Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:43:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 [242] 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 ... 646 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 701024 times)
rafaeldelrey

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:04:30 PM

Hi all,

what are you using? 24 hour average estimate or 24 hour average current? Or maybe only current? and why? Someone is doing some test?

Thanks to all  Grin Grin Grin

With yiimp based pools I use the current estimate. The 24 hour estimate is an average of the previous 24 hours. Yiimp does not attempt to predict the next 24 hours (if it could do that with any accuracy we would all be rich Smiley).

As they say in the financial services industry, past performance is not indicative of future results.

I'm sure others will have different opinions.
I agree and understand.

I have been collecting coin stats, and trying to make a profit switch algorithm.  It is really hard.  You get a current difficulty, or a 24h average, or 2, 4,8 h... this is by no mean, an indicative of future performance.  Take for example DNR, whose difficulty swings wildly in -1000% to + 1000% from an avegare.  Even if someone figure out how to do this, there is still the price.  Some coins have a high volatility in exchanges.  

I will try to use machine learning in order to predict a little better future performance, based on past and current data, but there is no garantee it will work.  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bob-Bit

Activity: 241
Merit: 6

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:56:21 PM

Hello. Thank you for a great program, and even more so because it is constantly evolving with the great suggestions of actual miners. I'd like to second (or third, or fourth, who's counting?) the suggestion of benchmarking every algorithm with every mining software available. Also I was thinking about the periodic re-benchmark feature. My little contribution to that would be if you could set it to let's say "Benchmark approximately every 7-10 days" "Benchmark approximately every 15-20 days", etc, then, the cool part would be that the program runs the benchmark when it detects (for instance) the current profitability is at it's lowest point in the last period. (like run the benchmark sometime between the 7th and 10th day or the 15th-20th day using stats from the period in the example) Also it would be cool to select which mining software re-benchmarks, so you could deselect mining software that isn't even in the ballpark, and only re-benchmark serious contenders. Just a couple ideas that could help, since it seems we're always chasing that 5 or 10 percent that we've lost in profitability. Also, maybe this is obvious, but for re-benchmarking it would be great if it could be  ran on only one GPU if they are all the same model to reduce downtime. And once again, thank you for all you do!

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅✈✈✈ (https://privcy.eu/)
Seanklei10

Activity: 74

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:59:47 PM

Hello. Thank you for a great program, and even more so because it is constantly evolving with the great suggestions of actual miners. I'd like to second (or third, or fourth, who's counting?) the suggestion of benchmarking every algorithm with every mining software available. Also I was thinking about the periodic re-benchmark feature. My little contribution to that would be if you could set it to let's say "Benchmark approximately every 7-10 days" "Benchmark approximately every 15-20 days", etc, then, the cool part would be that the program runs the benchmark when it detects (for instance) the current profitability is at it's lowest point in the last period. (like run the benchmark sometime between the 7th and 10th day or the 15th-20th day using stats from the period in the example) Also it would be cool to select which mining software re-benchmarks, so you could deselect mining software that isn't even in the ballpark, and only re-benchmark serious contenders. Just a couple ideas that could help, since it seems we're always chasing that 5 or 10 percent that we've lost in profitability. Also, maybe this is obvious, but for re-benchmarking it would be great if it could be  ran on only one GPU if they are all the same model to reduce downtime. And once again, thank you for all you do!

I don't understand the need for all of this benchmarking. Unless new software comes out your hashrate for a given algo on a specific mining software will always be a constant.
Bob-Bit

Activity: 241
Merit: 6

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:14:18 PM

Difficulty changes all the time. Also I don't know about everyone else, but the temperature in NY changes week by week. A few weeks ago it was 62 in my apartment (I don't use heat just miners) and 5 degrees outside with all windows closed. Now it's 75 in my apartment using window fans and 72 outside. That makes a difference too. I rebenchmark every once in awhile already so it would be cool if the program did it for me, and choose the best time to do it when profits are low already. Even a 1-2% increase in profits on one or 2 algorithims could be alot of money being left on the table. It would be an option of course, and like I said, you could just select the top contenders ie:results of 620s 650s 660s 661s 662s, you could check off the 660, 661, and 662. Maybe the next week (or set it for a month, or even 2) the mining software that was registering as 661 is now doing 607, and the one that was 662 is coming up at 659 now.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅✈✈✈ (https://privcy.eu/)
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1084

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 06:06:43 PM

Patrike the HTTP API coin setting is wonderful, thank you very much. I am making extensive use of it.

As another line item, can you please add the ability to create new coins via the API as well? The plugins I'm writing/hope to be distributing sorely need it.

Something along the lines of:
POST http://mypc:17790/api/coins/NEW?longname=COIN_NAME&shortname=CNNME&algo=skein

Thank you!
Request to the top!
I've noted your request, and I fully understand your requirement.
Thank you!!
Yo Patrike, any chance on an update on this? I'm starting to release my plugins for your product and it will really help to have this feature to reduce people's setup time.  Grin

Also some users have mentioned that when using the BTC/MHs per day option they lose price quotes because AM obviously does not get the pricing info. It would be realllyyy helpful if I could just send the coin details (price, diff, etc) over the API so they don't lose that.  Cool

Thanks!
Hello!

First of all, thanks for your great work on adding additional coins and statistics to Awesome Miner with your scripts.

I do have some good news for you. I've implemented support for adding and removing user defined coins via the API . There will be a new development release with support for it in a few days from now.

Add user defined coin with profitability
Similar to the API call to set coin profitability, a new user defined coin can automatically be added if no coin with the specified short name exists. The name and algorithm parameters must be specified for the coin to be added. If the coin already exists, the name and algorithm parameters will be ignored and only the profitability will be updated.

Code:
POST http://mypc:17790/api/coins/{shortname}?profit=...&name=...&algorithm=...
Example:
Code:
POST http://mypc:17790/api/coins/ABC?profit=0.000015&name=MyAbcCoin&algorithm=Scrypt

Delete user defined coin
Code:
DELETE http://mypc:17790/api/coins/{shortname}
Example:
Code:
DELETE http://mypc:17790/api/coins/ABC

What I've not finalized yet is a way to set other parameters like coin difficulty and so on. I can add that quite fast if there is a need for it as well - just let me know. Any feedback is of course welcome.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 06:27:26 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2018, 06:42:15 PM by patrike

Development update

This purpose of this post is to give an update on what's in the pipeline right now. The plan is to have a development release available in a couple of days from now, and then a public release about one week from now.

- Pool Balance: Show unpaid balance and recent payouts from the pools used by the profit switcher (Nicehash, zpool, MPH, ...). In the future this will be improved by also tracking pool hashrates and similar information where available.
- Bminer mining software
- New pools for the profit switcher

In addition to the above, there will also be a number of smaller improvements as well.

I appreciate all feedback and discussions about improvements. I prioritize the development based on the most requested features in order to make as many users as possible happy.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 06:34:38 PM

There's an announcement on Ahashpool about them changing the unit for "scrypt" to mBTC/Gh/day (from previously mBTC/Mh/day) to match other pools.
Does Awesome Miner need to update for this to keep the calculations correct?
Yes, an update to Awesome Miner will be required. Awesome Miner will have to take the new value and divide by 1000 to get the correct reading.

For some reason, Yiimp pools use the same hash rate unit for display on the web site as in their API's. Preferably the API's should have a fixed unit, but that's not the case. Nicehash also uses that design.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 06:40:56 PM

I agree with you on those suggestions. I dream of a precise benchmark that would do as follow :
- For each algorithm, test all compatible software and select the best one as the one to use ! For example an equihash test on nvidia card would select the best software between ccminer, EWBF and DSTM.
- Once the software is selected, then make another test to determine for each algorithm what would be the best intensity.

On top of that, if AM would be able to make similar profit calculations as Nemosminer can do, we could have the best managing sofware for miners !
Thanks for the suggestions. I agree that the benchmarking can be improved. I will use your feedback and the feedback in a few other posts here as input to future improvements of Awesome Miner.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 06:47:10 PM

Hello Patrike,
Is it possible to see what is happening in console tab of a rig even if we set in environment properties to hide the window ?
That's not supported. Right now Awesome Miner is taking the screen capture of the console window and display. If the window is hidden, that's unfortunately not possible.

mdpauley

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:20:14 PM

Development update

This purpose of this post is to give an update on what's in the pipeline right now. The plan is to have a development release available in a couple of days from now, and then a public release about one week from now.

- Pool Balance: Show unpaid balance and recent payouts from the pools used by the profit switcher (Nicehash, zpool, MPH, ...). In the future this will be improved by also tracking pool hashrates and similar information where available.
- Bminer mining software

In addition to the above, there will also be a number of smaller improvements as well.

I appreciate all feedback and discussions about improvements. I prioritize the development based on the most requested features in order to make as many users as possible happy.

@patrike, I'm running a main device and 1 remote agent. I have excavator installed in the exact same places on both rigs. Excavator fails to start on the remote rig though. Is there a trick to have it run on both?

thanks!
eminer001

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:57:50 PM

Hi all,

what are you using? 24 hour average estimate or 24 hour average current? Or maybe only current? and why? Someone is doing some test?

Thanks to all  Grin Grin Grin

With yiimp based pools I use the current estimate. The 24 hour estimate is an average of the previous 24 hours. Yiimp does not attempt to predict the next 24 hours (if it could do that with any accuracy we would all be rich Smiley).

As they say in the financial services industry, past performance is not indicative of future results.

I'm sure others will have different opinions.
I agree and understand.

I have been collecting coin stats, and trying to make a profit switch algorithm.  It is really hard.  You get a current difficulty, or a 24h average, or 2, 4,8 h... this is by no mean, an indicative of future performance.  Take for example DNR, whose difficulty swings wildly in -1000% to + 1000% from an avegare.  Even if someone figure out how to do this, there is still the price.  Some coins have a high volatility in exchanges.  

I will try to use machine learning in order to predict a little better future performance, based on past and current data, but there is no garantee it will work.  

It will work great with TensorFlow to implement a neural network that if you train and configure correctly it would be useful.
Remember that there is always someone with a higher knowledge than you that can know more than you, and TensorFlow is a great product.

Have a great day.
eminer001

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:00:52 PM

I am very happy you all see that my pragmatic ideas are good and that you all want fair pools and a better product from Awesome Miner.
soothaa

Activity: 1151
Merit: 528

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:07:19 PM

Hello!

First of all, thanks for your great work on adding additional coins and statistics to Awesome Miner with your scripts.

I do have some good news for you. I've implemented support for adding and removing user defined coins via the API . There will be a new development release with support for it in a few days from now.

Similar to the API call to set coin profitability, a new user defined coin can automatically be added if no coin with the specified short name exists. The name and algorithm parameters must be specified for the coin to be added. If the coin already exists, the name and algorithm parameters will be ignored and only the profitability will be updated.

Code:
Example:
Code:
POST http://mypc:17790/api/coins/ABC?profit=0.000015&name=MyAbcCoin&algorithm=Scrypt

Delete user defined coin
Code:
Example:
Code:
Awesome! Thank you, this will help quite a lot.
What I've not finalized yet is a way to set other parameters like coin difficulty and so on. I can add that quite fast if there is a need for it as well - just let me know. Any feedback is of course welcome.
Yes, that would be a huge help to me and anyone else who wants to add many custom coins in the future.

Want increased coin support within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for nearly any coin! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2979494
Want Masternode income stats within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for them! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3047367
eminer001

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:16:22 PM

Development update

- Bminer mining software

Thank you very much Patrike, for the effort and understanding the things that are really important for our returns.

Tracking and storing a history of pool hashrates is very useful, because we will be able to select the pools that are fair and have the highest profits using as I suggested, the unique miner ID identifications. You have the statistics refreshed every few seconds for each miner from pool API, with the updated total hashes and you can see the progress between 2 different units of time.

Thank you for adding new pools like:  zergpool  minemoney  blazepool or other pools that will help us diversify and select the pools with the highest proffits.

For example zergpool has 0% fee and if their exchange fee is lower than ~6% exchange fee that we all pay to to pools, to change mined coins to BTC, we will be able to have 10% more profit and use that pool.

Thank you for that.

cain2941ll

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:30:59 PM

What is the command to single out a single GPU on Excavator, i found it does Neoscrypt 2x higher than my ccminer, so wanted to use it as part of profit switching, but want to be able to specify which GPU's to use it on only like i do on ccminer (-d 1) in command line
--cuda 0 1 2

I can't seem to get this to work.  Under profit profile, I select excavator, configure, then use --cuda 1 in the command line argument but that doesn't seem to effect anything.  I have a GPU in 0 and 1.
streaml1ne

Activity: 32

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:53:31 PM

Patrike,

When do you think we can get PhoenixMiner supported as a managed profit miner?

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 09:35:05 PM

Development update

- Bminer mining software

@patrike, I'm running a main device and 1 remote agent. I have excavator installed in the exact same places on both rigs. Excavator fails to start on the remote rig though. Is there a trick to have it run on both?

thanks!
Please use the Diagnostics button in the toolbar to see if you get any specific error messages.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 09:36:28 PM

Hello!

Code:
Example:
Code:

Delete user defined coin
Code:
Example:
Code:
Awesome! Thank you, this will help quite a lot.
Yes, that would be a huge help to me and anyone else who wants to add many custom coins in the future.
I will go ahead and just add a few more URL parameters for these coin properties. The overall concept will still be the same.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 09:38:23 PM

Patrike,

Once Bminer is fully tested and released next week, Phoenix Miner is the next mining software on the priority list.

streaml1ne

Activity: 32

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:59:12 PM

Patrike,

Once Bminer is fully tested and released next week, Phoenix Miner is the next mining software on the priority list.

Excellent, thank you sir.
Pages: « 1 ... 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 [242] 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 ... 646 »
  Print  

Jump to: