity: 50

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:40:35 PM

Is there some reason why Ethminer is not included in AM? Or is it just not as good as Claymore for Ether?
puwaha

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:10:47 PM

Guys, is there some way to integrate MQTT devices in AM? We have some MQTT powered SONOFF POW switches for power control and rigs monitoring, it would be great if we have power consumption information in progress list and a buttons  "Power on"/"Power off"

There's no native support for MQTT, but you could construct some interface for AM to use.  When it comes to rules actions, you have a few options like a custom C# action, email, SMS, telegram, executable, SSH, or webhook.  You might be able to piece something together from an If This Then That website with the webhook option.
puwaha

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:13:36 PM

I should have clarified this is with Managed Profit Miners that have been fully benchmarked and had their profit profiles customized accordingly. AM has been switching to Eth/Sia dual mining multiple times on my 2 Nvidia rigs over the last couple of days from its standard Equihash/Neoscrypt/Skein algos based on the profitability bouncing. With a Managed Profit Miner where do I adjust the dcri value since Pools don't appear to apply to MP miners? I could add it to the Command Line params but as you said that would apply even when it switches to Ethereum solo mining which it has done a couple times as well.

Do you really want your nvidia cards mining Eth or dual mining Eth/Sia?  I can't see how that would ever be profitable compared to the dozens of other algorithms that nvidia cards are better at.  You might just want to disable those algos so they don't switch to it.  Are you sure you benchmarked your cards correctly?  What kind of rigs are you running?

tlmoscow

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:17:04 PM

There's no native support for MQTT, but you could construct some interface for AM to use.  When it comes to rules actions, you have a few options like a custom C# action, email, SMS, telegram, executable, SSH, or webhook.  You might be able to piece something together from an If This Then That website with the webhook option.
I see it's possible to use webhooks with device with JSON API enabled, but this is for monitoring. How can i make a button, or an option in rightmouseclick menu for power off/on device via remote relay? Is it possible?
puwaha

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:20:47 PM

Hi All

New to mining and been using Awesome Miner for nearly a week and I really like it. I have it set for profit switching against Zpool and MPH so at times I see it switching between the two pools every half hour. Is this the best way to set up Awesome miner for profit switching? I don't want to cause any problems for the pools or other miners, is it better to just stick with one?

It's fine.  You should do some experiments to see what switching interval works well for you, or if just mining a single coin is better.  There are many schools of thought on this subject, and I've shared mine several times in this thread, so I won't bore anyone with it again.  Smiley

Also, the software has been stable until today when I added a 5th GPU where I have now had "interface offline" messages a couple of times. I stopped and started the miner and it worked again is there anything in the software i need to be aware of or tweak for stability? The rig has all GTX1060 6GB's, overclocking is applied through Afterburner.

Many thanks

Interface offline just means that the remote agent hasn't responded in the last polling interval.  It's usually temporary.  Could be that your CPU on the rig was taxed.
puwaha

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:22:31 PM

Is there some reason why Ethminer is not included in AM? Or is it just not as good as Claymore for Ether?

Patrike can speak to the exact reasons, but Claymore is a popular miner for Ethash, and has a very good API for AM to get statistics from.  You could always try to add Ethminer in as a custom user-defined miner and see if it performs as well as Claymore.
puwaha

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:29:51 PM

I see it's possible to use webhooks with device with JSON API enabled, but this is for monitoring. How can i make a button, or an option in rightmouseclick menu for power off/on device via remote relay? Is it possible?

I think the whole point of using something like AM is that it can automate some of these things for you.  You setup a rule with some trigger... like maybe a rig that hasn't increased it's Accepted rate in X minutes... so that would tend to mean that it's offline, then the action would be a webhook with some POST data to the IOT device that does some action.... like a power off and then power on?  Or if you have an executable file, you can have it run a batch script to run some program like:

devicesoftware.exe -poweroff -IP 192.168.0.X
TIMEOUT /t 5
devicesoftware.exe -poweron -IP 192.168.0.X

I'm just spit-balling some ideas here.

tlmoscow

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:38:37 PM

I think the whole point of using something like AM is that it can automate some of these things for you.  You setup a rule with some trigger... like maybe a rig that hasn't increased it's Accepted rate in X minutes... so that would tend to mean that it's offline, then the action would be a webhook with some POST data to the IOT device that does some action.... like a power off and then power on?  Or if you have an executable file, you can have it run a batch script to run some program like:

devicesoftware.exe -poweroff -IP 192.168.0.X
TIMEOUT /t 5
devicesoftware.exe -poweron -IP 192.168.0.X

I'm just spit-balling some ideas here.

Looks interesting! But  anyway we need some webhooks implementation in progress customization. I think it's great to have an ability to show some inbound JSON data from 3dparty applications in progress list. It can be power consumtion, for example or external temperature from additional sensors
evolart

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 12:07:21 AM

Device Profiles are really only if you are using SGminer.  So, you don't need it.  But in your profit profile, you can add the DCRI value in the command line parameters, or preferably, I would put it in the secondary pool's command line parameters, so that it only applies when you are mining dual coins with claymore.

By the way... it seems you have nvidia GPUs... they are not very good at dual mining with ethereum, or even that good at mining with ethereum at all.  There are much more profitable algorithms that nvidia do much better like equihash, neoscrypt, xevan, lyra2z, nist5 and more.

Do you really want your nvidia cards mining Eth or dual mining Eth/Sia?  I can't see how that would ever be profitable compared to the dozens of other algorithms that nvidia cards are better at.  You might just want to disable those algos so they don't switch to it.  Are you sure you benchmarked your cards correctly?  What kind of rigs are you running?

I want them mining what is currently most profitable on MPH. Looking at the View Details > Profit Switching tab showed Eth (incld. Blake 2b) as most profitable when it was switched to it. 90% of the time they are doing Equihash / NeoScrypt / Skein from what I've seen over the last couple weeks. Ethereum surged in price recently though and took over during dips in the other algo coins which is why it became most profitable I assume?

Rigs are running 8x1070 GPUs and I'm not sure about your question about correctly benchmarking? It seems relatively straightforward. Tools > Benchmark > Precise benchmark with all Algorithm's selected. Is there something else I need to do?
moppidoo

Activity: 348
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:00:59 AM

Device Profiles are really only if you are using SGminer.  So, you don't need it.  But in your profit profile, you can add the DCRI value in the command line parameters, or preferably, I would put it in the secondary pool's command line parameters, so that it only applies when you are mining dual coins with claymore.

By the way... it seems you have nvidia GPUs... they are not very good at dual mining with ethereum, or even that good at mining with ethereum at all.  There are much more profitable algorithms that nvidia do much better like equihash, neoscrypt, xevan, lyra2z, nist5 and more.

Do you really want your nvidia cards mining Eth or dual mining Eth/Sia?  I can't see how that would ever be profitable compared to the dozens of other algorithms that nvidia cards are better at.  You might just want to disable those algos so they don't switch to it.  Are you sure you benchmarked your cards correctly?  What kind of rigs are you running?

I want them mining what is currently most profitable on MPH. Looking at the View Details > Profit Switching tab showed Eth (incld. Blake 2b) as most profitable when it was switched to it. 90% of the time they are doing Equihash / NeoScrypt / Skein from what I've seen over the last couple weeks. Ethereum surged in price recently though and took over during dips in the other algo coins which is why it became most profitable I assume?

Rigs are running 8x1070 GPUs and I'm not sure about your question about correctly benchmarking? It seems relatively straightforward. Tools > Benchmark > Precise benchmark with all Algorithm's selected. Is there something else I need to do?

It depends on how you gauge performance and what you want to do with the mined coins. All built in profit switching pools in AM allows you to get paid in several coins in general (except NiceHack), the way profit is calculated is to remove the speculation factor about potential future boom or crash of the coins' prices. They are gauged in how much FIAT/Hashrate or BTC/Hashrate after pulling data from the pool's api or WhatToMine. In your case, having simething like 1070 (which I don't have benchmark readily) probably yield you 30 / 300 MH/s dual Eth/Sia. Putting those figures into WhatToMine and with what MiningPoolHub's offered pools, you are still worse off than mining Equihash at 400 sol/s with current hashrate yield data. Even if you upped DCRI from 30 to 40, say 500MHS Sia and 27MHs Eth....or even 30 MHs Eth...you are still behind ZCL's current pay on MPH. Of course, you can look at other pools and mine accordingly...for example, ETP has best pay and it is using Ethhash thus in theory you can get better result still by dual mining...But MPH don't offer ETP.

Otherwise, assuming you have saved your benchmark results after benchmarking, then by looking at Online Services tab, you see Equihash has way higher $/day...NeoScrypt comes after and Skein (likely DGB that spikes every so often)...that's how AM uses the data returned by pool's API to determine profitabilty.

With AM, if you so want to mine dagger/sia, just disable other algos in the online services and force put in commandline DCRI value (one of them works, either in the miner's or profit profile's individual software CLI options) try fiddle with them and check the command being generated using RMB on the miners.

Or just let AM decide and mine the current most profitable coin (in coin/FIAT  or coin/BTC pairs) and auto exchange everything into Ethereum on MPH essentially same as selling  coins -> FIAT -> ETH

Other than that, like puwaha said, there are even more favourable algos if you say mining X17, Nist5..even Phi1612 currently returns much higher even than Equihash on MPH if you want to explore mining via other Online Services / Pools
Pages: « 1 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 [187] 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 ... 647 »
  Print  

Jump to: